Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:49:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Discontinued: Lancelot (Heavy Duty 400 Mega hashes, 2 x FPGA Mining Board)  (Read 86428 times)
blackarrow (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 06:12:42 PM

Thanks for the update, blackarrow.  But the fact that your product page still says "In Stock" is blatantly deceptive.

If we put the product out of stock, our website will not take any orders. We've added a note to the product to explain the situation.

Three days ago, I placed an order for an "In Stock" product and was immediately told the item was backordered and I would receive a notification in the next 4-7 days for payment.  I now learn through your post that my order will most likely not be available for an additional 4 weeks.

I understand the manufacturing and supply chain process can be very challenging, but placing an overseas order like this requires a great deal of trust from the customer and when a customer's expectations are manipulated and/or misinformed by the seller - that trust erodes quickly.

Of course, I have not yet made any actual payment, so there is no measurable loss of funds here, but you should know - this sort of practice is disruptive & irritating and furthermore seems unsuitable to the communicative & helpful person that you seem to be.

We've been more than open with everybody here about how the production is going.

We've asked everybody not to pay for the products that are not in stock but we still see unhappy customers like you. I guess you cannot make everybody happy whatever you do.

I'm amazed how some people are so sensitive about such a minor detail but they are pouring money in some companies that have not shipped anything for 1 year (Butterfly Labs).

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 06:25:17 PM

So something like:
--icarus-timing 2.5=100
It will show the MH/s incorrectly, but it will still hash at the highest rate it can.

The random unknown MHz is actually problematic Sad

It looks that v42 firmware is actually faster than 200Mhz firmware, even with the hardware errors that is yielding. The number of packets accepted is higher than a device running at 200Mhz.

I've also looked at ztex and it is producing the same amount of errors so it should be fine.

I think that with v42 firmware Lancelot reaches 500Mega hases. I haven't looked at your code but I think that based on the proof of work you should be able to accurately calculate the speed. You should not rely on how fast the device returns data but on what date it is actually returning.

Regards!

phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:21:12 PM

On my unit a red HOT LED is on all the time when it's running. Heat sink is cool (not even lukewarm), so I wonder what exactly it means. Does anyone know?

CrownCloud

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:04:17 PM

On my unit a red HOT LED is on all the time when it's running. Heat sink is cool (not even lukewarm), so I wonder what exactly it means. Does anyone know?

Check the heat on the underside of the board ? As the heatsink is pretty cool most of the times, its the underside of the board, especially towards the middle of the board (between the 2 Spartan 6 FPGA Chips) which gets pretty warm for me

CrownCloud - Internet Services
Dedicated servers, OpenVZ and KVM based VPSes and  in 4 locations. (We accept Bitcoin !)
http://crowncloud.net/
FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:12:20 PM

I think that with v42 firmware Lancelot reaches 500Mega hases.

Should we update the firmware?  Does that require a JTag cable?
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:17:17 PM

Check the heat on the underside of the board ? As the heatsink is pretty cool most of the times, its the underside of the board, especially towards the middle of the board (between the 2 Spartan 6 FPGA Chips) which gets pretty warm for me

Right, it's quite warm, but not burning hot. Do you know what is the temperature value that triggers HOT LED? Shall I worry about my FPGAs dying prematurely?

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:05:20 PM

So something like:
--icarus-timing 2.5=100
It will show the MH/s incorrectly, but it will still hash at the highest rate it can.

The random unknown MHz is actually problematic Sad

It looks that v42 firmware is actually faster than 200Mhz firmware, even with the hardware errors that is yielding. The number of packets accepted is higher than a device running at 200Mhz.

I've also looked at ztex and it is producing the same amount of errors so it should be fine.

I think that with v42 firmware Lancelot reaches 500Mega hases. I haven't looked at your code but I think that based on the proof of work you should be able to accurately calculate the speed. You should not rely on how fast the device returns data but on what date it is actually returning.

Regards!

If it's hashing at 500MH/s then use --icarus-timing 2.0=80

The =80 is actually the important number.
(=100 will be OK only up to about 428MH/s)
The Hs nanoseconds number is just used to try to get the display right if you also specify a value with the =

We've done the Blackarrow Lancelot (BLT) code and it works fine.
Also working with AMU (asicminer USB) and of course should work with a normal Lancelot (LLT)
Just need to do the Icarus (ICA) and Cairnsmore1 (CMR) and then it will be done.
They are all in the one driver, so all need to be working before we'll put it in a release
(though you can get it from git as it is now - but you need to know which commits)

e.g. almost 5hour runtime:
Code:
 cgminer version 3.1.1k - Started: [2013-05-20 03:21:21]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):968.0M (avg):734.7Mh/s | A:2927  R:4  HW:9  U:10.2/m  WU:10.3/m
 ST: 2  SS: 0  NB: 37  LW: 5611  GF: 0  RF: 0
 Connected to au.ozco.in diff 1 with stratum as user
 Block: 011b55e1d73ee2d4...  Diff:11.2M  Started: [08:05:05]  Best share: 25.9K
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [P]ool management [S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 BLT 0:                | 398.2M/399.3Mh/s | A:1584 R:0 HW:1 U: 5.54/m
 AMU 0:                | 335.1M/335.5Mh/s | A:1344 R:3 HW:8 U: 4.70/m

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:25:23 PM

I'm a bit disappointed!  Cry

Thread says "Now Available", Shows in stock on website.  Placed order. Now I get this email...

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately we have sold our current batch of Lancelot boards. As you have placed your order on our website you are on our emailing list. You will receive a reminder for payment when we restock. Our next dispatch date is 10th of June. At the moment we schedule our deliveries for 27th of May and we will let you know if we have enough stock to fit your order into this batch.

Regards,
CardReaderFactory

Edit: I see I am not the only one. Glad it was a weekend and I couldn't pay or I'd be kinda upset and nervous for sending such money to China.

Guess more waiting.....................

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
LaserHorse

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:05:35 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 07:48:40 PM by LaserHorse

I'm amazed how some people are so sensitive about such a minor detail but they are pouring money in some companies that have not shipped anything for 1 year (Butterfly Labs).

Aw c'mon - implying I am one of those people is kind of shitty, no?

I just object to the tactic of luring in customers based on false pretense - I'm not freaking out, and I was trying to respectfully tell you and others that I thought you were better than that. Sad

I suppose it's a seller's market.  Back to the tech …

EDIT: blackarrow explains this is a limitation of their webstore - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187549.msg2205714#msg2205714

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:20:58 AM

Aw c'mon - implying I am one of those people is kind of shitty, no?

You dont think your being sensertive?  Read the whole thread.  blackarrow has done a pretty good job considering all the hurdles, and had expressly said dont pay for anything until you get a payment reminder (i.e when a shipping date is known).
LaserHorse

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:49:59 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 07:48:57 PM by LaserHorse

You dont think your being sensertive?  Read the whole thread.  blackarrow has done a pretty good job considering all the hurdles, and had expressly said dont pay for anything until you get a payment reminder (i.e when a shipping date is known).

You mean 'too sensitive'?  Well, no.  He stated that they wouldn't get any orders if the actual stock status was clearly represented.  I just disagree with that approach.  My intention was to clarify an inaccuracy and avoid any further unnecessary aggravation.  done.

Lancelot seems like a great product - back to the hashing!

EDIT: blackarrow explains this is a limitation of their webstore below

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 01:41:06 AM

I just object to the tactic of luring in customers based on false pretense - I'm not freaking out, and I was trying to respectfully tell you and others that I thought you were better than that. Sad

We're actually trying to keep everybody informed, and not lure anybody into anything.

"On Stock" on the website is a limitation of the software that we're using for shopping card.
If we put "out of stock" customers cannot place orders and we would have no queue and wouldn't know what parts we need to order in order to clear our queue.

We cannot just buy random quantities of Spartan 6. They are very expensive and having them in stock without being able to sell them would get us bankrupt.

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 02:02:47 AM

Black arrow has been very honest and DELIVERED.

LaserHorse

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:07:13 AM

We're actually trying to keep everybody informed, and not lure anybody into anything.

"On Stock" on the website is a limitation of the software that we're using for shopping card.
If we put "out of stock" customers cannot place orders and we would have no queue and wouldn't know what parts we need to order in order to clear our queue.

We cannot just buy random quantities of Spartan 6. They are very expensive and having them in stock without being able to sell them would get us bankrupt.

Thanks for clarifying - that makes much more sense.  I'll update my previous posts to point to your explanation.

HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:35:49 AM

I'm a bit disappointed!  Cry

Thread says "Now Available", Shows in stock on website.  Placed order. Now I get this email...

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately we have sold our current batch of Lancelot boards. As you have placed your order on our website you are on our emailing list. You will receive a reminder for payment when we restock. Our next dispatch date is 10th of June. At the moment we schedule our deliveries for 27th of May and we will let you know if we have enough stock to fit your order into this batch.

Regards,
CardReaderFactory

Edit: I see I am not the only one. Glad it was a weekend and I couldn't pay or I'd be kinda upset and nervous for sending such money to China.

Guess more waiting.....................

blackarrow, I notice in the email above that it gives a dispatch date of June 10th.  Is this correct?  I was under the impression that even purchases that are not bought on the Group Manufacturing deal would not ship until July.  If I placed an additional non-group purchase now, would that one ship in June?

Thanks!
yantis

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:47:03 AM

I gave these guys a call and they were very helpful and I would have to say Legit. Enough that I bought 100 units from them.
tidus_13

Activity: 290

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:07:55 AM

I gave these guys a call and they were very helpful and I would have to say Legit. Enough that I bought 100 units from them.

Wow 100 lancelots , 80 ASICMINER Block Erupter USB.
Any other big ASIC hash power?
elchorizo

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:40:21 PM

2 out of my 10 units do this. It goes on as soon as the unit is powered on and never goes off. The other units (in the same stack, with the same cooling, etc) -- it never goes on. I just ignore it, they haven't had any issues.

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 07:03:07 PM

Do you mean that you will stop taking group orders for the current group on Wednesday? Or that you will stop taking group orders?

The demand for group manufacturing is not big enough to make Xilinx happy to manufacture new batches every week. We will need to make group manufacturing batches slower so we can gather more orders.

blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 07:04:57 PM

Should we update the firmware?  Does that require a JTag cable?

You should try it, see if you're happy with the performance. Yes, it requires a Jtag cable. Shall we start selling these too?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: