Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:27:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoKingdom Uncensored  (Read 69479 times)
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 10:46:28 AM

How about convene a General Meeting just to appoint a Judge to rule on the rpietila debt issue? That's the current impediment that's stifling everything.

His accounts will be used to pay back his debt if M is valued enough to do so, and he hasn't already done so of his own accord--that was decided a while back.

I didn't realise a meeting had already decided this, good to hear.  rpietila will no doubt scream blue murder when it finally happens, but as he's been given plenty of warning about what would happen if he didn't pay his debts, and he still hasn't made any offers to his creditors, then what else can be done

It's really sad considering he created the game and did most of the heavy lifting, but once someone creates fake assets that the buyer believes have value out of game,  the scam-line is crossed and the only way to get a reputation back is to resolve it with those lied to--though, at this point, paying the debt would do little to alleviate my distrust of anything risto does or says.

generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 11:34:40 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2017, 11:51:34 AM by generalizethis

"It's been a centuries now... Finally, waiting is over!"

"New changes are on the way and I hope they will bring a lot of joy and happy hours playing."

"In this re-booted edition, we are starting with smaller (but important) changes, and will gradually continue adding new details to features as you get familiar with them."

"So, CLANS!!!"

"In this first step, please create your clan and link all characters you want to have in it. Once you link your character (yes, will require character password to verify it's yours), it will be easy to switch to other characters from your clan by selecting them from a list. Soon will come the option to merge your character accounts under a unified clan account."

"Also, improved CLI is now available on each page, and if it's too annoying, you can minimize it--just press the CLI header. Don't forget to check both versions, Advanced and Basic CLI. It is the same in a nutshell, but  Basic is a little more friendly than the Advanced one."

"Thank you all for being loyal to CryptoKingdom through the hard times and I am looking forward for us to build a great future together."

"Truly yours,
Wizard Developer PJ"

Speed_CK

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:57:13 PM

This week's Health Challenge did well, despite the difficulties with the Top of the World not working.

A total of 16 characters have participated, with a consumption of ~206.846mil M, or almost 13mil M each. The total amount of points based on the rules of the game were 134909, with an average of 8432, the highest being 31440 and the lowest 645. The most expensive consumption, which also had the most points, was in excess of 67.5mil, and the subsequent winner of the 50mil special prize on top of the first place.

As a result, the 10 winners and their prizes are the following:
Code:
#	Character   Character ID	Points	     Cost	     Prize
__________________________________________________________________________________
1 Citrona 2107 31440   67 500 000M 75mil + 50milM
2 mulu 1258 21410   23 650 000M     50 milM
3 Speed 1273 17507   8 800 000M     35 milM
4 evergreen 369 17425.5   7 550 000M     20 milM
5 Kristin 1210 17347.5   57 425 000M     20 milM
6 tombot 215 13945.5   8 475 000M     10 milM
7 drummerboy 428 13410   5 560 000M     10 milM
8 Johnny 2068 11150   12 375 000M     10 milM
9 goldbug 336 11000   3 775 000M     10 milM
10 icXicX 1738 8768   3 723 000M     10 milM

Next week's game will hopefully be announced tomorrow once I know what's happening with the TOTW and how to proceed.

If you guys have any feedback, suggestions or ideas for the Health Challenge, feel free to let me know, and I might implement them in the next game(s).

Note: Promotions haven't yet been issued due to technical difficulties, but I'm posting the list anyway. I'll do the promotions as soon as I can. All prizes and rewards will be given out once I do the promotions, or at the start of 1685.

Spreadsheet with pending promotions and rules and stuff can be found here.

Pending promotions have been issued as follows:

Master of Knowledge Johan "Speed" Matthiasson, Ph. D. (#1273) has become a full Baron (L12).

Mulu, the Wizard of Lemons (#1258) is now a great Baronet (L11).

GW Evergreen (#369) has been introduced into the Order of Consumables and become a Knight (L10).
drummerboy (#428) has been introduced into the Order of Consumables and become a Knight (L10).

Budyn von Sznikers (#1106) has attained the rank of Wizard (L7).

Johnny (#2068) has attained the rank of Expert (L5).

Citrona, Daughter of Lemons (#2107) has attained the rank of Novice (L4).

doc goldbug (#336) and icXicX (#1738) are still pending the procurement of suits matching their ranks and will not be promoted until the requirement is fulfilled.

Don't forget about the bounty and that consumables spoil now.

Have a great time!
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:53:11 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 02:01:28 AM by CrazyLoaf

"New changes are on the way and I hope they will bring a lot of joy and happy hours playing."

"In this re-booted edition, we are starting with smaller (but important) changes, and will gradually continue adding new details to features as you get familiar with them."

"So, CLANS!!!"

"In this first step, please create your clan and link all characters you want to have in it. Once you link your character (yes, will require character password to verify it's yours), it will be easy to switch to other characters from your clan by selecting them from a list. Soon will come the option to merge your character accounts under a unified clan account."

"Also, improved CLI is now available on each page, and if it's too annoying, you can minimize it--just press the CLI header. Don't forget to check both versions, Advanced and Basic CLI. It is the same in a nutshell, but  Basic is a little more friendly than the Advanced one."

"Thank you all for being loyal to CryptoKingdom through the hard times and I am looking forward for us to build a great future together."

"Truly yours,
Wizard Developer PJ"

What is this? Slam poetry? Grin
bv68bot

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:17:35 AM

"So, CLANS!!!"

"Truly yours,
Wizard Developer PJ"

Great news that dev work continues on Crypto Kingdom!!

Any news on when building payouts might start again?
kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:59:03 AM

It has a use case in game (like any other game), the problem came when he tried to force an arbitrary euro peg--so don't try to characterize the players he fucked over as accomplices--as long as he was backing the deposhares with real euro and bitcoin, there was never a problem--he was literally telling us, "You'll be sorry if you don't trade your B1, E1 and M3 for M," and he did manage to back that claim up a few times by injecting fake b1 and e1 into the game and making those who cashed out look like they got out at a bad rate. I've always thought there should be an exchange asset, but when luigi created one, risto changed the ck asset to m (something I supported at the time without knowing that he would inflate the supply, so I thought it would be a simple 1ck=1m). He is very likely intentionally sabotaging the game, "why" is anyone's guess--though smooth can validate that in slack conversations he was threatening me with that action, because I wouldn't be bribed or bullied into playing the bad guy (this is around the time he started classifying me as dark in posts).

^^This is partly why we need an exchange asset. Many will never see game assets as valuable unless they are backed by a blockchain. And given the damage a terrible gm can have, do you really want your value hinged on their whims? Especially when a gm, who is acting as a player, may have an ax to grind and reduce your value based on their mood--there needs to be a way to lock in your hard work and be master of your own fate. Risto is continually showing us why we should have better protections.

An ARDOR 'child chain' would be perfect to put everything about CK on a blockchain, based on NXT tech which has been around since 2013 and fully tested and battle hardened.

Here's a summary written by ARDOR core dev 'riker'

You'd basically get your own version of NXT as a child chain, so your main token 'M', plus all your other itmes would become 'assets' with all the features of dividends and messaging etc.

You couldn't design a better system for your Game if you tried IMHO.

The Ardor business case in a nutshell

Existing problems in the blockchain world
1. Blockchain Bloat – every transaction ever submitted to a blockchain will stays forever in
the blockchain and must be re-validated by every new node which joins the blockchain.
2. Dealing with multiple tokens in the context of a single transaction – when creating a
blockchain based token, users need to transact in this token but also pay transaction fee
in the main blockchain token.
3. Crypto exchanges represent a systematic risk to user funds – when converting fiat
money into crypto, users typically has to use 3rd party exchange web sites which
represent a single point of failure and complicates the flow of funds.

About Ardor
The Ardor technology is based on the stable and reliable NXT blockchain source code which has
been running successfully as a public blockchain since November 2013. Every existing function
of the NXT blockchain will be supported by Ardor.

In addition, the Ardor blockchain has a unique design composed of a single parent chain
responsible for the proof of stake process and multiple child chains responsible for the
operational transactions such as asset exchange, voting, messages etc.

Child chains transactions are reported to the parent chain using a new process called
“bundling”. The bundlers, package multiple child chain transactions into a single ChildChainBlock
transaction on the parent chain. The bundlers pay the transaction fees in Ardor and receive the
child transaction fees.

The first child chain of the Ardor platform is called “Ignis”. Ignis will inherit some of the existing
state of the existing NXT blockchain.

Unlike “side chains” and other blockchain related technologies, the Ardor parent and child
chains are based on the same source code and share the same security guaranties.

Let’s see how the unique Ardor blockchain design addresses the problems described above
1. Blockchain Bloat
a. The Ardor parent chain only stores transactions which affect the balances of the
forgers (proof of stake block validators). All other transactions are off loaded to
the child chains.

b. Transactions stored on child chains can be pruned i.e. removed from the
blockchain after 24 hours leaving only a cryptographic proof (hash) proving their
former existence.

c. A new node joining the blockchain will only need to validate the parent chain
transactions, which represent only a small proportion of the transactions and
the last 24 hours transactions of each child chain, not the full transaction
history. In addition, a new node will load a snapshot of the current blockchain
state (account balances, properties, aliases etc) from one of the existing nodes.

d. Individuals or entities which need the full transaction history for their own book
keeping can still store it by setting up an archival node which maintains the full
transaction history based on various conditions. These entities will be able to
prove that a given transaction, while no longer stored on the blockchain, was
presented there in the past.

e. We estimate that this design can reduce the number of transactions stored on
the blockchain at a ratio of up to 1:100

f. In the future, Ardor child chains may even run on their own subnet where all
nodes except one are disconnected from the rest of the Ardor platform thus
providing the ability to componentize the blockchain into domain specific subblockchains
and prevent the need for every blockchain node to process all
blockchain transactions.

2. Dealing with multiple tokens
a. Users of an Ardor child chain will only deal with the child chain token both for
transfer of value and fee payment.

b. When tokens such as assets or currencies are issued on top of a child chain,
users of these tokens pay transaction fees denominated in the child chain token.

c. For certain applications, a business entity managing the child chains may choose
to cover these transaction fees for their users or to not charge transaction fees
at all.

d. This business entity will serve as the transaction bundler to make sure that the
child chain transactions are included in the parent chain

e. Users of asset and currency tokens on this child chain, or users using the voting
system, won’t need to pay transaction fees and may not even be aware that
they are using a blockchain under the hoods.

3. Crypto exchanges represent a systematic risk to user funds
a. On top of the Ardor platform, a 3rd party business entity can issue a “pegged
child chain”. This business will guarantee that the child token is pegged at 1:1
ratio to a fiat currency such as EUR, USD or to another crypto asset like BTC or a
certain commodity value.

b. Users who trust the business entity which guaranty the peg, can use the child
chain token as if it was the base asset, allowing trading of blockchain based
tokens against the base asset without the need to exchange their tokens first
into the Ardor token.

c. While the business risk for the 3rd party peg failing on its promise still exists. The
technical risk for user funds is vastly reduced by storing the account balances on
blockchain.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 09:16:05 AM

"So, CLANS!!!"

"Truly yours,
Wizard Developer PJ"

Great news that dev work continues on Crypto Kingdom!!

Any news on when building payouts might start again?

No date as yet, so "soon"

bv68bot

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:51:48 AM

An ARDOR 'child chain' would be perfect to put everything about CK on a blockchain, based on NXT tech which has been around since 2013 and fully tested and battle hardened.

You'd basically get your own version of NXT as a child chain, so your main token 'M', plus all your other itmes would become 'assets' with all the features of dividends and messaging etc.

I agree, an ARDOR child chain for the backend blockchain, messaging, voting, asset creation, and dividends etc, with a CK web front end, and agora providing a faster trading engine similar to a regular exchange like poloniex would be a great solution. I suggested this once before but Risto didn't like it.

The problem isn't so much technical, but governance - Everyone would need to agree to move the whole DB to ARDOR, which given the current situation doesn't look likely.

If CK is going to put any assets on a blockchain the whole community needs to agree on the details, otherwise it's not going to work. The asset(s) need to have 100% of their supply made into tokens, otherwise it's not decentralised and backed by the whole of CK, so everyone needs to agree, and there would need to be an organised swap of current Agora assets for blockchain assets.
Vigens

Activity: 296

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:46:40 PM

Anyone interested in buying a cannon? I have level 8 17-pounder cannon on sale for 2,225,000,000!
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/cann

Also for sale a small yacht
https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/sh-small

Elm street factory grounds
https://cryptokingdom.me/land/lot/details/600
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 03:17:21 PM

1685 Army and Horse Promotions are Complete

CrazyLoaf

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:54:17 PM

I agree, an ARDOR child chain for the backend blockchain, messaging, voting, asset creation, and dividends etc, with a CK web front end, and agora providing a faster trading engine similar to a regular exchange like poloniex would be a great solution. I suggested this once before but Risto didn't like it.

The problem isn't so much technical, but governance - Everyone would need to agree to move the whole DB to ARDOR, which given the current situation doesn't look likely.

If CK is going to put any assets on a blockchain the whole community needs to agree on the details, otherwise it's not going to work. The asset(s) need to have 100% of their supply made into tokens, otherwise it's not decentralised and backed by the whole of CK, so everyone needs to agree, and there would need to be an organised swap of current Agora assets for blockchain assets.

At this stage, I am game for anything that makes it where the "crypto" in the damn game title isn't such a fucking joke anymore...
bv68bot

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:17:09 AM

At this stage, I am game for anything that makes it where the "crypto" in the damn game title isn't such a fucking joke anymore...

afaik ARDOR will start with one 'child chain', IGNIS, and the ARDOR dev's are having an ICO to sell off 50% of the IGNIS chain's token, and for projects simply wanting to issue an asset they'll most likely just use the IGNIS child chain.

If CK acted quickly it could be the first project to start it's own child chain, and if that happened the support from ARDOR devs would be huge as they'd obviously want to have the first independent child chain project do well. The NXT community has always had a great rep anyway, very helpful.

If the CK community was interested in this idea it could just use some of Risto's M to pay dev costs and bounties etc , and could have the first 100% blockchain backed crypto game in the world.

Easiest path would be setup the child chain, then swap over M first while setting up player accounts/wallets on the child chain, then do swaps for the other items in Agora DB gradually. If some items were not suited to a blockchain, just keep them in Agora DB.
player99

Activity: 111
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:03:04 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 08:57:19 PM by player99

There is some other dude in my clan now???

I logged in as goldbug (336) and in my clan there is now also character goldman (2133).

Please throw him out of there Cheesy

I hope it is not possible for a new character to join any clan just like that, and then start playing the other characters in that clan!!??

Vigens

Activity: 296

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:30:53 PM

Offtopic but heres link for 1KingCK coin auction. Theres some history in that coin that might interest someone.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059427.0
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 02:04:31 PM

20,000 CKG Bounty

--20,000 CKG to create and manage a CKG asset and get that asset listed on a reputable exchange.

I add 6:E chapelry to HMC's bounty, it cost ~1100 XMR back in the day, get CKG listed on a reputable exchange and become a large land holder in the Game.

https://cryptokingdom.me/land/chapelry/6:E

Adding a Gold Unicorn to the Bounty.

Adding 100 Moneroj (XMR)  to the Bounty.

ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:32:48 PM

Can I ask you what do you mean by "on a reputable exchange"? I know poloniex and bittrex are between the most popular ones,but do you consider c-cex,cryptopia or yobit reputable? It shouldn't be a very hard thing to get listed on these last ones(just paying a fee)..
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:02:50 AM

afaik ARDOR will start with one 'child chain', IGNIS, and the ARDOR dev's are having an ICO to sell off 50% of the IGNIS chain's token, and for projects simply wanting to issue an asset they'll most likely just use the IGNIS child chain.

If CK acted quickly it could be the first project to start it's own child chain, and if that happened the support from ARDOR devs would be huge as they'd obviously want to have the first independent child chain project do well. The NXT community has always had a great rep anyway, very helpful.

If the CK community was interested in this idea it could just use some of Risto's M to pay dev costs and bounties etc , and could have the first 100% blockchain backed crypto game in the world.

Easiest path would be setup the child chain, then swap over M first while setting up player accounts/wallets on the child chain, then do swaps for the other items in Agora DB gradually. If some items were not suited to a blockchain, just keep them in Agora DB.

Good discussion, but I agree with the comment that the community needs to agree to this, so a vote needs to happen before a major change like this could be implemented. Ardor would be a good option, but a major undertaking. Another intermediate option could be ERC-20 token for 'M' only. Either way, good discussion to continue, CK without some blockchain token to trade on exchanges is a real pita!
CrazyLoaf

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:17:28 AM

Good discussion, but I agree with the comment that the community needs to agree to this, so a vote needs to happen before a major change like this could be implemented. Ardor would be a good option, but a major undertaking. Another intermediate option could be ERC-20 token for 'M' only. Either way, good discussion to continue, CK without some blockchain token to trade on exchanges is a real pita!

I've told HMC the exact same thing in bold. Waiting for "put up or shut up" from him in regard to your post. Sucks, but we barely had a game before and we have even less of a game now, so I'd say a token alone won't do anything. Anyway, I'm sure we'll get around to making a token when there are only 3 players left and we'll get around to actually making a game when there is 1 player left...

generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 07:28:07 AM

I've told HMC the exact same thing in bold. Waiting for "put up or shut up" from him in regard to your post. Sucks, but we barely had a game before and we have even less of a game now, so I'd say a token alone won't do anything. Anyway, I'm sure we'll get around to making a token when there are only 3 players left and we'll get around to actually making a game when there is 1 player left...

You've done nothing--so the idea that you get to tell anyone what is best for the game is repugnant. As an example: this is mostly an economic game and you were a CEO of a Window company, but couldn't even figure out how to make a window--even after I came up with a way to build windows, you were still too lazy to do so. Why are you playing at all? Your only strategy has to buy everything (without even doing cost analysis) and hope that others build the game for you to profit.

Put up a bounty for what you want, develop it yourself or stfu.

generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 07:31:46 AM

Can I ask you what do you mean by "on a reputable exchange"? I know poloniex and bittrex are between the most popular ones,but do you consider c-cex,cryptopia or yobit reputable? It shouldn't be a very hard thing to get listed on these last ones(just paying a fee)..

Yes, any of those listed would be fine.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: