Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:45:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SatoshiPoker ♣ 20% rakeback ♣ 5% affiliate bonus ♣ Hourly Freerolls  (Read 70657 times)
BitcoinFlush (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

No longer satoshipoker.org - Can't change avatar

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 09:19:41 AM

Wtf.. again hehe.. xD 1k gtd #179296, HU, I lose all-in so I should be second. 7-8 Sad :p I also did not late registered in this one, so I am lost about the logic now :p

edit: and again, same situation, only the s100 turbo #171127, I was second.

We will credit all the error payouts..

All the tournaments are offline until A. We figure out whats causing this. B. We have a fully tested fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience folks.

For now the cash tables are still up and running.

Let's color the MOON: Y1Dxt2kmHoRRWPBEeKv9rzCfcA7EvrWv82
BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 09:30:57 AM

In the 1000 GTD #179295. I took 2nd place, and was not paid. Nicklas took 1st, I took 2nd, Billy 3rd. But yet, it says I took 8-9th, and Billy 2nd. This is the 2nd time I finished in the money and it says I finished last. This is getting rather annoying. 470 Satoshi.
Your chips have been credited.

Sorry for the inconvenience, please bare with us while we fix this issue on our back-end.

Thanks.

BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 09:35:34 AM

Wtf.. again hehe.. xD 1k gtd #179296, HU, I lose all-in so I should be second. 7-8 Sad :p I also did not late registered in this one, so I am lost about the logic now :p

edit: and again, same situation, only the s100 turbo #171127, I was second.
Credited.

NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 09:53:44 AM

Ok, great, thanks and good luck Smiley

bybitcoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:00:41 AM

As an offer: level time set at 3min or even 1 is exciting and more fun!
Yeh, but also much more fishy and more luck than "skill".

A lot of players, including me, mostly play with many tables at the same time anyway :X :p so for me this is no problem :X only with the HTML5 client it might be confusing (or even impossible to play multiple.)

Yeah, making the levels faster means you have to spend more time risking and less time using strategy. 3 minutes could be as little as 4-5 hands before the blinds increase.

I also play multiple tables.
Faster level means fishy and more luck: are you guys serious?? Faster levels are fishy but the hourly with 8min level duration and one hour extended registration is not fishy (after all it is HOURLY, should usually end before one hour, and also it is a freezeout, so late buy-ins are...)
If you have witnessed one of these games, you have seen that some players have the strategy to not register until the last moment of registration, close to one hour, and then join the few remained in the game, and start all in bang bang every hand until they get doubled or something.
Isn't this fishy or luck? Are you serious?? An hourly should be usually completed before that hour, therefore 5, 3 or even 1 min. level duration is logical.

Are YOU serious?

Faster levels = more fishy and luck. That is just by definition.

The fact that you can easily win by registering in the last seconds of late reg is a separated "issue" (and profitably for myself so far.) My solution to that, would be to just disallow late reg.

If you have witnessed one of these games
I think I played in like 50 of them in last 2 days.
I don't think that the faster levels in a loose low buy-in game would change the sophistication of strategy and style of players involved,
a donk will play more or less the same game (all in frequently) no matter he has 10BB or 100BB.
But tell me sir: do you believe an hourly should long more than 1/5 hours or should be completed within that hour?
The fact that your are winning or profiting in something doesn't necessarily mean that thing to be correct.
If you want a deep stack super high strategic game with long enough level duration, then you may better try the higher buy-in daily or weekly MTTs
... Hourly GTDs have not been created for this. (they are more comparable to weekly blitz games in chess than a championship over 2800 rating grand master tournament)
Pokerfan

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:41:26 AM

Please consider changing the freerolls. Make the rounds shorter and the games faster. They are much too long ATM Sad
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 11:02:39 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 11:18:56 AM by NLNico

Lol, bybitcoin..

You said:
I said:

This is 100% true. Faster levels provoke more all-ins preflop and therefor more luck and therefor more chance for the "fishes" to win. I have played 60 SatoshiPoker tourneys in the last 2 days and I do not see much people be very loose in the 1K GTD. Yet everyone is very loose and easily go all-in in the Super Turbo. Why? Because of the fast levels. If you do not understand this, then you don't understand the basics of poker.

Then after my first reply, you come up with this late registration strategy, which is (like I said) another "issue". Fast levels slightly "solve" this problem, even though I think it's not the best solution (cuz you can just remove late reg.)

And now you come up with "hourly tournaments should be finished within the hour". Which in some cases, like freerolls, I might actually agree (actually I might disagree too, tbh idc about when it's finished.) Still this has nothing to do with the fact that "fast structure = more luck". You really cannot argue with that :\

And my suggestion and/or solution would be: less freerolls, higher pricepool, same structure (so it's not all luck) Smiley OR only the freerolls a little bit faster and let the GTD be played normally. But of course that's up to the admins. I do think there was a lot of action last 2 days with all the tourneys so that's good for SP of course Smiley

edit: to be honest I think we agree on most parts, you just didn't formulate your opinion well and come with new 'arguments' every time :p

bybitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:52:03 AM

Lol, bybitcoin..

You said:
I said:

This is 100% true. Faster levels provoke more all-ins preflop and therefor more luck and therefor more chance for the "fishes" to win. I have played 60 SatoshiPoker tourneys in the last 2 days and I do not see much people be very loose in the 1K GTD. Yet everyone is very loose and easily go all-in in the Super Turbo. Why? Because of the fast levels. If you do not understand this, then you don't understand the basics of poker.

Then after my first reply, you come up with this late registration strategy, which is (like I said) another "issue". Fast levels slightly "solve" this problem, even though I think it's not the best solution (cuz you can just remove late reg.)

And now you come up with "hourly tournaments should be finished within the hour". Which in some cases, like freerolls, I might actually agree (actually I might disagree too, tbh idc about when it's finished.) Still this has nothing to do with the fact that "fast structure = more luck". You really cannot argue with that :\

And my suggestion and/or solution would be: less freerolls, higher pricepool, same structure (so it's not all luck) Smiley OR only the freerolls a little bit faster and let the GTD be played normally. But of course that's up to the admins. I do think there was a lot of action last 2 days with all the tourneys so that's good for SP of course Smiley

edit: to be honest I think we agree on most parts, you just didn't formulate your opinion well and come with new 'arguments' every time :p
First of all, agree, all we discuss is our opinion, the admin might or might not consider them, rightfully.
But about your words: dude I know faster levels means more fishy and luck, that is a trivial fact.. but first of all I see some fixed people who play the same game (and loosen up our tables) no matter what level it is, and the others who play carefully again no matter which level it is. Second, okay if longer means more skills, then what about making levels 30min and stacks 400BB each? This is hourly GTDs, not a daily or weekly or a big event high prize MTT. I think most of people agree it is better for hourly to be comleted within that hour..
But I am strongly positive: we agree on most parts, less freerolls, if GTDs are freezeout then better to have not that late registration, and also a bigger prize pool and maybe bigger buy-ins (Seals at its high traffic pace has 500GTD with 50buy-ins, numbers are mBTC)
But still I think it is much better to have shorter levels (maybe 5min be more agreeable).
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:58:11 AM

Lets play some cash tables while tourneys are being fixed instead of arguing here.

Smiley

Im waiting at a few
bybitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:04:38 PM

Wink
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:15:33 PM

Lol, bybitcoin..

You said:
I said:

I'm with you on this. In any game I've played online or in real life that has fast blinds, the play styles are easy to see the difference in. Because blinds move so fast you can not wait for good hands or you will be blinded out. Instead, you have to risk it in the hopes that whatever you went all-in with happens to win, or that you take blinds.

The worst part is that with 3 minute blinds, you are looking at as few as 4-5 hands. On a 9-person table, this means every time it's time for you to post blinds you are putting up 2-3x as much. This leads to a situation where you have to win not only 1/9 to keep even, but around 1/5 of the hands or the blinds are knocking you out.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bybitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:52:15 PM

Are u a noob ranklo? How long are u playing poker?All u explain are trivial facts, everyone with the knowledge upper than ranking winning hands know them. I answered NLNico so don't see any need to explain again.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:57:01 PM

Are u a noob ranklo? How long are u playing poker?All u explain are trivial facts, everyone with the knowledge upper than ranking winning hands know them. I answered NLNico so don't see any need to explain again.

Being a "noob" is irrelevant when all you are playing against is donkeys. Any strategy you feel "works" in these situations doesn't.

The thing about longer blinds is they weed out the majority of the donkeys (except those that get lucky) and let the real players continue on. When you remove this, everyone has no choice but to donkey out and hope for pure luck.

Don't get me wrong, I love shorter games usually (as you get to play through more of them). But in tournaments it's bad. Sit-n-Go's are alright.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bybitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:08:34 PM

Dont get me wrong too: I like deep stack long level MTTs more when I can apply small ball expert postflop strategies and reads against fishes..
But what you and NLNico are lacking in your arguments is that we are not considering what an ideal MTT could be. As I asked him ironically, do you then prefer the hourly GTD's to have 30min level and 400BB stack each for more skillful play?! It is just hourly and that causes it to be a bit faster, is it that hard to understand??? (and a bit faster doesn't mean u can't apply skill and win more)
U again want to explain how faster means this or that or 1/3 of this or 1/9 of that... these are trivial facts that even premature players know well.
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 01:17:43 PM

Lol.. you said faster is better cuz it's more fun and exciting. That's what i replied at. Has nothing to do with hourly. Read back your comments if you can't follow it.

Edit: and 5 min instead of 10 seems ok to me. Just the 1 or 3 is too fast.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:30:15 PM

Lol.. you said faster is better cuz it's more fun and exciting. That's what i replied at. Has nothing to do with hourly. Read back your comments if you can't follow it.

I think a move to 7 would be better first to gauge it. I think I played at a site before that was set up with 6 at one point and that wasn't too bad. More or less need a median ground. Then the data itself should help show whether it is a good idea to move down a little more or not.

bybitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:44:45 PM

I think a move to 7 would be better first to gauge it. I think I played at a site before that was set up with 6 at one point and that wasn't too bad. More or less need a median ground. Then the data itself should help show whether it is a good idea to move down a little more or not.
That is exactly what I was trying to say, ranlo. 5 or 6 is a good start...The problem or the matter of my argument was about what is optimal for the hourly, not what is ideal (that of course a deep stack long level is perfect for me too in general). Seals had 6 min freezeout without extended registration with shallow stack (1500chips) but it was always a good (not donk-fest all in) game.
Unfortunately the dude (NLNico) with whom we started the discussion still refers to my point with that short statement I made in my earliest post ((faster is better cuz it's more fun and exciting)) I explained why and again explained more analytically later on but still this dude NLNico everytime wants to answer my argument, uses the same early sentence from my fisrt post ((faster is better cuz it's more fun and exciting)).
I  finally could get into his character well, first he said I am not able to formulate, then not able to follow as he is speaking general and not about the hourly MTTs (this one ridiculus, all my post was concretely about hourly MTTs and what is optimal for them). Well I remember in one hourly in which I was playing HU with him the last stage, he said it is hard to beat him since he plays optimal game theoretically.
NLNico your character doesn't need any explanation, know ur type. u say I can't follow the arguments...hehe thank u for the weekend joke, makes me happy. Just as a math teacher who deals with college students every week, liked to ask who the hell was ur math teacher at school?!?
Good day.

NLNico
Legendary
hacker

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 12:29:56 AM

Damn dude. Why you cannot follow it?

You said:
But what you and NLNico are lacking in your arguments is that we are not considering what an ideal MTT could be. It is just hourly and that causes it to be a bit faster, is it that hard to understand???
Which I already AGREED with before. THAT is why I said my argument was ONLY based on your very first argument.

Ok I will explain it 1 more time.

My argument "faster = more luck, less skill" was based ONLY and ONLY on your "more fun" argument. By that time, you did not say anything about hourly etc. Also I CANNOT look into the future. So my "faster = more luck, less skill" was BASED ONLY on "more fun".

When you said "yeh but it is hourly" I ALREADY AGREED WITH YOU. I already said it can be faster cuz it's hourly.

Then still you have to say:

But what you and NLNico are lacking in your arguments is that we are not considering what an ideal MTT could be. It is just hourly and that causes it to be a bit faster, is it that hard to understand???

Which obviously is NOT true. And I DO understand and ALREADY agreed it can be a bit faster.

In my opinion, we already agreed many posts ago. But still you have to insist that I don't understand you, which is not true.

Well I remember in one hourly in which I was playing HU with him the last stage, he said it is hard to beat him since he plays optimal game theoretically.
I have never ever said that. There are many players which are better than me on SP and I also like to donk in the small games. For me it's a hobby, not a profession. Still I do have a profit in 4 digits over the years so I do not think I am the biggest fish either.

If you still don't understand the logic in this, especially as a math teacher, I will probably just give up. We both agree already, I don't understand why you still have to argue or insist that I don't understand you.

bybitcoin

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 03:08:53 AM

Good. I forced myself off the subject after my last post 12hrs ago  Wink
Good Day.
BitcoinFlush (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 12:07:38 PM

**CLIENT 1.08 UPDATE**

1. New hand history feature added to client. You can find settings under the menu Game -> Hand History options
2. Internal player transfer feature has been removed from the site.
3. Tournaments payout bug fixed and poker server optimized & upgraded.
4. Add chips button is now on the table.

http://satoshipoker.org/SatoshiPokerSetup.exe

We will commence all freerolls and tournaments momentarily.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: