Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:11:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371085 times)
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:19:56 AM

I'm voting 500,000 and I only own 200,000. Half a million seems about right though. I want to buy another 300,000- hell, I want to buy a full million- but I still have one point of concern.

How come we never see CCRevolution? The videos are just shots of the computer screen. Seems like if I were super-excited about being a part of a project I'd want to associate my name and face with it. How come we never see Borzalom? Ethereum is what it is because of Vitalik and his sunken face is everywhere.

I'm not saying that makes this a scam. I wouldn't have put $200 in if I thought that. I am saying that that is representative of a scam. Do you think you could dispel this concern CC, so I can run and buy some more XBY while it's still cheap?

Have you seen the face of BTC creator? Do you even know who he/she is? Do you think BTC is a scam?

In a more serious mood, not all people like publicity. Or maybe they will reveal themselves in a future video
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EbenTheva

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:27:21 AM

What they have done so far, proves that they are real..I have put my trust behind these two..
Having said that I can understand the concerns raised by others, because far too many have been taken to the cleaners ..
FucksWithFire

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:39:35 AM

Oh, I absolutely think BTC is a scam.  Wink  Seriously, $1400? It's nuts.

No, I guess what I'm saying is that this space is rife with conmen. We all know that. Hell, CCRevolution himself said this coin started when they got scammed. It's just a fact, if you're buying altcoins without your guard up you are going to get taken.

Point is, I've made my peace with the absence of a whitepaper. I'm alright too with there being no explorer. It's early days. I'd just like to have some loose idea who the people are that I'm entrusting with a sizable amount of my savings.

I like this project a lot. I do. I like all that I've heard and I like the community. But I'm a custodian. My money was hard to come by and needs protecting.
keyboardwalking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 05:56:11 AM

We are growing Smiley Congratulations to all community Smiley Great work!

why would you screencap that? makes xby look worse, thats yobit pumpndump tier %'s
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 06:30:12 AM

Proof of Signature Basic Introduction

The PoSign Mining is very easy to understand.

Each client (STaTiC Node) sees the same transactions and therefore each block is equally visible by the entire network. The STaTiC Nodes job with regard to the consensus is to simply sign the blocks. If any STaTiC tries to sign a fake block, the other STaTiC's will blacklist it and continue signing the VALID blocks.

For example:

Let's say there are 100 STaTiC Nodes online across the network and 1 tries to create a block that contains fake information (such as; fake transaction or bad blockhash etc...) This fake/bad block hash will be different than the other 99 hashes and therefore the other 99 clients (STaTiC Nodes) will send a warn/repair RPC message to the "bad" client. If the "bad" STaTiC Node repairs the block then the hash will become the same as the other 99. If it doesn't repair it and instead tries to resend over and over, the other nodes will eventually blacklist the STaTiC.

All other nodes (non STaTiC nodes) will see the last block that signed and how many STaTiCs accepted.

In comparison; Bitcoin and all other coins have only one untrusted, randomly selected node that signs and creates the block. With XBY, each block is created and signed by all the currently ONLINE STaTiC Nodes.

With XtraBYtes, there is no POW or POS mining to sign and verify the blocks. As we said, each online STaTiC signs and this is where you start to see the power of PoSign... Because, this means there are more signatures and more signatures = more security. Nobody can know all private keys from the STaTiC Nodes and therefore it is impossible to create fake STaTiC signed blocks.

At this point, we have ONLY 1 STaTiC node controlling XBY and the network is fast and secure...

After more STaTiCs have been registered on the network, XBY will be better than ALL other coins in the crypto world.

At this point, nobody really understands what is really happening here... We are developing THE COIN Wink This is the LATEST INNOVATION in BLOCKCHAIN technolgy and our man Borzalom is the Genius Mastermind who thought of it.

So, to summarize:

If Bitcoin security is 100% (with untrusted nodes signing the blocks) How much more powerful is XBY when it is also (100% + the use of trusted nodes) * the number of STaTiC Nodes? Like I said... he was blowing my mind when he was explaining all this to me a few nights ago.

Congratulations to all of you who are already with XtraBYtes... You are way ahead of the people who will be coming on board soon.... VERY SOON...

I have a few questions about the specifics of your consensus algorithm.

I generally approach consensus algorithms from a few angles:
-What are the attack vectors (both in stalling consensus and in reversing established consensus)
-How is power distributed (and what effects does that have on censorship)
-How does it impact scalability (both in transaction volume and number of users)

With those main ideas in mind:
1. How does someone actually become a STaTiC node? Do they have to go through the developer, can they set it up themselves?
2. How do you ensure that each STaTiC node sees the same transactions? Further to that point, if I send two transactions that conflict with one another, and some STaTiC nodes see the first and some see the second, how do they come to agreement which transaction is the legitimate one?
3. What constitutes a 'fake' block?
4. How do normal nodes know who the STaTiC nodes actually are, to verify the signatures against? How do thin clients do it?
5. Are blocks deterministic (i.e. everyone on the network at any point would be able to construct an identical block)?
6. It appears every STaTiC node is able to independently create identical blocks, is that true?
7. What is the threshold for normal nodes to accept a block as valid (99% of STaTiC signatures? 51%?)
8. What prevents the creation of an alternative history if someone compromises the original private key of the first STaTiC node? Is the network only weakly-subjective?

This is one of the RARE occasions we will post with Borzaloms English. Anyone can see from his history that this is him...

I do not have time to convert this to easily understandable English at this time because we are busy preparing the announcements.

However, I do not want this to go unanswered because it is troll food and all of you deserve to have the best chance at winning here at XtraBYtes.

Thank you for understanding, Borzalom and I will update this post ASAP.

[3:46:20 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864397.msg18775624#msg18775624
[3:46:46 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: That is a very heavy question... We will not have time to answer this tonight I dont think... unless you can make it very simple.
[3:46:50 PM] Borzalom: 1 working. maybe just a hour needed
[3:47:35 PM] Borzalom: I like heavy questions
[5:09:07 PM] Borzalom: Here is the answers:
[5:09:13 PM | Edited 5:09:51 PM] Borzalom: This is a first very- very good question. Therefore firstly I thank your contribution. I love the hard constructive technical questions.

1.) need deposit ( own address ) + need registration + long online time need after registration ( until old STaTiC-s accept the new STaTiC-s )
Difference the now and later the first registration ( between 25.000 - 50.000 blocks ) don't need the long online time and old STaTiC-s acception.
After registration code released then don't need developer. Maybe some code fixes but no more. And of course this is experimental therefore
if don't work the original plan then consensus maybe will change.

2.) The "chord" type internal routing between the STaTiC-s ensure the communication. Example If the hash of transaction is begin the 0x1
then the 0x1 STaTiC will the root who first validate and accept this transaction. If you sent the conflicted transactions then the first
will accepted or both will denied. The target STaTiC-s will decide this. I say again, this is expermental therefore i don't know exactly
the best solution. We will see how to work and if need then i will change the protocol. This is a top reason why no whitebook.

3.) Very difficult to answer. Of course lot of checking needed. Better question that what is the good block. If any block not good then that is fake.
Each STaTiC need to make consensus and need exactly 100% same block accepted. If the all accepted transactions broadcasted between the STaTiC-s then
the transactions of block will be equal therefore block has also will equal. ( just signature will the difference )

4.) STaTiC registration will ensure the public keys of STaTiC-s. The key revoke will work simile. All emitted and revoked key stored to blockchain.
nonSTaTiC nodes download the blockcahin and after done the download then will see all STaTiC public key and see also if the public key revoked.

5.) YES. The nonSTaTiC nodes created the blocks too but not broadcast. Each nonSTaTiC node validate the signed block and compare that the self
generated block. Therefore if any STaTiC try generate false blocks then nonSTaTiC nodes will recognise too.

6.) YES. See above. All node is able to independently create identical blocks not just STaTiC. Difference between nodes:  the STaTiC is able to signing too.

7.) Some STaTiC online and some offline therefore no exact number how many needed. After offline STaTiC go to online then will signing
the all unsigned blocks. This work like the confirmation of transactions. Each client decide yourself how many signatures needed to accept
the block. Now just one STaTiC working therefore very easy this number is one and 100%. Need expermence founding the best ratio and number.
After all newly registered STaTiC begin the work we will see how many online and offline at a time. I don't know this number exactly before STaTiC.

8.) The first static is just temporary. Required this fast patch because nobody want mining zero rewarded blocks. After STaTiC registration success then
i will burning the checkpoint to source code. The first temporary STaTiC will be removed.
[5:28:07 PM] Borzalom: ----
[5:28:09 PM] Borzalom: remark:
These answers valid at now. This is experimental coin. If required i change the plans. Remember why no white book. Just the goal fixed. We want STaTiC nodes, community owned coin and code, community data storage system, new block signing method. I personaly want very very big community who help me reaching the goals. I know this is big goal but i hope i have enought experience and knowledge to reache these goals. I say every time This is not tipical investment money this is experimental money. I don't richer or poor if you bought or sell. This is not my money i just the developer who experimenting. I think my first goal to save investor money who invested to bitmox successed. This is a next step. I don't guarante to this next experimence will als success or not.
[6:47:41 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: Hello, I just finished the video...
[6:47:47 PM] Borzalom: ok
[6:50:15 PM] -- CCRevolution -- $: I am going to post your response as is... there is no time. So, here is how I will preceed:

Thanks for the answers.

How does the network know when to produce a new block? A decentralized network like this can't keep a reliable timestamp--for example, Bitcoin has a timestamp that can be about ±2 hours, and that timestamp is embedded by miners into the block they mine.

Also, how do you ensure that all nodes truly do see all the same transactions? While distributed networks like these generally work in a flood-fill-like manner, all kinds of things can cause nodes on the network to have a slightly different mempool. If all nodes on distributed networks truly had identical mempools, we wouldn't be having discussions about block propagation on Bitcoin, or they would be significantly different and less interesting (see https://gist.github.com/gavinandresen/e20c3b5a1d4b97f79ac2 for example).

To clarify a bit on the 'transaction contention' issue, here's an illustration:

Assume the existence of two transactions which conflict with one another (but are each independently valid), Tx1 and Tx2.

Purple nodes are normal STaTiC nodes, red ones are regular or STaTiC nodes controlled by the attacker.

The attacker node on the right releases Tx1 and the blue nodes are the STaTiC nodes which are aware that Tx1 exists on the network.

The attacker node on the left releases Tx2 and the green nodes are the STaTiC nodes which are aware that Tx2 exists on the network.

The remaining nodes on the network all hear about either Tx1 or Tx2. At this point, some STaTiC nodes believe Tx1 to be legitimate and others believe Tx2 to be legitimate, and can't reconcile without abandoning what they believe to be truth. It could be said that, once a block containing either Tx1 or Tx2 reaches 51% signature threshold, that the other STaTiC nodes would reconcile. But then the attack vector still exists: what about 3 attacker nodes and Tx1, Tx2, Tx3 which all conflict? And you can't just change the signature threshold to 34%, because then the reconciliation problem moves up to the block level. And on that note: if you choose 51%, then control of a few STaTiC nodes could double-sign and potentially cause desynchronization.

On the note of compromising the original STaTiC node, it would theoretically allow a separate, perfectly-valid blockchain separately. Since at block, say, bn only the single STaTiC node was relied on, then compromising it would allow creating a block bn+1, and a block bn+2, etc. And since none of these blocks on the attacker chain would include commitments of additional STaTiC nodes, that blockchain would only ever have that single authority, and could be created to arbitrary depth effortlessly.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
realistic1

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:37:49 AM

XBY is very busy this weekend, please wait for answers to your questions till later. You are asking too many question at one time, it would take the developer away from his work. He did answer your last  'batch' of questions.

The developer is on slack. Can't you just go there and PM him?
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 06:40:05 AM

XBY is very busy this weekend, please wait for answers to your questions till later. You are asking too many question at one time, it would take the developer away from his work. He did answer your last  'batch' of questions.

Sure, I'm not in any rush. These questions might be important for the developer to at least read though even if he doesn't have time to actually compose a response.

galixxx

Activity: 149

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:43:05 AM

what does that mean exactly? --> "...If you ever remove them, the MASTER NODE will break and you will not get it back. The reason for this is that this is only available between blocks 25,000 and 50,000, which will end very soon..."
realistic1

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:44:15 AM

XBY is very busy this weekend, please wait for answers to your questions till later. You are asking too many question at one time, it would take the developer away from his work. He did answer your last  'batch' of questions.

Sure, I'm not in any rush. These questions might be important for the developer to at least read though even if he doesn't have time to actually compose a response.

What is your interest? Intellectual curiosity? You want to develop similar ideas into your coin (imitation is the best form of flatter etc) Or maybe are you interested in joining the project? Debunking what you think won't work?
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 06:48:17 AM

What is your interest? Intellectual curiosity? You want to develop similar ideas into your coin (imitation is the best form of flatter etc) Or maybe are you interested in joining the project? Debunking what you think won't work?

Vorsholk is very good person. no need start fight here.
realistic1

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:03:21 AM

He seems very knowledgable so I wondered if he might want to join the project. Who's starting a fight? I just asked why he was interested in the project.
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 07:16:50 AM

Thanks cyberhacker Smiley

It's mainly intellectual curiosity, I specialize in consensus-related technologies and I also don't want to see someone spend a bunch of time building a solution that they eventually find won't work—been there, done that. The hope is that the developer with either have some sort of solution to these problems, or that asking these questions will help him/her realize that some ideas might not work and adjust accordingly.

There has already been significant thought put into consensus algorithms and getting around a lot of potential problems. Communication isn't instant (so transactions propagate unevenly and unreliably), nodes aren't always online, and people will actively try to attack the network. It isn't possible to have all nodes with completely synchronized clocks and identical mempools at every tick of those clocks. The ability for one individual party to be responsible for creating the next block (and a competitive environment where no one produces all or most of them) solves these issues—someone dictates truth in a way that everyone else can agree. A lot of alternative consensus algorithms or ideas for them end up having issues with deadlock (where the network is left in a state of permanent disagreement, and effectively breaks into two pieces which may or may not be able to continue to run independently).

If communication was instant (where a transaction arrived instantly at all nodes simultaneously) and guaranteed to be delivered to all participants, we wouldn't even need blockchains: all nodes would know that all other protocol-adherent nodes also received the same data at the same time, so no one needs to establish 'truth' or mediate mutually exclusive events, because they couldn't have both been sent simultaneously and so the order in which they appeared would dictate precedence. A bootstrapping node would of course have some trouble, but connecting to tons of nodes and comparing the entire transaction history given by each would likely solve this to a reasonable degree (and this problem exists with PoS coins anyway, 'weak subjectivity').

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:27:41 AM

This very  nice  communication with borzalom in fact.

give him some time, i think he is willing to tell us more.

anyway, very promising here.
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:42:30 AM

Great questions indeed, I noticed one of the images isn't loading.
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 08:15:21 AM

Bought more coins to keep for long term . I have very good feeling about the future of this coin Smiley
DejwidK

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:41:45 AM

Bought more coins to keep for long term . I have very good feeling about the future of this coin Smiley

Me too! I already hodl 200k and now I bought some more. Just step by step and the community and this coin will grow Smiley
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:42:25 AM

I'm voting 500,000 and I only own 200,000. Half a million seems about right though. I want to buy another 300,000- hell, I want to buy a full million- but I still have one point of concern.

How come we never see CCRevolution? The videos are just shots of the computer screen. Seems like if I were super-excited about being a part of a project I'd want to associate my name and face with it. How come we never see Borzalom? Ethereum is what it is because of Vitalik and his sunken face is everywhere.

I'm not saying that makes this a scam. I wouldn't have put $200 in if I thought that. I am saying that that is representative of a scam. Do you think you could dispel this concern CC, so I can run and buy some more XBY while it's still cheap?

Oh, I absolutely think BTC is a scam.  Wink  Seriously, $1400? It's nuts.

No, I guess what I'm saying is that this space is rife with conmen. We all know that. Hell, CCRevolution himself said this coin started when they got scammed. It's just a fact, if you're buying altcoins without your guard up you are going to get taken.

Point is, I've made my peace with the absence of a whitepaper. I'm alright too with there being no explorer. It's early days. I'd just like to have some loose idea who the people are that I'm entrusting with a sizable amount of my savings.

I like this project a lot. I do. I like all that I've heard and I like the community. But I'm a custodian. My money was hard to come by and needs protecting.

Lopchi

Activity: 207

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:48:46 AM

@str4wm4n, i resized your logo to use as avatar. Hope you don't mind.

CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:26:31 AM

It's mainly intellectual curiosity, I specialize in consensus-related technologies and I also don't want to see someone spend a bunch of time building a solution that they eventually find won't work—been there, done that. The hope is that the developer with either have some sort of solution to these problems, or that asking these questions will help him/her realize that some ideas might not work and adjust accordingly.

There has already been significant thought put into consensus algorithms and getting around a lot of potential problems. Communication isn't instant (so transactions propagate unevenly and unreliably), nodes aren't always online, and people will actively try to attack the network. It isn't possible to have all nodes with completely synchronized clocks and identical mempools at every tick of those clocks. The ability for one individual party to be responsible for creating the next block (and a competitive environment where no one produces all or most of them) solves these issues—someone dictates truth in a way that everyone else can agree. A lot of alternative consensus algorithms or ideas for them end up having issues with deadlock (where the network is left in a state of permanent disagreement, and effectively breaks into two pieces which may or may not be able to continue to run independently).

If communication was instant (where a transaction arrived instantly at all nodes simultaneously) and guaranteed to be delivered to all participants, we wouldn't even need blockchains: all nodes would know that all other protocol-adherent nodes also received the same data at the same time, so no one needs to establish 'truth' or mediate mutually exclusive events, because they couldn't have both been sent simultaneously and so the order in which they appeared would dictate precedence. A bootstrapping node would of course have some trouble, but connecting to tons of nodes and comparing the entire transaction history given by each would likely solve this to a reasonable degree (and this problem exists with PoS coins anyway, 'weak subjectivity').

Thank you again for your great questions!

Borzalom has just explained all this to me and there will be an answer that I believe you will be very happy with. He addressed these issues you mention a year ago and found a solution.

Now, I do not have time to translate everything and he does not want to post another reply on the forum like the last one, it is too hard for people to understand. For me, I have been awake far longer than I should be and I need to get some sleep because we will stop the voting tonight and I still have things to complete.

I will just give a hint: Virtual Chord Network.

Jaerky

Activity: 187

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:14:25 PM

Thank you again for your great questions!

Borzalom has just explained all this to me and there will be an answer that I believe you will be very happy with. He addressed these issues you mention a year ago and found a solution.

Now, I do not have time to translate everything and he does not want to post another reply on the forum like the last one, it is too hard for people to understand. For me, I have been awake far longer than I should be and I need to get some sleep because we will stop the voting tonight and I still have things to complete.

I will just give a hint: Virtual Chord Network.

Vorksholk, join the Slack. The project could use someone with your experience. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: