Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Auction: 50 Block Erupter Blades CHECK OP FOR PAYMENT  (Read 138576 times)
desired_username

Activity: 878
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:13:06 PM

I'm more interested on the status of the shipping.

I have sent my details and BTC, but I didn't get any update in quite a while.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:14:02 PM

if someone can't pay within 24 hours just have a look who is next beyond the cutoff and sell it them if they are still interested.

Here's the problem with that.   I see the lowest set of bids going for 50.  I bid for X number of units at say, 60.  This pushes some of the low bidders out, forcing them to either quit or place a new higher bid.  Now the auction is over, I win with my 60 but quit without paying.  Those X number of units are now awarded to the bidder that was at the bottom of the winners list at the low bid price. 

All kinds of shenanigans when you play that game.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:16:53 PM

if someone can't pay within 24 hours just have a look who is next beyond the cutoff and sell it them if they are still interested.

Here's the problem with that.   I see the lowest set of bids going for 50.  I bid for X number of units at say, 60.  This pushes some of the low bidders out, forcing them to either quit or place a new higher bid.  Now the auction is over, I win with my 60 but quit without paying.  Those X number of units are now awarded to the bidder that was at the bottom of the winners list at the low bid price. 

All kinds of shenanigans when you play that game.

This is why bids are binding - you don't honor your bid (or you don't honor the winner of an auction) - you get immediately a scammer tag and you are blacklisted for future auctions. That's the only way to keep this serious. And this is why you cannot edit posts in these subforums.

kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:18:35 PM

So let's open a scam accusation for winvery? Could a participant to this auction do it, as offended part?

I think we should wait until John comes online.

Unfortunately there was no rule stopping people from buying and immediately reselling, so if winvery pays in 24 hours then he shouldn't get a scammer tag.

winvery still has 4 hours left to pay his amount.

I don't have as much of a problem if he paid and immediately resold.  Dick move, but it's his right as a winning bidder.  He flat out refused to pay after winning two units.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
WinVery.com

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:33:38 PM

I made it very clear I wanted to pay immediately, and was not provided that option.

That is why I both had my bid rescinded and will not be blacklisted.

That part needs to be clear. 

Secondly, I made one(1) bid, and it was the last bid.

I drove nothing up.

Thirdly, as I have demonstrated in this thread, I had the money ready to pay. 
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:34:53 PM

I made it very clear I wanted to pay immediately, and was not provided that option.

I drove nothing up.

You did not honor a binding bid - full stop.

WinVery.com

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:37:21 PM

I drove nothing up.

I was not provided the means to do so, and still have not been.  Bottom line.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:39:20 PM

I drove nothing up.

Are you joking? Payment instruction are and were in the OP. The address to which you have to pay is the following: 1GfYjwX4uGQYDbqRtHYWMxCrMaVVWqK9DZ

You can check it by yourself here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1fvFT7Sd5bdFhLaW9Lb05GT252UERSbkhJdm8yeHc#gid=0

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:40:27 PM

"if they are still interested"? WTF?

BIDS ARE BINDING. Or what kind of joke auctions are we having here?

Not if you lost. Once you know your not a winner nothing is binding. You can reuse your funds to do what ever you want. Its up to the auction master to make sure people bidding have the funds and are trustworthy. If a winner fails to pay you can't start forcing losers to pay. The losers have probably moved on.

A loser that takes the place for someone that didnt pay is not forced to pay. Thats the rule in real world too. For example with ebay. There was a scam running where scammers did the following. A motorcycle that was worth 1000 should be bought. The buyer set 300 and then with another account set 2000. The seller was happy until the bid of 2000 is withdrawn. The old price 300 is the endprice then. Seller very unhappy. And no other bidder was able to bid higher because of the 2000 bid. The buyer then comes with a bunch of thugs and wants to take the motorcycle.
The seller now dont have to sell it for 300 because there is no binding contract between these two. He can but he dont have to.

Yeah, we are in agreement. Smiley

Ill want to say that a losing bidder cant be forced to buy and the seller isnt forced to sell to a losing buyer. And bids that are withdrawn are a problem because they can be used to scam. It didnt happen here, though i dont know why bidding on something you can pay and then dont pay.

This is true, however someone that lost might have decided to use their funds for something else because they are no longer the winner. I was just detailing that possibility.

Smiley
WinVery.com

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:44:24 PM

I drove nothing up.

Are you joking? Payment instruction are and were in the OP. The address to which you have to pay is the following: 1GfYjwX4uGQYDbqRtHYWMxCrMaVVWqK9DZ

You can check it by yourself here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1fvFT7Sd5bdFhLaW9Lb05GT252UERSbkhJdm8yeHc#gid=0

I see that now, but the point is that information needs to be provided immediately. 
WinVery.com

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:48:39 PM

"if they are still interested"? WTF?

BIDS ARE BINDING. Or what kind of joke auctions are we having here?

Not if you lost. Once you know your not a winner nothing is binding. You can reuse your funds to do what ever you want. Its up to the auction master to make sure people bidding have the funds and are trustworthy. If a winner fails to pay you can't start forcing losers to pay. The losers have probably moved on.

A loser that takes the place for someone that didnt pay is not forced to pay. Thats the rule in real world too. For example with ebay. There was a scam running where scammers did the following. A motorcycle that was worth 1000 should be bought. The buyer set 300 and then with another account set 2000. The seller was happy until the bid of 2000 is withdrawn. The old price 300 is the endprice then. Seller very unhappy. And no other bidder was able to bid higher because of the 2000 bid. The buyer then comes with a bunch of thugs and wants to take the motorcycle.
The seller now dont have to sell it for 300 because there is no binding contract between these two. He can but he dont have to.

Yeah, we are in agreement. Smiley

Ill want to say that a losing bidder cant be forced to buy and the seller isnt forced to sell to a losing buyer. And bids that are withdrawn are a problem because they can be used to scam. It didnt happen here, though i dont know why bidding on something you can pay and then dont pay.

This is true, however someone that lost might have decided to use their funds for something else because they are no longer the winner. I was just detailing that possibility.

Smiley

Even worse still, the value of closed bids could have been allowed to fluctuate in between them being made and paid...
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:48:41 PM

I drove nothing up.

I see that now, but the point is that information needs to be provided immediately. 
If you cannot even bother to read the rules of the auction before you place a bid, then why would anyone trust you to follow the rules of the gambling games you run?

desired_username

Activity: 878
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:48:50 PM

It didn't cause any problems for the legitimate bidders.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:52:13 PM

I drove nothing up.

The info was provided shortly after the end of the auction - it just took the time to compile the list of winners on a spreadsheet and to generate an individual address for each one of the winners. It's not possible to provide that info "immediately", nor friedcat nor John are working for you. Your bid was binding, and you deserve a scammer tag and to be blacklisted for not honoring it. I'm fed up of people abusing the auction subforum.

Plus, you tried to pull a stunt re-selling for a huge premium some goods you did not even pay for, and for which you had no intention to pay if you did not find a buyer. I know that not honoring your bid breaks this forums rules - I don't know about the re-selling an item you don't own, but anyhow is shameful on your part.

WinVery.com

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:54:42 PM

I drove nothing up.

If you cannot even bother to read the rules of the auction before you place a bid, then why would anyone trust you to follow the rules of the gambling games you run?

I read the rules, specifically 24h (payment and info collection).
My understanding of that is stated clearly. 
I expected to be able to pay within any point of the 24 hours.
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:55:17 PM

True, but the fact stands that s/he placed a bid and then chose not to pay. Because he was unable to line up an immediate sale and make a profit this venture was not worth his time. In the BTC speculation forum this would likely earn a round of congratulations. In an auction this is being inconsiderate and warrants a scammer tag in my book. If not a scammer tag then at least a ban from the Auctions subforum.
WinVery.com

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:58:47 PM

I drove nothing up.

The info was provided shortly after the end of the auction - it just took the time to compile the list of winners on a spreadsheet and to generate an individual address for each one of the winners. It's not possible to provide that info "immediately", nor friedcat nor John are working for you. Your bid was binding, and you deserve a scammer tag and to be blacklisted for not honoring it. I'm fed up of people abusing the auction subforum.

Plus, you tried to pull a stunt re-selling for a huge premium some goods you did not even pay for, and for which you had no intention to pay if you did not find a buyer. I know that not honoring your bid breaks this forums rules - I don't know about the re-selling an item you don't own, but anyhow is shameful on your part.

Be as fed up as you wish, Friedcat is in agreement with the faultiness of the payment time frame, apologized, accepted my withdrawal, and noted no blacklisting will occur.  Anything else?

Exactly.
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:59:58 PM

I drove nothing up.

Friedcat posted the payment addresses a couple hours after John had tallied up the bids. I can't be bothered to go find Friedcat's exact post to give you a timestamp, I'll leave that as an exercise for you in how to use a forum.

Also, the rules..

This round also have a 96h period in total. But it's divided to 48h (auction) and 48h (payment and info collection), instead of last time's 72h (auction) and 24h (payment and info collection).

You read the wrong thing and inferred that payment acceptance would be immediate like eBay. I don't even get why this matters but for the sake of arguing, nowhere does it state that payment would be accepted immediately after the auction ended. Stop trying to weasel out of this.
WinVery.com

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:01:41 PM

I drove nothing up.

Friedcat posted the payment addresses a couple hours after John had tallied up the bids. I can't be bothered to go find Friedcat's exact post to give you a timestamp, I'll leave that as an exercise for you in how to use a forum.

Also, the rules..

This round also have a 96h period in total. But it's divided to 48h (auction) and 48h (payment and info collection), instead of last time's 72h (auction) and 24h (payment and info collection).

You read the wrong thing and inferred that payment acceptance would be immediate like eBay. I don't even get why this matters but for the sake of arguing, nowhere does it state that payment would be accepted immediately after the auction ended. Stop trying to weasel out of this.

I assure you I am out of it unscathed. I have also positively contributed to the strengthening of the auction protocols.  For that I am glad.  Happy to help.
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:07:39 PM

Congratulation WinVery.com - you are the first person I ever used the 'ignore' button on - well done

donations not accepted
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: