Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:19:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleeping giant is awakening?? LTC back to $50 now ??  (Read 12473 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:24:07 PM

Don't hesitate! Get on now!

I just sold 33% of my ETH and bought more LTC. I have 633 LTC now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:30:53 PM

Won't happen. LTC may fluctuate alot, like between 250-500mil, nothing more. There is simply no reason for a barely top 7 project to climb too much. There's simply not enough demand for it, just a playtoy for the chinese. It's a copy of bitcoin but it doesn't have it's hype, it's brand, nor it's fame.

Everyone will remember LTC as the wannabe bitcoin, a project that aimed low. Every ltc pump simply ended with just higher lows. It was around 4$, so i guess it will level at around 5$.

You apparently don't understand the economics involved.

My hypothesis is the Litecoin miners and the Bitcoin minnows want SegWit and LN. And the whales of LTC want it too, because they can receive many of those Bitcoin minnows.

Ethereum can't be Nash's ideal money. And ostensibly Bitcoin can't get SeqWit and LN scaling activated because of miner sunk costs. But apparently Litecoin can do it (if my logic is correct) and is ideal money.

Ethereum is a different game about blockchain applications other than just money, not ideal money. Ethereum is prolly still going up (maybe 4X from here), but Litecoin has the potential to go up 10X or more (and very rapidly so).

Bitcoin is being disintermediated/disrupted on all fronts.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:44:59 PM

You chose to role the dice and i don't blame you for it. Litecoin is in the same situation as bitcoin, the only difference is, litecoin doesn't really matter because it's mcap is low. If LTC miners wanted segwit that badly then it could have been activated by now. Even if it activates, nothing much changes. Yes LTC whales want segwit for hype value, but they don't have much to say in it unless they're miners. But LTC's segwit is at 20%+ for ages now.

You made a bad bet unless you exit at the right time.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:51:10 PM

@mining1 your logic was already retorted upthread.

That doesn't mean you couldn't possibly be correct, but it seems plausible given the economics I explained upthread that the miners and/or pools have avoided signaling SegWit support while the whales accumulated and the miners prepared (i.e. to quietly hoard all the Scrypt ASIC supply).

I'd prefer to have better information on the details of that hypothesis. But sometimes the chart will tell you all the details summarized into the volume of the move. Money and markets are an information signaling system (imperfect that they are due to centralized manipulation).

The Litecoin volume today is 50% of the Bitcoin volume! Litecoin has never seen this level of volume before.

I hadn't realized the special advantage that Litecoin has for enabling SegWit as compared to sunk costs driven stalemate in Bitcoin. Now I (posit a hypothesis which I think I) understand the special economics which apply to Litecoin at this juncture in history.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:01:31 PM

Also, if the f2pool guy switches to segwit in LTC, how can he defend his anti-segwit position in BTC with a straight face anymore? (edit:I think i get it now from iamnotback's comment above, i thought miners rejecting segwit because of code reasons too)

https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun

Looks like they tried to activate segwit in some altcoin called Syscoin.. also you can see the chink wearing a "hard fork cafe"

Chinaman only cares about money, not ideology. They are duplicitous. It is one of the most important facts you need to know about China. Money and power is what they value. Cold, hard, realities and not the whining ideological nonsense of we Westerners.
btcbug

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:04:26 PM

I've been following your threads for several years, and a lot of the technical stuff is over my head obviously, but I get the gist of it I think. Learned a ton from your discussions and really appreciate that! I gotta say I'm excited to get in on your project as an early adopter, accumulate a nice holding and become insanely wealthy. Wink

I'm a long time hodler of BTC as well and still believe it's heading much higher, but of course if Bitcoin is ultimately doomed as you claim, then we haven't got a choice and you must do it for the benefit of the world.

They say when you're poor you stress about not having money, but they also say that once you've got money you stress about keeping it!

I think you're advice about hedging at this point is reasonable, although I don't see many alts as being a hedge (more like risk since latest price increases). Perhaps LTC considering that it's been between $3 - $4 for close to 2 years and didn't have a recent pump. I don't see much upside, but the point is preservation and it does have m.cap and volume.

I prefer bitnet as well.

Said this last night in another thread and woke up this morning to $7 LTC!!

Thought about it for an hour or two, then decided I better load me up some LTC. I can see things being interesting if it gets Segwit/LN.
mining1

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:20:24 PM

@mining1 your logic was already retorted upthread.

That doesn't mean you couldn't possibly be correct, but it seems plausible given the economics I explained upthread that the miners and/or pools have avoided signaling SegWit support while the whales accumulated and the miners prepared (i.e. to quietly hoard all the Scrypt ASIC supply).

I'd prefer to have better information on the details of that hypothesis. But sometimes the chart will tell you all the details summarized into the volume of the move. Money and markets are an information signaling system (imperfect that they are due to centralized manipulation).

The Litecoin volume today is 50% of the Bitcoin volume! Litecoin has never seen this level of volume before.

I hadn't realized the special advantage that Litecoin has for enabling SegWit as compared to sunk costs driven stalemate in Bitcoin. Now I (posit a hypothesis which I think I) understand the special economics which apply to Litecoin at this juncture in history.

Think of it this way; for your theory to work, would mean a part of the money would have to move from bitcoin's whales to litecoin. BTC already has a civil war, a huge flippening threat from ethereum, and now you're telling me btc whales desperately want ltc segwit to pass and are boarding too with a part of their money ? Can't be, btc whales are not suicidal, they would risk too much. If they wanted to exit, they would have done it by now.
Whales will simply not risk their wealth for something as dumb as this, kill the largest part of their wealth just to move it into another coin lol.

LTC's volume is just a pump. Most of btc's value that moved away from it in fear, moved into ethereum. But know what all these other altcoins had in common ? Each of them had their own shares of pump series, because they all tried to attract the money flow from bitcoin and into making people believe there's where money's moving.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:20:54 PM

Compare the volume!

Read at my fundamental logic at the link I provided.

Just a dead zombie coin trying to climb out of its grave.
Third luck charm? NAHHH Roll Eyes

50% of Bitcoin's volume. Litecoin has never seen any where near that level of volume before.

Remember the title of this thread I created:

Speculation Rule: buy when others are irrationally pessimistic or too cautious

I think you are irrational. You haven't refuted my fundamental reasons. Not just the volume, but the SegWit activation economics and game theory reasons. Have you even read what I linked to?

I have read the SegWit activation on Litecoin. Would be quite interesting how that plays out. But Its easy for a coin to rease 70% a day when it was only worth around 5 USD. In its glorydays it was worth 50 USD. Litecoin i dead for years. Its famous for hodlers who were/are desperately waiting to finally make some profit on this coin. Its way better to buy Bitcoin because Bitcoin has much MUCH more potential than this pump&dump coin. You and I both know that this is a forced whale pump, not sustainable event-based or adoption-based growth. SegWit alone wont push it up with 70% in one day. Whales do.

You don't get 50% of Bitcoin's volume without others realizing the potential and following the lead of the whales.

I have no idea why you think that accelerating scaling which Bitcoin can't do due to stalemate, isn't worth $billions if not $trillions.

In the past, LTC had no comparative advantage. Now it has a huge comparative advantage. Don't be late to board the train, because you are getting poorer as you delay realizing this new reality.
santaclaws

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

Horror Movie Phreak

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:34:40 PM

Great I hope it surpasses the .01 price I paid for it in 2015. Would be nice to make some bux while holding bags so long. I'm gonna ride this one out to the end. I hope we see $100 LTC.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:37:30 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 10:24:39 PM by iamnotback

Also, if the f2pool guy switches to segwit in LTC, how can he defend his anti-segwit position in BTC with a straight face anymore? (edit:I think i get it now from iamnotback's comment above, i thought miners rejecting segwit because of code reasons too)

https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun

Looks like they tried to activate segwit in some altcoin called Syscoin.. also you can see the chink wearing a "hard fork cafe"

Chinaman only cares about money, not ideology. They are duplicitous. It is one of the most important facts you need to know about China. Money and power is what they value. Cold, hard, realities and not the whining ideological nonsense of we Westerners.

So he pretends to hate SegWit so he can quietly accumulate LTC and Scrypt ASICs, then later he will say it is best to test out SegWit on LTC first so don't risk Bitcoin's safety. Or what ever BS he needs to say for his public face. Chinaman's private face is always about money. Public face is some BS about a better society.

Update:

Re: What happened to BU?

Haven't seen more news.
Can someone update me?
Where is the fork? Huh

As planned by the Chinaman as a way of misdirecting our attention, BU died and SegWit on Litecoin was achieved instead.

I never understood why the Chinaman was dumb enough to support a the technological idiocy in BU, and now I understand it was a diversionary manipulation that was never intended to be carried out.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:43:11 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 08:53:48 PM by iamnotback

Think of it this way; for your theory to work, would mean a part of the money would have to move from bitcoin's whales to litecoin. BTC already has a civil war, a huge flippening threat from ethereum, and now you're telling me btc whales desperately want ltc segwit to pass and are boarding too with a part of their money ? Can't be, btc whales are not suicidal, they would risk too much. If they wanted to exit, they would have done it by now.
Whales will simply not risk their wealth for something as dumb as this, kill the largest part of their wealth just to move it into another coin lol.

LTC's volume is just a pump. Most of btc's value that moved away from it in fear, moved into ethereum. But know what all these other altcoins had in common ? Each of them had their own shares of pump series, because they all tried to attract the money flow from bitcoin and into making people believe there's where money's moving.

Incorrect logic. Only the disgruntled minnows need to move, and remember (in a Zipf distribution) the minnows do control 33% of the wealth, but they just aren't usually organized and can be manipulated by whales. But there is something else maybe going on, which is that those BTC whales (and/or dolphins) who are on the scaling side of the civil war, now have a way to increase their relative wealth while getting the scaling they want. They can't act within the Bitcoin ecosystem without getting burned. But they can trade.

LTC provides a proxy for the various parties to profit on resolving their differences. Money moves in the direction of the least resistance and that which allocates capital to the most production.

LTC might flag pattern here a bit (pull back a bit) while the market digests whether Bitcoin is really stuck in a stalemate with ever rising fees. But it is very likely going much higher.

Remember silver is the money for the common man. Litecoin is the silver to Bitcoin's gold. Bitcoin is the money for the small blocks with very high fees. Litecoin will be the scaling currency. Of course the smart miners and developers had a plan B. It makes complete sense now in retrospect.

Litecoin will now be known as the scaling currency. Bitcoin will be known as the power broker's settlement currency.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:52:07 PM

What's coblee talking about omni and tether for?

What's his next move here?

FOMOFish

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:53:08 PM

Won't happen. LTC may fluctuate alot, like between 250-500mil, nothing more. There is simply no reason for a barely top 7 project to climb too much. There's simply not enough demand for it, just a playtoy for the chinese. It's a copy of bitcoin but it doesn't have it's hype, it's brand, nor it's fame.

Everyone will remember LTC as the wannabe bitcoin, a project that aimed low. Every ltc pump simply ended with just higher lows. It was around 4$, so i guess it will level at around 5$.
Higher lows after each pump are indicative of long term demand.
mining1

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:03:05 PM

No, just bagholders that don't wanna sell at a loss, which ends up in a slow bleed.
andron8383

Activity: 333

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:06:46 PM

Remember silver is the money for the common man. Litecoin is the silver to Bitcoin's gold. Bitcoin is the money for the small blocks with very high fees. Litecoin will be the scaling currency. Of course the smart miners and developers had a plan B. It makes complete sense now in retrospect.

Smiley sure but regular man will be able to use ETH DASH... LTC is another Chinaman currency.
Once ETH will adopt LN and stuff like that i don't see LTC becoming that "silver"
silver where minig is like 80%-90% in China miners. That is why during those pumps not mane has given a fuck to LTC
there is no innovation just self proclaiming "silver" i don't buy that shit.

DASH is leaving life so pumper went to another 3 letter this time LTC coin that is dead all most  all time.
Coin that has like 4k transation and that one need segwit Cheesy ?
Last week with BTC problems people tush so much into LTC to use it that is dropped form 3400tx/day to 2500tx/day Cheesy..
What went wron people moved to ETH ? Is Chianaman plan failed ? So lets pump LTC now
This is pure pump and and it till it last i don't see any reason for it.
siver for people FUCKING joke Cheesy guys.
Same time ETH rise have fundamental with transactions 1/3 translations of BTC and 1/3 of BTC market cap while LTC Cheesy ... 1/120 transactions of BTC while market cap 1/53.
So fair price of LTC should be like 120m market cap... Smiley
Pump can be good but Smiley i am not in it.

Fuck that whole situation tell me that BTC bull is OVER SHITTTTTTTT Cheesy

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-btc-eth-ltc.html

No, just bagholders that don't wanna sell at a loss, which ends up in a slow bleed.

If i were bag-holder i would sell today 80% Cheesy and forgot - because LTC have nothing behind it.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:09:26 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 09:57:05 PM by iamnotback

Quote from: anonymous
1. other CCs have Segwit
2. Segwit/LN isn't scaling
3. Segwit isn't LN now

Those 2 cents altcoins are irrelevant. Litecoin has the status to be the silver to Bitcoin's gold.

LN will provide scaling but in the form of private banks fractional reserve banking. It is scaling, but semi-centralized with settlement back on the blockchain.

sure but regular man will be able to use ETH DASH... LTC is another Chinaman currency.
Once ETH will adopt LN and stuff like that i don't see LTC becoming that "silver"

Ethereum's Raiden which is a LN clone will likely be ready sooner, but Ethereum doesn't have the same security (due the hacks possible with its scripting and willingness of community to do HFs) as Bitcoin and Litecoin with more mining as it scales up to 1/5 of Bitcoin's marketcap. Ethereum is in a different market of doing more applications with blockchains, not just payments.

There is a reason that Scrypt ASICs were made. This plan for Litecoin has apparently been made a long time ago. Some smart people had foresight.

If i were bag-holder i would sell today 80% Cheesy

I posit that LTC is changing from weak, tired hands to strong hands who know the real value proposition. Once the weak hands are out, then we continue skyrocketing upwards.

Half of the entire marketcap of LTC was traded today. I've never seen that happen any where.
andron8383

Activity: 333

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:14:23 PM

Those 2 cents altcoins are irrelevant. Litecoin has the status to be the silver to Bitcoin's gold.

you know what if i really want "silver" i would use fucking DOGEcoin much better silver than LTC.
And with whole blocksize crisis NOONE movet to use LTC all network flown to ETH so that "silver" data is BS to me.

If that LTC was 2ndary layer to BTC people will use LTC insted of rushing to ETH Smiley

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-btc-eth-ltc.html

Just alts pump are over and whales just pump now random shit like always.
People pump any shitcoins today like in 2013 at end of BTC pump.

*** but Ethereum doesn't have the same security as Bitcoin and Litecoin with more mining ***
Like that would be reason for people to chose LTC over ETH come on.
ETH was attacked multiple times and what they live at 2-5 bilon market cap all  time.
who will attack ETH ? This is same reason like for POS and whole Nothing At Stake drama whole are saying and saying but noone actually can't do it while 51% attack are common in POW.

Ethereum's Raiden which is a LN clone will likely be ready sooner, but Ethereum doesn't have the same security (due the hacks possible with its scripting and willingness of community to do HFs) as Bitcoin and ***

Sure but they don't need it yet with just like 100k tx/day

iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:29:54 PM

you know what if i really want "silver" i would use fucking DOGEcoin much better silver than LTC.

Dogshit isn't silver:

Chihuahua WoW has no SegWit/LN nor quality development.

... but Ethereum doesn't have the same security (due the hacks possible with its scripting and willingness of community to do HFs) as Bitcoin and Litecoin with more mining as it scales up to 1/5 of Bitcoin's marketcap...

Like that would be reason for people to chose LTC over ETH come on.
ETH was attacked multiple times and what they live at 2-5 bilon market cap all  time.

You act like the DAO attack and community HF never happened.

Different security model entirely. Not immutable, more risk given Turing complete scripting. Yet also more experimentation for killer blockchain apps. Ethereum is a different market than what the silver to Bitcoin's gold must be.

I'm still invested in ETH because blockchain applications are going to have utility, and Ethereum is racing ahead faster with developments.
kernels10

Activity: 408

ded

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:34:52 PM

lolwat? Are you serious? Fucking Dogecoin over LTC?
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:51:46 PM

lolwat? Are you serious? Fucking Dogecoin over LTC?

His preference is apparently because he only wants a coin that barks WoW and fucks. So LTC (silver) doesn't qualify.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: