Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:14:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417956 times)
cryptotime101

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:31:39 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to use zpool's multialgo switch with nvOC but don't seem to get my head around the configuration. Do I need to type "Zpool" in Coin portion of configuration and where can I mention multi algo for zpool switching? I would appreciate if someone share the configuration file or exmaple.

Thanks,

Hey Papampi and team,

Could you please suggest some settings with Zpool multialgo switch. How can I achieve automatic switching to the best algo in zpool using nvOC. I am using  nvOC-V0019-2.0. I have 7xGTX 1080 and 2xGTX 1070 in my rig.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:38:15 AM

I included # to indicate the shell is running as root instead of
Code:
$ sudo

I tried with sudo too but it was giving me permission denied too.
May be I added sudo wrong place?

I ran 
Code:
sudo cat <<EOF> /etc/systemd/system/nvidia-xconfig.service

NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:41:04 AM

Code:
$ sudo

I ran 
Code:
AFAIK you need be root to
Code:
# cat <<EOF> /etc/systemd/system/nvidia-xconfig.service
instead of
Code:
$ sudo cat <<EOF> /etc/systemd/system/nvidia-xconfig.service
papampi

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:42:46 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to use zpool's multialgo switch with nvOC but don't seem to get my head around the configuration. Do I need to type "Zpool" in Coin portion of configuration and where can I mention multi algo for zpool switching? I would appreciate if someone share the configuration file or exmaple.

Thanks,

Hey Papampi and team,

Could you please suggest some settings with Zpool multialgo switch. How can I achieve automatic switching to the best algo in zpool using nvOC. I am using  nvOC-V0019-2.0. I have 7xGTX 1080 and 2xGTX 1070 in my rig.

Salfter has written a zpool switch: zpool-switch: a cross-platform zpool switcher

I now have a working zpool auto-switcher:

https://gitlab.com/salfter/zpool-switch

A note of caution: the description of their API is pretty much non-existent, and the normalized-profit statistic they report isn't in the same units from one algorithm to the next (it's BTC/day per MH/s for most, per GH/s for several, per PH/s for sha256d, and per kS/s for ethash).  Based on the data I've seen elsewhere, I think I have the right correction factors to correct all of them to BTC/day per GH/s, which matches up with the hashrates (in GH/s) in my miner configuration file.  If you notice that a particular algorithm seems high or low by some multiple of 3 orders of magnitude, let me know.

Further development of my auto-switchers will be under Gentoo instead of nvOC, but they should still work under nvOC with no changes to the Python code and just binary path updates in miners.json to reflect the different miner locations (the miner binaries live under /usr/bin on Gentoo).  Also, the shipping miners.json refers to a miner (at https://github.com/krnlx/ccminer-xevan) that nvOC doesn't currently provide.  Blake2S can be reconfigured to use tpruvot's ccminer at a minor performance hit.  XEvan is a relatively new algorithm only supported by the aforementioned ccminer-xevan; as a fork of ccminer, it should be relatively simple to get running under nvOC if desired.

papampi

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:46:45 AM

Code:
$ sudo

I ran 
Code:
AFAIK you need be root to
Code:
# cat <<EOF> /etc/systemd/system/nvidia-xconfig.service
instead of
Code:
$ sudo cat <<EOF> /etc/systemd/system/nvidia-xconfig.service

Thanks mate, missed that
Was trying to make your post easier for those like me who missed it Wink

Rumo

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:18:32 AM

Hi Guys

Pap your WTM switch is not switching after the clean setup from the self expanding image. Script is running and tells me i switch from bla to bla but nothing happens in the miner window.

Any ideas?

greetings
Rumo

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:31:41 AM

Hi Guys

Pap your WTM switch is not switching after the clean setup from the self expanding image. Script is running and tells me i switch from bla to bla but nothing happens in the miner window.

Any ideas?

greetings

I think i found the problem

Code:
if  [[ $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "NO" && $plusCPU == "NO" ]] || [[ $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "YES"  &&  $CURRENT_COIN_ALGORITHM == $TOP_COIN_ALGORITHM ]]; then

elif [[ $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "YES"  &&  $CURRENT_COIN_ALGORITHM != $TOP_COIN_ALGORITHM ]]; then

I use $plusCPU but not $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC. So there is no way the Switch can work.

papampi

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 11:10:32 AM

Hi Guys

Any ideas?

greetings

I think i found the problem

Code:
if  [[ $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "NO" && $plusCPU == "NO" ]] || [[ $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "YES"  &&  $CURRENT_COIN_ALGORITHM == $TOP_COIN_ALGORITHM ]]; then

elif [[ $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "YES"  &&  $CURRENT_COIN_ALGORITHM != $TOP_COIN_ALGORITHM ]]; then

I use $plusCPU but not $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC. So there is no way the Switch can work.

Sorry
I had fixed that in my local update folder and GitHub, but forgot to make the change in compressed file for update script and image.
Remove the plusCPU and change it to

Code:
if  [[ $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "NO"  ]] || [[ $ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "YES"  &&  $CURRENT_COIN_ALGORITHM == $TOP_COIN_ALGORITHM ]]; then

Fixed update script too.
Thanks for mentioning the problem.

hashmasta83

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:21:38 PM

Hey fullzero, firstly thanks for the great OS it is very stable once setup.  One issue i'm having is i cannot get my worker to authorize on mining pool hub for coin switching on equihash.  I keep getting "authorization failed" after the first GPU connects to the server.  This makes me think my username/worker is not setup correctly but I've tried just about everything.  I've setup pools similar to this using my username and worker name (i.e. coinmine, suprnova, zclmine.pro, etc.) so i'm familiar with the setup.  I've tried ports 12073, 17023, and 20570.  It just won't authorize...thinking this may be a setup issue with the OS, any ideas?

Example:

MPH workername = broheim
MPH username = blah

#MPH_EQUIHASH
MPH_WORKER="broheim"
MPH_ADDRESS="blah71"
MPH_EQUIHASH_POOL="us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com"
MPH_EQUIHASH_PORT="12073"

Also tried using blah71.broheim as a workername as well as blah71.broheim:x to include password (following MPH setup instructions) to no avail....

There has been a problem in 1bash which has 2 MPH_ADDRESS, one for Ethash another for Equihash
fixed for next version
Remove one or set both

Your a life saver, i'll give that a try later today and let you know if that works.  Thanks for the response!
saki2fifty

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:37:08 PM

How exactly do I overclock with nvOC?  Regardless of what I change in the config (core / memory), the clocks never change.

For instance, I have 12gpu's running, target one GPU that I want to modify, enable "Individual Clocks" and "Individual Powerlimits", make my change to both core and memory, but the one specific card never changes in when I go to look at the current specs in the nVidia X Server settings.  Clock and memory always stays the same.  

I've enabled and disabled Powermiser, and dont see any other config that I can change to modify my gpu.  Matter of fact, i've tried changing it on all my cards,  nothing changes.

Powerlimiting does work just fine however.

Any input would be appreciated.

(I'm using v0019-1.4 + community patch)

Thanks!

So, here are my questions on Overclocking as I cant figure it out.  I replied earlier that I saw Fullzero's post on the very first page, tried what he suggested with no luck.  I'm currently mining my rig with stock settings, coming from Windows recently.  My xorg detect fails and reboot, so I've commented it out in order to mine with stock settings.  Still trying to educate myself on exactly xorgs function.

Here are my questions:

(There are 358 pages to read through! ... and currently at work.  Cheesy)

1.  Do I have to turn off the onboard video and boot via PCIEXPRESS?  I'm thinking I wont be able to OC this card from what i'm reading??
2.  If so, then does that mean I'll need to plug my monitor into one of the cards on the rig?  And if that is the case, will I be able to use the Ubuntu GUI desktop or will I have to go headless?
3.  Once that is done, xorg should work, correct?  I assume that i'll need to do what Fullzero suggested on the first page at this point.
4.  Is there anything else that needs to be done to get OC working?

Thanks,
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:57:41 PM

How exactly do I overclock with nvOC?  Regardless of what I change in the config (core / memory), the clocks never change.

For instance, I have 12gpu's running, target one GPU that I want to modify, enable "Individual Clocks" and "Individual Powerlimits", make my change to both core and memory, but the one specific card never changes in when I go to look at the current specs in the nVidia X Server settings.  Clock and memory always stays the same.  

I've enabled and disabled Powermiser, and dont see any other config that I can change to modify my gpu.  Matter of fact, i've tried changing it on all my cards,  nothing changes.

Thanks!

So, here are my questions on Overclocking as I cant figure it out.  I replied earlier that I saw Fullzero's post on the very first page, tried what he suggested with no luck.  I'm currently mining my rig with stock settings, coming from Windows recently.  My xorg detect fails and reboot, so I've commented it out in order to mine with stock settings.  Still trying to educate myself on exactly xorgs function.

Here are my questions:

1.  Do I have to turn off the onboard video and boot via PCIEXPRESS?  I'm thinking I wont be able to OC this card from what i'm reading??
2.  If so, then does that mean I'll need to plug my monitor into one of the cards on the rig?  And if that is the case, will I be able to use the Ubuntu GUI desktop or will I have to go headless?
3.  Once that is done, xorg should work, correct?  I assume that i'll need to do what Fullzero suggested on the first page at this point.

Thanks,

Disable the onboard (integrated) video in the bios.
Connect the monitor to the GPU that is connected to the first x16 PCIe slot (the first long slot closest to the CPU).
Xorg should work now.
Edit 1bash that's located in your home directory (do not edit the one that's located in the small 9MB fat partition). Open the file explorer nautilus (icon with folder sign), it will open in your home directory where you will find 1bash. Edit this file. Restart.

saki2fifty

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:19:34 PM

Thanks!

Here are my questions:

Thanks,

Connect the monitor to the GPU that is connected to the first x16 PCIe slot (the first long slot closest to the CPU).
Xorg should work now.
Edit 1bash that's located in your home directory (do not edit the one that's located in the small 9MB fat partition). Open the file explorer nautilus (icon with folder sign), it will open in your home directory where you will find 1bash. Edit this file. Restart.

Gracias!

So before I left for work this morning, I did exactly this.  I disabled the onboard, plugged my monitor into the primary x16 slotted card, powered it up but the display was very, very slow.  It was drawing the screen as a very low rate and waited for a while but never came up to the desktop.  Maybe I wasn't patient enough.  That slot in the BIOS was set to AUTO, but it can be changed to GEN 1/2/ or 3.

I'm using the H110 board.

Would your recommendation mean that my display would be a bit laggy?  I'm good with that, but it was super-duper-pooper-scooper slow and didn't feel like waiting.
papampi

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 03:16:44 PM

Thanks!

Here are my questions:

1.  Do I have to turn off the onboard video and boot via PCIEXPRESS?  I'm thinking I wont be able to OC this card from what i'm reading??

Thanks,

Xorg should work now.

Gracias!

So before I left for work this morning, I did exactly this.  I disabled the onboard, plugged my monitor into the primary x16 slotted card, powered it up but the display was very, very slow.  It was drawing the screen as a very low rate and waited for a while but never came up to the desktop.  Maybe I wasn't patient enough.  That slot in the BIOS was set to AUTO, but it can be changed to GEN 1/2/ or 3.

Would your recommendation mean that my display would be a bit laggy?  I'm good with that, but it was super-duper-pooper-scooper slow and didn't feel like waiting.

Run  this command and reboot

Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig -a --cool-bits=28 --allow-empty-initial-configuration

See how it goes after reboot

leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:11:53 PM

Thanks!

Here are my questions:

Thanks,

Xorg should work now.

Gracias!

So before I left for work this morning, I did exactly this.  I disabled the onboard, plugged my monitor into the primary x16 slotted card, powered it up but the display was very, very slow.  It was drawing the screen as a very low rate and waited for a while but never came up to the desktop.  Maybe I wasn't patient enough.  That slot in the BIOS was set to AUTO, but it can be changed to GEN 1/2/ or 3.

Would your recommendation mean that my display would be a bit laggy?  I'm good with that, but it was super-duper-pooper-scooper slow and didn't feel like waiting.

I've had exactly same issue on my rig with the same motherboard with 13 GTX1060's. Extremely slow and unresponsive, jumpy mouse... I am still investigating the issue, it is related to the latest 387 nvidia driver. I revert back to 384 driver as a quick fix, still a bit slagish but usable now. Browse few pages back, there was a response on how to switch the driver from 387 to 384.

saki2fifty

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:02:06 PM

From papampi:
------
"Run  this command and reboot

Code:

------

What exactly does this do?  Looks like it enables OC'ing without a monitor?  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA/Tips_and_tricks

Actually looking forward to getting home today.

From leenoox:
------
Well, with the onboard enabled, it runs pretty good.  I noticed that with EWBF one thread of the CPU peaks @ 100% and it gets a little laggy but I turn off Hyperthreading, and with only 2 threads it runs better.  I don't have a problem with ZM either way.

...  i think.
tomlev5

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:19:26 PM

Hi!
Previously I was using HDDRawCopy to burn nvOC image to USB key. After the image was copied, all I had to do, was to copy my prepared 1bash file to 9MB fat partition and the USB key was ready to go for any rig (Both rigs used the same image and the same settings).

Now I read that nvOC is more stable on HDD (or SSD) so I used HDDRawCopy to burn nvOC image to HDD.
I have edited 1bash in 9MB fat partition, but now the file wasn't automatically copied to /home/m1/1bash (Like it was on USB key).
My 1bash stayed on the /dev/sda1 partition (9MB fat partition).

Sorry I am a complete linux newbie so I have to ask this:
What command would copy my 1bash from /dev/sda1 partition to /home/m1/1bash?

Papampi, leenoox, how do you guys deploy settings to multiple rigs (I guess you use some different method)?
papampi

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:27:40 PM

Hi!
Previously I was using HDDRawCopy to burn nvOC image to USB key. After the image was copied, all I had to do, was to copy my prepared 1bash file to 9MB fat partition and the USB key was ready to go for any rig (Both rigs used the same image and the same settings).

Now I read that nvOC is more stable on HDD (or SSD) so I used HDDRawCopy to burn nvOC image to HDD.
I have edited 1bash in 9MB fat partition, but now the file wasn't automatically copied to /home/m1/1bash (Like it was on USB key).

Papampi, leenoox, how do you guys deploy settings to multiple rigs (I guess you use some different method)?

If you use the nvOC v0019-2.0 Shrinked Image, it should copy 1bash from 9mb and auto expand after first boot.

Code:
Image size: 11 GB
ZIP size: 3.8 GB
Auto Expand to full size on first boot
Fixed copy 1bash from fat partition to SSD/HDD on first boot
SHA256: ACCA9787169E6E722ED74FB02DBE1C44E7760CEB537CB79D4C61C7FFF8AD3057

tomlev5

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:33:19 PM

Hi!

If you use the nvOC v0019-2.0 Shrinked Image, it should copy 1bash from 9mb and auto expand after first boot.

Code:
Image size: 11 GB
ZIP size: 3.8 GB
Auto Expand to full size on first boot
Fixed copy 1bash from fat partition to SSD/HDD on first boot
SHA256: ACCA9787169E6E722ED74FB02DBE1C44E7760CEB537CB79D4C61C7FFF8AD3057
Thanks, I am downloading Shrinked Image.
saki2fifty

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:47:13 AM

Thanks!

Here are my questions:

1.  Do I have to turn off the onboard video and boot via PCIEXPRESS?  I'm thinking I wont be able to OC this card from what i'm reading??

Thanks,

Xorg should work now.

Gracias!

So before I left for work this morning, I did exactly this.  I disabled the onboard, plugged my monitor into the primary x16 slotted card, powered it up but the display was very, very slow.  It was drawing the screen as a very low rate and waited for a while but never came up to the desktop.  Maybe I wasn't patient enough.  That slot in the BIOS was set to AUTO, but it can be changed to GEN 1/2/ or 3.

Would your recommendation mean that my display would be a bit laggy?  I'm good with that, but it was super-duper-pooper-scooper slow and didn't feel like waiting.

Run  this command and reboot

Code:

I did the above, but still had problems with xorg trying to start.  So...

• I reimaged my drive
  • Disabled the onboard video
  • Turned the power off and plugged in all my cards in the order I wanted.  Plugged a monitor straight to the pcie x16 slot
  • Powered it back on
  • Booted up off my newly imaged drive

... and xorg started fine this time.

Nothing else done.  Applied the community patch and noticed that the formatting in 1bash was much cleaner and easier to read.  And, it's now overclocking!

I went from 160watts per @ around 500 sols/s to 120 watts around 515 sols/s.  At the moment I bumped it up to 160 watts per card and its giving me around 540-550 sols/s.

Woot, woot!

Thank you!

https://i.gyazo.com/2b9fed63fc0c7d059e693bfe7276a213.png

cryptotime101

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:20:15 AM

Hi All,

Thanks,

Hey Papampi and team,

Salfter has written a zpool switch: zpool-switch: a cross-platform zpool switcher

I now have a working zpool auto-switcher:

https://gitlab.com/salfter/zpool-switch

A note of caution: the description of their API is pretty much non-existent, and the normalized-profit statistic they report isn't in the same units from one algorithm to the next (it's BTC/day per MH/s for most, per GH/s for several, per PH/s for sha256d, and per kS/s for ethash).  Based on the data I've seen elsewhere, I think I have the right correction factors to correct all of them to BTC/day per GH/s, which matches up with the hashrates (in GH/s) in my miner configuration file.  If you notice that a particular algorithm seems high or low by some multiple of 3 orders of magnitude, let me know.

Further development of my auto-switchers will be under Gentoo instead of nvOC, but they should still work under nvOC with no changes to the Python code and just binary path updates in miners.json to reflect the different miner locations (the miner binaries live under /usr/bin on Gentoo).  Also, the shipping miners.json refers to a miner (at https://github.com/krnlx/ccminer-xevan) that nvOC doesn't currently provide.  Blake2S can be reconfigured to use tpruvot's ccminer at a minor performance hit.  XEvan is a relatively new algorithm only supported by the aforementioned ccminer-xevan; as a fork of ccminer, it should be relatively simple to get running under nvOC if desired.

Thanks Papampi.
Pages: « 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: