Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:56:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Viacoin (VIA) - Safe | Segwit | Lightning Network | Auxpow | Fast  (Read 381948 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kingorbust

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:15:13 AM

So VIA has not reached v1.0 yet but its total supply is 95%+ already mined to the date of this post. Without putting too much thought into it, I smell unhealthy economics moving forward.

Are you planning to keep it strictly deflationary? Aren't the mining rewards too small to incentivize the miners secure the network?

interesting question. So if most of the coins are already mined..and you can only enrich your coins buy  either buying them or mining then what will keep the interest? Not much left to mine...and it is not pos... I dont know how this works, just wondering...

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
bubblepop

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:36:25 PM

When the roadmaps done this will be a nice functioning coin but I just wish it had its own unique function. Brainstorming but cant come up with any ideas.
Even if it was used to power some software, using a conditional freeware system like Quatloo coin.
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:57:34 PM

So VIA has not reached v1.0 yet but its total supply is 95%+ already mined to the date of this post. Without putting too much thought into it, I smell unhealthy economics moving forward.

Are you planning to keep it strictly deflationary? Aren't the mining rewards too small to incentivize the miners secure the network?

interesting question. So if most of the coins are already mined..and you can only enrich your coins buy  either buying them or mining then what will keep the interest? Not much left to mine...and it is not pos... I dont know how this works, just wondering...

I think due to the merged mining with Litecoin we don't have to worry about a lack of mining power.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
randomdude

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:02:09 PM

There are quite a few coins out there with full premine (by design): XEM, MAID, SGNLS to name a few. But they either have a proof-of-stake system in place, or an entirely different way to deal with the block security issue.

I'd definitely want to hear an official comment on this matter before taking this coin seriously.

I think due to the merged mining with Litecoin we don't have to worry about a lack of mining power.
I'm not sure how merged mining works. Do the miners have to split their hashpower between Litecoin and VIA, or they can mine with 100% power Litecoin, and securing VIA is a "side-effect" of that work? Intuitively I'd say they will need to split the hashpower between coins, so the same problem of mining incentives still stands (assuming Litecoin has the bigger profit per megahash).
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:18:59 PM

There are quite a few coins out there with full premine (by design): XEM, MAID, SGNLS to name a few. But they either have a proof-of-stake system in place, or an entirely different way to deal with the block security issue.

I'd definitely want to hear an official comment on this matter before taking this coin seriously.

I'm not sure how merged mining works. Do the miners have to split their hashpower between Litecoin and VIA, or they can mine with 100% power Litecoin, and securing VIA is a "side-effect" of that work? Intuitively I'd say they will need to split the hashpower between coins, so the same problem of mining incentives still stands (assuming Litecoin has the bigger profit per megahash).

Merged mining means that Litecoin miners can mine VIA at the same time without (as far as I know) having less mining power for Litecoin. This makes it very interesting to secure our blockchain as it increases their profits. YOu can find more here: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/273/how-does-merged-mining-work

thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:18:34 PM

I'd also like to know why most of the coins are mined and who has them?

Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:34:01 PM

Buddy the serious stuff is on there telegram, there never nobody here to answer real questions...

but it´s good to ask and answer some questions here. The first thing someone is searching for if interested in a coin is BTT. So it´s good to have information here
MrTowelie

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:20:33 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2017, 12:25:05 AM by MrTowelie

I'm trying to download the blockchain on wallet v0.10.11.0-145e71b on my new PC, debug shows i've received 44GB of data but im still 2 years and 41 weeks behind on the sync. I'm probably going to bust my internet limit soon. Any way to get a torrent of the current chain? Thanks!
calzone

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:32:20 AM

check the explorer, all this ppl have them https://chainz.cryptoid.info/via/#!rich
imunisasi

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:16:18 AM

check the explorer, all this ppl have them https://chainz.cryptoid.info/via/#!rich
let me make it clickable : http://tinyurl.com/kcxo9p5
cryptocratic

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:41:30 PM

What's the progress of segwit activation ?
Roselop

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:49:58 PM

I'm still waiting for segwit or lightning happens but it seems we have not seen any actions relative to segwit or lightning from Dev.
I hope this action should be done soon and this project will rocket into the sky.
romanornr (OP)

Activity: 690
Merit: 907

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:16:25 PM

I'm still waiting for segwit or lightning happens but it seems we have not seen any actions relative to segwit or lightning from Dev.
I hope this action should be done soon and this project will rocket into the sky.

Waiting on Wang Chung F2pool to upgrade his Viacoin nodes to 0.13.2 to signal.

Code is ready. So right now I'm waiting with you guys  Wink
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:37:50 PM

Waiting on Wang Chung F2pool to upgrade his Viacoin nodes to 0.13.2 to signal.

Code is ready. So right now I'm waiting with you guys  Wink

Good stuff! From the moment he signals, how quickly would it be fully activated?

Vincentius88

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:48:41 PM

Looks like you have an interesting project going on here. Have had a good read. Best of luck with further development.
romanornr (OP)

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:58:28 PM

While we wait on F2pool to signal Segwit..

A new project is Viacoin.NBitcoin for NTumblebit Anon transactions in C# (Like Stratis)

Repository can be found here: https://github.com/viacoin/NBitcoin.Viacoin
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 06:16:04 PM

Viacoin getting added to FUpool was a very, very bad move. Diff went through the roof making it unminable for avereyone exept them & now you have to wait for them to give you the go-ahead to move forward.

Goodbye decentralisation.....

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
romanornr (OP)

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:55:23 PM

Viacoin getting added to FUpool was a very, very bad move. Diff went through the roof making it unminable for avereyone exept them & now you have to wait for them to give you the go-ahead to move forward.

Why do you talk like I made the decision & had the power to add Viacoin to F2pool ?
Viacoin has been on F2pool since 2015 and I wasn't the dev at the time.

It's never the choice of the dev.
A mining pool has the choice to add a coin. I can't help that they added Viacoin to their pool and also think Viacoin is a good coin.

We can fire the miners if they do where we as the users don't agree with.
Like using UASF BIP8 to activate Segwit.
calzone

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:57:31 PM

Why do you talk like I made the decision & had the power to add Viacoin to F2pool ?
Viacoin has been on F2pool since 2015 and I wasn't the dev at the time.

It's never the choice of the dev.
A mining pool has the choice to add a coin. I can't help that they added Viacoin to their pool and also think Viacoin is a good coin.

We can fire the miners if they do where we as the users don't agree with.
Like using UASF BIP8 to activate Segwit.
It looks like there are 2 big miners merged mining Viacoin, F2Pool 39% (Vrh9ro5WhykxrPPBe2cgyNiB2sAVqzkWjX) and Antpool 52% (VaLDKDjjp9yBoEuW9QwkSi1qPRQG93vzbi), correct me if i wrong?
calzone

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:29:03 AM

It doesn't looks like Antpool is mining Viacoin btw, so maybe f2pool have several address mining Viacoin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: