Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:38:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we bring back the masternode feature to Solaris?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 💥SOLARIS PLATFORM [XLR] 💥Swapping to FinaToken  (Read 308797 times)
crypto1sland

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:40:26 PM

Try the Raspberry Pi binaries:

https://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/download/v2.3.2.0/solaris-daemon-2.3.2.0-raspberry32.tar.gz

https://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/download/v2.3.2.0/solaris-daemon-2.3.2.0-raspberry64.tar.gz

There is one for 32 and 64 bit

I would like to setup a MN on a Raspberry Pi, when running ./solarisd i get "cannot execute binary file: Exec format error". Assuming this is due the ARM architecture? is there any help out there? or shall I forget about trying this?

Thanks

Great thanks for the link, just what I was looking for Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jubeis_coffee

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:43:31 PM

Hey dev. Masternode setup does not work. I'm on the latest greatest code because my blockchain updates when I run ./solarisd -daemon, but masternode setup is broken. If people knew that anyone running VSphere could open up a console session and watch you setup your VPS live, you would all use your own servers for masternodes behind your own public IP address (preferably static), especially with the threats of meltdown and spectre, and NO.... don't believe the hype... There are no real fixes other than waiting until new hardware comes out that fixes this problem. But back to the masternode problem. This is the second time I've posted this and apparently there is nothing but noobs on this forum.

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit server edition with boost 1.58
My solarisd -daemon runs fine without masternode setup.
Ports are routed at my enterprise edge and allowed on the servers.
I deposited 1000 solaris into 2 different addresses on my wallet where I'm running ./solarisd -daemon
Then I waited for 120 confirmations (and it's WAY past 120 at this point) before trying to setup a masternode.

I'm using CLI only and was able to retrieve all the information in the PDF instructions via ./solaris-cli commands
for the masternode.conf and solaris.conf file.

I try to start ./solarisd -daemon with the masternode.conf and solaris.conf file altered the way the instructions for the VPS show, using my external address as my external address in the solaris.conf file.

I've tried setting up both masternodes (since I have 2 labels, one for each masternode), and just one of them by commenting out the info for the second masternode and nothing works.

I don't want to use a VPS because I don't trust any server I can't get my hands on myself due to the threats of meltdown and spectre.

I want to use a server at my public IP address on the same node as my solarisd -daemon.

Is what I'm doing possible, or do I need to spin up a separate instance of solarisd -daemon, one for each masternode.

The instructions don't work when trying to substitute my public IP address, or 127.0.0.x for the localhost the solarisd -daemon resides on, or any other combination of the localhost IP(s), i.e. 127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.2, and/or my public IP address, or the actual LAN IP address (in which all are static, with the exception of using 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.2 per the old solaris master blob talking about the start many <alias> process which uses 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.2 in the instructions.)

Any idea why I keep getting this regardless of what I do?

Once I've altered the masternode.conf and solaris.conf file per the directions with the proper IPs (and like I said, I've tried 127.0.0.1 and the LAN IP the host is assigned with for the masternode.conf file), I try to start ./solarisd -daemon at the command line, and this happens. I don't even get a chance to try and type:  ./solaris-cli masternode start-alias <alias-name>. the daemon crashes and spits out the following message.

---begin CLI snippet----

EXCEPTION: N5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_16bad_lexica l_castEEEEE      
bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target      
solaris in AppInit()

----end CLI snippet-----

I'm very well versed in networking and can do some debugging with google at my side, so if you need to use some tech lingo, go for it. I'll know what you are talking about, and if not, I'll google whatever term it is I'm missing.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:52:36 PM

Is normal to not receive masternode payment for more than 24 hours?
Sometimes it will happen that way, but normally you should get at least 2 or 3 per day. Make sure the masternode is up and running (active) for more than 12 hours already. Sometimes 24 hours.

If it goes offline for more than 1 or 2 hours, it will be like starting over. Not exactly sure. I ran one from at home, it disconnected every few days. So I moved it to a VPS. Been fine ever since except during the stuck issue recently. After updating, it's running fine again.

I received a MN payment shortly after having the newest wallet version synch successfully. That was approx 48 hours ago and I have not had a MN payment since then.... also my MN goes "missing" after a couple of hours.... so I start it again in the wallet and it winds up missing again... rinse repeat. It appears to be running on the VPS, so I'm not sure what's going on.
keesdewit
Copper Member

Activity: 1024
Merit: 513

txbit.io - cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:01:53 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 11:12:58 PM by keesdewit

The error you have is because you used the wrong version of boost. Please use boost 1.63 or greater.

Hey dev. Masternode setup does not work. I'm on the latest greatest code because my blockchain updates when I run ./solarisd -daemon, but masternode setup is broken. If people knew that anyone running VSphere could open up a console session and watch you setup your VPS live, you would all use your own servers for masternodes behind your own public IP address (preferably static), especially with the threats of meltdown and spectre, and NO.... don't believe the hype... There are no real fixes other than waiting until new hardware comes out that fixes this problem. But back to the masternode problem. This is the second time I've posted this and apparently there is nothing but noobs on this forum.

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit server edition with boost 1.58
My solarisd -daemon runs fine without masternode setup.
Ports are routed at my enterprise edge and allowed on the servers.
I deposited 1000 solaris into 2 different addresses on my wallet where I'm running ./solarisd -daemon
Then I waited for 120 confirmations (and it's WAY past 120 at this point) before trying to setup a masternode.

I'm using CLI only and was able to retrieve all the information in the PDF instructions via ./solaris-cli commands
for the masternode.conf and solaris.conf file.

I try to start ./solarisd -daemon with the masternode.conf and solaris.conf file altered the way the instructions for the VPS show, using my external address as my external address in the solaris.conf file.

I've tried setting up both masternodes (since I have 2 labels, one for each masternode), and just one of them by commenting out the info for the second masternode and nothing works.

I don't want to use a VPS because I don't trust any server I can't get my hands on myself due to the threats of meltdown and spectre.

I want to use a server at my public IP address on the same node as my solarisd -daemon.

Is what I'm doing possible, or do I need to spin up a separate instance of solarisd -daemon, one for each masternode.

The instructions don't work when trying to substitute my public IP address, or 127.0.0.x for the localhost the solarisd -daemon resides on, or any other combination of the localhost IP(s), i.e. 127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.2, and/or my public IP address, or the actual LAN IP address (in which all are static, with the exception of using 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.2 per the old solaris master blob talking about the start many <alias> process which uses 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.2 in the instructions.)

Any idea why I keep getting this regardless of what I do?

Once I've altered the masternode.conf and solaris.conf file per the directions with the proper IPs (and like I said, I've tried 127.0.0.1 and the LAN IP the host is assigned with for the masternode.conf file), I try to start ./solarisd -daemon at the command line, and this happens. I don't even get a chance to try and type:  ./solaris-cli masternode start-alias <alias-name>. the daemon crashes and spits out the following message.

---begin CLI snippet----

EXCEPTION: N5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_16bad_lexica l_castEEEEE      
bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target      
solaris in AppInit()

----end CLI snippet-----

I'm very well versed in networking and can do some debugging with google at my side, so if you need to use some tech lingo, go for it. I'll know what you are talking about, and if not, I'll google whatever term it is I'm missing.

vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:36:59 PM

I see the price going down to where it is as a positive thing as it gives people the chance that wanted to own a masternode but couldn't because the price was too high. Solaris needs as many masternode running as it can get so this is a good thing for the long term. People are slowly getting their masternodes back online which is great to see, I'm hoping we see 500 masternodes in the next couple of months as this will really help support the network. I think Solaris is in a very good position right now ready for a big year.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
mintminty590

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:53:02 AM

I see the price going down to where it is as a positive thing as it gives people the chance that wanted to own a masternode but couldn't because the price was too high. Solaris needs as many masternode running as it can get so this is a good thing for the long term. People are slowly getting their masternodes back online which is great to see, I'm hoping we see 500 masternodes in the next couple of months as this will really help support the network. I think Solaris is in a very good position right now ready for a big year.

Well sadly with 18 x 1080ti GPU running at 80% I get 6 solaris a day if I am lucky on what pool I use , with the price down to what it is, I am making around 0.018 BTC in 27 hours or there about

I was going to save up to attempt a masternode , but at this level of mining and the recent crash I just can not justify mining.

With the rewards about to drop even further shortly , I dont see why people would point any sort of serious hash at this. Belive you me I really want to, I just can not afford to.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:37:10 AM

Hi, maybe you can help.  I am trying to set up my Solaris MasterNode.

Hi, have you tried just buying a $5 a month VPS and following the guide? It's not that hard.

Did you even read past the first sentence of my posting?  Yes, I am trying to set up one of those $5 month plans.  That is the issue.

Yes, you are implying on using masternode hosting services, specifically the following two:

http://nodeshare.in/coins/solaris/order/
https://node-vps.com/web/

What I asked is if you tried a regular VPS, any VPS other than those two. The ones that give you root access to your own virtual private server. There are plenty of them that cost about $5 a month, some more, some less.

When you follow the guide, you are doing it yourself, you use putty or any SSH client to log into your server, then copy the commands, starting with the "apt update" ... I'm not sure if the guide is updated for the latest version, but it should be very similar.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:00:53 AM

...If people knew that anyone running VSphere could open up a console session and watch you setup your VPS live, you would all use your own servers for masternodes behind your own public IP address (preferably static), especially with the threats of meltdown and spectre,

You don't need to trust the VPS because you don't store anything important on it, it just runs the masternode. Your 1000 XLR collateral is in your own local wallet, or in cold storage.

I think you can only run one masternode per public IP address. I got it to work on mine for awhile and I ran it on Windows 10.

forexs

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:59:38 AM

Sometimes it will happen that way, but normally you should get at least 2 or 3 per day. Make sure the masternode is up and running (active) for more than 12 hours already. Sometimes 24 hours.

If it goes offline for more than 1 or 2 hours, it will be like starting over. Not exactly sure. I ran one from at home, it disconnected every few days. So I moved it to a VPS. Been fine ever since except during the stuck issue recently. After updating, it's running fine again.

I received a MN payment shortly after having the newest wallet version synch successfully. That was approx 48 hours ago and I have not had a MN payment since then.... also my MN goes "missing" after a couple of hours.... so I start it again in the wallet and it winds up missing again... rinse repeat. It appears to be running on the VPS, so I'm not sure what's going on.
I have same problem check with your vps provider.ask them if they update wallet . I have Node -vps they updated wallet but you have to convert you node to Solaris again and config again and it work , my master node is working now .good luck Smiley Smiley Smiley
brooksy

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:27:46 AM

Dear Solaris Developers,

As at Sunday 14 Jan 2018 (4:30pm Sydney Time) I am still having problems with the new  wallet, not showing  my tokens and not synchronising with the system.

I have uploaded the new Solaris-QT.exe file on a new Windows XP computer. Then Run it and then transferred my old SAVED wallet.dat file (replaced the current wallet.dat file) into

C:\Documents and Settings\PHIL\Application Data\Solaris\   FOLDER

It is Still not working. NO tokens and no synchronisation.

PLEASE HELP
Secondly as a another Option to fix  WALLET BACK UPS are in

C:\Documents and Settings\PHIL\Application Data\Solaris\backups

with the backup dates shown as part of the file description.

How DO I restore a wallet from the last correct backed up WALLET (which was 9 Jan 2018), Please.

All help would be gratefully received.

Regards
Phil in Sydney
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:38:34 AM

I have same problem check with your vps provider.ask them if they update wallet . I have Node -vps they updated wallet but you have to convert you node to Solaris again and config again and it work , my master node is working now .good luck Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hmm, I'm using Node-VPS as well.... I'll have to take a look at the options on there site... I thought I may have to do something like that after the wallet update, but then I got a MN payment within 2 hours afterwards so it looked like it was all good.
zeronumber2

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:46:53 AM

I am interested to take part again in the promotion of Solaris, Smiley Smiley i love your project solaris dev.
greenhope

Activity: 446
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:58:15 AM

Dear Solaris Developers,

As at Sunday 14 Jan 2018 (4:30pm Sydney Time) I am still having problems with the new  wallet, not showing  my tokens and not synchronising with the system.

I have uploaded the new Solaris-QT.exe file on a new Windows XP computer. Then Run it and then transferred my old SAVED wallet.dat file (replaced the current wallet.dat file) into

C:\Documents and Settings\PHIL\Application Data\Solaris\   FOLDER

It is Still not working. NO tokens and no synchronisation.

PLEASE HELP
Secondly as a another Option to fix  WALLET BACK UPS are in

C:\Documents and Settings\PHIL\Application Data\Solaris\backups

with the backup dates shown as part of the file description.

How DO I restore a wallet from the last correct backed up WALLET (which was 9 Jan 2018), Please.

All help would be gratefully received.

Regards
Phil in Sydney

It could be your XP is the problem.
I heard  a version of Dash wallet was not running on XP 32-bit.
So even Win XP 64-bit could be incompatible with current versions of wallets.
Vorona34

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:05:23 AM

Hello, everyone! Where is the developers’ office? I travel around the world and I’m interested in the services, but I would like to drop by, if it is possible.

If the developer will report your address, it will not be able with impunity to commit fraud. So don't expect to find the address.
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:07:34 AM

New wallet isn't syncing.  Got nodes?
mangoo

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:08:54 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 09:20:35 AM by mangoo

What are solaris node rewards, vs mining rewards?

In other words - from each mined block - how much is going to the miners, and how much is going to node owners? is it documented anywhere?

Is it going to change in the near future?
b0k0

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:02:45 AM

My wallet synced perfectly with Solaris network  Smiley
Mike_IG

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:57:16 AM

What are solaris node rewards, vs mining rewards?

In other words - from each mined block - how much is going to the miners, and how much is going to node owners? is it documented anywhere?

Is it going to change in the near future?

It's on page 1 of this thread, Almost the first thing written.

[block’s   43201-151200] 20% MN (0.4 XLR)    / 70% MINER (1.4 XLR)  / 10% Available to the budget system (0.20 XLR)
[block’s 151201-259200] 45% MN (0.9 XLR) / 45% MINER (0.9 XLR) / 10% Available to the budget system (0.2 XLR)

So in 10 days or so the MN reward goes upto 0.9 XLR and the Miner down to 0.9 XLR.
SpecialistMiner

Activity: 103

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:03:50 PM

Why lycheebit stop making payment form the pool?
Is a f***ing scaming pool or what?
I want my hard digging money and the last payout the made 20horus ago!
What is goin on?
SolarisDev (OP)

Activity: 687
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 01:21:22 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 01:38:13 PM by SolarisDev

Please note, next Phase of Proof-of-Work will still happen in approximetely 10 days,
 increasing Masternode Rewards by 50%.

Please update your wallets  as soon as possible to v2.3.2.0 :

https://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/tag/v2.3.2.0

Windows64 QT wallethttps://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/download/v2.3.2.0/solaris-qt-2.3.2.0-win64.zip
Windows64 daemonhttps://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/download/v2.3.2.0/solaris-daemon-2.3.2.0-win64.zip
Windows32 QT wallethttps://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/download/v2.3.2.0/solaris-qt-2.3.2.0-win32.zip
Windows32 daemonhttps://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/download/v2.3.2.0/solaris-daemon-2.3.2.0-win32.zip
Linux64 daemonhttps://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/download/v2.3.0.0/solaris-daemon-2.3.0.0-linux64.tar.gz
Raspberry64 daemonhttps://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/download/v2.3.2.0/solaris-daemon-2.3.2.0-win64.zip
Raspberry32 QT wallethttps://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/download/v2.3.2.0/solaris-qt-2.3.2.0-raspberry32.tar.gz
Raspberry32 daemonhttps://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/download/v2.3.2.0/solaris-daemon-2.3.2.0-raspberry32.tar.gz
Linux64 QT wallet https://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/download/v2.3.2.0/solaris-qt-2.3.2.0-linux64.tar.gz
Mac QT wallet https://github.com/Solaris-Project/Solaris/releases/download/v2.3.2.0/solaris-qt-2.3.2.0-mac.zip

Thank you for support Solaris  !

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀███▄
▄██▀███████▄██▄████▀██▄
▄██▀█████████████▄█▀▀██▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄████████████▄
██▌▄███▀▀████▀▀█████▀▀█▄██▐██
████████████████▀██▌▀██▀██▐██
█████████████████▐████████▐██
███▌████████████████▌████████
████████████████▐██████████
███▄██████████▄██▀███▄███
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Next Generation
Proof-of-Stake Platform

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Twitter  Telegram  Discord  ANN

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

.EXPLORE.
.DISCOVER.
.EXCHANGE.
Crypto Exchange
Built by Solaris Team

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Twitter  Telegram  Facebook
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: