Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:06:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Sell  (Read 72351 times)
natasha-lev

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:30:32 PM

If you're having doubts; always hodl Smiley

I always hodl:)
Waiting when it grows so much that I buy a house for my family)
kawser05

Activity: 181
Merit: 1

crypto lover

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 09:28:36 PM

it depends on the coin and it depends on the timing and it also depends on how much i have at stake.
if it is bitcoin we are talking about, i hold and even if i am trading and miss the selling target i never worry since it will be reached sooner or later.

but about altcoins i usually dump them as fast as i get the profit. for some coins it is 10% and for some of them it is 70% to 100% but if i see the rise is still going i can always buy back in one of the dips and get more profit. but i never wait around if i get the feeling that dump is nearing i will dump faster than anybody else can. and so far i have been successful to make profit.
thanks bro its really important.  and I also learn something in your opinion.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌     Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:03:35 AM

Its not a good idea to sell your bitcoin right now because bitcoin is currently recovering from the recent market correction. It is better to wait for some time  before selling.
Yes that is absolutely fine statement and I will second this. Reason is, recently bitcoins have a strong dip that took the price from $19k to $12k and then like every other time, bitcoins were just started coming back to the position and see they are. So better is to wait for the time until price rates just touch the highest point right now and only then you can sale for better profit.
vinz7229

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:11:12 AM

I usually analyze last some days. If it is a sudden increase, i would rather sell. But if it is gradually increasing, i will tend to hold.

you're right, some traders who are new in trading don't know how to handle their emotions they get panic already, instead wait for some days and see if still dump then it's time for you to make a decision, some traders sacrifice their coins just to save their profit but if you have a lot of profit to invest in other coins, then it's ok to hold your coins and wait for the time that your hold coins will pump up.
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:17:54 AM

There are many factors affect in selling decision. Normally, I often set an onw exit point for each coin. If the price can reach that target, I will sell immediately. However, If I realize the market continues rising, I will hold and sell at the higher level.

Only market actions affects me. Rumors are useless and I don't get into bear trap. I generally hold my coins until they reach the price I aimed in long run. When they hit that price, I sell some to make profit realization.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:39:18 PM

I usually analyze last some days. If it is a sudden increase, i would rather sell. But if it is gradually increasing, i will tend to hold.

you're right, some traders who are new in trading don't know how to handle their emotions they get panic already, instead wait for some days and see if still dump then it's time for you to make a decision, some traders sacrifice their coins just to save their profit but if you have a lot of profit to invest in other coins, then it's ok to hold your coins and wait for the time that your hold coins will pump up.
Don't let the panic seller make you decide to sell your coin when the price of crypto dump fastly. I usually wait the panic seller stop sell and bounce time (in trading, others called it's recover time - temporary - by the day trade or those who want to buy coin at cheap price because dumped mroe than 30-40% per day).

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
burong1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:49:35 AM

by this time i think the best way that im going to do in my bitcoin was im going hold it first until the price of bitcoin gets high because as far as i know is the bitcoin price now is at low price so that im going to hold it first, im not going to panic to sell my bitcoin because maybe tomorrow or in the future the price of bitcoin increase..

pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:46:57 AM

by this time i think the best way that im going to do in my bitcoin was im going hold it first until the price of bitcoin gets high because as far as i know is the bitcoin price now is at low price so that im going to hold it first, im not going to panic to sell my bitcoin because maybe tomorrow or in the future the price of bitcoin increase..
and where is the confidence that Bitcoin Tomorrow can rise even higher? To date, Bitcoin Leader of the world has been crypto-currency, but it definitely does not have the same value as it is today.
nofork_man

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:48:54 AM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
But what is your process in this? How do you go about hold and sell timings?
Holding only! From my experience only holding could give u enough money..
doyayipaku

Activity: 340

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:53:01 AM

If you want more money than you hold. If you take the time to surf, I think 10% is a good deal and you should sell and find other coins to surf.
Jrein23

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:55:28 AM

Its better to sense what the price would go, I know its very difficult but you can feel if the price would still go up. Not all the time this strategies work so better to have an expected margin before you sell, and not to be greedy all the time.
haster100

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:18:13 AM

It depends on the market and coin...
Sometimes hold is profitabale and sometimes take a small profit and sell is profitable..It is not constant always.
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:48:06 PM

hold and sell: hold when it is still in low price..be patient enough...if you have money it is high time to buy....sell when it is high value because it is the time that you will earn more profit

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:57:48 PM

these question is really dependable (e.g depends on the person and the situation ) you can sell if you reallly need it like for example theres an emergency and you badly need cash to pay or spend but if not then it is  really  advisable to hold and prolong it for a  much better gains. in my case i usually sell off my coins due to some reasons like i need to pay the weekly bills for the house rent and to the money that i lend last year but im still planning to hodl soon if these things have sorted out because i still have a plan for my future.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:48:47 PM

hold and sell: hold when it is still in low price..be patient enough...if you have money it is high time to buy....sell when it is high value because it is the time that you will earn more profit
This is really hard because we tend to not keep calm when the price goes down and I make a lot of mistakes keeping. For me it is best to keep and do not see the price per day because if we view the psychological price we will be affected

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
cepedacharles

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:54:27 PM

For me personally, we have to set our own targets so we do not feel disappointed. so suppose you have a target of 5% and the coin has already reached 5% you have to sell it even though the coin will rise again, that's just my way of trading. Everyone else has a different way, my way of not disappointing my heart because we have a target for ourselves.
ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:13:17 PM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
But what is your process in this? How do you go about hold and sell timings?

I prefer to hold your coin until the profit reaches more than 25% is enough, do not be greedy because it will cause you to get stuck in the expensive price, so just take advantage of it. but if you want to try to hold more for longer than that it's up to you.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:06:43 PM

For me personally, we have to set our own targets so we do not feel disappointed. so suppose you have a target of 5% and the coin has already reached 5% you have to sell it even though the coin will rise again, that's just my way of trading. Everyone else has a different way, my way of not disappointing my heart because we have a target for ourselves.

I understand and I agree with you, we have to set our own goals and act according to that.
I am a holder, my goal is to buy as much as I can and hold everything until right time comes.
   Selling now is like giving away something worthy for much less money than you can earn if you
just wait longer. Not each of us can wait, every person have some needs and if you need money
you need to sell, but if you can wait it is better to save in crypto-currencies.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:35:57 AM

If you want more money than you hold. If you take the time to surf, I think 10% is a good deal and you should sell and find other coins to surf.
Holding and selling, they both have their own pros and cons. If you consider only holding and you don’t put your hard efforts in seeing the market and observing what are the conditions now and then, believe me you’re holding will be useless and it will not be giving you anything worthy.

While in you are just selling without any research of market, they loss is there. So better is to put your hard concern in anything you do.
polonez

Activity: 392
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:50:48 AM

From my experience I say that it is best not to sell a coin ... In any case, it will grow several dozen times at least within a year
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: