Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:19:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC.  (Read 64842 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 10:21:50 PM

I like Roger Ver.  But I have to admit this image is hilarious.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 11:08:12 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 12:52:54 AM by notthematrix

you idiots just got trolled  Grin

except there is noting to troll here!

Its very simple roger needs to sign ownership to prove he is for real , He said he would do it.
But it looks like he does not belive in BTCU himself.. because otherwise he would have taken the bet...
Iam just waiting,,, Smiley I know that btc-u is a big joke , just look at the software! Smiley
Just want to see if roger believes it him self , and now we know thats clearly NOT the case...
So he should shut up about block size and btc-u.

I just like https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/846819297695600641 comment and video.

The more he waits the more credit he loses to his "believers" Smiley

Also very good video explanation about bitcoin core 0.14 software
https://twitter.com/bitcoincoreorg/status/841993635260469249

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:17:47 AM

Maybe someone should also propose and provide odds if Roger Ver accepts the trade or not. I think Roger will not accept the trade, he knows he can lose a lot of value if he does. But if he accepts then you have to think that he knows something about BTC going down. The Chinese miners killing it perhaps?
None of you understand what is going on.  There is no way for Ver to accept such a bet.  And the exchanges ARE the bookeepers, and they can't legitimately set this bet up without a fork.  And so NO ONE is going to seriously take the position that Ver is going to put his fortune on the line for this.

No such market can exist because there is no place to throw ones money away betting on Ver and no one would throw their money in such a black hole anyways.

It's all bluff.

Keep in mind, I am the best poker player in the world: https://thewealthofchips.wordpress.com/

Then should we be confident that Bitcoin Unlimited will fail in the end? If Roger Ver cannot put where his mouth is then we know that there is an expectation that it will.

Roger Ver should put up or shut up.

Bu has already failed. Too much buggy. They have a President too. Fully Centralized. They will never reach minimum Hashrate to Fork.

Big Blocks is just a cover to earn more money. With Bigger Blocks Big Pools will recieve More fees & small Miners will struggle & they will eventually shift to BTC again..

Where have you been? Bitcoin Unlimited has been reaching 40% the total hash power for the last 2 weeks and its still going up. Segwit has not reached 30% since the day it was released last November. Clearly theres a conspiracy but saying it will not reach the minimum hash power needed is stupid because theres a chance it will.
traincarswreck

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:36:04 AM

No there is no chance.  Its an irrational pursuit to an irrational means.  A bunch of whales are going to commit financial suicide.  BU puts the entire network in the hands of the president and makes him leader for life...who's gonna vote for this?  https://medium.com/@rextar4444/the-dictatorship-of-the-bitcoin-proletariat-a51e7cd87605

Quote from: BU President
I am just going to be autocratic about it. I’m defining myself judge, jury and executioner (with the valuable input of those who have been interacting with me of course!) with the power to appoint the initial members. These initial members will then proceed to invite new members.
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:26:52 AM

Maybe someone should also propose and provide odds if Roger Ver accepts the trade or not. I think Roger will not accept the trade, he knows he can lose a lot of value if he does. But if he accepts then you have to think that he knows something about BTC going down. The Chinese miners killing it perhaps?
None of you understand what is going on.  There is no way for Ver to accept such a bet.  And the exchanges ARE the bookeepers, and they can't legitimately set this bet up without a fork.  And so NO ONE is going to seriously take the position that Ver is going to put his fortune on the line for this.

No such market can exist because there is no place to throw ones money away betting on Ver and no one would throw their money in such a black hole anyways.

It's all bluff.

Keep in mind, I am the best poker player in the world: https://thewealthofchips.wordpress.com/

Then should we be confident that Bitcoin Unlimited will fail in the end? If Roger Ver cannot put where his mouth is then we know that there is an expectation that it will.

Roger Ver should put up or shut up.

Bu has already failed. Too much buggy. They have a President too. Fully Centralized. They will never reach minimum Hashrate to Fork.

Big Blocks is just a cover to earn more money. With Bigger Blocks Big Pools will recieve More fees & small Miners will struggle & they will eventually shift to BTC again..

Where have you been? Bitcoin Unlimited has been reaching 40% the total hash power for the last 2 weeks and its still going up. Segwit has not reached 30% since the day it was released last November. Clearly theres a conspiracy but saying it will not reach the minimum hash power needed is stupid because theres a chance it will.

Not quite look at the last statistics people are getting it miners are leaving BU pools..

pools are centralized because of bigger chance of finding blocks , but ASIC miner owners not so.
so they can just reprogram the miner to other SEGWIT supporting pool.
And yes this treat helped , putting your money were your mouth is is a important indicator....
Roger trys to play a game on the people like in the movie the 5th wave.
so people will self district there ego system.
by tricking them in (bitcoin populism).
but people are waking up now.

Also andreas is very clear on BU intentions https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/84681929769560064

and The core team is starting to see you need to explain your self in video.
like here 14.0 changes and why.
https://twitter.com/bitcoincoreorg/status/841993635260469249

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:19:19 PM

notthematrix: No. Roger Ver doesn't need to sign anything whatsoever. Let me tell you how this works:

Roger either takes the bet, or he doesn't. If he takes the bet there must be some kind of escrow, that will simultaneously prove his ownership of the funds. Who cares if he owns it or not before he accepts the bet? It doesn't matter one bit. He has not accepted anything yet, he has simply expressed interest. Clear terms must be defined before an agreement can be made and this takes time to work out. Have some patience for christ sake.

Most believe Roger will not take the deal, me included. However, the last thing I'm waiting for is for him to sign anything, so please stop repeating yourself, we heard you the first 10 times.

PS: I've received no further communication from Roger at this time.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:28:11 PM

notthematrix: No. Roger Ver doesn't need to sign anything whatsoever. Let me tell you how this works:

Roger either takes the bet, or he doesn't. If he takes the bet there must be some kind of escrow, that will simultaneously prove his ownership of the funds. Who cares if he owns it or not before he accepts the bet? It doesn't matter one bit. He has not accepted anything yet, he has simply expressed interest. Clear terms must be defined before an agreement can be made and this takes time to work out. Have some patience for christ sake.

Most believe Roger will not take the deal, me included. However, the last thing I'm waiting for is for him to sign anything, so please stop repeating yourself, we heard you the first 10 times.

He was posting on reddit today. I assume his internet connection is in a functioning state.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
mastertrader777
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:35:30 PM

I like Roger Ver.  But I have to admit this image is hilarious.  Smiley

He's diggin it I'm sure.
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:54:19 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 06:14:45 PM by notthematrix

He was posting on reddit today. I assume his internet connection is in a functioning state.

It looks that things are moving.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1846568.0

Because this is why core is the best option for bitcoin.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:53:15 PM

BU puts the entire network in the hands of the president and makes him leader for life...

Fucking. Bull. Shit.

Sure there, is a President of the Bitcoin Unlimited Federation. Much like there is a CEO of Blockstream. Or, more closely, a BIP-Master (whatever the title is) of core. No power over Bitcoin at large is expressed nor implied. Neither is the term for life.

WTF - now you are stooping to lying!?

Article 2: Confederation

All Bitcoin Unlimited (henceforth BU) activities shall be recorded and be publicly accessible.

BU roles shall consist of:
President: a publicly identified (real-life identity is known) BU Member who is responsible for the ongoing activities of the confederation. The president shall resolve BUIP number conflicts, organize BUIP discussion (in the forum designated by the secretary), and schedule/initiate voting (within the limits specified in these articles).

The president's powers consist of administering BUIPs. ooooh - scary!

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:11:10 PM

BU puts the entire network in the hands of the president and makes him leader for life...

Fucking. Bull. Shit.

Sure there, is a President of the Bitcoin Unlimited Federation. Much like there is a CEO of Blockstream. Or, more closely, a BIP-Master (whatever the title is) of core. No power over Bitcoin at large is expressed nor implied. Neither is the term for life.

All Bitcoin Unlimited (henceforth BU) activities shall be recorded and be publicly accessible.

President: a publicly identified (real-life identity is known) BU Member who is responsible for the ongoing activities of the confederation. The president shall resolve BUIP number conflicts, organize BUIP discussion (in the forum designated by the secretary), and schedule/initiate voting (within the limits specified in these articles).

The president picked all the initial members and its not a lie, look at the setup of how the articles of federation work.  It absolutely gives the president sole power over the entire bitcoin network. https://medium.com/@rextar4444/the-dictatorship-of-the-bitcoin-proletariat-a51e7cd87605
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:03:15 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 11:17:44 PM by notthematrix

Fucking. Bull. Shit.

The president picked all the initial members and its not a lie, look at the setup of how the articles of federation work.  It absolutely gives the president sole power over the entire bitcoin network. https://medium.com/@rextar4444/the-dictatorship-of-the-bitcoin-proletariat-a51e7cd87605

The code is closed source and a joke.
Thats most important.
It simply will not survive  in the wild.

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/845769928959541248
and this one.

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/844973272764702720
why a btc-u will fail its centralized and not different the a government system.

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/845637648198750208

The new standard is trustware.

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/845734573539577856

Why lightning + sigwit

https://themerkle.com/bitcoin-unlimiteds-closed-source-development-puts-community-on-edge/

Basicly its all about reading the code , if you cant read the code AKA closed source it can not be trusted

Trustware is a extremely protective / conservative way of coding like working on a high voltage line.
while power is on.
You are very aware every mistake is deadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPnO9ExJ50A
how does lightning network work

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:17:02 AM

Ummm, why does that picture say there have been 0 zero-day exploits and 0 chain forks. Both of these statements are an outright lie.
anonymoustroll420

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:20:39 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 12:36:49 AM by anonymoustroll420

Ummm, why does that picture say there have been 0 zero-day exploits and 0 chain forks. Both of these statements are an outright lie.

Were there serious 0 day exploits? 0 day exploits refer to tools that exploit vulnerabilities that are not known by the developer. Exploits that were written after the devs found the vulnerability and patched it are called 1 day exploits. The difference is important as users are mostly powerless to defend against 0 day exploits, however 1 day exploits can be defended by quickly patching. 0 days are actually quite rare and are usually very valuable, even though the term is often used as some sort of fear mongering. I don't recall there being any serious 0 day exploits in Bitcoin Core, maybe in the early days.

Please don't stop us from using ASICBoost which we're not using
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:48:02 AM

Were there serious 0 day exploits? 0 day exploits refer to tools that exploit vulnerabilities that are not known by the developer. Exploits that were written after the devs found the vulnerability and patched it are called 1 day exploits. The difference is important as users are mostly powerless to defend against 0 day exploits, however 1 day exploits can be defended by quickly patching. 0 days are actually quite rare and are usually very valuable, even though the term is often used as some sort of fear mongering. I don't recall there being any serious 0 day exploits in Bitcoin Core, maybe in the early days.
There was the bug that would cause nodes to think that an unlimited number of bitcoin was created as part of a transaction in Bitcoin's very early days, luckily the person who figured out how to do this went crazy and made it appear as if billions of bitcoin were created, making it very obvious there was a problem.

anonymoustroll420

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:08:12 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 01:31:44 AM by anonymoustroll420

There was the bug that would cause nodes to think that an unlimited number of bitcoin was created as part of a transaction in Bitcoin's very early days, luckily the person who figured out how to do this went crazy and made it appear as if billions of bitcoin were created, making it very obvious there was a problem.

Ah yeah I thought thats what you were referring to.

Just to note that the bug could only create 92233720368.54277039 BTC per block, no more or less, as thats the max value for a UINT_64 integer.

It's also difficult to know whether it was purposely exploited, as the bug could trigger under normal circumstances.

Well I would argue that around this time period, the Bitcoin client contained a popup warning saying that Bitcoin is not ready to be used for financial transactions. It was essentially a "testnet" during the early period. Satoshi actually refused to remove this warning for a long time, he wanted Bitcoin to grow slow in the early days so that it would be "battle hardened" and capable of handling high capacity. Perhaps a scalability solution would've been put in place way before it was needed if people had listened. We're at least a year behind on a solution. This is all WikiLeaks' fault for promoting Bitcoin too soon  Grin

Please don't stop us from using ASICBoost which we're not using
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:19:05 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 01:41:20 AM by notthematrix

that was more then 5 years ago!
last Unlimited bug was 2 WEEKS ago!
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-15/divisive-bitcoin-unlimited-solution-crashes-after-bug-exploit
Thats exactly what I say with this picture....
BU can cry like a little kid it was hacked , but in bitcoin you have one live.
Getting hacked is not an option!
that's why I posted the pic.

Btc unlimited is a closed source buggy joke , that will crash the first time it runs on its own.

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/846819297695600641

The fact that  Roger ver did not sign his bet challenge yet shows that he does not believe in unlimited him self!
So only fools will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EEluhC9SxE

So what exactly was the lie here?
Bitcoin core exists since bitcoin 11.00 https://bitcoincore.org/en/releases/

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Value_overflow_incident

The Value overflow incident was in 2010!

References

Block 74638. Value overflow incident bad chain. 2010-08-15. Hash 0000000000790ab3f22ec756ad43b6ab569abf0bddeb97c67a6f7b1470a7ec1c. [ Block]
Transaction 4a5e1e4baab89f3a32518a88c31bc87f618f76673e2cc77ab2127b7afdeda33b.
BitcoinTalk thread 822. Strange block 74638 2010-08-15.
http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2010-5139
"Fix for block 74638"
Satoshi Nakamoto
Block 74691. Main chain. 2010-08-16. Hash 00000000005c22d199706df1c38b38d76f8401920dcbe91edf3417f8847da707. Block explorer
Transaction 237fe8348fc77ace11049931058abb034c99698c7fe99b1cc022b1365a705d39.

The overflow bug was in the times Roger Ver was commiting with the source code!
https://github.com/trottier/original-bitcoin/tree/master/src

This was way before bitcoin core  was formed! Smiley

so whet they say it is RIGHT they had 0 bugs , 0 downtime , and 0 exploited zero days!!

That's why I say search and you will find who is lieing!! Smiley

BU is one big joke ,  if you look a bit deeper you see true the facade.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:27:58 AM

Fucking. Bull. Shit.

The president picked all the initial members and its not a lie, look at the setup of how the articles of federation work.  It absolutely gives the president sole power over the entire bitcoin network. https://medium.com/@rextar4444/the-dictatorship-of-the-bitcoin-proletariat-a51e7cd87605

The president did not pick all the initial members. Just one more in a string of lies. The organization was collaboratively planned in an open fashion that was available to anyone who wanted to participate. Further, your article is tripe that misrepresents the reality of the situation. Fortunately, you at least provide the text interspersed with your blathering, so your misrepresentations are exposed for all to see.

The code is closed source

...and another bald faced lie. What is it with you core-sycophants that leads you to lie in order to cast aspersions onto other implementations? Are you that insecure in your wish of technical superiority?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
traincarswreck

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:34:01 AM

...and another bald faced lie. What is it with you core-sycophants that leads you to lie in order to cast aspersions onto other implementations? Are you that insecure in your wish of technical superiority?
I didn't lie, and I backed up and sourced my claim.  The BU articles of federation gives the president sole power over the entire network/project.

Have you read them?
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:51:59 AM

that was more then 5 years ago!
last Unlimited bug was 2 WEEKS ago!
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-15/divisive-bitcoin-unlimited-solution-crashes-after-bug-exploit
Thats exactly what I say with this picture....
BU can cry like a little kid it was hacked , but in bitcoin you have one live.
Getting hacked is not an option!
that's why I posted the pic.

Btc unlimited is a closed source buggy joke , that will crash the first time it runs on its own.

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/846819297695600641

The fact that  Roger ver did not sign his bet challenge yet shows that he does not believe in unlimited him self!
So only fools will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EEluhC9SxE

So what exactly was the lie here?
Bitcoin core exists since bitcoin 11.00 https://bitcoincore.org/en/releases/

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Value_overflow_incident

The Value overflow incident was in 2010!

References

Block 74638. Value overflow incident bad chain. 2010-08-15. Hash 0000000000790ab3f22ec756ad43b6ab569abf0bddeb97c67a6f7b1470a7ec1c. [ Block]
Transaction 4a5e1e4baab89f3a32518a88c31bc87f618f76673e2cc77ab2127b7afdeda33b.
BitcoinTalk thread 822. Strange block 74638 2010-08-15.
http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2010-5139
"Fix for block 74638"
Satoshi Nakamoto
Block 74691. Main chain. 2010-08-16. Hash 00000000005c22d199706df1c38b38d76f8401920dcbe91edf3417f8847da707. Block explorer
Transaction 237fe8348fc77ace11049931058abb034c99698c7fe99b1cc022b1365a705d39.

The overflow bug was in the times Roger Ver was commiting with the source code!
https://github.com/trottier/original-bitcoin/tree/master/src

This was way before bitcoin core  was formed! Smiley

so whet they say it is RIGHT they had 0 bugs , 0 downtime , and 0 exploited zero days!!

That's why I say search and you will find who is lieing!! Smiley

BU is one big joke ,  if you look a bit deeper you see true the facade.

Closed source https://themerkle.com/bitcoin-unlimiteds-closed-source-development-puts-community-on-edge/ and buggy code come on who are you fooling!
The client crashed 2 weeks ago! if core was not running whole bitcoin would have crashed! Smiley
BTC is a 20.000.000.000 marked you cant have bugs like that to be taken serous.
ONLY CORE is bug free since 0.11! you have had 3 bugs since 1-1-2017 so please! get real here!
BTC UNLIMITED IS A JOKE! face it!

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: