Bitcoin Forum
May 16, 2024, 11:30:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Viacoin (VIA) - Safe | Segwit | Lightning Network | Auxpow | Fast  (Read 381942 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jhysum

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:16:25 AM

Everyone join VIA telegram group here it's fun

https://t.me/viacoin

Would really love to join but for some reason the link keeps telling me that I can't find user. If someone can add my username into the group that'll be awesome. My username is @jhysum Cheesy
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:49:09 AM

Is https://clearwallet.co/ still being maintained? I have some coins still there that I would like to move.

Me too, now that VIA is starting to rise in price I suspect more people will want to activate their clerwallet.io accounts

Is there a way to get coins out of a clearwallet.co wallet? I've got coins stuck also ...

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Asimmo

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:33:09 AM

What`s the next big thing for viacoin?
Concretely, what we are waiting for?

- Segwit signalling (really close).
- Styx activation (no idea how far Romano is on that).
Do we know approximately when segwit is expected?
This summer?
jfao09

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:40:41 AM

when we can see the segwit network?
I think it's a good news to raise the price!
romanornr (OP)

Activity: 690
Merit: 907

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:53:21 PM

Just released the VialectrumX installer.

Making it possible for users to run their own VialectrumX server.
https://github.com/vialectrum/vialectrumx-installer
jhysum

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:37:44 AM

Everyone join VIA telegram group here it's fun

https://t.me/viacoin

Would really love to join but for some reason the link keeps telling me that I can't find user. If someone can add my username into the group that'll be awesome. My username is @jhysum Cheesy

Added you to the group. If anyone else is having trouble joining post here or feel free to PM me!

Awesome! Finally I'm in haha. Still don't get why I couldn't add the group manually. Thanks a bunch, I'll hopefully be able to participate and learn more about viacoin now.
Danimore

Activity: 294
Merit: 123

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 11:55:58 AM

Just released the VialectrumX installer.

Making it possible for users to run their own VialectrumX server.
https://github.com/vialectrum/vialectrumx-installer

It's nice to see this update for server. I will try to use this wallet for my xeon sever to install on it.
I will consider how good it's working on the server. Thanks, Dev.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
bv68bot

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:28:09 AM

Is https://clearwallet.co/ still being maintained? I have some coins still there that I would like to move.

Me too, now that VIA is starting to rise in price I suspect more people will want to activate their clerwallet.io accounts

Is there a way to get coins out of a clearwallet.co wallet? I've got coins stuck also ...

Looks like we might be out of luck with accessing clearwallet VIA, at least until enough people want it
KLONE

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:47:32 AM

Looks like we might be out of luck with accessing clearwallet VIA, at least until enough people want it

Just a suggestion, have you tried entering your clearwallet seed in vialectrum wallet, can't hurt to try ...
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:30:32 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 06:14:08 AM by Otoh

$1.97MM in volume the last 24 hours, ppl &/or deep pockets are starting to notice how under-valued this coin is compared to it's peers.

edit, 6 hours or so later: now $2.28MM

How much do you think is a reasonable value? Might jump in, looks very promising!!

I'd rather not say to be honest, but way more than it's sitting at presently, it's my 3rd highest crypto holding after BTC & DASH presently, for those interested as I get asked this quite a lot, my hodling then followed by Strat, GAME, CRW, DCR, GNT and a few ICO coins as well, plus another due to be added to BFX soon (easy to guess, but I'll edit to add after completing a large P2P buy tomorrow all being well)...

I've seen your name mentioned a few times and nearly messaged before just out of curiosity. Did you earn your btc through trading or we're you a really early miner / buyer of bitcoin? I know that you we're with dash very early on and probably made a decent chunk there

I started in the summer of 2011, buying and trading, my cheapest buys was when the price fell Nov/Dec 2011 to under $2/BTC (on UK exchange), I took an early liking to LTC and was the largest holder with 620,000 LTC when it went to $48 at the end of November 2013 (base price 10 cents), about a year ago and earlier I was the largest holder of DASH (darkcoin), now I'm quite diversified, I got 200,000 ETH at the ICO for 100 BTC but sold them far too early, but was playing safe and had just found my dream house.

Edit to add, I'm the largest holder of Viacoin and have been since way back summer of 2014
Holy smokes man, That's amazing.

I know this is kinda personal... But I'm sure you must have passed the $100m crypto net worth mark?

And is there any coin you've lost a lot on?

lol, probably I should have, ie if I'd have sat in a cave for the whole of last year or only partied, I just found an old phone in the States that I hadn't used for about that long, it has my previous holdings showing on the Blockfolio app with their current valuation:

in fact I must have had many more DASH as I found this record of my holding also approx one year ago on my US desktop, it seems that I certainly helped to spread the ownership of the coin while enabled many others to become wealthy, including friends, this I believe helped DASH much more than if I'd have not let them flow so freely and had tried to hang on to everything

but I sold & even gave away the majority of these, diversifying in to other coins, also finishing the process of manifestation by converting these virtual assets into concrete material gains like properties, art, PMs, bling, fiat, start-up investing, travel etc - this now gives me the security to take much higher risks with what's remaining, which is fortunate as most everything is temporarily down 15 - 30% as of yesterday, ie:

Within the Bitcoin & Ethereum holdings are a fair number that I've spent on recent coin ICOs which aren't yet listed on the Exchanges as yet.

I'm aware that being so open about my holdings and history is likely to get me rather typecast, but I've decided that digital currencies would benefit more from the publicity of an example that this sort of completely legal life changing story is possible with them and to help get across what can be achieved in these early days before mass adoption.

I'm sure that I have lost money on some coins, I don't dwell on that and can't think of any off the top of my head.

The hardest part of all this I've found is still the link between digital currency Exchanges and the legacy banking system, three banks have arbitrarily closed down my accounts in the last year, one that I'd been banking with for over forty years, though I never did any virtual currency stuff through some of them so I don't know for sure why that was, but I finally found a way to safely move funds to fiat that was also acceptable to the system in place currently, at least so far, touch wood.

edit to add: shout out to Niel at Mysteries, Covent Garden, London, UK

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Dcrstats

Activity: 714
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:16:22 AM

I'm aware that being so open about my holdings and history is likely to get me rather typecast, but I've decided that digital currencies would benefit more from the publicity of an example that this sort of completely legal life changing story is possible with them and to help get across what can be achieved in these early days before mass adoption.

Thanks for sharing your story, very interesting. This motivates a lot!

Surprised to see that you don't hold LTC which also has lightning network and Bitstamp will add it with LN support on Monday.

VIA <-> LN <-> LTC

I think that lightning channels between major exchanges is a big move forward.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:36:43 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 06:57:49 AM by Otoh

Surprised to see that you don't hold LTC which also has lightning network and Bitstamp will add it with LN support on Monday.

VIA <-> LN <-> LTC

Great, that was my hope. Re LTC, yes I agree, I have enormous respect and admiration for Charlie Lee, it was him who got me on to DCR when we met up earlier this year, the screen shot of Blockfolio only shows the eight top coins from those that I hold or monitor there, happy also to see them all looking perkier and in the green again today, a much more cheerful picture Smiley

edit, cool, I can add my IOTA holdings now as well...

muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:32:18 PM

VIA <-> LN <-> LTC

Great, that was my hope. Re LTC, yes I agree, I have enormous respect and admiration for Charlie Lee, it was him who got me on to DCR when we met up earlier this year, the screen shot of Blockfolio only shows the eight top coins from those that I hold or monitor there, happy also to see them all looking perkier and in the green again today, a much more cheerful picture Smiley

Much respect for sharing. Heard about the legendary Otoh before, but people never tend to back up their claims. Something to aspire to indeed. And great to have your support on VIA as well. Well done sir!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
liliys de

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:06:43 PM

VIA <-> LN <-> LTC

I think there is the potential to rise
Aristo

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:57:50 PM

The hardest part of all this I've found is still the link between digital currency Exchanges and the legacy banking system, three banks have arbitrarily closed down my accounts in the last year, one that I'd been banking with for over forty years, though I never did any virtual currency stuff through some of them so I don't know for sure why that was, but I finally found a way to safely move funds to fiat that was also acceptable to the system in place currently, at least so far, touch wood.

Good job on your holdings!  I only have peanuts, but, I'm still concerned about moving funds to fiat.  Can you elaborate on moving funds to fiat?  I'm considering Coinbase to Bank Account.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:37:15 PM

Good job on your holdings!  I only have peanuts, but, I'm still concerned about moving funds to fiat.  Can you elaborate on moving funds to fiat?  I'm considering Coinbase to Bank Account.

That should be perfectly fine for those sort of amounts, even up to mid size np.

IOTA added Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/gJ9aPja.jpg

Aristo

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:20:43 PM

Good job on your holdings!  I only have peanuts, but, I'm still concerned about moving funds to fiat.  Can you elaborate on moving funds to fiat?  I'm considering Coinbase to Bank Account.

That should be perfectly fine for those sort of amounts, even up to mid size np.

IOTA added Smiley

Thank you.  That puts my mind at ease.   Smiley
romanornr (OP)

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:57:49 PM

Anyone else scrolling down hoping Otoh has the same bags as you ?  Tfw no Zcoin, UBQ and QRL  Cheesy
Well he holds a lot of $VIA (No pressure  Cheesy)

Anyways the last bug fix for Viacoin should have been fixed. I messaged Wang Chung (F2Pool) on Monday, tuesday and today.
He still didn't reply to me. Got some help from Wheelz to setup a merged mining pool ourself (for now no bug.)

If F2pool doesn't reply back I hope to get help from another pool to test with to be extra sure.
Last resort will be UASF if F2pool doesn't reply back. I can imagine he is busy lately with Bitcoin UASF.
romanornr (OP)

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:00:31 PM

IOTA added Smiley

Thanks for the public support Otoh. It's a real honor.
I'm waiting on F2pool now (I think the last bug is fixed). I can imagine Wang Chung is busy atm with Bitcoin Segwit.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:10:09 PM

IOTA added Smiley

That´s just amazing! thanks for sharing. Very motivating. Do you think CRW is worth a buy ? you are probably holding since 2014 right?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: