Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:02:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VirtualPub.io - Run your own pub/bar, serve drinks, earn bitcoin!  (Read 53166 times)
zxnttxz

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:16:30 PM

"jukeboxes playing rock music" <---  what it is ?
https://scontent.fhan3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/20799417_2351633788396017_3875750472955400729_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=fbead12b02eb129683b143cbb1459857&oe=5A2DF9CC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarcDailo

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:59:17 AM

OMG, it's AC/DC  Grin
atomicgroup

Activity: 370
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:44:26 AM

This is a very nice business concept whereby you can easily mix business with pleasure, i checked your website but i do not see any guide on how i can play and earn from your games.

I did not see the bar game there also but the sword game.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:06:37 PM

I am going to halve everything on virtualpub.

If you're going to complain, please do it in this thread, don't spam the support system.

For the ones who understand why this has to be done, thanks in advance.

Regarding referral commission, which will be 2.5% from 10%, because previous owner charged lifetime buying of referrals 10k credits, which is 2k sat on current price while you get 2k sats per 1 withdraw of your referral.

ceferov

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 02:23:37 PM

Hello

Why coin-satoshi rate decreased  2 times suddenly which it was 0.3 before and it has already decreased to 0.2 and suddenly it decreased to 0.1.  you said before that coin rate will change automatically.  It was 0.2 when btc rate increased to 4k. How its possible that autamitic can change  from 0.2 to 0.1 when btc still is 4k rate not 8k

Im playing this faucet like an animal to upgrade all possible things to get enough satoshi.  I believed that it already decreased from 0.3 to 0.2. If its automatically why changed to  0.1

Thanks in advance for your explanation

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
nosmis

Activity: 279

Yogyakarta !!!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:27:52 PM

I think it was good decision

lets have a beer !!

uhro

Activity: 209

Join Cashbery Coin!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:32:09 PM

If you're going to complain, please do it in this thread, don't spam the support system.

Regarding referral commission, which will be 2.5% from 10%, because previous owner charged lifetime buying of referrals 10k credits, which is 2k sat on current price while you get 2k sats per 1 withdraw of your referral.

WOW, you obliterated BlockFaucet.io(loaded it up last night to see 12 users on, lol) with huge nerfs a couple months ago and now you are hacking down VirtualPub too?!??!!??!
When you bought the game you nerfed payouts right away (the post is still in the game even), and then about a month ago you added all kinds of advertising, leading me to think the game would get better with more revenue, not worse.
These huge slashes are killing your games, I'm guessing PokeBits is next right(even though it has a sliding reward system too)??

The combination of:
1. buy the game from previous owner
2. adjust rewards down 25-30% with new dynamic ratio due to rapid btc price raise
3. add a bunch more advertising to increase revenue
4. nerf rewards 50%

You clearly didn't write a very good algo to determine credit value, and now instead of fixing the algo to make it right, you're just cutting rewards in half.
So since you bought the game a credit has gone from .5 sat to .1 sat on the reasoning that bitcoin was $1400 when the hard ratio was put in place by the original owner.

Let's examine that then.  I'll use the original BTC = 1400, Credit = .5 sat as a baseline as that's what you did with your initial adjustment after you bought the game.
Bitcoin value: $1400 - credit value: .5 sat - 100k credits = 50k sat = ~70 cents

Value earlier today
Bitcoin value: $4200 - credit value: .2 sat - 100k credits = 10k sat = ~84 cents
Value now
Bitcoin value: $4200 - credit value: .1 sat - 100k credits = 10k sat = ~42 cents

I can understand that 84 cents is 10% higher than than the original value, but 42 cents is 40% lower than the original value, your not correcting, your nerfing.  I wouldn't have gone into such detail if it was anywhere near 70 cents, but it's not.

Clearly I don't "understand" why you have to do this large of a nerf to your own game when the numbers say you are indeed taking a much bigger chunk, NOT JUST ADJUSTING for bitcoin price.  And the biggest nerf is after you added a bunch of advertising.

Do you actually do the math and think about the impact on your game and players before you do stuff like this or do you just look at it as making more money?
Fix your credit value function rather than taking the lazy road and just cutting it's value in half.

I love how you have helped build the faucet community, but you are clawing back large and I fear your shortsightedness is going to make you end up either alienating most of your users or you eventually decide to pack it in as you compound one bad decision after another.

●  CASHBERY COIN - TRANSACTION TOOL OF NEW GENERATION!
  ●  ALREADY ON THE EXCHANGE!
  ●  MAIN TOPIC  ●  GO TO SITE  ●  OUR TELEGRAM  ●  BOUNTY
ceferov

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 02:59:58 PM

This explanation is ver good.  Exactly what I wanted to say.  I appreciate what mexican did for faucets but by this way it's not good and decreasing mexicantargets trust

Pitons

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:05:34 PM

I invested so much time into this. I put all credits into upgrades. After this halve it is absolutely not worth the trouble anymore. Not that it was a large satoshi earner to begin with. I stopped using this service effective immediatelly.
mara88

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:29:30 PM

I spend a lot of time for virtualpub in the last weeks for my pub.
Now, if it is nearly full build it will be forced to negligible. Nice luck (NOT) for me . =(

The estimate from user "uhro" is 100% correct but please let me add one question.
If the flexible price adaption is not really an felxible price adaption because it can be decrease about 50% suddenly if btc have a high, what will happen if the btc is maybe next week again at 2500 for example? ?
To be more clear: I there is a flexible price adaption there is a flexible price adaption. It is quite ridiculous to have a flexible price adaption AND abruptly price adaption!
DarcDailo

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:13:21 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 04:37:18 PM by DarcDailo

When BTC price reaches $7k and 1 credit equals 0.001 Sat, I'm afraid we'd all leave the site!  Grin

In order to not let this happen, the amount of earnings should increase when it's value decreases.
Example,
When 1 Credit = 0.0964 you earn 13 Credits from Cash Link
When 1 Credit = 0.0664 you earn 19 Credits from Cash Link
hulij

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:45:18 PM

60k credits for refs hahah good joke men

with 2.5% commission my ref must earn 2 400 000 credits
with 7% commission my ref must earn 857 142 credits

so ye good luck men if now someone will buy refs

Time to say goodbye

I want to see how many active players you will lose [2689]
mnixxo

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:21:12 PM

If you are interested in the formula so you can calculate it for all situations:
credit_satoshi_price = ((1 / usd_credit_rate) / btc_usd_price) * 100000000

With the BTC price at $1000 then we'd get 1 credit = 0.8333333333.
With the BTC price at $5000 then we'd get 1 credit = 0.1666666667.
And with the BTC price at $20,000 then we'd get 1 credit = 0.04166666667.

As you can see it's almost impossible (with our current times) for the 50k limit to make withdrawing "impossible". For it to become impossible (when you withdraw 50k credits and get 1 or less satoshi) the BTC price would need to be $40,000,000 per bitcoin.

mex, why did you halve everything? here are some your words. so these conditions ceased. in this your post it seems you are ok also with price $5000. Today is price about $4300 and you halved everything. can you explain us why it was ok before and now not? thank you
by the way, i will play virtual pub cause i like this game.  Cheesy but i am curious about what have been done.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:41:29 PM

I'm going to keep the site offline for 24 hours so you can see what's better (Also, want everyone of you who play the site read this message):

a) lowered rewards with the site fully functional,
b) no rewards at all. When you decide to help pay $5k for month then we can talk again, ok?
c) let you all withdraw your coins, shut down the site forever

Regarding the algos on virtualpub, none of them were made by me. You'll see that all of the sites which I made are running as they are intended: FaucetGame, PokeBits, CryptoRacers, RainPool, etc. (BF and GF were designed to make use of adsense, and had to be lowered after this was lost last year. But again, who cares about this, right? Just keep asking more and more).

Remember why and how I came to run this site. This isn't "my" site. I didn't code this site, I bought it for a few reasons.

Then the bitcoin price boomed, and this became unsustainable for me to continue running, this is when the USD automatic credit adjustment was added (this at the time lowered the credit price to about 1 credit = 0.3x satoshi, a 70% difference compared to the values tomos originally had going.

It's been a few months since then, and virtual pub is still operating on a loss. Do you know what that means? I've been paying you guys for 4 months mostly out of my pocket. The additional advertisements are not enough to recoup the amount paid over the last month.

So why was it lowered by another 50% today? Just look at the charts, this is all time highs that we've never seen before in Bitcoin. This affects people's psychology on a deep level, more specifically advertisers. Virtual pub's advertisement revenue got a small boost with the additional ads placed, however due to this bitcoin price it's gone back down to less than what it was before adding them. This is USD rates and not BTC rates.

I have an idea. A genius idea. Since I see a lot of highly intelligent users who're posting suggestions on how this site should be ran, how about I gift this site to you and make it a community site, so you guys run it instead? You'd need to pay out as well, though.

I'm not going to reply to any messages after this one.
If you like, feel free to rage in this topic and quit the site, or keep playing, it's up to you.

If you can't understand after this reply, then I'm seriously sorry. Roll Eyes
sankasanka

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:53:09 PM

Dear mexicantarget, today you increase everything on virtualpub. I have 100k credit and it is 20k satoshi, i lost 10k satoshi with your one click. This is bussines to you maybe you lost a lot more from this site. But you have to ask your customers before increasing,  and they will withdraw their balance. This is  why i complain about. if there is a no satoshi  i still play this game because i love it. i hope you will open it again
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:54:31 PM

Dear mexicantarget, today you increase everything on virtualpub. I have 100k credit and it is 20k satoshi, i lost 10k satoshi with your one click. This is bussines to you maybe you lost a lot more from this site. But you have to ask your customers before increasing,  and they will withdraw their balance. This is  why i complain about. if there is a no satoshi  i still play this game because i love it. i hope you will open it again
The site will be open tomorrow, it'll remain offline for 24 hours only. Please read my previous post, it's written there as well.
ceferov

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 06:01:04 PM

I'm going to keep the site offline for 24 hours so you can see what's better (Also, want everyone of you who play the site read this message):

a) lowered rewards with the site fully functional,
b) no rewards at all. When you decide to help pay $5k for month then we can talk again, ok?
c) let you all withdraw your coins, shut down the site forever

Regarding the algos on virtualpub, none of them were made by me. You'll see that all of the sites which I made are running as they are intended: FaucetGame, PokeBits, CryptoRacers, RainPool, etc. (BF and GF were designed to make use of adsense, and had to be lowered after this was lost last year. But again, who cares about this, right? Just keep asking more and more).

Remember why and how I came to run this site. This isn't "my" site. I didn't code this site, I bought it for a few reasons.

Then the bitcoin price boomed, and this became unsustainable for me to continue running, this is when the USD automatic credit adjustment was added (this at the time lowered the credit price to about 1 credit = 0.3x satoshi, a 70% difference compared to the values tomos originally had going.

It's been a few months since then, and virtual pub is still operating on a loss. Do you know what that means? I've been paying you guys for 4 months mostly out of my pocket. The additional advertisements are not enough to recoup the amount paid over the last month.

So why was it lowered by another 50% today? Just look at the charts, this is all time highs that we've never seen before in Bitcoin. This affects people's psychology on a deep level, more specifically advertisers. Virtual pub's advertisement revenue got a small boost with the additional ads placed, however due to this bitcoin price it's gone back down to less than what it was before adding them. This is USD rates and not BTC rates.

I have an idea. A genius idea. Since I see a lot of highly intelligent users who're posting suggestions on how this site should be ran, how about I gift this site to you and make it a community site, so you guys run it instead? You'd need to pay out as well, though.

I'm not going to reply to any messages after this one.
If you like, feel free to rage in this topic and quit the site, or keep playing, it's up to you.

If you can't understand after this reply, then I'm seriously sorry. Roll Eyes

One user replied to this topic that this site will come to scam as soon as possible. But we supported you.  Said that mexicantarget is one of the most trusted users of this  forum.  And most trusted user shouldn't talk to his users like this. You could understand your users that they spent vey much to your site and you should explain the situation.  Excuse users and then say that you are sorry but site cant work like this and you should do this changes.   And what you are doing?  You turned site offline and sayibg you can go or stay do whatever you want

Nika5

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:48:11 PM

With impatience I will wait, when the site will be opened again. I like the game itself. I do not understand the indignation of users,  of course, Mexicantarget should not bear losses. This is done to ensure the stability of the site, it's very good that the admin takes care of this.

Sorry for my English.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:00:35 PM

Wait, what the hell.

Is this the case?

I didn't mean to cut your balances in half, all I did was halve future rewards.
Didn't mean to touch anyone's balances.

if that's the case, you've got every right to be mad at me and I'm gonna fix this when I get the site back up.

Also, for the time the site is down, I'm going after bots, ref fraud users and people who're doing damage to the site in non accepted ways.
uhro

Activity: 209

Join Cashbery Coin!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:06:58 PM

Wait, what the hell.

http://prntscr.com/g9bdqe

Is this the case?

I didn't mean to cut your balances in half, all I did was halve future rewards.
Didn't mean to touch anyone's balances.

if that's the case, you've got every right to be mad at me and I'm gonna fix this when I get the site back up.

Also, for the time the site is down, I'm going after bots, ref fraud users and people who're doing damage to the site in non accepted ways.

I think what he's saying is, the credits we are holding are SUDDENLY worth half.  Those credits we earned before you slashed the redeem value, and we can't cash them out at the old rate so you retroactively cut everyone's previous earnings by 50%, not just future earnings.

I had been waiting for bitcoin to drop a bit to cash out and now I'm stuck with ~350k credits which were worth twice as much earlier today than they are now.  Had I have know this was going to happen, I would have taken out my credit earlier.  So yes, you have retroactively cut my earning from before today in HALF because you gave us no warning.

●  CASHBERY COIN - TRANSACTION TOOL OF NEW GENERATION!
  ●  ALREADY ON THE EXCHANGE!
  ●  MAIN TOPIC  ●  GO TO SITE  ●  OUR TELEGRAM  ●  BOUNTY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: