Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:12:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we bring back the masternode feature to Solaris?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 💥SOLARIS PLATFORM [XLR] 💥Swapping to FinaToken  (Read 308796 times)
badfad

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:20:05 AM

How is your wallet working guys?

I have mined some xlr some time ago, but right now the qt-wallet is "Out of sync" and won't sync at all.
Any help?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 01:20:15 PM

Wow! Look at the price! What has caused this to pump all of a sudden? I'm not complaining as I love this coin and have been in it for many months now. I'll be holding for the long term so not need for me to sell any of my Solaris right now. Are you working on the masternodes dev? is that the plan going forward with Solaris?

It's getting a lot of attention lately because of the masternode, if you backread a little dev is planning on it but want to involve the community by asking us which algo or how many coins for masternode.

With standard masternodes our coin can be still mineable.  With the  newest masternodecoin (core base 12.2) we can get PoS coin only. What you think about that?

Thank you for your support.

With standard masternodes we can still get PoS rewards, or only with newest masternodecoin? If we can get PoS rewards i prefer standard masternodecoin but only if Solaris coin will still be Asic mining resistant.

How is your wallet working guys?

I have mined some xlr some time ago, but right now the qt-wallet is "Out of sync" and won't sync at all.
Any help?

I use android wallet and works fine. Try restart wallet, your router.
SolarisDev (OP)

Activity: 687
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 03:44:48 PM

With standard masternodes we can still get PoS rewards, or only with newest masternodecoin? If we can get PoS rewards i prefer standard masternodecoin but only if Solaris coin will still be Asic mining resistant.

Please let me clarify that.  We have following possibilities:

- Only PoW and Masternodes
- PoW phase with masternodes and after that PoS with masternodes.

Thanks for support !

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀███▄
▄██▀███████▄██▄████▀██▄
▄██▀█████████████▄█▀▀██▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄████████████▄
██▌▄███▀▀████▀▀█████▀▀█▄██▐██
████████████████▀██▌▀██▀██▐██
█████████████████▐████████▐██
███▌████████████████▌████████
████████████████▐██████████
███▄██████████▄██▀███▄███
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Next Generation
Proof-of-Stake Platform

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Twitter  Telegram  Discord  ANN

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

.EXPLORE.
.DISCOVER.
.EXCHANGE.
Crypto Exchange
Built by Solaris Team

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Twitter  Telegram  Facebook
Lercker

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:48:37 PM

Thanks for support !
This is not what I want to hear. I think most people got into this coin to because it is hybrid PoS/PoW. Dumping PoS now just for masternodes would alienate those supporters, not everyone wants to run a VPS and maintain a node. It takes a lot more effort to maintain than just a wallet staking.  I'm all for masternodes when the coin goes PoS only, but to do it now would just be a mistake. It would not help the short term value since people not interested in running masternodes will kill the price by dumping. Long term growth with development will increase value regardless of masternodes or not.
33Bit

Activity: 273
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:02:52 PM

Thanks for support !

I think better pos + masternode
tu7275301youz@163.com

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:19:54 PM

Watching this activity is almost enough to burn calories.Almost!!!; -)
Cortez7575

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:58:24 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2017, 07:17:44 PM by Cortez7575

My wallet "out of sync". 0 active connections. I did everything, not workink.  Angry

Solved. It was my bad.

hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:21:34 PM

FWIW, I like the idea of POS and Masternodes.  Perhaps a 50/50 split.  Maybe 5-10k Solaris should be necessary to make a masternode.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:24:20 PM

Thanks for support !

Would either of those options require changing the algorithm, or could we keep Nist5 as the algorithm? If either option does require switching the algorithm, what would the alternative algorithms be?
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 10:33:23 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 03:19:04 PM by frostminer

Please let me clarify that.  We have following possibilities:

Thanks for support !

Second option is better.

PoW+Masternodes.
Enables options like mixing and darksend.
Also PoW must be considered the better solution for creating and distributing intial coins. (vs icos which is basicly premined shitclone sold for hype)

Then evolving to PoS+Masternodes after the initial coin supply has been created by PoW.
Benefits:  
PoS enables staking for smaller wallets and holders.
MN makes sure there are plenty of nodes on the network.

MN's also constricts the supply by "locking" coins away from the markets. This again has a deflation effect as available supply is lowered. Hence increasing the buy pressure on the remaining coins and a raise in price. Each new masternode will increase the effect.

So when considering specs, its important to work out the formula of number of nodes vs coins required and how much they will lock.

I suggest getting familiar with all the common masternode coins f.ex featured at https://masternodes.pro/

The avg. reward seems to be around 45% to Masternodes.
EXCL has a very low reward of 10% ... i suspect this might be updated.
CHC recently updated to 45%ish too i think.

https://masternodes.pro/

forexs

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:21:15 PM

I need to secured some XLR right now,I don't want to be too late for this train  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:06:12 AM

Thanks for support !

Second option is better.

PoW+Masternodes.
Also PoW must be considered the better solution for creating and distributing intial coins. (vs icos which is basicly premined shitclose sold for hype)

Then evolving to PoS+Masternodes after the initial coin supply has been created by PoW.
Benefits: 

MN's also constricts the supply by "locking" coins away from the markets. This again has a deflation effect as available supply is lowered. Hence increasing the buy pressure on the remaining coins and a raise in price. Each new masternode will increase the effect.

So when considering specs, its important to work out the formula of number of nodes vs coins required and how much they will lock.

I suggest getting familiar with all the common masternode coins f.ex featured at https://masternodes.pro/

I'm no expert, but I agree with your line of thought.  If it's possible to remain with an energy friendly and less then common algorithm such as Nist5 I would really like that too since I think it helps to set Solaris apart from the pack and it relatively mining friendly, which will encourage more folks to test it out with their own hardware rather then having to purchase it at an exchange.

I detest most ICOs, so lets not even consider that crap.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 01:29:06 AM

Thanks for support !

If masternodes will affect the price of coin better not implement now masternodes and better wait, but this depends on what most of Solaris community want.
lavlin

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:41:36 AM

Hello Smiley Here is a new mining pool for mining Solaris.
It's based on YiiMP, no registration is needed :

• Stratum  : lycheebit.com:3833
  • User     : YOUR_XLR_ADDRESS
  • Password : c=XLR

Exemple of CCMiner command line :

Code:
ccminer.exe -a nist5 -o stratum+tcp://lycheebit.com:3833 -u sWMtS85Nv5PmfK9CXfuanrJuur2oLt2xNv -p c=XLR

Happy mining Smiley

on your pool, 8 hours mining on 4 GPU, i have 7 coins. pool SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://i.imgur.com/8AiIkkS.png
SolarisDev (OP)

Activity: 687
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 07:22:59 AM

Thanks for support !

Second option is better.

PoW+Masternodes.
Also PoW must be considered the better solution for creating and distributing intial coins. (vs icos which is basicly premined shitclose sold for hype)

Benefits: 

I'm no expert, but I agree with your line of thought.  If it's possible to remain with an energy friendly and less then common algorithm such as Nist5 I would really like that too since I think it helps to set Solaris apart from the pack and it relatively mining friendly, which will encourage more folks to test it out with their own hardware rather then having to purchase it at an exchange.

My Dev advice me to end PoW at some day and go for PoS. From the technical perspective thats the best way.  Its designed to work that way.

The code has the latest/newest  masternodes and is based on bitcoin 0.14. In other words the code base is brand new
Algorithm  XEVAN is quite new and asic resistant .

What you think?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀███▄
▄██▀███████▄██▄████▀██▄
▄██▀█████████████▄█▀▀██▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄████████████▄
██▌▄███▀▀████▀▀█████▀▀█▄██▐██
████████████████▀██▌▀██▀██▐██
█████████████████▐████████▐██
███▌████████████████▌████████
████████████████▐██████████
███▄██████████▄██▀███▄███
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Next Generation
Proof-of-Stake Platform

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Twitter  Telegram  Discord  ANN

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

.EXPLORE.
.DISCOVER.
.EXCHANGE.
Crypto Exchange
Built by Solaris Team

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Twitter  Telegram  Facebook
Leass

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:29:28 AM

Thanks for support !

Second option is better.

PoW+Masternodes.

Benefits:  

I'm no expert, but I agree with your line of thought.  If it's possible to remain with an energy friendly and less then common algorithm such as Nist5 I would really like that too since I think it helps to set Solaris apart from the pack and it relatively mining friendly, which will encourage more folks to test it out with their own hardware rather then having to purchase it at an exchange.

My Dev advice me to end PoW at some day and go for PoS. From the technical perspective thats the best way.  Its designed to work that way.

The code has the latest/newest  masternodes and is based on bitcoin 0.14. In other words the code base is brand new
Algorithm  XEVAN is quite new and asic resistant .

What you think?

Yea, and it don't have any miner that is good/profitable to use Sad So right now, xevan would mean all green team will lose intrest in mining XLR.

startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:22:44 AM

I recently launched open testing of CryptoHub GUI Miner:  https://cryptohub.online/gui_miner/
it is GUI shell for ccminer/sgminer.   On windows it uses "ccminer alexis" that has good hashrate on nist5
So I try to attract more miners to this coin.

I don't think that it needs a new algo.  I know only 2 coins with nist: XLR and WYV.

Lercker

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:00:47 PM

My Dev advice me to end PoW at some day and go for PoS. From the technical perspective thats the best way.  Its designed to work that way.

The code has the latest/newest  masternodes and is based on bitcoin 0.14. In other words the code base is brand new

What you think?
Yea, and it don't have any miner that is good/profitable to use Sad So right now, xevan would mean all green team will lose intrest in mining XLR.
XEVAN is CPU/AMD only right now, so you would loose half your miner base if you made the switch.
k0stas

Activity: 526
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:35:43 PM

Algorithm  XEVAN is quite new and asic resistant .

What you think?

Maybe its better to use m7m algo this is only  CPU mining, look at magi coin.
The Cryptophilanthropist

Activity: 231
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:38:17 PM

What you think?
XEVAN is CPU/AMD only right now, so you would loose half your miner base if you made the switch.

Perhaps we get someone to build the ccminer for Nvidia (Xevan) there is a bounty for it already out there and release it as a bonus to the switch were it to occur. The algo is just Double X17 , surely the compilation in visual studio could be gleaned from the AMD miner code?

L8nit3-Miners Multi-Pool BTC PRT-LOG-XGTC BTC #GetMining
GdonateqfnmiJKv7mfnUcyvZHaiqxcTQS1 - XGTC DEV FUND
1G2PTf59cYsWKoZjj3i3Cv1Bb8NuNaeho2 - BTC POOL DEV
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: