Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:56:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS - Asynchronous Smart Contract Platform - (Dan Larimer of Bitshares/Steem)  (Read 189631 times)
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:49:32 PM

So I heard from different sources now that EOS will be ruling in 2018. Can anyone explain the technical advantages EOS will bring over the others? I would be happy if someone can explain a bit about that!
key_z

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:57:20 PM

I've already registered my MEW address but...do I have to register again if I transfer additional EOS token from exchanges to my MEW?

no, you don't have to re-register. any tokens in a registered eth address at the time of the snapshot will be counted.

So I heard from different sources now that EOS will be ruling in 2018. Can anyone explain the technical advantages EOS will bring over the others? I would be happy if someone can explain a bit about that!

check out the link to eoscollective (few posts up). under "articles" there are a ton of detailed write-ups that address this question.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
aleksand
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:03:15 PM

From my understanding, dapps that are built on the EOS software have the ability to be used for free. I'm confused about the utility of the EOS tokens. Its quite vague in the website FAQ. Whats the purpose of EOS tokens, from its trading value?

The tokens are going to be somewhat like staking. The more that you hold the more of the system you get to use. If you hold 1% then you can utilize 1% of the power of the blockchain. You will be able to use more temporarily if no one else needs it.

There are some good YouTube videos were Dan explains it very well. The Devs can practice on the testnet but when it goes live they will need to hold some EOS to power their product

I see. So the end users are able to interact with dapps that exist on the EOS software free of charge, but developers will need to use EOS tokens in order to harness the computing power. Interesting concept.

I will take a look around for videos, if I find something good I will report here and provide timestamp of the explanation.

great resources that answer your questions have been aggregated at www.eoscollective.org. I recommend looking at the Articles and the Videos under "Resources"

Im curious, is this website made by the EOS community? or supported by block.one? Either way, thank you for this resource. Trying my best to wrap my head around the EOS software))
aleksand
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:06:55 PM

I've already registered my MEW address but...do I have to register again if I transfer additional EOS token from exchanges to my MEW?

no, you don't have to re-register. any tokens in a registered eth address at the time of the snapshot will be counted.

check out the link to eoscollective (few posts up). under "articles" there are a ton of detailed write-ups that address this question.

oh and just to add to this, there is a EOS developer's group on telegram here

It is not as fast as the main telegram group with 10k+ people, so its much much easier to keep up with the conversations.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:37:46 PM

Thanks, I also saw that post after posting my question and start reading up on this website. Its great to see that there is huge community contributions to EOS, alone for the fact that there is a huge community support this will have a bright future. Hopefully EOS can achieve all thats planned!
key_z

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:30:30 PM

From my understanding, dapps that are built on the EOS software have the ability to be used for free. I'm confused about the utility of the EOS tokens. Its quite vague in the website FAQ. Whats the purpose of EOS tokens, from its trading value?

The tokens are going to be somewhat like staking. The more that you hold the more of the system you get to use. If you hold 1% then you can utilize 1% of the power of the blockchain. You will be able to use more temporarily if no one else needs it.

There are some good YouTube videos were Dan explains it very well. The Devs can practice on the testnet but when it goes live they will need to hold some EOS to power their product

I see. So the end users are able to interact with dapps that exist on the EOS software free of charge, but developers will need to use EOS tokens in order to harness the computing power. Interesting concept.

I will take a look around for videos, if I find something good I will report here and provide timestamp of the explanation.

great resources that answer your questions have been aggregated at www.eoscollective.org. I recommend looking at the Articles and the Videos under "Resources"

Im curious, is this website made by the EOS community? or supported by block.one? Either way, thank you for this resource. Trying my best to wrap my head around the EOS software))

eos collective is community run/supported and is not official or related to block.one in any way.

████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:46:07 PM

I also hold some EOS, in my opinion, EOS is an innovative coin, even if he is very difficult to achieve very high, but if realized, he will make us a huge return.
Is it too late to buy? Im waiting for the correction of the price.. but don't want to wait until it goes much higher...
I think waiting is a good stategy for EOS, since its ICO is still far from being over, which means high inflation.

GaleRecoN

Activity: 186

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:51:20 PM

I also hold some EOS, in my opinion, EOS is an innovative coin, even if he is very difficult to achieve very high, but if realized, he will make us a huge return.
Is it too late to buy? Im waiting for the correction of the price.. but don't want to wait until it goes much higher...
I think waiting is a good stategy for EOS, since its ICO is still far from being over, which means high inflation.

Buying little by little over time is also a good strategy. This way you don't miss out on all of the earnings if the price goes up but you also don't lose a lot of your earnings if the price goes down.

totopaf

Activity: 448
Merit: 105

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:29:53 PM

I thought I heard there would be an announcement made December 4 about the EOS someone would be what it is?
cryptician12

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:51:57 PM

Hi all, I have my eos still on bitfinex and want to move them off. Is there any advantage to keeping them on there? Can I store my eos on my ledger nano? Thank!

Yes you want to get them off the exchange and onto your nano. Be sure to register the address you send them to, then when the snapshot happens you will be swapped out for the EOS on the EOS blockchain vs the Eth blockchain

Does anyone know when the exact deadline to register your EOS tokens would be? I know that the blockchain would go live next summer, but wondering if the snapshot would somehow be taken earlier than that!
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:04:37 PM

Hi all, I have my eos still on bitfinex and want to move them off. Is there any advantage to keeping them on there? Can I store my eos on my ledger nano? Thank!

Yes you want to get them off the exchange and onto your nano. Be sure to register the address you send them to, then when the snapshot happens you will be swapped out for the EOS on the EOS blockchain vs the Eth blockchain

Does anyone know when the exact deadline to register your EOS tokens would be? I know that the blockchain would go live next summer, but wondering if the snapshot would somehow be taken earlier than that!

Docs i read on steemit say 1st June 2018 one is here for example : https://steemit.com/eos/@sandwich/how-to-update-the-eos-public-key-mapped-registered-to-your-ethereum-wallet-with-myetherwallet-mew
key_z

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:07:08 PM

exact deadline is actually variable. it's "within 23 hours after the end of the final EOS token distribution period which will offucr on June 1st, 2018"

The snapshot will not be taken before the distribution is over so suffice it to say that you have until May 31st to register.

althedge

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:25:19 PM

Has anyone had any experience with contacting EOS? I dropped them an email last week and haven't heard back, just wondering if this is standard with this company or an exception...  Huh
key_z

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:39:07 AM

Has anyone had any experience with contacting EOS? I dropped them an email last week and haven't heard back, just wondering if this is standard with this company or an exception...  Huh

all top members are active on the telegram channel. in terms of whether you'll get a response, it largely depends on the nature of your question.

most crowdsale/registration troubleshooting are being competently handled by the community at large.

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:11:08 AM

Is there anything going on with EOS it's been quiet with its year long ICO.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
althedge

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:17:55 AM

Thanks key-z I'll try contacting them on telegram.
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:41:30 AM

It's fast! Expected to support 10K transactions per second on 1 CPU-core.

It scales: Their Virtual Machine can do all the calculations in parallel. So easy to add 50 or a 100 cores. According to Dan hundreds of thousands of transactions per second per chain.

It's free: You can't compete with freemium. Look at a company like TomTom with their navigation system. How can they ever compete with Google Maps which is free?? In EOS the dApp creator stakes a bunch
of EOS (they might ask you to help here a bit with some staking) so the Block Producers give them a certain capacity (like 1000 transactions per second). So as a user you don't pay anything. That way someone could make an exchange (like a Poloniex or BitTrex) with zero fees. And by the way: that exchange is in a smart contract no risk that they steal your coins because they can't (if the contract is proper that is Grin).

btcbringer

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:25:29 PM

It's fast! Expected to support 10K transactions per second on 1 CPU-core.

It scales: Their Virtual Machine can do all the calculations in parallel. So easy to add 50 or a 100 cores. According to Dan hundreds of thousands of transactions per second per chain.

It's free: You can't compete with freemium. Look at a company like TomTom with their navigation system. How can they ever compete with Google Maps which is free?? In EOS the dApp creator stakes a bunch
of EOS (they might ask you to help here a bit with some staking) so the Block Producers give them a certain capacity (like 1000 transactions per second). So as a user you don't pay anything. That way someone could make an exchange (like a Poloniex or BitTrex) with zero fees. And by the way: that exchange is in a smart contract no risk that they steal your coins because they can't (if the contract is proper that is Grin).

good, thanks for sharing, i will buy more and more EOS to see it growing up and become the top three coins in the market
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:17:41 PM

Most wanted dApps for EOS

The EOS-testnet will go live in several days as the devs are ahead of schedule.
Dawn 2 will be the first iteration of EOS as a real P2P-network. And that’s a great moment to ask yourself: What dApps would we like to see/test on EOS? What makes you excited about EOS? In this post I’ll write some of my own visions in this topic. But feel free to join our EOS Community Forum and share yours.

Full Article:

https://medium.com/@eosforumorg/most-wanted-dapps-for-eos-3fee2683f307

Enjoy!@!
NickCrypto

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:29:17 PM

EOS real-time price, alert, chart: https://bitscreener.com/coins/eos

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: