Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:02:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417955 times)
soifigured

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:09:49 PM

Are there any plans to add in the Funokoshi equihash miner?

I just tried it quickly by grabbing the v2.3 of funakoshiMiner (executable) from here:

https://github.com/funakoshi2718/funakoshi-miner/releases

After I chmod'ed the file to make it executable, I was able to give it a quick test on my 3 GPU Test rig by starting it up with this command line:

./funakoshiMiner -cd 0 1 2 -l zec.suprnova.cc:2242 -u <userName>.Miner1

So, if you want to mine with it, there is no compatibility with nvOC 19-2.0 Community Edition. There is no compiling necessary (nore possible for that matter since he doesn't provide source).

Thanks for the response!  I was wondering if there were any plans to add it into the script files so that it would auto launch on boot like EWBF and DSTM do.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
infowire

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:17:44 AM

I am sure this has been asked before, can i update claymore manually ? 
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 01:57:25 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 03:58:15 PM by papampi

I am sure this has been asked before, can i update claymore manually ?  

sure you can, just copy the ethdcrminer64 version you want and make executale
Code:
/home/m1/eth/claymore/latest/
chmod a+x /home/m1/eth/claymore/latest/ethdcrminer64

LuKePicci

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:01:34 PM

Guys, if you know any alternative way to automatically start a bash script in a terminal window on boot which is not gnome-dependent, please, take a look here:

https://github.com/papampi/nvOC_by_fullzero_Community_Release/issues/41

Thank you in advance!
parentibule

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:44:59 AM

So, if you want to mine with it, there is no compatibility with nvOC 19-2.0 Community Edition. There is no compiling necessary (nore possible for that matter since he doesn't provide source).

Source code are available and so, miner can be compile.
LuKePicci

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:28:42 PM

Meanwhile you can try by yourself to integrate into nvOC 2.1 dev tree miners subrepo on github, take a look at README and other existing open-source miners already added to understand what's needed. Then if you are good to go open a PR with it.

https://github.com/papampi/nvOC_miners/tree/19-2.1
Stubo

Activity: 224
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:23:54 PM

Source code are available and so, miner can be compile.

Where did you find that? All that I could find is a *.tar.gz file that only contained Readme.md.
joshuajones02

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:28:26 AM

Hey papampi! I’m trying to help a friend out who’s getting a line 44 3main error 2693 terminated

Instead of trying to fix this, what commands can I use to just download and wipe all of the nvOC config files?

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol     
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
urnzwy

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:23:29 AM

Hey guys,

Anyone else having an issue mining ETH (and ZCL now) and the rig crashing / freezing?

Seems that something happen on the ETH miner, watchdog thinks it lost a GPU and tries to restart 3main. But on both of my rigs, when this happens the system freezes and I have to manually restart.

Errors I have seen -

GPU Utilization is low: restarting 3main...

Thread exited with code: 29

Is there a way to disable 3main restarting without disabling watchdog? The miner would start mining again once connected, but this freezing is my issue.

I'm mining hush temporarily with zero issues. Was on ZCL before the fork without issues as well, same settings and whatnot. And was mining ETH for about 3 weeks with no issues. Now it won't stop crashing after being up 12-24 hours each time. It's driving me nuts.

Two separate rigs, both 13 card (1070 and 1070 Ti's)
Stubo

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 12:58:49 PM

Hey guys,

Anyone else having an issue mining ETH (and ZCL now) and the rig crashing / freezing?

Seems that something happen on the ETH miner, watchdog thinks it lost a GPU and tries to restart 3main. But on both of my rigs, when this happens the system freezes and I have to manually restart.

Errors I have seen -

Is there a way to disable 3main restarting without disabling watchdog? The miner would start mining again once connected, but this freezing is my issue.

I'm mining hush temporarily with zero issues. Was on ZCL before the fork without issues as well, same settings and whatnot. And was mining ETH for about 3 weeks with no issues. Now it won't stop crashing after being up 12-24 hours each time. It's driving me nuts.

The only time I have ever had a rig freeze was ultimately due to OC being too high. Lowering the GPU OC by just a bit (5 or 10) fixed my issue.

I am not sure I totally understand your question, but if you want to disable the the 3main restart, the only way to do this is to not run the watchdog at all. To do that, change this in 1bash:

MINER_WATCHDOG="YES"

to

MINER_WATCHDOG="NO"

papampi

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 03:08:58 PM

Hey papampi! I’m trying to help a friend out who’s getting a line 44 3main error 2693 terminated

Instead of trying to fix this, what commands can I use to just download and wipe all of the nvOC config files?

The only config file in nvOC is 1bash, you can download the default from nvOC GitHub

urnzwy

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:12:47 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2018, 03:24:21 PM by urnzwy

Hey guys,

Errors I have seen -

The only time I have ever had a rig freeze was ultimately due to OC being too high. Lowering the GPU OC by just a bit (5 or 10) fixed my issue.

I am not sure I totally understand your question, but if you want to disable the the 3main restart, the only way to do this is to not run the watchdog at all. To do that, change this in 1bash:

MINER_WATCHDOG="YES"

to

MINER_WATCHDOG="NO"

Shouldn't be an overclock issue. Running Hush right now for two days straight no issue.

Running 50 core and 200 mem at 80% TDP.

Def do not want to turn off watchdog. I've ran with these settings fine for multiple coins and long periods of time. ETH was running for over a month with zero issues and now all the sudden with the same settings, same miner, different rigs crashes every 12ish hours within minutes of eachother. Even switched servers and same issue. Something else is at play here.

Like I mentioned, my personal desktop that mines I see ethminer restart randomly exactly when the rigs go down. It doesn't make much sense.

I had a similar issue to this a few months ago and was told it was an issue within NVOC. That when the miner switched to "donation" mode it would freeze and the solution was to switch miners. I've tried ETHMINER, GENOIL and CLAYMORE. All the same issue.
Stubo

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:34:06 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2018, 06:46:39 PM by Stubo

Hey guys,

Errors I have seen -

MINER_WATCHDOG="YES"

to

MINER_WATCHDOG="NO"

Shouldn't be an overclock issue. Running Hush right now for two days straight no issue.

Def do not want to turn off watchdog. I've ran with these settings fine for multiple coins and long periods of time. ETH was running for over a month with zero issues and now all the sudden with the same settings, same miner, different rigs crashes every 12ish hours within minutes of eachother. Even switched servers and same issue. Something else is at play here.

Like I mentioned, my personal desktop that mines I see ethminer restart randomly exactly when the rigs go down. It doesn't make much sense.

I had a similar issue to this a few months ago and was told it was an issue within NVOC. That when the miner switched to "donation" mode it would freeze and the solution was to switch miners. I've tried ETHMINER, GENOIL and CLAYMORE. All the same issue.

Oh, the miner you are referring to was an older version of the DSTM miner. The dev only had one pool configured for his donations and a network issue in Europe hosed a bunch of us for hours early one morning. That was fixed in a newer DSTM miner version, several versions ago. That was not a freeze. It was just the miner trying over and over to connect to something that it could not. When the watchdog saw that the GPUs were idle, it would restart the miner a few times and ultimately the box. This went on for hours and hours and even destroyed the boot USB drive for some folks running an older nvOC version.

Have you checked to see what the system logs (/var/logs) say? I am assuming when you say "freeze" that the entire host becomes unresponsive and has to be hard rebooted.
thaelin

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:30:57 AM

Hi all:
   Well been one hell of a move but finally back on line and mining away. Well, almost.  In reading the last few pages, I have had the same freezing and rebooting problems as well. Has been a long road to find the cause of it. I did try the  less overclocks but that really didn't help much. Well, I finally found out what was doing it. It was the temp control program trying to adjust the speed of the fans. Somewhere in the mix it loses the connection with one or more cards but doesn't trigger a reboot. When the utilization falls past the set point, then watchdog does print a message stating that and reboots.
   So by not running the temp control and using a set fan speed high enough to keep things cool, I am running now with no reboots at all.

This all really started now that the hot weather is here. While it was cool all was good

hope this helps others.       Thay
papampi

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 08:32:41 AM

Hey guys,

Errors I have seen -

MINER_WATCHDOG="YES"

to

MINER_WATCHDOG="NO"

Oh, the miner you are referring to was an older version of the DSTM miner. The dev only had one pool configured for his donations and a network issue in Europe hosed a bunch of us for hours early one morning. That was fixed in a newer DSTM miner version, several versions ago. That was not a freeze. It was just the miner trying over and over to connect to something that it could not. When the watchdog saw that the GPUs were idle, it would restart the miner a few times and ultimately the box. This went on for hours and hours and even destroyed the boot USB drive for some folks running an older nvOC version.

Have you checked to see what the system logs (/var/logs) say? I am assuming when you say "freeze" that the entire host becomes unresponsive and has to be hard rebooted.

What are your miner versions?
Run the miner update script to update them and test again

nvOC v0019-2.0 Community Release - Miner Update Script

papampi

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 08:37:30 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2018, 11:11:06 AM by papampi

Hi all:
   Well been one hell of a move but finally back on line and mining away. Well, almost.  In reading the last few pages, I have had the same freezing and rebooting problems as well. Has been a long road to find the cause of it. I did try the  less overclocks but that really didn't help much. Well, I finally found out what was doing it. It was the temp control program trying to adjust the speed of the fans. Somewhere in the mix it loses the connection with one or more cards but doesn't trigger a reboot. When the utilization falls past the set point, then watchdog does print a message stating that and reboots.
   So by not running the temp control and using a set fan speed high enough to keep things cool, I am running now with no reboots at all.

This all really started now that the hot weather is here. While it was cool all was good

hope this helps others.       Thay

I noticed a while back that when fans goes too high (over %90) some of my rigs gets unstable and reboot or freeze too
So I tried to keep em cooler with lower power limit and also changed max fan speed in temp control from 100 to 90

Code:
      if [ $NEW_FAN_SPEED -gt 100 ]; then
        NEW_FAN_SPEED=100
To:
Code:
      if [ $NEW_FAN_SPEED -gt 90 ]; then
        NEW_FAN_SPEED=90

In 1bash set
Code:
RESTORE_POWER_LIMIT=80

afroid

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:22:38 PM

Hi to all
How can I update claymore to v11.7?
papampi

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 07:04:17 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2018, 02:24:55 PM by papampi

This script will check your nvOC miners and download new ones.
As requested, after download it will ask to recompile them.

Code:

Downloading and checking new miners for nvOC-v0019-2.x finished

Do you want to re-compile your miners (y/N)?  y

Checking if bn.h bignum error is fixed for compiling miners or not

Select miners to compile, (multiple comma separated values: 1,6,7)
1- ASccminer
2 -KTccminer
3 -KTccminer-cryptonight
4- KXccminer
5 -NAccminer
6- SPccminer
7- TPccminer
8- vertminer
9- ANXccminer
R- MSFTccminer (RVN)

Do your Choice: [A]LL [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [R] [E]xit:

Miners Update Script:
Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/papampi/nvOC_miners/master/nvOC_miner_update.sh
bash /home/m1/Downloads/nvOC_miner_update.sh

Miner Versions:
Code:
Claymore                      11.7
Tpruvot ccminer               2.2.5
Bminer                        6.1.0
DSTM                          0.6
KlausT ccminer                8.20
KlaustT ccminer-cryptonight   2.06
Ethminer                      0.13.0
nanashi-ccminer               2.2-mod-r2
vertminer              1.0.2 Stable
ANXccminer              valexis-1.0
MSFT Tpruvot ccminer (RVN)    2.2.5

zloy_hulk

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:25:05 PM

Hello!
First of all, thank you for this freeware os.

I have a quastion about working this os with nvidia p104 cards.
I have systems with only P104 cards. So, I have to connect monitor to the integrated video.
My systems can't work properly with these cards, nvidia x-server fails or can't apply oc for the cards. I tryied "p106 full headless mode" but it didn't help.
How to get system with P104 cards working?
urnzwy

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:22:58 PM

Hey guys,

Errors I have seen -

MINER_WATCHDOG="YES"

to

MINER_WATCHDOG="NO"

What are your miner versions?
Run the miner update script to update them and test again

My miners are all up to date. Ran the update script a while back and checked this again the other day to make sure it wasn't outdated.

So still no clue whats up. Hush is still mining away no issue
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: