Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:08:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189600 times)
shan2026

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 12:50:38 AM

Hey guys is it better to buy EOS on exchanges or through the ICO? What is cheaper?

They're about the same price. I you want to buy from the ICO, take a look at the current price here: https://eosscan.io/ , but you need to wait until the last minute before the ICO round closes to determine what the price you pay will be.

I'm waiting a few more months to buy. The increasing supply of EOS tokens is depressing the price and it may be half the current price later.

EOS exchange price is $0.60 vs ICO $0.20, so looks like ICO is much cheaper option or I'm missing something here?

http://accelerator.network/127.html Accelerator Hydro-powered Mining Facility

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shangerlaa

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:13:12 AM

The price will continue to fall because of inflation. I dont' think many of you are seasoned with investing. Its based on the law of supply and demand. They are pumping the ico out for a year until it reaches a billion coins. The price has a lot further to fall then this. Its only around 400m coins right now. Best time to buy is around may or june with the ico finally ends and they stop pumping coins into the market.
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:31:19 AM

Hey guys is it better to buy EOS on exchanges or through the ICO? What is cheaper?

They're about the same price. I you want to buy from the ICO, take a look at the current price here: https://eosscan.io/ , but you need to wait until the last minute before the ICO round closes to determine what the price you pay will be.

I'm waiting a few more months to buy. The increasing supply of EOS tokens is depressing the price and it may be half the current price later.

EOS exchange price is $0.60 vs ICO $0.20, so looks like ICO is much cheaper option or I'm missing something here?

The $0.20 value keeps rising as more people are participating through the day, it reaches its peak and final value at the end of the daily period.

chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:39:54 AM

The price will continue to fall because of inflation. I dont' think many of you are seasoned with investing. Its based on the law of supply and demand. They are pumping the ico out for a year until it reaches a billion coins. The price has a lot further to fall then this. Its only around 400m coins right now. Best time to buy is around may or june with the ico finally ends and they stop pumping coins into the market.

It seems that lots of people are expresing similar opinions, it would be intresting to watch what will happen to the price when all those folks start buying all at once when the price is "lower" 
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:06:24 AM

It seems that lots of people are expresing similar opinions, it would be intresting to watch what will happen to the price when all those folks start buying all at once when the price is "lower"  

Or interesting to watch if/when the SEC declares EOS an illegal security.
ChromaticStar

Activity: 217

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:45:24 AM

EOS isn't selling to US investors, says it right in their white paper, and you're required to state you're not a US citizen or buying on the behalf of one when you participate in their ICO. The SEC blaming EOS for selling an illegal security? Please, the SEC doesn't control the whole world's financial markets. No better than the war on drugs, it will never work.
shan2026

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 04:55:42 AM

The $0.20 value keeps rising as more people are participating through the day, it reaches its peak and final value at the end of the daily period.

Right, just checked and its $0.31 now. So real prices is only possible to know till very last minutes.

http://accelerator.network/127.html Accelerator Hydro-powered Mining Facility
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:34:46 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 05:13:05 AM by Hyperme.sh

EOS isn't selling to US investors, says it right in their white paper, and you're required to state you're not a US citizen or buying on the behalf of one when you participate in their ICO. The SEC blaming EOS for selling an illegal security? Please, the SEC doesn't control the whole world's financial markets. No better than the war on drugs, it will never work.

It’s not that simple. Offering for sale is illegal also, even if no sale was made. The USA is not the only country with securities laws. And EOS did not sufficiently hide direct selling efforts that were clearly visible in the USA by USA persons such as myself. As well, there are even threads on this forum discussing how USA persons can employ a VPN to buy into the EOS token sale. They are responsible for doing KYC and AML but afaik they did not because ostensibly they want to be able to buy the EOS tokens from themselves.

Also there is the issue of resales to USA persons after the ICO and the culpability the issuers and affiliates have given they know a priori that they can’t prevent this. See Rule 903 for Regulation S resales.

It is not just the USA that you have to worry about, but rather the entity that controls not only the USA but most nations on earth (alternative link). They know damn well what they are doing to sucker all of you into scams and illegal activity before they harvest you c(l)ow(n)s. The rest of the “useful idiots” they will sucker into regulated crap like ADA and tZero which they control from the regulatory and investment banking level. They spread the USA’s FATCA all over the world, even Switzerland caved in to it. As for drugs, they own all of it globally from the banking level.

Disclaimer: IANAL. This is not legal advice.

EDIT: I just noticed my reply was the 666th reply (not including the OP, i.e. 667th post) in this thread. Mossad = Satan. Read Revelation. All the wealth gets concentrated up on the hill in Israel. This is underway. They created Bitcoin for a specific reason.

EDIT#2: I wrote more about this hypothesis.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:15:42 AM

Let me be the 667th poster then.

EOS development seems to progress nicely. There is still a huge demand for higher transaction throughput and alternatives for a 'gas fee' system. I am confident that EOS will deliver and become a good competitor for Ethereum.

ChromaticStar

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:24:17 PM

It’s not that simple. Offering for sale is illegal also, even if no sale was made. The USA is not the only country with securities laws. And EOS did not sufficiently hide direct selling efforts that were clearly visible in the USA by USA persons such as myself. As well, there are even threads on this forum discussing how USA persons can employ a VPN to buy into the EOS token sale. They are responsible for doing KYC and AML but afaik they did not because ostensibly they want to be able to buy the EOS tokens from themselves.

Also there is the issue of resales to USA persons after the ICO and the culpability the issuers and affiliates have given they know a priori that they can’t prevent this. See Rule 903 for Regulation S resales.

It is not just the USA that you have to worry about, but rather the entity that controls not only the USA but most nations on earth. They know damn well what they are doing to sucker all of you into scams and illegal activity before they harvest you c(l)ow(n)s. The rest of the “useful idiots” they will sucker into regulated crap like ADA and tZero which they control from the regulatory and investment banking level. They spread the USA’s FATCA all over the world, even Switzerland caved in to it. As for drugs, they own all of it globally from the banking level.

Disclaimer: IANAL. This is not legal advice.

EDIT: I just noticed my reply was the 666th reply (not including the OP, i.e. 667th post) in this thread. Mossad = Satan. Read Revelation. All the wealth gets concentrated up on the hill in Israel. This is underway. They created Bitcoin for a specific reason.

I've heard it all before, turning this into a conspiracy isn't going to work. If you're a US investor, it is clear on their ICO website that you are not to participate. If they find a creative way to circumvent those rules, that's their problem. Don't expect the SEC to fight for their them. Crypto is going to change the way we all invest in the 21st century, the past has no precedent anymore. I'm in the US and I intend to buy on the decentralized secondary market, EtherDelta. If I lose my money, I accept the loss as my own, this is how crypto is. It's is full of scams, volatility and chaos. It's the risk you take and anyone who wants to get involved knows that. The only way the SEC can protect people from it is to shutdown the entire global crypto market, which won't happen.
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:11:16 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 05:13:29 AM by Hyperme.sh

EOS development seems to progress nicely. There is still a huge demand for higher transaction throughput and alternatives for a 'gas fee' system. I am confident that EOS will deliver and become a good competitor for Ethereum.

Please see Vitalik’s very astute critical analysis of DPoS. DPoS is centralized, permissioned, and highly vulnerable to abuse by nations, lawsuits, etc.. That can not be a world changing decentralized ledger that we can depend on. Also the consensus algorithm is far too subjective and not objectively verifiable.

I've heard it all before, turning this into a conspiracy isn't going to work. If you're a US investor, it is clear on their ICO website that you are not to participate. If they find a creative way to circumvent those rules, that's their problem. Don't expect the SEC to fight for their them. Crypto is going to change the way we all invest in the 21st century, the past has no precedent anymore. I'm in the US and I intend to buy on the decentralized secondary market, EtherDelta. If I lose my money, I accept the loss as my own, this is how crypto is. It's is full of scams, volatility and chaos. It's the risk you take and anyone who wants to get involved knows that. The only way the SEC can protect people from it is to shutdown the entire global crypto market, which won't happen.

Have you actually watched all the expert videos I linked to, which presents much more cogent case than what I had studied about it several years ago. Those investigations are so thorough now, so as to be undeniable by anyone who puts in the time to actually digest the information.

As for your layman’s understanding of securities law, you’re incorrect. The culpability will fall on the issuers as well and promoters like yourself who are inducing readers to break the law. I do not see you making any disclaimers.

If you understand who created Bitcoin and why they created it (to bring about the world government by destroying the exclusive jurisdiction of the nation-states over money per John Nash’s Ideal Money concept but with a twist where they designed it purposely to become entirely centralized in their control), then you understand crypto is only going to become what Mossad (Satan) wants it to become.

The law is the domain of the Great Harlot. Come out of her. Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s. I’m working on something that might possibly offer a way out, but realize that Satan’s control is widespread. We are not supposed to expect salvation here on earth.

I will not try to dominate the discussion. Carry on. Each person is offered their free will, to make their own choices.

Disclaimer: IANAL. This is not legal advice nor advice of any form. This is my n00b+kook opinion only.
ChromaticStar

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:11:40 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 06:38:19 PM by ChromaticStar

Please see Vitalik’s very astute critical analysis of DPoS. DPoS is centralized, permissioned, and highly vulnerable to abuse by nations, lawsuits, etc.. That can not be a world changing decentralized ledger that we can depend on. Also the consensus algorithm is far too subjective and not objectively verifiable.

Have you actually watched all the expert videos I linked to, which presents much more cogent case than what I had studied about it several years ago. Those investigations are so thorough now, so as to be undeniable by anyone who puts in the time to actually digest the information.

As for your layman’s understanding of securities law, you’re incorrect. The culpability will fall on the issuers as well and promoters like yourself who are inducing readers to break the law. I do not see you making any disclaimers.

If you understand who created Bitcoin and why they created it (to bring about the world government by destroying the exclusive jurisdiction of the nation-states over money per John Nash’s Ideal Money concept but with a twist where they designed it purposely to become entirely centralized in their control), then you understand crypto is only going to become what Mossod (Satan) wants it to become.

The law is the domain of the Great Harlot. Come out of her. Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s. I’m working on something that might possibly offer a way out, but realize that Satan’s control is widespread. We are not supposed to expect salvation here on earth.

I will not try to dominate the discussion. Carry on. Each person is offered their free will, to make their own choices.

Disclaimer: IANAL. This is not legal advice nor advice of any form. This is my n00b+kook opinion only.

No, I haven't watched your videos. You lost legitimacy as soon as you started promoting Zionist conspiracies and declared yourself a religious and political extremist. EOS had a team of legal advisers tell them what they should do before they launched their ICO.

And no, I'm not promoting EOS, merely expressing intention to buy on the secondary market. I don't know of any legal statute that prevents me or anyone else from buying EOS on a decentralized market. Worst case for me: the price goes to zero. Best case, EOS overtakes ETH providing returns to investors.

Can you name anyone who was prosecuted for buying a security? The SEC would have to prosecute countless people at this point who exist only as pseudonyms on online forums. It isn't worth their effort.

I don't even know what you want or why you are here.
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:24:49 PM

In other words this is plain BS!

You are running around every DPoS thread like a headless chicken spewing out your nonsense. While you spend your time acting like a child Dan is building his 3rd big project, all you are doing is running in the shadow of Devs that have already DELIVERED and you are just trying to steal some of their glory, that's all you can do. Built something of value yourself or F@ck off!

And for gods sake read this book https://www.amazon.com/Ego-Enemy-Ryan-Holiday/dp/1591847818
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:32:42 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 05:14:01 AM by Hyperme.sh

No, I haven't watched your videos.

They are not my videos. They are videos created by PhDs and scholars. (alternative link)

Thus you implicitly work for the Mossad spreading disinformation. Until you watch the linked videos in entirety with a rational mind, you can’t make any reasoned comment.

EOS had a team of legal advisers tell them what they should do before they launched their ICO.

So did the CEO of Enron. As well as Michael Milken. Both of which were framed and setup.

Sophisticated scammers do tend to lawyer up. The law is pretty much the domain of those who adhere to the “bigger fish eat the little fish” principle. You sell your soul upstream to help the bigger fish reap most of the ROI on the scams in the end game.

And no, I'm not promoting EOS, merely expressing intention to buy on the secondary market. I don't know of any legal statute that prevents me or anyone else from buying EOS on a decentralized market.

You do not know because (ostensibly based on your naive comments) you do not study. I have studied.

Can you name anyone who was prosecuted for buying a security?

The SEC has prosecuted people for distributing securities. You should review the definition of underwriter in the 1933 securities act. As I have read, the tokens have not been held for 3 years, then every person that resells is deemed a distributor of the currency and culpable.

As for the whether the government can go after a larger group of people, I suggest you look at how crazy things are getting now in the USA. We are headed towards a 309 year level political and cultural crisis in the USA. There are very big and draconian changes coming. Governments have massacred millions and millions of their own citizens. This is a repeating occurrence throughout history.

But you are perfectly welcome to think otherwise and take your chances.

The more scamming, the more fuel added to the fire of the chaos that is coming down the pike 2022ish. Geez Dan doesn’t need $200 million to develop a damn blockchain. Even $10 million is much more than is needed. Why can’t he wait to take his gains after the tokens are already a currency that can be spent on goods & services? (Because presumably he knows it will maybe never reach that level of adoption and use and ostensibly because his group presumably wants to buy tokens from themselves to make it appear as though they raised more money than they actually did and so they secretly own money supply which they can manipulate the price with on exchanges or what ever)

Cryptocurrency and blockchains which are not decentralized and permissionless, are afaics really useless in the end game of chaos of the paradigm shifts that are going to turn society upside-down over the next several years.

Any way, please feel free to do what ever. As I previously stated, I will not go on and on here in this thread. I am just correcting some blatant lies about me here. I mean I do not write lies about you guys, I debate issues and facts. Why do you guys feel compelled to attack me personally and avoid any meaninful discussion of the facts and technology? Probably because you know you can’t win on the merits of the issues.

You are running around every DPoS thread like a headless chicken spewing out your nonsense.

You’re welcome to attempt to refute any of the facts given such as the astute technological analysis provided by Vitalik, which I linked to.

So far, I see no rebuttal.

It’s empirically incorrect to state I have posted in every DPoS thread. Not even close. Maybe 3 or 4 threads I’ve even mentioned DPoS out of the dozens of threads that are applicable. Go read my archives and prove it.

I thought you were a rational person? Perhaps you just do not understand the DPoS technology well enough and the issues that Vitalik pointed out about DPoS. I do. And I will soon write it up in way that everyone understands well.

I understand you’re ostensibly holding DPoS bags of Steem and probably EOS. So you’re promulgating irrational lies about me as I would expect. If you follow a sophisticated scammer like Dan, then IMO expect that eventually you will get burned.

Any way, please feel free to do what ever. As I previously stated, I will not go on and on here in this thread. I am just correcting some blatant lies about me here. I mean I do not write lies about you guys, I debate issues and facts. Why do you guys feel compelled to attack me personally and avoid any meaninful discussion of the facts and technology? Probably because you know you can’t win on the merits of the issues.

chryspano, if you would like to have video or Slack debate about DPoS, let’s do it! Stop hiding behind personal attacks please.
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:45:03 PM

a sophisticated scammer like Dan

I didn't know that you would go this far, sladering your superior doesn't earn you any credibility points. It's nice to know though that a combination of jealously and ego motivates your FUD/nonsense campaing.  

Now that you told me your opinion about Dan and we are in the name calling process, let me tell you mine about you, an intelligent fool you are, nothing more.

chryspano, if you would like to have video or Slack debate about DPoS, let’s do it! Stop hiding behind personal attacks please.

Cut the crap and go find Dan at the eos telegram, he is often there answering questions.
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:06:01 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 10:27:00 PM by Hyperme.sh

Cut the crap and go find Dan at the eos telegram, he is often there answering questions.

I’ve tried having debates in non-neutral settings before and what happens is when I start winning the debate, suddenly I am censored.

So again I will offer to debate you in a neutral setting.

Do not worry too much about your irrationality on display here, as this is already buried on page 34 of this thread and soon your irrelevant personal attacks will be buried in dozens upon dozens of more pages of the shilling of this scam. Yet reply #666 remains mine, purely by the choice of Satan (or luck?).

I think we are done. Do cut the crap and let me know if you or Dan or whomever wants to have a debate in a neutral setting.

We can debate the technological side and also the issue of Dan’s scamming, where he premeditated an intent to obfuscate the securities he was issuing. Be nice to get down into it nitty gritty on video. That could be fun!

Dan may actually enjoy developing things. He may actually be a legitimate developer of technology. But somehow he manages to mix that with sophisticated attempts to obfuscate the reality of his presumably illegal activities as linked above. And now the EOS token sale is over the top in terms of raising far too much money and afaik not enforcing KYC and attempting to claim Regulation S exemption without doing KYC.

Disclaimer: same as what I wrote before.
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:27:19 PM

...purely by the choice of Satan (or luck?).

You are starting to lose it...
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:28:18 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 11:24:11 PM by Hyperme.sh

I hope you know how to calculate probabilities. Estimate the probability that my post is the 666th reply (post #667) presuming I made no attempt whatsoever for it to be? (and if you think it’s 1/666 then you’re not math smart)

Even if you irrationally claim 666 is a random or irrelevant number, regardless it isn’t mathematically random in the context of the random variable being estimated.

(Satan does have to warn you before he takes your soul and life, because he must offer you you’re free will otherwise he doesn’t own your soul when you choose him)

Is that all you can write about given all the other points I made? Cat bite your brain?

I really thought you prided yourself on being rational. How dumb of me to presume that. I have readjusted my appraisal of who you are.

Bring on the neutral setting debate… (obviously not here and not in an EOS controlled social media thread)

Folks, please carry on with your speculation, shilling, and incriminating activities. Apologies for the disruption to the normal activities…
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:50:56 PM

I hope you know how to calculate probabilities. Estimate the probability that my post is 666th reply (post #667) presuming I made no attempt whatsoever for it to be?
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Is that all you can write about given all the other points I made?
No, I have to add this
"...suddenly I am censored." prove it or f@ck off.

Cat bite your brain?
No, it was a squirrel.

I have readjusted my appraisal of who you are.
No one cares.
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:19:17 PM

(Satan does have to warn you before he takes your soul and life, because he must offer you you’re free will otherwise he doesn’t own your soul when you choose him)
Amen!

I already told you I would accept a debate in a neutral setting.

Go find Dan you coward!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: