Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:35:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... 584 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SONM • Decentralized Fog Computing  (Read 444697 times)
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:27:11 AM

Do you guys sell if it's going 300% to buy again at the old price? These hype pumps are usually temporary
No, because it triggers tax and I want to be able to actually use the profits that I make from crypto some day. Tax rates are usually significantly lower after a one year holding period and if you hold you don't have to pay taxes until you sell. This includes trading alts for Bitcoin or vice versa.

Would it only trigger tax if you withdrew the money in to your bank or even if you were to let the funds (fiat or otherwise) sit on the exchange?
It triggers tax immediately when you trade, no matter if you keep your BTC, alt or cash in an exchange. Of course, nobody will be able to tell that you've sold alts for Bitcoin or the other way around if you're on an exchange without KYC. But if you end up having to prove your trades for tax filings later on, you'll have a gaping hole in your data that will trigger massive fines at best and legal prosecution for tax evasion at worst.

Most people ignore this, so the very few who are smart enough to make large profits will find a lot of people who will find themselves out of luck due to their lack of foresight when it comes to taxation.

Crypto profits are useless if you can't use them to buy Lambos or houses without going to jail. Wink

it's not like that everywhere. I live in Belgium and we don't have capital gains tax or speculation tax anymore; as long as I don't cash out too much OR if I don't reinvest my earnings I won't get into too much trouble.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:44:48 AM

Do you guys sell if it's going 300% to buy again at the old price? These hype pumps are usually temporary
No, because it triggers tax and I want to be able to actually use the profits that I make from crypto some day. Tax rates are usually significantly lower after a one year holding period and if you hold you don't have to pay taxes until you sell. This includes trading alts for Bitcoin or vice versa.

Would it only trigger tax if you withdrew the money in to your bank or even if you were to let the funds (fiat or otherwise) sit on the exchange?
It triggers tax immediately when you trade, no matter if you keep your BTC, alt or cash in an exchange. Of course, nobody will be able to tell that you've sold alts for Bitcoin or the other way around if you're on an exchange without KYC. But if you end up having to prove your trades for tax filings later on, you'll have a gaping hole in your data that will trigger massive fines at best and legal prosecution for tax evasion at worst.

Most people ignore this, so the very few who are smart enough to make large profits will find a lot of people who will find themselves out of luck due to their lack of foresight when it comes to taxation.

Crypto profits are useless if you can't use them to buy Lambos or houses without going to jail. Wink

it's not like that everywhere. I live in Belgium and we don't have capital gains tax or speculation tax anymore; as long as I don't cash out too much OR if I don't reinvest my earnings I won't get into too much trouble.
Very interesting. What does "too much" mean though? And can you never re-invest your earnings or how does this work?

I know some countries have very low or no tax on assets that were held for about a year or longer and usually any trade triggers tax and/or resets the holding period. But so far I've never heard of limits on cashing out profits.
mitchel_am

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:36:12 PM

I'm of the understanding SONM team will buy back the SNM token beginning in August of 2018. Is that correct?
MiBambino

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:12:17 PM

Very interesting. What does "too much" mean though? And can you never re-invest your earnings or how does this work?

I know some countries have very low or no tax on assets that were held for about a year or longer and usually any trade triggers tax and/or resets the holding period. But so far I've never heard of limits on cashing out profits.

The bank doesn't really check up on transactions over a certain amount, I believe its 2500 euros a month, which is about 3000 dollars. I'd like to reinvest in property, but I'm considering foreign investment projects ebcause the belgian government seems to be actively pushing away investors by raising property taxes

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
BtcMan2009

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:17:55 PM

Thanks for the info. I was very interested, I know this is useful. And how much is a lot according to your measurements?

I'm of the understanding SONM team will buy back the SNM token beginning in August of 2018. Is that correct?
If this is so, organizers do it, then it will be great. I will soon begin to buy coins.
pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:24:44 PM

I heard too, hopefully this news is true  Smiley
matthewtherry

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:43:59 PM

what will be the incentive of companies to trust the source of computing power over already existing companies who comply with laws? Is there more than a financial incentive alone?
hrbt
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:50:20 PM

quake3 + SONM = winwin
MiBambino

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:02:09 PM

what will be the incentive of companies to trust the source of computing power over already existing companies who comply with laws? Is there more than a financial incentive alone?

It will be a lot cheaper and faster to work with Sonms fog computing, just like it'll be a lot cheaper to work with blockchain in general instead of email/banks/...

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:06:50 PM

The bank doesn't really check up on transactions over a certain amount, I believe its 2500 euros a month, which is about 3000 dollars. I'd like to reinvest in property, but I'm considering foreign investment projects ebcause the belgian government seems to be actively pushing away investors by raising property taxes
I recommend stocks over real estate unless you already have a multi-million net worth. Real estate gains are low, risky, and paired with a lot of work, so they're only worth it if you can access very expensive properties and outsource all the work to an agency, which lowers profits but saves you a lot of time.

Either way, what happens to "big" investors? $3000 a month is almost nothing when it comes to compounding assets, and I don't see why they would cause any trouble if there is no capital gains tax anyways. Wouldn't you be fine as long as you can provide details about your trades regardless of how much you choose to cash out?
amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:45:15 PM

so they treated the divident "problem" in the same way as Iconomi ? hmm I quit them for this I would prefer dividents than a good exchange because it's a much better long term solution... we will see better in 1 year
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:47:05 PM

so they treated the divident "problem" in the same way as Iconomi ? hmm I quit them for this I would prefer dividents than a good exchange because it's a much better long term solution... we will see better in 1 year
How are dividends better? I never really got why people are into them. It's just a roundabout way of cashing out profits, or are there any benefits that I'm unaware of?
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:52:14 PM

Do we know sonm buy back price? Is it under fiat or btc/eth?
If they will buy back from ico price as eth it will be great for investors.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:53:47 PM

Are they really buying back? I thought they just called dividends "network transaction fees" instead, kind of like PoS mining.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:17:49 PM

Are they really buying back? I thought they just called dividends "network transaction fees" instead, kind of like PoS mining.

So they are not cancelling all those talks about revenue sharing?
the buy back and burning of tokens turned out to be a set back for ICN, I didn't work for the holders which they did dump the token after learning it all. But it first was pumped before it end up with the low price.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:24:21 PM

So they are not cancelling all those talks about revenue sharing?
the buy back and burning of tokens turned out to be a set back for ICN, I didn't work for the holders which they did dump the token after learning it all. But it first was pumped before it end up with the low price.
What worked against Iconomi is the fact that it's a bad project with overpriced fees.

But as far as SONM is concerned - and I'm not sure about this - I think that revenue sharing happens by sending usage fees to token holders based on how many tokens they are holding.
Renko

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:37:25 PM

SONM + NEM
SONM + ATLANT

SONM Moon next year!!!  Cool
glennmatthew

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:25:31 PM

SONM + NEM
SONM + ATLANT

Mooning soon Smiley Wait for monthly update in November;)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

temtum

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

░░░██████
░░░██████
░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
MiBambino

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:30:37 PM

SONM + NEM
SONM + ATLANT

I know about a possible collab between Nem and Atlant, but I've heared nothing about Sonm and Atlant. Care to share a link or tweet?

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:23:12 PM

SONM + NEM
SONM + ATLANT

I hope that NEM will be able to partner up with SONM, for now they stick with Ethereum, however there is a scale issue or something so they might switch to NEM when ETH is not a good fit for this project anymore.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Pages: « 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... 584 »
  Print  

Jump to: