Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:05:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189630 times)
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:22:09 PM

If ICO continues for a year and 1000 millions EOS enter the market, don't you think the current price will dump soon to the underground? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I see EOS as a disastrous investment.

200 million EOS entered the market in the first 5 day period and since then 2 million EOS are entering the market per day, price can go up and down until the end of the "ico" but personally I don't see any reason related to "ico" methodology for a price "colapse"/dump.

If we have an average price of $2 per EOS then we are talking about a total EOS marketcap of 2 billion at the end of the "ico"

How much is the total marketcap of the "problematic" and "obsolete" Ethereum right now? IF EOS delivers what it promises what will be it's marketcap? Everyone is calculating their risks and placing their bets accordingly...
tal3sfromthecrypt

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:41:50 PM

So buyers of EOS are buying tokens that have no practical value until a year from now, based on the background of the CEO? That is a large leap of faith, and everyone should realize it's purely speculation until further progress is made.
tayrey

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:53:33 PM

So buyers of EOS are buying tokens that have no practical value until a year from now, based on the background of the CEO? That is a large leap of faith, and everyone should realize it's purely speculation until further progress is made.

And no way to verify the CEO isn't just lining his own pockets.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:53:45 PM

There are really very high hummings about which is spoken here. Whether this will ever be true is rather unlikely.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:59:54 PM

Is there an actual [ANN] thread for this ICO / coin?
Yes. Very Grande :   Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2000257.0
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:20:16 AM

You can find all the info you want at the official website https://eos.io/

The "altcoin" section of this forum has become a Trolling Shithole and it's geting worse by the day.
MBW_2

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:39:12 PM

Do transactions need to be confirmed in order to participate on a given window? What happens with a broadcasted transaction that was confirmed 1 second after the window being closed? Will it be locked in the current window or the window that was opened when the tx was broadcasted?
Nesch84

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:23:10 PM

hey guys!

try to claim my eos coin, but i get with every gaslimit the same failure:  Warning! Error encountered during contract execution [Out of gas]

some idea ?

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xd21587964324d2ba31fab73e3d3a7ef4ed53e8a03c86ee6d6de28495765791c7
Alphaz841x

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:47:01 AM

If ICO continues for a year and 1000 millions EOS enter the market, don't you think the current price will dump soon to the underground? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I see EOS as a disastrous investment.

200 million EOS entered the market in the first 5 day period and since then 2 million EOS are entering the market per day, price can go up and down until the end of the "ico" but personally I don't see any reason related to "ico" methodology for a price "colapse"/dump.

If we have an average price of $2 per EOS then we are talking about a total EOS marketcap of 2 billion at the end of the "ico"

How much is the total marketcap of the "problematic" and "obsolete" Ethereum right now? IF EOS delivers what it promises what will be it's marketcap? Everyone is calculating their risks and placing their bets accordingly...

I agree that buyers set the price, but EOS will be released in 11 months from now.

I do believe price of 2 USD per coin may hold for 11 months straight until the end of ICO.
I also believe that EOS might eventually go up during that period of 11 months because all altcoins are still very attached to our leading coins Bitcoin and Etherum and they will clearly rise.

I don't believe though, that this 11 month of ICO will do much good for EOS. It will be good for their pocket, they will have a lot of money and if they put that money to good use and deliver, good.
But there are projects that offer the same thing, smart contract projects that are out there already working and won't need 11 months before the start.

NEO the Chinese Etherum and Waves. Those projects have same market cap and are already out there to compete with Etherum.
I was going to invest hard on EOS but after doing some research i decided to go with NEO. I still believe in EOS though, Dan Larimer is a smart guy and both Bitshares/Steem are currently one of best blockchains out there in terms of transactions per second. EOS will have the very same thing and is to be able to handle more than Bitshares/Steem. The plan of weakening Etherum by building on it and then splitting from their chain is great too, genius to be said. And if they delivered on their promises then that is some big monster on the horizon, but 11 months of wait time is far too long in my opinion.

I'll make a bold statement and predict the market cap of EOS to be 7.4b$ at the end of ICO in July 2018.
That is a very positive prediction, actually. And even then it won't really matter, because other projects that are targeting Etherum will already be up there with 50b market caps.
And etherum itself probably around 100b alone.

So to sum it up - in my opinion buying EOS will be worth it in a long time hold and will already net a 3.5-4x ROI in a year from now.
Although i do believe, that other projects like NEO/Waves will net a way higher ROI within the same time period.
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:00:51 AM

I agree that buyers set the price, but EOS will be released in 11 months from now.

I do believe price of 2 USD per coin may hold for 11 months straight until the end of ICO.
I also believe that EOS might eventually go up during that period of 11 months because all altcoins are still very attached to our leading coins Bitcoin and Etherum and they will clearly rise.

I don't believe though, that this 11 month of ICO will do much good for EOS. It will be good for their pocket, they will have a lot of money and if they put that money to good use and deliver, good.
But there are projects that offer the same thing, smart contract projects that are out there already working and won't need 11 months before the start.

NEO the Chinese Etherum and Waves. Those projects have same market cap and are already out there to compete with Etherum.
I was going to invest hard on EOS but after doing some research i decided to go with NEO. I still believe in EOS though, Dan Larimer is a smart guy and both Bitshares/Steem are currently one of best blockchains out there in terms of transactions per second. EOS will have the very same thing and is to be able to handle more than Bitshares/Steem. The plan of weakening Etherum by building on it and then splitting from their chain is great too, genius to be said. And if they delivered on their promises then that is some big monster on the horizon, but 11 months of wait time is far too long in my opinion.

I'll make a bold statement and predict the market cap of EOS to be 7.4b$ at the end of ICO in July 2018.
That is a very positive prediction, actually. And even then it won't really matter, because other projects that are targeting Etherum will already be up there with 50b market caps.
And etherum itself probably around 100b alone.

So to sum it up - in my opinion buying EOS will be worth it in a long time hold and will already net a 3.5-4x ROI in a year from now.
Although i do believe, that other projects like NEO/Waves will net a way higher ROI within the same time period.

If EOS delivers what it promises(95% chance in my biased opinion) I can't see how anything can compete with it, how can waves or NEO compete with EOS's zero transaction fees, 3 sec blocks and astronomical tps? Recently EOS achieved 50000 tps just single threaded, multi-threaded execution is the next step.  https://steemit.com/eos/@dantheman/web-assembly-on-eos-50-000-transfers-per-second

Also, how good and how big are the development teams of Neo and waves and what budget do they have? EOS already has hundrends of millions and keeps gathering more money.

EOS is winning hands down everywhere, thats why you can't find any criticism on a technical level or on the capabilities of the team, what is left to the FUDers to attack is to gather their army of simpletons and spam everywhere "the dev is greedy" and "it's a scam".

I don't know if I sound like an a$$hole "attacking" NEO and waves but this is my honest opinion, my strategy is always long term and usually involves hodling for at least 1-2 years, that's why my skepticism on NEO and waves, short term I have no clue.

Price related, I don't completly rule out a bear market for all crypto the next months or year, if this happens EOS will be affected too and there may be an oportunity to buy cheaper for someone who holds aside some fiat for this. 

Calangaman

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:37:01 PM

Up 75% today, it seems that pigs are happily rushing to the slaughterhouse...

In 3 weeks, Eos price was cut by 3...

Guess what. More coins are coming soon...
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:57:25 PM

Up 75% today, it seems that pigs are happily rushing to the slaughterhouse...

In 3 weeks, Eos price was cut by 3...

Nonsense

http://eosscan.io/

[EDIT]
In 4 weeks, Eos price doubled...
supercops

Activity: 589
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:58:50 PM

I have mostly just seen them advertise on social media sites but that is about it.
I don't think they have a bounty campaign.

▄███▄
       ▄████████
    ▄██████▀▀▀███
 ▄██████▀      ▀▀███▄
▀▀███████▄▄       ▀██▀
    ▀████████▄▄
       ▀█████████▄
          ▀▀████████▄
  ▄██▄▄       ▀▀███████▄▄
 ▀███▄▄      ▄██████▀
    ███▄▄▄██████▀
       ████████▀
          ▀███▀
.Sobit.[
▄▄████████▄▄
▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
▄██▀              ▀██▄
▄██              ▄▄▄ ██▄
▄██         ▄▄▄██████  ██▄
██    ▄▄▄███████▀████   ██
██ ▀█████████▀ ▄████    ██
██    ▀████▀ ▄██████    ██
██       ▀ ▄███████     ██
▀██        ██▀█████    ██▀
▀██       █   ▀██    ██▀
▀██▄              ▄██▀
▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
▀▀████████▀▀
CN - EN
⬢  Twitter
⬢  Facebook
⬢  Reddit
]
Mergesort

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:56:57 PM

It's all about getting things mainstream. If EOS is good enough and runs well who know it might even be worth more than Ethereum or other blockchainbased solution. Dan has proved to be able to bring things mainstream with steemit.
amir169

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:35:55 AM

how can i register public key for EOS?
where i can get my public key ?
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:27:50 AM

That's *exactly* how it played out with Ethereum, except people had to wait nearly a year and a half for a single line of code after the ICO, and it wasn't another 2 YEARS after that, that the price actually broke out past $2.00

And the ONLY reason it did that in the first place is because of Bitcoin failing to scale and people jumping ship to its "alternative".

Had Bitcoin scaled in a timely fashion and confidence not been lost, I doubt ETH would be above $10 right now. 

Keep that in mind when it comes to EOS and price predictions.  Hope you have 3+ years.  Make that 10 if there's no crisis among the other coins. 

And EOS doesn't even provide an entirely new platform like Ethereum does.   At least BTC and ETH were completely new concepts.  That's what gives them their value.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:30:34 AM

If EOS is good enough and runs well who know it might even be worth more than Ethereum

Unfortunately due to the insanely high total coin supply, the value of EOS is going to struggle to come anywhere near ETH or BTC, which only have 100m and 21m respectively.

1 Billion is a lot of fucking coins, and will pressure the price multiples of times lower as a result. 

That's why this bullshit $1.90 EOS price during the ICO is just that.   Bullshit.  With this many coins, people need to be able to get at least 50,000 EOS to make any substantial profits, and that's impossible at this absurd fake price.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:51:04 AM

If EOS is good enough and runs well who know it might even be worth more than Ethereum

Unfortunately due to the insanely high total coin supply, the value of EOS is going to struggle to come anywhere near ETH or BTC, which only have 100m and 21m respectively.

1 Billion is a lot of fucking coins, and will pressure the price multiples of times lower as a result.  

That's why this bullshit $1.90 EOS price during the ICO is just that.   Bullshit.  With this many coins, people need to be able to get at least 50,000 EOS to make any substantial profits, and that's impossible at this absurd fake price.

Yes a Billion is an insane amount that normal people can't even relate to.

What is even crazier is the 5% annual inflation rate which is 50 million a year.

Their inflation rate is half of the supply of ETH or 2.5x the total supply of BTC

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:07:39 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2017, 08:44:21 AM by btcdee

That's why this bullshit $1.90 EOS price during the ICO is just that.   Bullshit.  With this many coins, people need to be able to get at least 50,000 EOS to make any substantial profits, and that's impossible at this absurd fake price.

Agree!
On a separate note, Jeff Berwick just revealed on The Dollar Vigilante youtube channel that his pick for the next Ethereum killer is EOS. Will be interesting to watch price movement in the next few hours/days.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:22:46 PM

I wasn't expecting this thread to be so popular when I posted it.  Tongue

Seeing as though there hasn't been an official announcement thread here, and the popularity of the thread, I went ahead and edited the OP with more information:

EOS.IO is software that introduces a blockchain architecture designed to enable vertical and horizontal scaling of decentralized applications (the “EOS.IO Software”). This is achieved through an operating system-like construct upon which applications can be built. The software provides accounts, authentication, databases, asynchronous communication and the scheduling of applications across multiple CPU cores and/or clusters. The resulting technology is a blockchain architecture that has the potential to scale to millions of transactions per second, eliminates user fees and allows for quick and easy deployment of decentralized applications. For more information, please read the EOS.IO Technical White Paper.

FAQ: https://eos.io/faq.html
Whitepaper: https://github.com/EOSIO/Documentation/blob/master/TechnicalWhitePaper.md
GitHub: https://github.com/eosio
Telegram: http://eos.io/chat
Twitter: http://twitter.com/eos_io
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: