Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:56:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48]
  Print  
Author Topic: Discontinued: Lancelot (Heavy Duty 400 Mega hashes, 2 x FPGA Mining Board)  (Read 86429 times)
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 04:58:36 PM

Dear All,

The day to announce officially our new ASIC has arrived.

It has been a while since we have joined our forces with VeriSilicon to make this happen.

As Black Arrow promised to all the customers who trusted and worked with us from the beginning, everyone who has purchased Black Arrow’s Lancelot mining devices and wishes to exchange them against Black Arrow Prospero miners will receive $300 credit for each Lancelot exchanged. Lancelot machines credit can be used against up to 30% of the amount on pre-orders or against up to 50% of the amount on orders. This credit has no cash value.

For more details read this thread or visit our webpage www.blackarrowsoftware.com

"There once was a man from Nantucket..."

I hope you'll do better than YooFuk aka YeahFoo aka Yifu

Icarus Trade-ins where did I hear that before?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 03:47:59 AM

What kind of fan does the Lancelot use? Three of the fans on mine are gummed up somehow, maybe at least one of the boards that stopped working might have been due to its fan stopping.

So I'd like to get replacement fans somewhere somehow but I am not sure what their specifications are nor where to get them.

They seem really gummed up, I sprayed some WD40 spray on one and it didn't help at all its still stuck, whereas when I did that to a GPU fan that was stuck it loosened it up nicely.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157

no degradation

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:01:19 AM

The original fan is 50x50mm. I'm using a Noiseblocker BlackSilentFan XR-2 (60x60 mm, 15dBA, 24 m³) since May without any trouble. It's possible to mount 60x60 mm fans with two screws onto the heatsink. The NB fan is (still) silent, heatsink does not get hot, just works as it should.

"And the machine keeps pushing time through the cogs, like paste into strings into paste again, and only the machine keeps using time to make time to make time.
And when the machine stops, time is an illusion that we created free will.
" - an unnamed Hybrid
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:07:39 AM

What kind of fan does the Lancelot use? Three of the fans on mine are gummed up somehow, maybe at least one of the boards that stopped working might have been due to its fan stopping.

So I'd like to get replacement fans somewhere somehow but I am not sure what their specifications are nor where to get them.

They seem really gummed up, I sprayed some WD40 spray on one and it didn't help at all its still stuck, whereas when I did that to a GPU fan that was stuck it loosened it up nicely.

-MarkM-

My one needed WD40 and that solved it - it was making noise to warn me of it's impending doom.
Though I have had to use WD40 3 times so far but it was in an area that would get dust/fluff due to a dryer being nearby.
Since I moved it to my garage it's been fine Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 04:28:17 AM

I thought the white plastic pegs around the heatsink would hit the blades of a larger fan but turns out putting the fan the right way up the blades have enough clearance, so for now I put the only one of the three "bad fan" boards that still lights up when it gets power on top of a stack and just loosely sat on top of it (as I don't happen to have long-enough screws/bolts handy) a 60mm or so fan I got a bunch of for a couple of bucks each from a place that sells off all the old fans from all the ancient machines they dis-assemble and throw away. It is a three-prong connector though plus I don't know if it would match the power from the four-pin connector on the lancelot so I am powering it via a fan-connector-adapter from the ATX power supply powering four of the boards. (The power bricks they supply with the lancelot do not power four boards per brick like their site claims, so I had to use an ATX to power four of them. The bricks mostly can do three boards though sometimes one of them seemed borderline even powering three.)

Two of the boards just don't light up so presumably the heat got too much for them or something.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

no degradation

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:54:24 AM

I thought the white plastic pegs around the heatsink would hit the blades of a larger fan but turns out putting the fan the right way up the blades have enough clearance,...
Can remember now I had to play around a bit as well. A 60 mm fan might not 100% align with the center of the heatsink.

It is a three-prong connector though plus I don't know if it would match the power from the four-pin connector on the lancelot so I am powering it via a fan-connector-adapter from the ATX power supply powering four of the boards.
You can use the three pin connector without adapter. Be sure the black cable from your new fan is connected to the pin where the black cable from the original fan was connected to. Black will be ground (most left or right pin). The pin next to it is +12V. The 3rd pin a tacho signal. The 4th pin is just an additional one for PWM (guess not used on the Lancelot at all).

"And the machine keeps pushing time through the cogs, like paste into strings into paste again, and only the machine keeps using time to make time to make time.
" - an unnamed Hybrid
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:06:09 PM

your website is still in dev but its basically a cookie cutter template so much that you have VOIP and cell phonesy stuff graphics on your homepage...you were ahead by just keeping it hidden until your site was live...also....why announce things like this early?  Why not just announce when they are available so that people can be able to pay for them and recieve them right away...I dont want to give you my money in advance so that you can go out and build the thing with my proceeds to fulfill orders...that may not be what's going on...but you're making it feel like that IS the case.

blackarrow (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2013, 01:36:15 PM

Dear Customers,

Shortly we will send to all our Lancelot customers gift certificates that they can use to discount their order for Prospero and Minion on our website.

We will give more details for returning your Lancelots with the gift certificate emails.

If you want to place your order before receiving the gift certificate, please drop us a note at checkout and we will apply the discount to your order manually.

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 02:47:45 PM

Does anyone have any Lancelots or other FPGAs (working or not) to The Bitcoin Museum? The museum is willing to pay shipping Smiley

Click on my signature link to check out the Museum!

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

no degradation

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:41:00 PM

Today I switched my Lancelot off. The last time. Undecided With current diff it will not mine the amount of BTC to cover it's power consumption costs here in Germany. We had a great time, running fine since May until today, mined 1.0189 BTC.

I will miss this little, reliable piece of BTC history. Cry

" - an unnamed Hybrid
yamaka

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 04:44:38 PM

My experience with BlackArrow Lancelot has been disgusting from beginning:
1. I paid the order without escrow with 2% more to sell btc at Gox rate, as it didn't sell at that price, the seller didn't make refund to me as stated by them. They took my BTC without asking anything.

2. Cardreaderfactory shipped me my 10 boards with EMS without asking me first (I said them I want DHL or UPS). As consequence I have lots of problems with Customs and it was really expensive to me.

3. When I plug all boards, one of them never power on. I contacted their support and I didn't have any solution.

4. After three months of continuous mining I had to repair the fans because high noise and blocking.
I have now two boards with temperature problem too, that causes the mining stop, I will have to repair them too.

I recommend all of you to take all risks of losing your money with this company. At least make use of Escrow Bitcoin. I had order number 1771.
yantis

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:52:37 AM

I bought 40 or so from them. Overall a smooth transaction and I received them when they said. They are still working today (though doubtful I am making anything from them). I would personally buy from them again based on my previous experience in June. (I didn't read this whole thread so I don't know if things have changed since then and I am just stating my experience for others).
cata180

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:28:43 AM

Today I switched off my lancelot board  Cry

I'd like to use it as a developement board but I feel I don't have the knowledge and I can't find any tutorial.

Does anybody knows how to program it?
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:46:51 AM

if any one want to sell there FPGA i can buy it from you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48]
  Print  

Jump to: