Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:36:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371085 times)
dac10

Activity: 557
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 08:22:45 PM

Hey can I buy 100k xby from someone here? I have trouble with the exchange sites  Undecided I will transfer 140€ to your private bank account! And if this first deal is good I will buy even more  Grin Please write a private message to me  Smiley Also if anybody wants to share a little bit and help: B4daFqjn4HKgrmHVodobN9Xxf3UHXwBtKU -> thanks a lot!

XtryBYtes wil rise  Cool
My friend, you're a little weird here... What does it mean, "I have problems with exchange sites?"
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sanchoni25

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

I accept XBY/XFUEL

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 08:42:10 PM

My friend, you're a little weird here... What does it mean, "I have problems with exchange sites?"

I can't deposit fiat money or BTC on c-cex or yobit because first I need accounts on sites like payeer, mymoneypolo but they are very slow..
I sent them all my documents for verification but it takes like 48 hours and until then I can't buy anything BTC or xby and I also registered on sites like coinbase.com and btcdirect.eu to be able to buy BTC instantly with credit card but those sites do not work correctly and also want verfication before I buy but it takes so much time  Sad

I know this is a chance in a lifetime and I am rather poor so I thought I could put all my little savings in this great coin but I didn't know it was this hard to get any crypto and now it just hurts

dac10

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 08:54:52 PM

I can't deposit fiat money or BTC on c-cex or yobit because first I need accounts on sites like payeer, mymoneypolo but they are very slow..
I sent them all my documents for verification but it takes like 48 hours and until then I can't buy anything BTC or xby and I also registered on sites like coinbase.com and btcdirect.eu to be able to buy BTC instantly with credit card but those sites do not work correctly and also want verfication before I buy but it takes so much time  Sad

I know this is a chance in a lifetime and I am rather poor so I thought I could put all my little savings in this great coin but I didn't know it was this hard to get any crypto and now it just hurts
In 2014 when I talked to my Btc friends, they laughed, they ignored me, they now ask me questions about Btc. You make me laugh...
Sanchoni25

I accept XBY/XFUEL

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:03:39 PM

So if anybody can sell me xby please contact me I really would appreciate it  Smiley I wish all involved in XtraBYtes the best and I know you guys will have great success  Wink And I really want to be part of this team  Sad

rule144

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:10:39 PM

I also want to join XBY but I have no idea how to put money on yobit or c-cex from my credit card  Cry It's my first time trying to buy a crypto and I don't have BTC Huh Somebody help me please!

I use coinbase to purchase BTC/ETH ... if you have existing bitcoins, then shapeshift (multiple coin types available) and send your BTC to yo or cex and then purchase XBY. 
Sanchoni25

I accept XBY/XFUEL

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:34:24 PM

I use coinbase to purchase BTC/ETH ... if you have existing bitcoins, then shapeshift (multiple coin types available) and send your BTC to yo or cex and then purchase XBY. 

Sadly I still don't have any bitcoin in 2017..

I live in Germany this means I can NOT use coinbase -> https://www.coinbase.com/global

Every EU country is supported except for Germany and France  Huh I don't know what they are thinking seriously

smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:41:17 PM

Well we reached the first milestone!

Xtrabytes broke the 1 Million dollar cap today  Cool
dac10

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:46:47 PM

XBY, still very low price, buy now to not cry later..
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:11:02 PM

Too bad I didn't get early in this ship. I just sold some coins, Still made a good profit and kept about half of my coins for long term. Go xby team!
Choosewise

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:12:24 PM

The new website's pretty nice, seems like some actual progress is being made.

vanfly

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:22:28 PM

Hi all,

I'll be ramping up our social media presence this coming week, and finishing off our FAQ bot that will be linked to various services.

Please follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/XBYOfficial

Great to see so much discussion in here, and excellent to see comments of people impressed with the progress we are making.
CCNCCN

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:55:49 PM

XBY is very busy this weekend, please wait for answers to your questions till later. You are asking too many question at one time, it would take the developer away from his work. He did answer your last  'batch' of questions.

Sure, I'm not in any rush. These questions might be important for the developer to at least read though even if he doesn't have time to actually compose a response.

What is your interest? Intellectual curiosity? You want to develop similar ideas into your coin (imitation is the best form of flatter etc) Or maybe are you interested in joining the project? Debunking what you think won't work?

Vorsholk is very good person. no need start fight here.

Thanks cyberhacker Smiley

It's mainly intellectual curiosity, I specialize in consensus-related technologies and I also don't want to see someone spend a bunch of time building a solution that they eventually find won't work—been there, done that. The hope is that the developer with either have some sort of solution to these problems, or that asking these questions will help him/her realize that some ideas might not work and adjust accordingly.

There has already been significant thought put into consensus algorithms and getting around a lot of potential problems. Communication isn't instant (so transactions propagate unevenly and unreliably), nodes aren't always online, and people will actively try to attack the network. It isn't possible to have all nodes with completely synchronized clocks and identical mempools at every tick of those clocks. The ability for one individual party to be responsible for creating the next block (and a competitive environment where no one produces all or most of them) solves these issues—someone dictates truth in a way that everyone else can agree. A lot of alternative consensus algorithms or ideas for them end up having issues with deadlock (where the network is left in a state of permanent disagreement, and effectively breaks into two pieces which may or may not be able to continue to run independently).

If communication was instant (where a transaction arrived instantly at all nodes simultaneously) and guaranteed to be delivered to all participants, we wouldn't even need blockchains: all nodes would know that all other protocol-adherent nodes also received the same data at the same time, so no one needs to establish 'truth' or mediate mutually exclusive events, because they couldn't have both been sent simultaneously and so the order in which they appeared would dictate precedence. A bootstrapping node would of course have some trouble, but connecting to tons of nodes and comparing the entire transaction history given by each would likely solve this to a reasonable degree (and this problem exists with PoS coins anyway, 'weak subjectivity').

Vorsholk thank you for posting and bringing some debate on key issues, interested in answers to your questions too!

For everyone:

Slack invite is still working for those interested: 
https://young-basin-20186.herokuapp.com/
menhin

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:59:06 PM

I sent them all my documents for verification but it takes like 48 hours and until then I can't buy anything BTC or xby and I also registered on sites like coinbase.com and btcdirect.eu to be able to buy BTC instantly with credit card but those sites do not work correctly and also want verfication before I buy but it takes so much time  Sad

You can Buy BTC with lykke platform, just need acount and valiade creditcard tu buy USD in the lykke wallet......... and than you buy BTC and send to anywhere on the planet Smiley
CCNCCN

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:15:45 PM

Sadly I still don't have any bitcoin in 2017..

I live in Germany this means I can NOT use coinbase -> https://www.coinbase.com/global

Every EU country is supported except for Germany and France  Huh I don't know what they are thinking seriously
Sancho come on our slack - i'm not sure if we can work it out but let us try.  Try local bitcoin exchanges (https://localbitcoins.com/)

Slack invite :  
https://young-basin-20186.herokuapp.com/
dac10

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:17:08 PM

These are the COMPLETE steps in setting up a STaTiC Node with Windows:
(currently being UPDATED and posted to hold top spot on this page - this message will disappear when complete)

1.) Download XtraBYtes Wallet (this is a temporary link https://ufile.io/w6xup:

a.) Create a directory, such as XBY wherever you want in your computer. In this example we use the D drive.
              b.) Save the wallet in its own directory (ie. D:\XBY ) [Make whatever path you want, but this example uses this sequence.]
              c.) Run wallet and allow the blockchain to sync [Go to RECEIVE coins and copy-paste your address to notepad.]
              d.) You can transfer spendable coins to this wallet if you have extra (rather than leaving on exchange) [Do Not Send STaTiC Node Coins here if buying the exact amounts because each transfer has a fee of 100 XBY and you will pay extra fees because this is NOT the deposit wallet for the STaTiC node.]
              e.) Close the wallet

This will be your MAIN wallet that you can hold spendable coins in, so its like your MAIN bank account.

2.) Creating Deposit Wallet:

a.) Open cmd window [Start button > Type cmd in Search Programs and Files (click enter)]
              b.) Type the following commands: d: (click enter) cd d:\XBY (click enter)
              c.) Type the following commands: mkdir staticnode (click enter) [This just created a new directory called "staticnode" in your XBY folder.]
              d.) Type the following commands: w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode (click enter) [Now a new version of the XtraBYtes wallet will start and this will be empty (assuming you have coins in your MAIN "spendable" wallet) and therefore it is a completely different wallet.]
              e.) Copy-paste your RECEIVE address (to notepad) and IDENTIFY it as your DEPOSIT wallet.
              f.) Close the wallet.

NOTICE - DO NOT CLOSE CMD WINDOW [Unless you want to type all the commands again later.]

3. Creating STaTiC Node Wallet:

a.)  In cmd window, type the following commands: mkdir staticnodeS (click enter) [Please notice the name of the directory now... this is the STaTiC directory staticnode(S) and it correlates with the Deposit directory staticnode (you can name these whatever you wish, but this seems logical and easy to follow, so we did it this way for new users to easily understand. So, the additional S is the key to notice here..)]
              b.) Type the following commands: w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnodeS (click enter) [Now a new version of the XtraBYtes wallet will start and this will be empty (this will ALWAYS be empty because the S at the end of the file identifies it as your actual STaTiC wallet) so again, it is a completely different wallet.]
              c.) You do not need the RECEIVE address for this wallet, it will never have coins sent to it.
              d.) Close the wallet

4.) Sending XBY to your DEPOSIT Address:

a.) Go back to your notepad and copy the wallet address which is identified as your DEPOSIT wallet.
              b.) Option 1 - Send exact amount of coins directly from C-CEX to Deposit Address. * Option 2 -Send available coins from SPENDABLE WALLET [original MAIN wallet] to your Deposit wallet.

Option 1:
              i) Go to C-CEX and do a transfer of 1.000.100 XBY to the address that is pasted in your notepad [Your DEPOSIT WALLET.]

Option 2:
              i) Make sure no wallets are open and navigate (normally) to your XBY folder. [not through the cmd options].
              ii) Open MAIN wallet by clicking on the w6xup-xtrabytes-qt (ICON) in your XBY directory. [Just like you would open any other QT wallet.]
              iii) Send 1.000.100 to the address pasted in your notepad [Your DEPOSIT WALLET.]
              iv) Exit your MAIN wallet

5.) Registering Your STaTiC Node:

a.) Go back to the cmd window [if you closed it, start with the initial commands noted above]
              b.) Click the UP arrow on your keyboard and this brings up the last command entered (this saves you typing time) and simply change the last letter of the command. [The last command (if you did not close) was w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnodeS and this is your STaTiC wallet. Remove the S as the end so you have w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode and then click enter. This will open your Deposit Wallet again and if not already done, you must allow it to sync.]
              c.) You should have 1.000.100 XBY in this wallet now (If not, you have made a mistake... you MUST have EXACTLY 1.000.100 XBY) and now you click Register STaTiC node on the TOP bar of the wallet.
              d.) If everything is OK, you will see: Press the [Get New Keypairs] button ! At the bottom left, press the button and then follow the onscreen instructions EXACTLY as they are written... this is for YOUR security.
              e.) Next you will see: Friendly name (non-computerized) of STaTiC node and spendable wallet address is optional, but suggested. which means you can call your STaTiC node: Henry or Martha or S1... etc. and the spendable wallet is where you can enter the address of your EARNINGS wallet (as opposed to your MAIN) wallet if you wish to keep your SHOCKs (rewards) separate from your MAIN spendable wallet. [In other words, the SHOCKs will default to your MAIN wallet if you do not enter this field.]
              f.) When finished, you click at the bottom right: Register STaTiC node (this is currently disabled during our testing period, so you can do this process several times to make sure you do not make mistakes when it time to actually REGISTER for REAL.
              g.) Next step after this will be to backup your wallet.dat and also go into the: Help > Debug window > Console (of the wallet) and at the bottom you enter dumpprivkey (space - a space, not the words and brackets) and then you enter your Deposit address and click enter. This will give you the private key of the wallet.
              h.) On a notepad you should have the following: Deposit wallet address, private key from Deposit wallet address, plus the KEYPAIRS created by the STaTiC registration system. This information is GOLD... you MUST print this, also make backup copies on stick and also on the stick you must also save your wallet.dat file. Then you REMOVE this information AND your Deposit wallet from your computer (this is after successful registration of the STaTiC... so we do not do this now during test phase.) However, definitely make BACKUPS of of everything now... removal will come after the STaTiC system is launched and live for you.

OPTIONAL

6.) Creating EARNINGS Wallet:

a.) Type the following commands: mkdir earnings (click enter) [Please notice the name of the directory now... this is the EARNINGS directory and this is where you could send all your SHOCK earnings if you wish to keep them separate from your MAIN SPENDABLE wallet.]
              d.) Type the following commands: w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=earnings (click enter) [Now a new version of the XtraBYtes wallet will start and this will be empty (assuming you have coins in your MAIN "spendable" wallet) and therefore it is a completely different wallet.]
              e.) Copy-paste your RECEIVE address and IDENTIFY it as your EARNINGS wallet.
              f.) You can use this wallet address for your STaTiC registration and if you have multiple wallets, you can use this same address for all your SHOCK rewards to be deposited from each of your STaTiC nodes.
              g.) Close the wallet

For additional STaTiC Nodes, you can follow the same steps above with the exception that you must use different names, such as:

mkdir staticnode2
mkdir staticnode2S
mkdir staticnode3
mkdir staticnode3S
mkdir staticnode4
mkdir staticnode4S and so on to however many you will have... and this must be completed with the other section of the commands with:

w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2
w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2S
w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode3
w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode3S
w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode4
w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode4S in order to start each wallet for the appropriate steps as explained above.

Just remember that the wallet with the S at the end if the STaTiC wallet and it will NEVER receive any coins.

This is the wallet that will be online and since there are no coins in it, this is another layer of protection for the XtraBYtes network because there is nothing to gain by hacking a wallet.

Moving between wallets:

If you do not close the windows cmd box, this is very easy because you can just click the up arrow on your keyboard to bring up the last command, which was to open a wallet (w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode). So, you just change the ID of the wallet (w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2 etc.) and click enter. Otherwise, you will have to re-type all the command prompts to get the directory opened again and then you will finish with entering the open command for whatever wallet you want, such as w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode or w6xupxtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2 etc.

Also Note:

We discovered that you do not have to send all 1.000.000 coins in 1 transaction. The system will recognize multiple transactions that eventually add up to 1 million XBY. Just keep in mind you are paying a 100 XBY fee for each transfer you do and you must have EXACTLY 1.000.100 in your Deposit wallet. If you have 1.000.101 or 1.000.100.78658877 you will not be able to register.

And remember, This is ONLY a TEST SYSTEM... the wallet works, but the STaTiC registration system cannot be completed. So, test it and play with it....

Thank you!!

Disclaimer:

OK, I normally get Borzalom to verify technical stuff but I think this is correct. If there are any mistakes I will correct the instructions and if we need anything else added, I will edit and add... He is not available very much today but I will message him and he will let me know if it is OK or not ASAP. I am posting this because you all are waiting...  

Please note the part above just about not having to send all 1 million in a single transaction. So, please do a small test (or wait 'til later) of like 500 XBY before you transfer the whole lot... This is always recommended but especially since these instructions are NOT VERIFIED by Borzalom.

I look at the video, CCRevolution! The explanation here is somewhat complicated.
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:26:58 PM

@CCRevolution

You might want to create an official XBY twitter account, good place for promoting crypto and posting updates.

Noticed the twitter link in the main post goes to a non existent twitter page
vanfly

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:30:40 PM

@CCRevolution

You might want to create an official XBY twitter account, good place for promoting crypto and posting updates.

Noticed the twitter link in the main post goes to a non existent twitter page

This now exists here https://twitter.com/XBYOfficial. CCRevolution will update the OP when he gets a chance.
TreeAcid

Activity: 224

What's in the Magic bottle?

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 12:49:06 AM

YO THIS NEW XBY IS THE DANK SHIT HOMIE  Shocked Shocked
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 12:59:31 AM

Hello XtraBYters!!

What a fantastic debate we have all participated in over the last 48 hours. Thank you all for your participation and for taking ownership on all levels of your XtraBYtes Community Corporation.

What we have ended up with here is the following:

We also considered all opinions and votes written on the forum because we learned that "newbie" level members were unable to vote (which is why Mica3006 set up the other poll) So, this was taken more as opinions (rather than votes) because we also needed to avoid double voting.

At the end of the day... we have decided that the vote really was as close to being down the middle as can be, especially considering many people also wanted Borzaloms opinion and his opinion was 500.000 also.

Therefore, with all this considered and with hopes to keep as many people happy as possible, while also allowing the XtraBYtes Community Corporation to choose, we will move ahead with 500.000 being the amount of XBY required to run a STaTiC node.

We hope that anyone setting these up takes this investment and contribution very seriously, understanding that this is experimental software we are developing and that patience is the key. In time, more developers will join us and this will help speed up the process.

At this point, STaTiC registration HAS officially and successfully begun... (I already did mine) It is very simple if you follow the instructions on page 20 of the forum (just be sure to have 500.100 XBY on deposit, so that means SEND exactly 500.100 XBY to your deposit wallet) and your registration process is very simple after that.

If you are unsure, we are working on preparing video instructions to help. There is no big rush here... This is just the registration part and later the STaTiC nodes will start to do their job. Patience is the key here... More information relating to the registration process and verification's will come soon...

Anyone who is comfortable getting started, you can access the latest wallet with STaTiC Registration capabilities here: https://uploadfiles.io/exjlg

When you finish, please post your TX id, and Borzalom will check to if you were successful or not. This process will be manual until the auto-checker website is finished.

Also, for those fo you who have less than 500k, please note that there will be future surprises and opportunities in the XtraBYtes community... so HODL your XBY if you can. Wink

Finally, please keep in mind that XBY transaction fees are still at 100 XBY. This will change in the future but for now will remain in place and soon we will decide what to do with these Community Funds.

This has been a very successful weekend and we thank you all for your support and participation!!

Dave and Zoltan and the rest of the XBY DEV TEAM!!

PS. We would also like to ask that you move your "STaTiC coins" OUT of the exchanges so that we can see approximately how many will be available for set up over the coming days.

TOTO6131

Activity: 102
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 01:19:10 AM

Hello XtraBYters!!

What a fantastic debate we have all participated in over the last 48 hours. Thank you all for your participation and for taking ownership on all levels of your XtraBYtes Community Corporation.

What we have ended up with here is the following:

We also considered all opinions and votes written on the forum because we learned that "newbie" level members were unable to vote (which is why Mica3006 set up the other poll) So, this was taken more as opinions (rather than votes) because we also needed to avoid double voting.

At the end of the day... we have decided that the vote really was as close to being down the middle as can be, especially considering many people also wanted Borzaloms opinion and his opinion was 500.000 also.

Therefore, with all this considered and with hopes to keep as many people happy as possible, while also allowing the XtraBYtes Community Corporation to choose, we will move ahead with 500.000 being the amount of XBY required to run a STaTiC node.

We hope that anyone setting these up takes this investment and contribution very seriously, understanding that this is experimental software we are developing and that patience is the key. In time, more developers will join us and this will help speed up the process.

At this point, STaTiC registration HAS officially and successfully begun... (I already did mine) It is very simple if you follow the instructions on page 20 of the forum (just be sure to have 500.100 XBY on deposit, so that means SEND exactly 500.100 XBY to your deposit wallet) and your registration process is very simple after that.

If you are unsure, we are working on preparing video instructions to help. There is no big rush here... This is just the registration part and later the STaTiC nodes will start to do their job. Patience is the key here... More information relating to the registration process and verification's will come soon...

Anyone who is comfortable getting started, you can access the latest wallet with STaTiC Registration capabilities here: https://uploadfiles.io/exjlg

When you finish, please post your TX id, and Borzalom will check to if you were successful or not. This process will be manual until the auto-checker website is finished.

Also, for those fo you who have less than 500k, please note that there will be future surprises and opportunities in the XtraBYtes community... so HODL your XBY if you can. Wink

Finally, please keep in mind that XBY transaction fees are still at 100 XBY. This will change in the future but for now will remain in place and soon we will decide what to do with these Community Funds.

This has been a very successful weekend and we thank you all for your support and participation!!

Dave and Zoltan and the rest of the XBY DEV TEAM!!

PS. We would also like to ask that you move your "STaTiC coins" OUT of the exchanges so that we can see approximately how many will be available for set up over the coming days.

thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: