Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:47:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZEN] ZENCASH: Permanent, Distributed, and Fully Anonymous cryptocurrency  (Read 243315 times)
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:07:51 AM

It turns out that zcl and zen are opposite to each other, when one rises other falls down, so it might be a good time to enter ZEN. Weak hands will end this sell off and price will start recovering. I hope we will soon see masternodes, then we can espect some nice things.

You can rent this space

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:55:36 AM

Any updates on Eleos wallet?
Is it working for windows now?
Yes, it's working fine, you can download it from here https://github.com/zencashofficial/eleos/releases
My dumbass avast blocks the daemon (zcld.exe). The strange thing is, it does not appear in the Virus Container. So I cannot whitelist it.
Any idea?

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:38:24 PM

What are you talking about 13% fees? There's a known funding model, set out in the Whitepaper, 3.5% for devs, 3.5% for secure nodes, 5% for DAO, which makes a total of 12%. This to me is the major STRENGTH not weakness of ZenCash. I also thought it was fairer to all parties than a straight up 20% going to devs as in Zcash.

What centralize solution are you talking about? This is a distributed proof of work coin with an ASIC resistant mining algorithm. In what sense is it centralized visa-vis other ASIC resistant coins? How are nodes centralized if they're private people staking their own ZenCash?

I think criticisms of ZenCash should be made, but ones with a basis, like the poster before you, rather than one's just made up.

What I like (more like liked - in the past), about this project was incentive and looking promising with new features.
Now it's looking bad, because - dev gone, fees (almost 13%) and centralized solutions, it wasn't meant to be another ZCash, but it's getting to this point - even praising ZCash, which definately isn't what cryptocurrenies/assets, decentralized should look like.
But seems like they are trying to push it that way. I will always go anytime with decentralized solution and open-sorce, community driven, than centralized, and fees driven. And I think that most of the real cryptocurrency users and fans believe and go with such solution, than centralized, nodes setup.

Decentralization not centralization is a way-to-go.
Ok, I was wrong, about 1%, so what? 12% is still a lot of when people don't want to give 1-2.5% for dev fee for miners or 1% for mining pool.
And as we count we see = 100% mining - 12% dev coin/nodes/dao - 2-2.5% dev fee miner - 1% pool = 84.5-85% of your mined coins.
And then taxes after sale the currency, so when we can only have about 70-72% of our mined coins... Everybody wants to be in the middle of our (miners) coins. 3.5% there, 5% out there, but miners mainly give you the strength of your network, I feel like taxation, so I will always choose the solution without taxation, or without fees. Just give me the address for donation - I will donate for your work, and not that you will have my earned coins. Zen is nothing more than another reincarnation of ZCash, just a little more powdered to look more 'open', with lower fees than ZCash. Nodes will always be in some part of centralized - it's not an obvious central solution, but it's similar to check pointing - it's based on more centralized solution.
lupanar

Activity: 1344
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:17:03 PM

Any updates on Eleos wallet?
Is it working for windows now?
Yes, it's working fine, you can download it from here https://github.com/zencashofficial/eleos/releases
My dumbass avast blocks the daemon (zcld.exe). The strange thing is, it does not appear in the Virus Container. So I cannot whitelist it.
Any idea?
I don't even see a zcld.exe file in eleos-win32-x64 folder. Do you open eleos.exe file to start wallet? Did you tried to close your avast?

▄███▄▄                  ▄▄███▄
▄██▄ ▀▀████▄              ▄████▀▀ ▄██▄
 ▀████▄ ▀▀████▄        ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀
█▄ ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄█
███  ▄▀▀████▄ ▀  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀▄  ███
███  ██▄ ▀▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄██  ███
███  ██▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄  ▀██  ███
███  ▀  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀  ████▄  ▀  ███
█▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀████▄   ▀█
  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀    ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████▄
████▀▀ ▄████▀▀          ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████
███  ████▀▀ ▄█▄         ▄▄ ▀▀████  ███
███  ███  ▄▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀   ███  ███
███  ███  ██▄ ▀▀  ▄███▀▀ ▄██  ███  ███
███  ███  █▀   ▄███▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ███  ███
███  ███    ▄███▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ▄  ███  ███
███  ███  ███▀▀ ▄███▀▀   ▄██  ███  ███
▀██  ███  ▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ▄██▄ ▀█  ███  ██▀
  ▀  ███  ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄  ███  ▀
      ▀█  █▀▀            ▀▀█  █▀
LUXCORE
██████████████▄
██          ██▀█▄
██  ██████  ██  ▀█▄
██  ██████  ██    ▀█
██  ██████  ████████
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ███████       ██
██                ██
████████████████████
▬▬▬     DOWNLOAD WALLETS     ▬▬▬
| WINDOWS | MAC | LINUX | LUXBLOCKCHAIN |
████████      EXCHANGE      ████████

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
playingpoodles

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:29:38 PM

Look @muf18 I'm not actually trying to be your adversary or argue with you, and I respect your opinion. What I am saying is that an 88% mining reward, with 12% going to development, DAO and secure nodes, is better for a coin's prospects than 100% mining reward with no specifically allocated funds for development. That's why ZenCash was created in the first place as the successor to ZCL - because ZCL without dedicated development funding didn't really work. It all then falls on shoulders of key unpaid developers which can work for a while, but is not sustainable. They stop putting in their time for nothing after a while.

This is my view. DASH was probably the first clear example to me of the benefit of dedicated development funding - particularly around coding, code audit, and marketing. I think we're all hoping ZenCash will be an example of this too in the coming months, to couple of years.

As for the tax thing you brought up, it applies to all cryptocurrencies. I'm sure national tax authorities around the world would love to tax the capital gains of all cryptos, their darkest fantasies probably revolve around that. At the moment, a miniscule number of private investors pay tax on their crypto profits. Smiley

I understand and sympathise with where you are coming from philosophically. I probably share your desire for decentralisation, for example for value transfer to be no longer monopolised by usurious banks. But in addition to certain similarities in philisophical outlook, I myself, and I believe most people in this space, also have a personal profit motive. At the end of the day someone who finds allocating some of the block reward to fund development fundamentally objectionable would have to make their investment choices in light of this.

What are you talking about 13% fees? There's a known funding model, set out in the Whitepaper, 3.5% for devs, 3.5% for secure nodes, 5% for DAO, which makes a total of 12%. This to me is the major STRENGTH not weakness of ZenCash. I also thought it was fairer to all parties than a straight up 20% going to devs as in Zcash.

What centralize solution are you talking about? This is a distributed proof of work coin with an ASIC resistant mining algorithm. In what sense is it centralized visa-vis other ASIC resistant coins? How are nodes centralized if they're private people staking their own ZenCash?

I think criticisms of ZenCash should be made, but ones with a basis, like the poster before you, rather than one's just made up.

What I like (more like liked - in the past), about this project was incentive and looking promising with new features.
Now it's looking bad, because - dev gone, fees (almost 13%) and centralized solutions, it wasn't meant to be another ZCash, but it's getting to this point - even praising ZCash, which definately isn't what cryptocurrenies/assets, decentralized should look like.
But seems like they are trying to push it that way. I will always go anytime with decentralized solution and open-sorce, community driven, than centralized, and fees driven. And I think that most of the real cryptocurrency users and fans believe and go with such solution, than centralized, nodes setup.

Ok, I was wrong, about 1%, so what? 12% is still a lot of when people don't want to give 1-2.5% for dev fee for miners or 1% for mining pool.
And as we count we see = 100% mining - 12% dev coin/nodes/dao - 2-2.5% dev fee miner - 1% pool = 84.5-85% of your mined coins.
And then taxes after sale the currency, so when we can only have about 70-72% of our mined coins... Everybody wants to be in the middle of our (miners) coins. 3.5% there, 5% out there, but miners mainly give you the strength of your network, I feel like taxation, so I will always choose the solution without taxation, or without fees. Just give me the address for donation - I will donate for your work, and not that you will have my earned coins. Zen is nothing more than another reincarnation of ZCash, just a little more powdered to look more 'open', with lower fees than ZCash. Nodes will always be in some part of centralized - it's not an obvious central solution, but it's similar to check pointing - it's based on more centralized solution.
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:40:39 PM

WOW...

Taxation of miners coins... they aren't TAKING any coins AWAY from the PUBLISHED miner distribution in anyway. It was BUILT to ALSO reward a dev/DAO/NODE fund as PARTICIPATION continues. It is not taxation if you VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE!

Also... IT IS YOUR CHOICE TO USE A MINER WITH A DEV FEE!!!! They state a way to turn it off up front in exchange for NOT using optimizations THEY took the time to code. The trade off is worth it because the optimizations are worth more than the dev fee.

You don't like pool fees? OPs shouldn't get paid to make your mining EASIER?

I will just stop... you just want all your mining for FREE without having to code your own software, run your own wallet nodes, host your own pools AND run your own exchange. GOT NEWS FOR YOU PEOPLE MAKE THOSE THINGS TO MAKE $$$$$ NOT BABYSIT AND FEED COINS TO YOUR ASS!

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
TmottaDing

Activity: 234

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:53:26 PM

I added a pool Zcrypt.live if anyone needs a small new pool.

TmottaDing

Activity: 234

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:17:02 PM

Zen is worth more but difficulty is higher. So depends on the power you are mining with.

muf18

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:31:57 PM

WOW...

Taxation of miners coins... they aren't TAKING any coins AWAY from the PUBLISHED miner distribution in anyway. It was BUILT to ALSO reward a dev/DAO/NODE fund as PARTICIPATION continues. It is not taxation if you VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE!

Also... IT IS YOUR CHOICE TO USE A MINER WITH A DEV FEE!!!! They state a way to turn it off up front in exchange for NOT using optimizations THEY took the time to code. The trade off is worth it because the optimizations are worth more than the dev fee.

You don't like pool fees? OPs shouldn't get paid to make your mining EASIER?

I will just stop... you just want all your mining for FREE without having to code your own software, run your own wallet nodes, host your own pools AND run your own exchange. GOT NEWS FOR YOU PEOPLE MAKE THOSE THINGS TO MAKE $$$$$ NOT BABYSIT AND FEED COINS TO YOUR ASS!

The other guy take my opinion with respect, and made right conclusions, you just took, the ones I don't even said, and made with huge CAPITAL letters. I said people, not me, I respect, and I'm paying 1-2% dev fee miner and for pool, because without it, I couldn't have rewards. And I said something completetly different, but you just missunderstand it so be in your false conviction.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:16:06 PM

You can look at Dash and Monero. They came out around the same time, and are both privacy oriented. Monero took the voluntary community funded development approach. Dash took the approach that Zen is modeled upon.

Technically, Monero is superior in virtually every way. In fact, one can make a very good argument that it's an even better privacy coin than Zcash. But Dash is worth more and has had a significantly higher market cap. The DAO, masternode, etc. approach is better for investors. Though it may prove to be a weakness in the long term.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 08:18:30 PM

You can look at Dash and Monero. They came out around the same time, and are both privacy oriented. Monero took the voluntary community funded development approach. Dash took the approach that Zen is modeled upon.

Technically, Monero is superior in virtually every way. In fact, one can make a very good argument that it's an even better privacy coin than Zcash. But Dash is worth more and has had a significantly higher market cap. The DAO, masternode, etc. approach is better for investors. Though it may prove to be a weakness in the long term.

Mmh monero superior? It's superior complex than everything else Smiley

And wasn't there a block explorer posted some time ago which can successfully reverse the ring signature anonymity thingy of monero as well?

IMHO zec is the way to go..

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
infofront
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:53:16 PM

And wasn't there a block explorer posted some time ago which can successfully reverse the ring signature anonymity thingy of monero as well?

ZEC is much more complex than any other crypto. You need a mathematics PhD to understand it.

You're thinking about the hit piece put out a few months ago by the Zcash team. Basically, they published a paper about a vulnerability that was known about, and already fixed, about two years ago.

I may sound anti-ZEC, but I believe it will likely be very successful.
Socket54

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:55:02 PM

The slow bleed in volume and price of Zen is concerning. Why does this coin appear to be dying off so soon?

Laugh Smile and Love
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 08:58:14 PM

ZEC is much more complex than any other crypto. You need a mathematics PhD to understand it.

You're thinking about the hit piece put out a few months ago by the Zcash team. Basically, they published a paper about a vulnerability that was known about, and already fixed, about two years ago.

Ugh.. For me it's the complete oposite, i've wrote pools for both coins and I'm still having some issues sometimes with Pornero whereas zcash is just running fine..

This was the block explorer I was talking about:

http://monerolink.com/

So basically all un- or lowmixed TX'es are linkable ...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Aerys2

Activity: 1190
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 09:10:34 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 09:25:03 PM by Aerys2

What's happening to Zen ? This is madness.

XSL Labs.io
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
muf18

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:39:53 PM

Monero has seen a sustainable growth, whereas DASH was pumped up in 2017 especially like hell.
In 2016 Monero have an upper hand in market cap to DASH. So I think it's not like that. And still - for 'investors'. But do we want investors - whose are in main frame just big speculators or real investors - long term, whose are devoted community. Many people now on exchanges, doesn't even now what main purposes has this/that currency/asset, they just buy it, when ICO, when nice theme, and nice webpage. They don't care, about tech, about team, sometimes they don't even care if it works, or is it just in some mere concept in plan - if there is ICO they buy. And this is bad. These ICOs are so bad sometimes, that I wonder, what it will look like after mania slowdown...
AltInvestor

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:54:30 PM

The slow bleed in volume and price of Zen is concerning. Why does this coin appear to be dying off so soon?

Weak hands, scared investors. Good opportunity to buy for cheap.
muf18

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:10:51 PM

I will be interested in Zen, when it's ratio to ZCL will be 1:1. The same was with exchange, so maybe we will go one more time there  Tongue.
Strange enough after Zen drama, there is less BTC vol then in ZCL. And all people were saying that ZCL will go to the past...
infofront
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:36:45 AM

Ugh.. For me it's the complete oposite, i've wrote pools for both coins and I'm still having some issues sometimes with Pornero whereas zcash is just running fine..

This was the block explorer I was talking about:

http://monerolink.com/

So basically all un- or lowmixed TX'es are linkable ...

I didn't realize Monero was that messy on the back end. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since Jaxx was having trouble integrating it at all. I haven't seen monerolink before. Thanks
gghost

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:47:48 AM

My thoughts on the concern over short term lower ZEN price:

ZEN has been near top of most profitable coins to mine which puts sell pressure from miners who immediately dump, that coupled with there being lots of easy coins gotten by non-believers in the project during the 1:1 ZCL fork.

The coin is new, had some launch hurdles and is priced accordingly. If you believe in the whitepaper and the vision then now is a good time to accumulate. When ZEC holders are are getting a 3x return ZEN holders will be getting a 300x return.

It looks like the world governments are attempting to pass bills doing whatever they can to halt the crypto scene. Last I read they want persons to have to disclose cryptocurrency balances when traveling internationally. You will be glad that you are holding one of the most censorship resistant and anonymous coins should this happens.

My 2 ZEN Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: