Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:37:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold  (Read 28561 times)
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 09:09:06 PM

I am not sure that bitcoin can defeat gold someday. Gold is much better because making owner feeling safe. Bitcoin just making your heart working freaquently every time Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soenaderecho10

Activity: 322
Merit: 25

“OPEN GAMING PLATFORM”

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:55:09 PM

yes, bitcoin has long beaten gold, now bitcoin prices have reached $ 11,384. gold is far behind by bitcoin, now many people say that bitcoin will become the world's currency in the future. if anyone knows bitcoin then they are more willing to invest with bitcoin than gold because the profit from bitcoin is very big than gold.
GOLD has no comparison with bitcoin because both are hell different. But if we still compare them, bitcoin for sure wins the game and this because of its capability to increase and decrease in value frequently. Gold does not provided people with much opportunity of making money. 

Bitcoin is many users and investors and its nice to invest a bitcoin because of the good value and bitcoin is you have a chance to purchase if the bitcoin will low pricing and we know bitcoin can deafet the pricing of gold because of some investors changing gold to bitcoin on investing because of good pricing and theres many persons become rich so that bitcoin will deafeted on gold.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
jhamz03

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:52:46 AM

I think gold was always been more worth than bitcoin but in terms of the amount you can say that bitcoin is a lot more powerful than gold and bitcoin has lot more feature's that gold doesn't have. Furthermore bitcoin is easy to find and to acquire rather than gold which is so hard to find.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:35:28 PM

There's no competition between bitcoin and gold. Bitcoin's price increase every moment but it can decrease also, While the gold take some times same as altcoins, they increase late. Glad to see bitcoin surpass gold but its better not to compare with it. Bitcoin can be crash anytime while gold can never be crashed and has been trusted by everyone for ages.
eyebags1994

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:27:19 PM

Wow! Its so nice to hear that one if its true that by April price of bitcoin will up so high than the price of gold. In that case I guess its true that bitcoin is now starting to defeat gold. And congratulations to all of us. We must be very happy for the good news!
edir_ruvall

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:29:19 PM

LoL
This reconfirms the profitability of the long term bitcoin hold. This thread was started for a year ago. And now you can look on the gold and bitcoin price ratio. Learn from this.
Tiernadi

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:24:28 PM

Gold is a precious metal while Bitcoin is a virtual currency. Bitcoin defeated gold only in demand, but gold still remains a reliable and good form for saving and multiplying its funds. I wonder what would think those man who died in the gold fever, i'm sure that they have some regrets  Grin Grin
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:25:37 PM

Yes because in this era of social communication and internet access the bitcoin defeated gold because it is earned by accessing the internet by mining or posting like this forum. But in earning gold you need patience and dedicate in digging in order to find one, if you have the right position or location.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:21:04 PM

I think it's just too early and uncalled for to say that bitcoin has beaten gold utterly. Bitcoin and Gold may have similarities
with the close knit value on the market, but in terms of history and growth, I favor gold the most. In it's one hundred
years of market growth, gold has always shown steady and substantial increase. It lasted more years and centuries and
surely it will outlast bitcoins. But I also have to recognize and give credit to bitcoins, with it's 9 years tenure bitcoins has
shown exceptional market growth and was able to reach, match and even surpass gold's prestigious market price.
youngagethinker

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:15:37 PM

In order to defeat gold, first Bitcoin needs to achieve the same level of popularity and user-base as that of its rival. But as of now, Bitcoin is far behind gold in terms of these parameters. Bitcoin is having around 100 million users, while gold is estimated to have more than 2 billion users.

This time it's not just all about the demand, the market cap, or the usage of BTC, or the material value of gold. The concept on how a material survives, though time is one of the most important, yup maybe BTC's market cap is slowly moving up to the market cap of gold which is currently at $7.8 trillion (according to Forbes). If the cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) will be able to survive for hundred of years, then it will be one of the most valuable asset that we can have. If this technology break in 10 more years, then it won't be able to reach the level of gold.

Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.

In April 2017, when the bitcoin price overtook the gold price, a Gold Fund started investing in bitcoin:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/24/a-gold-fund-is-investing-in-bitcoin.html

Basically they put 5% of their fund into bitcoin, and to keep the investment at 5%, they sell when the bitcoin element exceeds that amount, and reinvest in gold. It's been profitable for them.

Some of their employees might be a professional trader so I expect no less for them. I even think that billionaires who are saying some negative comments about crypto are secretly trading, buying the dips and selling at ATS.

Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:28:32 PM

In my opinion has not been defeated gold, this can be seen from various angles for example is the number of users, I'm sure that almost 100% of people in this world know gold while bitcoin users is not more than 1%, this is what makes many countries have not legalized bitcoin so gold is better than bitcoin.
Bitcoin will never defeated gold because Gold has long history and Gold also have many important application in the life. I see you said quite exactly that almost 100% of people in the world know gold while Bitcoin is very a little about 1% - 2%. Beside, Many people think that the price of Bitcoin is higher than Gold but i think they mistook. Total gold in the world is approximate 17 millions Kg and Bitcoin is 17 millions Coin so we should compare 1 Bitcoin and 1 kg Gold. 1 kg Gold = $43,000 now while 1 bitcoin is just $10,0700.
gold will become part of history now bitcoin has defeated gold now and the rate of bitcoin shows that gold is used in ancient time for symbol of richness now people are saying that that one is rich who have maximum no of bitcoins so forget about gold.
If truly we talk about the price and the demand I must say bitcoin is better than gold and it has no comparison with gold. bitcoin is much better than gold it is high in price and it has a lot of potential to grow but gold is being use by a lot of people just as a jwillary nothing else, bitcoin is safe and no one can know about your bitcoin so it will grow for your future and will not bad for your safety as well but a lot of gold can cause danger for you because you can get robe if you are not having proper system to hold your gold. But for bitcoin the only thing you need is wallet to save and the practice to hold and after that everything will be profit only
I do not understand your opinion.
Although you have same idea like me is Bitcoin better than Gold, but you can not prove what reason make Bitcoin better than Gold!
Bitcoin and Gold all can steal through a useless system store both assets.
Not like you said, Bitcoin does not have this risk while the fact, many people lost Bitcoin by hacker.
alexmuro

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:51:09 AM

Gold's price absolutely depends on another things and it's worldwidely used from begining. Also if we look bitcoin, it's supply is limited like gold in the earth but bitcoin is new, number of mined bitcoins is still low and many people are interested in using it. Also it's decentralized and it's price depends on latest transactions price. So the word Bitcoim has defeated gold <- is wrong.

From the perspective of price levels and potential in future, bitcoin is very superior, Bitcoin should be equated with fiat, not gold. Gold is commodity with a very slow movement, but has a strong resistance to raise prices. While bitcoin is the opposite. Not only from price factor, demand a fast moving market is also the main reason. It's just a matter of hope and confidence, bitcoin certainly beats gold.
Yes of course, bitcoin has already beat gold in terms of trading value. Gold cannot reach that sudden increase of price with respect to time. But gold is already tested  as commodity with high resistance although it has a slower increase of trading value compared to bitcoin.
longskie0327

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:39:50 AM

Well!.. I don't exactly know the value of each gold and how it was being trade or sell but as far as bitcoin is concern it's price value has the potential to increase than the usual and it can indeed beat gold.
PDNade

Activity: 308

D E P O S I T O R Y N E T W O R K

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:40:17 AM

Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
Yeah its true nothing can stop Bitcoin but Bitcoin can dump high so dont be happy not like gold Gold dosent dump so high. For me Gold is much better because Bitcoin is too Risky.

D E P O ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DEPOSITORY NETWORK | WP   :   ENG   CN   RUS
FOLLOW US: ► TELEGRAM    ► TWITTER                                  The World’s   F i r s t   D e c e n t r a l i z e d
                                                ► LINKEDIN      ► FACEBOOK        BUY DEPO         M u l t i - P l a t f o r m   Collateral   I n f r a s t r u c t u r e
johnnythunder

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:45:53 AM

There's no opposition amongst bitcoin and gold. Bitcoin's cost increment each minute yet it can diminish likewise, While the gold take a few times same as altcoins, they increment late. Happy to see bitcoin outperform gold yet its better not to contrast and it. Bitcoin can be crash whenever while gold can never be slammed and has been trusted by everybody for a very long time.
toxic0n

Activity: 413

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:42:19 AM

Like you numerous individuals have purchased bitcoin with the expectation that one day it will defeat every one of the organizations on the planet in light of the quickly developing cost. What's more, the holders are tensely sitting tight for that time with the goal that they will win increasingly cash when the cost will go considerably higher figure. Other than gold market costs are moderate and the speculators sit tight for quite a while to take their offers in the benefit.
koyo12

Activity: 123

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:22:44 AM

It was done now and this is reality we are in now?
I dunno. Embarrassed
I dont think so if bitcoin will defeated gold. Because we all k ow gold is much expensive unlike bitcoin the value of this is not stable. But everybody can own bitcoin even if small amount to start to earn more bitcoin.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:05:44 PM

Bitcoin has defeated gold already.

How can you say that BTC already defeated gold? because of the price?
1 ounce of gold and 1 BTC is two different things.
People must not think it that way, the BTC market cap is still far from gold. It's not all about the price. Its about the adoption, volatility, safety, and ancient value.

I think It's not easy. Gold is the most efficient asset in the world and people want gold everytime in the history. Because gold is meaning glory and wealth. Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency not. Roll Eyes

Yes, and its value will go up and will drastically increase in the next years, as an asset and as a jewelry it is unbeatable. I want BTC to have a credibility like this, but this would take decades before that happens.

Jembut Ireng

Activity: 586
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:20:30 PM

We can not say that bitcoin has defeated gold, if we calculate marketcap bitcoin vs gold of course is still very far and gold is bigger than bitcoin, it is certainly a logical consideration for us to divide money into several types of investments including gold.
wewe123

Activity: 322

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:43:42 AM

We can not say that bitcoin has defeated gold, if we calculate marketcap bitcoin vs gold of course is still very far and gold is bigger than bitcoin, it is certainly a logical consideration for us to divide money into several types of investments including gold.

In terms of investment they are both qualified the gold and bitcoin but bitcoin will defeat gold time and time because the value of gold is not rising fast compare to bitcoin investments that the value in the market will rise fast and your investment may have the advantage than gold.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: