Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:25:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189631 times)
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:38:00 AM

After all my ranting about the illegality of ICOs, I stumbled today on the idea that forking and airdrop may be a way to convert an ICO issued token into a non-security.

Thus in theory the EOS tokens would end up living on (as re-issued in an air drop) outside the jurisdiction of any securities regulators in the world.

Hahaha. The regulators suddenly become irrelevant and can be ignored?

Disclaimer: IANAL. This is not legal advice.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 06:59:07 PM

Create instead decentralized paradigms that avoid legal entanglement:

It is a myth that decentralized 'paradigms' make it possible to avoid legal entanglement.
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:02:58 AM

Do you guys know whether you can claim your Eos tokens later on than when you contributed?  So can I send ether during during multiple contribution periods and then claim them all once afterwards or must I claim them after each period?
gjtnwls1

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:07:02 AM

Do you guys know whether you can claim your Eos tokens later on than when you contributed?  So can I send ether during during multiple contribution periods and then claim them all once afterwards or must I claim them after each period?

yes, you can claim them later. i think it is a good idea to claim them all at once if you are going to hold them.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
jrobi4life

Activity: 62

We will. We will. Block chain. Block chain.

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:21:19 AM

EOS.IO is software that introduces a blockchain architecture designed to enable vertical and horizontal scaling of decentralized applications (the “EOS.IO Software”). This is achieved through an operating system-like construct upon which applications can be built. The software provides accounts, authentication, databases, asynchronous communication and the scheduling of applications across multiple CPU cores and/or clusters. The resulting technology is a blockchain architecture that has the potential to scale to millions of transactions per second, eliminates user fees and allows for quick and easy deployment of decentralized applications. For more information, please read the EOS.IO Technical White Paper.

FAQ: https://eos.io/faq.html
Whitepaper: https://github.com/EOSIO/Documentation/blob/master/TechnicalWhitePaper.md
GitHub: https://github.com/eosio
Telegram: http://eos.io/chat
Twitter: http://twitter.com/eos_io

I am in no way connected or affiliated with EOS or block.one. This has kind of become the go to thread for EOS on Bitcointalk, so I thought I would edit the OP with links and information. OP May 6, 2017:
It sounds like this is essentially Ethereum, but much more efficient seeing as though it has asynchronous processing of smart contracts.

https://steemit.com/eos/@dantheman/join-me-at-consensus-2017-for-the-eos-launch-party

He hasn't released many details yet, but I guess the details will come in after Coindesk's Consensus conference.

This is the Ethereum killer I think.  Still its curious that they would fund this via an ERC20 token

We will. We will. Block chain. Block chain.
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:53:23 AM

Guys, will info about how many tokens each application locks be available to everybody?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
daniweb

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:13:23 PM

Will it be possible for an EOS DEX to trade native dapp tokens without IOUs??
GaleRecoN

Activity: 186

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:48:37 PM

Hey guys. I'm a bit confused on how the ICO/Contribution works.

The contribution period is spread out to 341 days and there's a limit to each particular time. This is done to increase the number of participants and token holders. I get that. However, EOS token is already on exchanges. Does this mean that once a contribution period is over, people can withdraw their EOS token to exchanges and sell them? Once the official EOS.io platform is release, people can exchange their ERC20 EOS token to the EOS tokens on the their own new platform?

If this is the case, what is the benefit of buying EOS through the contributions over exchanges?

I already read through the contents of their website and this info is not clear.

ChromaticStar

Activity: 217

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:16:46 PM

Does this mean that once a contribution period is over, people can withdraw their EOS token to exchanges and sell them? Once the official EOS.io platform is release, people can exchange their ERC20 EOS token to the EOS tokens on the their own new platform?

Yes, you can sell your tokens as soon as you get them. You need to register your EOS tokens once you have them if you want EOS coins when the platform is officially released.

what is the benefit of buying EOS through the contributions over exchanges?

It should be slightly cheaper to buy through the ICO than on the exchange. That is really the only benefit.
GaleRecoN

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:29:30 PM

Does this mean that once a contribution period is over, people can withdraw their EOS token to exchanges and sell them? Once the official EOS.io platform is release, people can exchange their ERC20 EOS token to the EOS tokens on the their own new platform?

Yes, you can sell your tokens as soon as you get them. You need to register your EOS tokens once you have them if you want EOS coins when the platform is officially released.

Thanks for the answer. Where should I register the EOS tokens? Or is that done once the IC ends after the 341 days?

I found a useful link explaining this here: https://steemit.com/eos/@trogdor/the-eos-ico-for-dummies

Mightywill
Copper Member

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:22:08 PM

I've noticed that someone put exactly or near 1000 eth every round of token distribution from the same address
see here: https://etherscan.io/address/0x3d4211b8fd39b1fecafb27f707b23dc36b7e18bc

we can assume that it was somebody who tries to buy and sell and get some  profit as others but as far as I can see it's hard to sell ~500k tokens every day especially every time without visible loss

so my assumption  is - it's EOS who is backing distribution with its own ETHs
They've collected a lot of ETH and such amount is actually hard to convert to fiat without affecting the rate so they decided to use ETH in another way

what do you think?
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:39:24 PM

I keep buying the dips and this coin burns me every time Sad . This coin is very good at dipping and making new lower lows beyond expectations
soundsoviel

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:43:30 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 08:57:40 PM by soundsoviel

I keep buying the dips and this coin burns me every time Sad . This coin is very good at dipping and making new lower lows beyond expectations

It may seem like those "lows" are dips, but that is because EOS was hyped and pumped from the beginning thus gaining an unnatural & unsustainable valuation that had to correct itself. And even now the price is too high in my opinion. It still can and probably will dip more when 0.5$ breaks. There is just too much inflation with this ICO model. And remember there will be no EOS blockchain for a long time, and there is no guarantee that there ever will be one. That adds a lot of risks to investors in addition to the high inflation.

Id' rather bet on Bitcoin, as it is still cheap considering what it can be worth in the future. Also OMG seems to be promising, especially after it dipped recently.
infested999

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:55:10 PM

Hey, wondering if someone could help me out: how are the EOS tokens (currently ERC20), going to be transferred to the EOS environment, if that is what EOS is planning? how will they be used within the EOS environment?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
GaleRecoN

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:01:45 PM

It may seem like those "lows" are dips, but that is because EOS was hyped and pumped from the beginning thus gaining an unnatural & unsustainable valuation that had to correct itself. And even now the price is too high in my opinion. It still can and probably will dip more when 0.5$ breaks. There is just too much inflation with this ICO model. And remember there will be no EOS blockchain for a long time, and there is no guarantee that there ever will be one. That adds a lot of risks to investors in addition to the high inflation.

Id' rather bet on Bitcoin, as it is still cheap considering what it can be worth in the future. Also OMG seems to be promising, especially after it dipped recently.

A good way to tell whether or not it hit a low is to always check the market depth chart for major walls and place your orders there. With this model it's best to spread out your buy orders over time and not buy all at once while repeating the same process I just mentioned.

I would have to disagree that $0.50 is too high for a few reasons. First, there are probably a lot of big investors that bought into the project from the very beginning and are holding for a very long time thus limiting the supply for others. Second, the volume is consistently extremely high even though the price has been going down. High volume means a lot of orders being placed. If you look at the market depth chart on Bitfinex, the walls are too high for the price to drop that fast. There will have to be enough people willing to sell for such a low price and fill those buy orders. And finally, this is a very ambitious project. It took years for Ethereum to take off and it still has problems. Waiting just one year (maybe less) for a blockchain to get released that's from the very start superior to Ethereum shouldn't be a problem, it give you more time to collect  Smiley. On top of that, they're already working with major companies and building their business before they have a product. Ethereum didn't do that until after the product was released and the word spread.

My suggestion, buy in small increments where there's strong buy support (again, look at market depth chart), keep your tokens in a separate wallet, and wait until the blockchain is deployed. If something goes wrong, you will see it in the market orders before the price even changes. People underestimate that chart, when in fact that's the first place they should look before considering to place an order.

GaleRecoN

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:10:44 PM

Hey, wondering if someone could help me out: how are the EOS tokens (currently ERC20), going to be transferred to the EOS environment, if that is what EOS is planning? how will they be used within the EOS environment?

If you're not a US resident, you can register with your Ethereum address on their site. You should keep your ERC20 EOS tokens there and once their blockchain is built, you'll get the equivalent official EOS token based on how much you have in the Ethereum address you registered with. If you are a US resident, you'll probably just need to keep your EOS tokens in a separate Ethereum wallet (not in an exchange) and once their platform is complete, they'll probably have a way to import your Ethereum address to get the equivalent tokens on their blockchain.

As far as how they're used, it's pretty much how Ether is used on the Ethereum blockchain, a way to compensate people running nodes and processing transactions on the network. And a few other things. Look at the whitepaper for details.

DeathGrasp

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:46:19 PM

Hello all, i am interested about ur opinion about Universa project, is it dangerous for EOS?

Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:16:11 AM

Have not deleted any comments. Don't remember whether it was PM or posted.

Grrr (to myself). Remembering some post but I can’t find it. It’s a nerdy form of the dog eating the car keys.

Ditto now on a research paper about trading off safety for liveness which I wanted to add to our discussion. I know I wrote a link to it some where, but even my writings are so voluminous I doubt I can find it if I do not remember the title.

Found the research paper.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:54:18 AM

EOS is gathering steam! They are promising heaven on earth, telling us how they are going to solve all these problem we are facing e.g scalling issue, better smart contract and fast proccesing speed! But they've not told us is; how are they going to achieve all these wonderful promises! I am tempted to say time will tell but i need something more than that. I need to see the plan. Good partnership with bitshare, but we need more
infested999

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:12:12 AM

if I invest now 3ETH on EOS in liqui.io or any other that listed it, will I get like x3 the amount of EOS than at the "tokensale"?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: