Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:15:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189605 times)
Fertion3000

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:18:02 PM

The next crap is the crumble coin, which is a lot of, and the main goal of the scammer is to deceive the trusted people and get the benefit from it. A lot of such was done, but for all without reason, the main profit, and if deception or fraud is the same without fear of all. SCAM COIN  Shocked  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:14:14 PM

Looking at your post history: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=928595;sa=showPosts
you're either:
*drunk
*angry
*a hacked account

Drowzy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

ZZzzzzzzz..

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:31:45 PM

The best part of such superdapp would be that people could actually earn money as dan did on steemit.. the people will love

yeah, those who followed dan to steemit made a good chunk of money. I'm looking forward to EOS Cheesy

Yeah, you mean the developers who knew how to build binaries without instructions? The same guys that produce blocks on bitshares were also the miners on Steemit? yeah.. I seen that happen first hand. What a dishonest way to start a coin. I have never bought or even used steemit because of that and I never will.

folks don't be fooled by these guys. they are professional scammers.

-These "devs" create coins then abandon them (Dan with bitshares and steemit) He will abandon EOS as well.
-They have a following of like minded developers who create icos that go nowhere (all icos on the bitshares platform have failed)
-They collude together to make enormous amounts of money off us regular folks. Steem is a good example. The only people able to create blocks where those same people in the "inner circle" Everyone saw this when steemit was being mined. All the same names as the bitshares block producers. EOS will be no different.
-They change the consensus so that they can get even more money Bitshares was originally supposed to have only 1 billion coins, they inflated that to 2.5 billion over night killing the coin's value. All the time the original developers were using Bitshares as their own personal ATM machine. Its no wonder the coin sank from 8K sat to 400 sat before this year's spring crypto pump. You're probably wondering how they got consensus from all the BTS holders? They didn't! They had a half assed vote on their forum bitsharestalk.org and the only people who voted were the regulars (The same insiders).

This thing EOS will sink to below 10 cents. Anyone who bought in the ICO is going to be hurting by taking 10x losses. Already its bad, the ICO was .80 and were at .64.. The first week of ICO we seen prices of 4.50 who do you think pumped it that hard hmmm? Those poor sods who bought the ICO at $4.00 They will likely never see their initial investment back.

(O^O)

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:29:16 AM

EOS Token [EOS] is listed: https://yobit.net/en/trade/EOS/BTC
trade_dep

Activity: 222

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 01:32:06 AM

EOS Token [EOS] is listed: https://yobit.net/en/trade/EOS/BTC
EOS Token Dice: https://yobit.net/en/dice/EOS

Code:
[url=https://yobit.net/en/trade/EOS/BTC][img]https://yobit.net/imginfo/EOS[/img][/url]

good luck .
MBW_2

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:54:51 PM

Does anyone know how the capacity increase is decided in eos? Is it voted or is it up to the block producers?
key_z

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:38:50 PM

Does anyone know how the capacity increase is decided in eos? Is it voted or is it up to the block producers?

Per the white paper:

"A blockchain that adopts the EOS.IO software will award new tokens to a block producer every time a block is produced. In these circumstances, the number of tokens created is determined by the median of the desired pay published by all block producers. The EOS.IO software may be configured to enforce a cap on producer awards such that the total annual increase in token supply does not exceed 5%."

Additionally the white paper speaks to governance and in doing so asserts that:
"A blockchain based on the EOS.IO software recognizes that power originates with the token holders who delegate that power to the block producers."

And as a result, if the median desired pay published by block producers for the block reward is too high in the eyes of the token holders, they are empowered to vote a block producer out for a new block producer.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:28:16 PM

Looking at the new EOS dawn and the material published so far, EOS has this ambitious plan to be a platform that many sites like Steem can be built on top it. I don't know the background why Dan has left the previous organisations, perhaps politics or something but EOS hopefully will be a place he applied the lessons learned from all previous ventures. EOS seems to use centralised method to scale a decentralised network (21 super block producers) which is interesting Wink. But if they can achieve half of what the ethereum market cap today that will be huge potential!
JessicaJHall

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:01:36 PM

I think it would be very useful to wait for the next wave if the initial hype and investment fever go down. I guess it's not enough for a certain project, it can take 8 cents an hour, but after 22 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds it will be a lot higher. I am a software tho and I can recall a lot of projects where the original idea was later broken by the hardware and other restrictions.
GRR

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 06:14:43 PM

All of the Dan Larimer projects are biting the dust. They are in a downwward spiral and appear to be somewhat abandoned. Maybe it is also the recent decline in hype after those projects were severely overpumped anyway. I cut my losses and moved on, this may still take a whole while before anything happens. This project should have started with 5mio marketcap to better reflect its development state.
key_z

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:21:22 PM

All of the Dan Larimer projects are biting the dust. They are in a downwward spiral and appear to be somewhat abandoned. Maybe it is also the recent decline in hype after those projects were severely overpumped anyway.

Are the projects biting the dust from a use perspective or a speculative investment perspective? Because AFAICT, both Steem & Bitshares have more user volume than either Bitcoin or Ethereum. Now, if you're making the assertion from an investment perspective, sure.

This project should have started with 5mio marketcap to better reflect its development state.

Given that the EOS project is predicated on Steem / Graphene, technologies that have been developed and work, it would seem that the development state is far further along than the 5m market cap you suggest. However, I'm not suggesting it should have a $1.5b (implied) market cap.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:14:43 AM

Any news of the Testnet and the blockchain live summit ? If anyone has a link to the talk I would appreciate it

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

madtek

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:12:36 AM

I saw Dan Larimer presentation yesterday at blockchainlive, they've made great progress so far
Their proposed infrastructure for decentralised storage and computation is looking great, no gas concept as such
for example the hosting is "free" all you have to do is lock up some tokens for the nodes aka "producers"
and you get those back when you don't need the hosting anymore

The WebAssembly (WASM) choice for their smart contract implementation is looking promising as well, they claim to achieve 50,000 transactions per second. Compare that with current Ethereum's 15tps and Bitcoin's 3tps
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:10:40 PM

The WebAssembly (WASM) choice for their smart contract implementation is looking promising as well, they claim to achieve 50,000 transactions per second. Compare that with current Ethereum's 15tps and Bitcoin's 3tps

I am no technician but I have the impression that the tx/s performance is for the large part based on having less decentralisation in the network. Tier 1 nodes doing a lot of the heavy lifting (let's say, 20 of them) and then Tier 2 being regular folks like us with regular hardware.

In the end, this is just a trade off chosen differently, and not something fundamentally 'better' than ETH. Just a different choice. The market will decide what is preferred.

madtek

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:57:18 PM

I am no technician but I have the impression that the tx/s performance is for the large part based on having less decentralisation in the network. Tier 1 nodes doing a lot of the heavy lifting (let's say, 20 of them) and then Tier 2 being regular folks like us with regular hardware.

ah you're right it is a tiered architecture. Tier 1 nodes are actually gonna be ruling the EOS ecosystem I guess,
He also mentioned something about EOS "constitution" so Tier 1 nodes will probably have more voting power as well i.e. for stuff like illegal content storage

Speaking of Ethereum I bet they will come up with something similar soon in term of tx/s maybe with the Plasma framework

Still the "no gas" concept on EOS might help in terms of quicker mass adoption of Dapps, but yeah I agree the market will decide

Red_Sanford

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 10:06:38 PM

ah you're right it is a tiered architecture. Tier 1 nodes are actually gonna be ruling the EOS ecosystem I guess,
He also mentioned something about EOS "constitution" so Tier 1 nodes will probably have more voting power as well i.e. for stuff like illegal content storage

Speaking of Ethereum I bet they will come up with something similar soon in term of tx/s maybe with the Plasma framework

Still the "no gas" concept on EOS might help in terms of quicker mass adoption of Dapps, but yeah I agree the market will decide

Vitalik just tweeted
For the record: I said ethereum (+plasma et al) *will have Visa-scale tx capacity*, not that it will "replace Visa". Sigh.

There is room for multiple blockchains that run smart contracts.

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:46:15 PM

What is the use case of this coins
some say it is ethereum killer but price has been dropping in rapid pace from past few days
cryptomato

Activity: 180

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:50:25 PM

What is the use case of this coins
some say it is ethereum killer but price has been dropping in rapid pace from past few days

I have also heard that is said to be eth killer. I'Ve been watching price action of EOS for weeks veyr closely. Trying to figure out the right level to invest.
StockBet.com

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 09:09:48 PM

Let's hope EOS succeeds to solving the scalability problem.

However, they never explained in their white paper on how they will do parallel processing or process millions of transactions per second.

Keep your fingers crossed.

hammo

Activity: 493

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:11:56 PM

China affects hit to EOS i hope that price increase again. I have some on my bag.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: