Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:45:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC.  (Read 64842 times)
traincarswreck

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:00:49 PM

I don't think seg will activate either. Seems obvious we are locked in a MAD NE. In before Ver does a gentleman bow out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:06:32 PM

Bitcoin core is dominant and powerful, but the eventuality that BU will take over is more than likely.

You have no concept of probability theory do you?

I dare you to repeat your words after 12 months, situation will be different by that time.
I dare you to keep posting in this thread.
I don't know what future will bring, do you?

All I know that SegWit in its current state won't be activated and never will reach needed 95%, that is certain.

I also know that currently there is no other popular solution than BU which is supported by 37% of hash power.

But it doesn't mean that we won't have some groundbreaking strategic breakthrough later, some better version of UASF maybe, something else?

So when we base probability chances of facts that are known to us today I gotta say that BU might win the race.

Disclaimer: I don't support Bitcoin Unlimited at all, I still believe SegWit is a better option.

This is no loger about blocksize....
if you refer to closed source  

https://twitter.com/TuurDemeester/status/844372282357272577

And it STILL has bugs.... I dont care about anything BU says.....
Because they for sure can not deliver on ANYTHING they say.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:13:28 PM

Is it here where we queue to collect Roger's coins in exchange of worthless shitcoins?  Cheesy

Ping me if a pool is organised.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:53:37 PM

lol which tard would trade 1:1 BTC for BTU.
No one, not even Ver

Looks like he is doubling down on it, so yeah I think he may actually do it.  Not mentioned in the video, but in the replies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtDTNA85rm4

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:55:57 PM

roger ver and jihan are pussies, they will never go throught with the deal.

"This sounds like a great deal for both of us.  I look forward to ironing out the exact details and terms.  I'm super busy for the next 48 hours,  but would love to connect after that.
"

Maybe take a break from having an opinion?  Grin

Means nothing until the bet is actually done. He can claim his account was compromised as others pointed.

Did Ver made that comment before he realized BUgcoin got hacked again + patched with closed source unsigned binaries? lol.

BUgcoin is dead at this point. It doesn't matter if miners are insane enough to go throught with the HF. Core will change to another PoW to defend the project from the chinese mafia, market will value the solid code over the BUgcoin disaster. Whales like OP can start spending money on mining to get the hashrate going up quickly in the new PoW. BU can't never win long term. Roger Ver is going to be Roger Ver-y poor soon.
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:02:22 PM

This sounds like a great deal for both of us.  I look forward to ironing out the exact details and terms.  I'm super busy for the next 48 hours,  but would love to connect after that.

If you (and Jihan) forked below 75% consensus hash power, that would be a gamble (with or without this swap), and probably undesirable for Bitcoin.
If you (and Jihan) ensure a genuine 75% consensus hash power (minimum - maybe higher) before activation, you have great odds.
(no risky low activation - no bet)

If this bet help you (and Jihan) focus on working towards such a clear goal, great.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:03:47 PM

Would like to see a user pool established to trade BU for BTC. If a fork happens, I'll have a good chunk of BU coins that I'll definitely trade Roger for BTC.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:05:39 PM

I guess if this bet goes through, there will be some exchange-bribing etc. E.g. bribe exchanges to call BTU BTC or vice versa. It's all about the name, short-term.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:10:49 PM

The "Flag day" method of Segwit activation is now in the Bitcoin Github repo, at draft stage. This would mean that Segwit would activate via users running a client that would mean miners that do not accept Segwit would not have to. The window for that happening would be October 1st 2017 - November 16th 2017.

In that event, it would actually be possible to do a cross chain atomic swap between the BTU chain and the BTC chain. I don't know whether I'd be happy to pool-buy Ver's BTC using a fleshbag escrow, but atomic swap, no problem.

Something tells me Roger will, as people say, come up with every excuse in the book why that's not acceptable. But I will have BTU to sell, no question about that (I made a futures contract offer on this board 2 months ago, predictably, zero BU shills took me up on it).

A fool and his money are soon parted.  That's the way bitcoin (And the world) works.

And if you proceed with your present course of action, you will be parted from yours. There is no value in a system that can be so easily denuded of it's Metcalffe network effect when it splinters into several forks per week.

So, I have a futures contract for you: I will sell you 0.2 ULC: 1 BTC, after any BU chainfork. I will buy in bulk. Generous offer, ends at the end of February.

Note Danny Hamilton's sudden evaporation of confidence after saying "A fool and his money are easily parted"

If we're (current Core supporters) such fools, why did no-one want to take the offer? Or even attempt to negotiate!!!  Grin  I got zero feedback from Danny "the coward" Hamilton, and zero from any of the rest of the BU jackals

Vires in numeris
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:11:45 PM

Looks like he is doubling down on it, so yeah I think he may actually do it.  Not mentioned in the video, but in the replies.

I think you implied that in the video he doubled down, timestamp?

I think in the video it opens with the host saying roger pays for the hosts show, if thats true, I think you should be banned and the host should be banned from this forum.

Roger is advocated idealizing bitcoin as a transferable utility.  Such an endeavor doesn't actually solve a significant problem, and I think every person in this thread is an idiot for not point this out.

traincarswreck

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:13:23 PM

Would like to see a user pool established to trade BU for BTC. If a fork happens, I'll have a good chunk of BU coins that I'll definitely trade Roger for BTC.

I guess if this bet goes through, there will be some exchange-bribing etc. E.g. bribe exchanges to call BTU BTC or vice versa. It's all about the name, short-term.

Try to think one or two more steps ahead.  Carlton Banks is a child and a troll watch how dumb and ignorant they are.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:17:03 PM

I'm on record already saying that I do not care about the Bitcoin name, brand, or the BTC ticker abbreviation.

Any more unsubstantiated ad hominems? All too happy to walk you through your own BS

Vires in numeris
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:19:36 PM

I'm on record already saying that I do not care about the Bitcoin name, brand, or the BTC ticker abbreviation.

Any more unsubstantiated ad hominems? All too happy to walk you through your own BS
Do you understand what a bank is?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:25:07 PM

This address is controlled by Gregory Maxwell or I'm missing something here?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:29:05 PM

Looks like he is doubling down on it, so yeah I think he may actually do it.  Not mentioned in the video, but in the replies.

I think you implied that in the video he doubled down, timestamp?

I think in the video it opens with the host saying roger pays for the hosts show, if thats true, I think you should be banned and the host should be banned from this forum.

Roger is advocated idealizing bitcoin as a transferable utility.  Such an endeavor doesn't actually solve a significant problem, and I think every person in this thread is an idiot for not point this out.

What are you asking? You're English is good, but you may be missing something in translation. For that reason you should probably been less aggressive unless you are sure of your interpretation.

I only posted the video link so people can see the comment he made. I thought it was relevant to show that he has mentioned it elsewhere besides here in this thread. That is what I meant by "doubling down." So he won't be able to claim that his BCT account was compromised.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:30:13 PM

Is it here where we queue to collect Roger's coins in exchange of worthless shitcoins?  Cheesy

I've sent an e-mail to Roger voicing interest in taking part of this trade as a pool. We'll see.

NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 03:35:00 PM

This address is controlled by Gregory Maxwell or I'm missing something here?
Yes, you are missing that this was one of the first CoinJoin TX: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139581.0

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:37:39 PM

I've sent an e-mail to Roger voicing interest in taking part of this trade as a pool. We'll see.

Please let me know if you hear anything.
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:39:46 PM

What are you asking? You're English is good, but you may be missing something in translation. For that reason you should probably been less aggressive unless you are sure of your interpretation.

I only posted the video link so people can see the comment he made. I thought it was relevant to show that he has mentioned it elsewhere besides here in this thread. That is what I meant by "doubling down." So he won't be able to claim that his BCT account was compromised.
I am pointing out there is nothing credible by Ver in this thread, nor is there anything added to the credibility from that video. Ver will perpetually tell this community he is going to do this and he won't. And so you have added fluff.

Ver is selling the idea that raising bitcoin's tps adds value to the network, and EVERYONE here is an idiot for not calling him out on the stupidity of that proposition.  Its a tacit assumption that has no foundation in economic theory.
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:40:17 PM

Please let me know if you hear anything.
It's a far better bet to bet that such a thing will not arise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: