Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:48:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189605 times)
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:59:31 PM

When do you guys think we can invest into EOS coin?

You can invest right now but according to the charts the price is coming down. I'm waiting for a better price to get in. Looking at the roadmap I would say Q1 2018 may be the last time for a good price. What it does between now and then is anybody's guess.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maot4

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:41:07 PM

Checked this after a week and the few holdings I have has dropped a lot in value, was this due to the kraken notification or why has EOS lost more than 50cents in a week
Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:35:35 PM

Checked this after a week and the few holdings I have has dropped a lot in value, was this due to the kraken notification or why has EOS lost more than 50cents in a week

Too large cap, nothing is working yet... Too many expectations, people are tired of holding bags for so long when bitcoin is actively rising...
key_z

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:30:38 PM

When do you guys think we can invest into EOS coin?

You can invest right now but according to the charts the price is coming down. I'm waiting for a better price to get in. Looking at the roadmap I would say Q1 2018 may be the last time for a good price. What it does between now and then is anybody's guess.

Dollar Cost Averaging

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
jman0war

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:39:49 AM

These tokens will be exchanged for tokens of the EOS blockchain (when it will be launched in July 2018). And after that these "new tokens" will be used by the new platform.
What's the source?
Seems strange that they would fail to mention that in the whitepaper.
kchulani

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:47:41 PM

The best time to buy EOS in my opinion is 1 or 2 months before the ICO is complete. But that's just my opinon

K-Money

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:36:32 AM

Hi, is there a slack channel for Eos? I already know of a telegram channel . If so can someone please post the active link for the email submission ?
Tknx in advance
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 04:24:34 PM

Hi, is there a slack channel for Eos? I already know of a telegram channel . If so can someone please post the active link for the email submission ?
Tknx in advance

we got an EOS channel on discord if you want https://discord.gg/5b8uf9e

1234xm

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:23:39 AM

i saw all kind of prediction in price...in general, EOS price will fall to the0.5$ per eos...but some say that soon eos will be worth 25$...who knows...

my question:

During the ico time, do eos team  devoping any stuff? I saw that eos investments in temporary more on believe than in the reall fact. So people that say that soon will be 25$, there should be some fact behind it, that thay say that..i saw that in the mid sept. they will announcement some thing, but do not know what. can anyone know?

if there is no any annoncement of developing until end of ico, than price can drop more then 0,5$...if i understand, when ico is finnished, eos blockchain should go live and will be fully ready. right?

key_z

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:06:51 PM

i saw all kind of prediction in price...in general, EOS price will fall to the0.5$ per eos...but some say that soon eos will be worth 25$...who knows...

my question:

During the ico time, do eos team  devoping any stuff? I saw that eos investments in temporary more on believe than in the reall fact. So people that say that soon will be 25$, there should be some fact behind it, that thay say that..i saw that in the mid sept. they will announcement some thing, but do not know what. can anyone know?

if there is no any annoncement of developing until end of ico, than price can drop more then 0,5$...if i understand, when ico is finnished, eos blockchain should go live and will be fully ready. right?

• What the dev team is working on: Development Road Map
  • Testnet in September
  • Current & future price: nobody knows, lots of speculation

Hope that gives you some clarity!

████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
key_z

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:10:18 PM

New blog post speaking about EOS @ the upcoming Global Blockchain Summit

gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:21:28 AM

The Dawn of EOS.IO is updating from the developer team of EOS.
In September of this year, block.one will be releasing EOS.IO Dawn 1.0 which should be stable enough and well documented enough for anyone to launch their own test network upon which they can build and deploy their applications.  EOS.IO Dawn 1.0 will be the first pre-release of EOS.IO SDK (Software Development Kit). 
Those who have followed the EOS.IO Roadmap
(https://github.com/EOSIO/Documentation/blob/master/Roadmap.md)
https://t.co/c3HHzKECTm #EOS
GRR

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:26:34 AM

Looks lovely. Price will not be that cheap anymore in some time. I bought 10k tokens. Now holding for a while.
yugu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

^_^

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:42:48 PM

The Dawn of EOS.IO is updating from the developer team of EOS.
In September of this year, block.one will be releasing EOS.IO Dawn 1.0 which should be stable enough and well documented enough for anyone to launch their own test network upon which they can build and deploy their applications.  EOS.IO Dawn 1.0 will be the first pre-release of EOS.IO SDK (Software Development Kit). 
Those who have followed the EOS.IO Roadmap
(https://github.com/EOSIO/Documentation/blob/master/Roadmap.md)
https://t.co/c3HHzKECTm #EOS
That could be a point. The ICO price will probably rise in some sensitive way. Though, it also might not happen as there is a long way for ICO to go (still 10 month)

CHANGE — First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank | ICO | DISCUSSION
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:09:00 PM

The update from the EOS team also arrived by email. They are ahead of schedule and aim to release the first SDK by end of September 2017. Not much price action following this news though.

Zimtente

Activity: 116

Quack.

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:17:18 PM

Looks lovely. Price will not be that cheap anymore in some time. I bought 10k tokens. Now holding for a while.

smart ;-)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:36:45 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 06:49:42 PM by HR

I'm more than slightly surprised. A basic Google search for "bitcointalk eos" brings back a lot of very negative results.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2000232.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1990419.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1960861.0
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6k693g/eos_scam/

People seem especially concerned with the massive amounts of money involved.

Anyone care to address these issues here on Bitcoin Forum?

Edit: Or have they been already and I just haven't read it yet?

Forgive me my bluntness - I'm somewhat flabbergasted.

Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:53:32 PM

I'm more than slightly surprised. A basic Google search for "bitcointalk eos" brings back a lot of very negative results.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2000232.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1990419.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1960861.0
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6k693g/eos_scam/

People seem especially concerned with the massive amounts of money involved.

Edit: Or have they been already and I just haven't read it yet?

Forgive me my bluntness - I'm somewhat flabbergasted.

do your own research

people are simply skeptical of this token sale model. thats all

it has been discussed ad nauseum on a lot of forums. One of them, EOS telegram group

I hope someone comes along and has the energy to explain it to you.

I am drained.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:19:02 PM

No product, no promises.

So only faith and a high market cap based on air (for now). And Dan Larimer who has launched two successful projects earlier (Steemit.com and Bitshares.com). People have faith in Dan. And the features of EOS.io may give ETH a run for its money.

The question is: do you have faith?

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:41:09 PM

Okay, I’ve speed read the thread, and while EOS has its detractors, it also has its proponents, none of whom have chosen to address these comments and questions from this very same thread . . . and nobody seems to care either.

NOBODY HAS EVER ANSWERED ANY ONE OF THESE (posted here in the order they were originally posted):

Token Purchase Agreement shows EOS Tokens are completely useless. Look:
https://eos.io/purchaseagreement/EOS%20Token%20Purchase%20Agreement%20-%20June%2022,%202017.pdf

- EOS TOKENS HAVE NO RIGHTS, USES OR ATTRIBUTES. The EOS Tokens do not have any rights, uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features, express or implied, including, without limitation, any uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features on the EOS Platform. Company does not guarantee and is not representing in any way to Buyer that the EOS Tokens have any rights, uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features.

- NOT A PURCHASE OF EOS PLATFORM TOKENS. EOS Tokens purchased under this Agreement are not tokens on the EOS Platform. Buyer acknowledges, understands and agrees that Buyer should not expect and there is no guarantee or representation made by Company that Buyer will receive any other product, service, rights, attributes, functionalities, features or assets of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, any cryptographic tokens or digital assets now or in the future whether through receipt, exchange, conversion, redemption or otherwise.

- PURCHASE OF EOS TOKENS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND PURCHASES CANNOT BE CANCELLED. BUYER MAY LOSE ALL AMOUNTS PAID.

- EOS TOKENS MAY HAVE NO VALUE.

- COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE OR CANCEL EOS TOKEN PURCHASE REQUESTS AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.

Please forgive me if this is newbish, but do these tokens actually confer ownership? Will they ever actually pay dividends?

What would an ideal scenario look like where purchasing these tokens would be profitable? Say, 10 years from now?

the tokens are not ownership tokens and they do not pay dividends.

These are not even the native tokens that are needed for the EOS blockchain to function.

These are ECR20 tokens that function on the ethereum blockchain and you are not even sure that they will be swapped to the native EOS blockchain tokens (= the real tokens that will hold value in the future).

See Q&A 21 on the eos.io website.

Cheers  

I just read the white paper.

It does not provide a good technical explanation of how it will process in parallel and how it will process millions of transactions per second.

Does anyone understand how they will be able to do this?

I think it's a clever ico structure, designed to channel funds, that would otherwise be trading on exchanges, into the accounts of the project creators.

Ultimately there are just developing software that a third party may or may not launch a platform on.

If people keep sending them ETH during the year, then you can imagine future icos may follow their lead. But the price could plummet if people lose interest over the year. The price relies on more people contributing to the ico every day. And at a price they have no idea of until the end of each 23 hour period.

I've seen that video.  Do you really think he explains how he's going to enable parallel processing from that one slide?

I'm not saying that he definitely won't be able to pull it off.  But it's going to take many very smart OS level programmers, not necessarily blockchain programmers, because parallel processing is very difficult at the OS level.  I wish he does pull it off, because it will benefit many projects, including ours.

I think this parallel processing is what is going to make or break EOS.  There is no scam in regards to the EOS token, not launching the blockchain and leaving it up to the community to do so.

Since I was banned from their chat by Dan for discussing this, I'll just post it here.

https://image.ibb.co/esbsaF/eos_transfer.png

Do you have any proof they are buying EOS and not other coins, or USD? They say they will not perform any share buybacks and if they did I think it would be pretty much impossible for them to hide and they would be pretty much screwed pretty fast.
There are a lot of suspicious deals happening with EOS. For example this is from HitBTC
https://i.imgur.com/o4BIJvz.png

Check ask and bid amounts and how big trades are.

Hmm

from what i understood, you have to own EOS tokens on the EOS platform to have access to bandwidth proportional to your holdings.

A delegated POS also implies takers have to hold EOS

i also understood EOS is targeted enterprise use

If a large company, say Facebook, or Microsoft, wanted to use EOS for *some* unimagined application, they would have to buy and hold EOS to participate in the network.

I think this is one way EOS token will gain value.

As soon as one company announces it is building on EOS, token price might go up.

Please correct me if Im wrong.

OR

add more information

No answers for any of the tough questions which are key questions to be answered.

Lots of people who want to believe though. All their faith in one man basically, as I read things, which leads to another huge red flag: a single point of failure.

This doesn’t look good to me, and that’s coming from a huge fan of both BTS and STEEM.

Hoping to see adult handling of these challenges I’m pointing out.

BTW, where can I find a copy of the purchase agreement?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: