Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:30:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] [WGR] | Wagerr | The Betting Blockchain | Bounties  (Read 237308 times)
Munz77

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:52:22 AM

You're right, it is in order - the latest fud campaign you're seeing is just a few guys who congregate here lately since they got blocked from our slack/discord and had their crazy, non-constructive posts from the subreddit removed.  I can assure you that serious work is being done and the Jan 15th release date is still a go.  Those guys have already wasted more than enough of my time, if they decide to flood the Wagerr thread here there's really nothing I can do about it.  

It's a disservice to you guys too, since it reduces or removes any meaningful two-way conversation that would normally be possible between the team and the community here.  

Instead we're trying to provide other reliable options for (somewhat) serious people to get their questions and concerns answered.  We try to be fairly free and open-minded and we've even included a trading/speculation channel where people are free to discuss other coins and their advantages/disadvantages, even coins that some may see as directly competing with wgr.  You can also pull current btc/alt info and graphs directly from Coinmarketcap straight to our Discord with a simple command, I made sure to add it for you guys Wink

One question I did see that I can quickly answer is that the Bcash is treated the same as any other resource raised and will be used to improve the network...no worries, nobody is just going to walk away with it.

Nice update, thank you lotuspod. Sounds like things are going well, let you get back to it  Smiley
dumbchump

Activity: 496
Merit: 264

In memory of Zepher

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:06:08 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 03:20:59 PM by dumbchump

Are these really the escrow balances?  They have over $12M of BTC plus the LTC, ETH, ETC...and the market cap is only about $10M?  

Essentially the market is attributing negative value to Wagerr?!   What am I missing here?

penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:55:37 PM

Are these really the escrow balances?  They have over $12M of BTC plus the LTC, ETH, ETC...and the market cap is only about $10M?  

Essentially the market is attributing negative value to Wagerr?!   What am I missing here?

The development was delayed, after that some people dumped their wagerr because they panicked or lost trust in the project.

klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:41:33 PM

Once Wagerr is up and running on mainnet, I hope the team starts marketing the project heavily before the World Cup.  The event will bring huge amounts of bettors to Wagerr. 
Enemyofgods

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:07:01 PM

feck me i thought i only needed 2000 coins for a MN... so it's 25000?
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:26:33 AM

Yes. 25000 are needed for a masternode.

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
Pechalka

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:17:16 AM

I dont' know , why people ignored my question.
I would like to ask since  wager is a bookmaker, but how will it relate to arbitration situation?
what about odds? do they plan to analize the market them self or buy odds ?

Pechalka

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:19:03 AM

Yes. 25000 are needed for a masternode.

interesting to know
did anybody calculate,  how much cost the coin now? and which ROI can we expect from masternode?

Jiddu

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

into the clusterfuck

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:39:55 AM

did anybody calculate,  how much cost the coin now?

You don't have to calculate: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/wagerr/
Pechalka

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:51:14 PM

thank you for your response. but I mean,  did anybody calculate,  which  ROI can we expect from masternode?

penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:11:07 PM

thank you for your response. but I mean,  did anybody calculate,  which  ROI can we expect from masternode?

The ROI from the masternode shall be variable.
Though how more people use wagerr, the ROI for the masternodes is bigger.

GTR_JOEY

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:30:09 PM

did anybody calculate,  how much cost the coin now?

thank you for your response. but I mean,  did anybody calculate,  which  ROI can we expect from masternode?

ROI investment has many variables.. for example, $ value of bets places, nodes running at that particular time, and the current value of the coin in comparison to the actual price you paid.

At current prices you should be able to accumulate enough Wagerr to set up a node for less than 2000USD. When this takes off, your ROI will be a 3 if not 4 figure percentage based on current buy price.
Pechalka

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:00:56 PM

hello, thank you. it is understandable, but anyhow, would be interesting to know some range. 5-20 % not so interesting

Pechalka

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:04:47 PM

thank you for your response. but I mean,  did anybody calculate,  which  ROI can we expect from masternode?

ROI investment has many variables.. for example, $ value of bets places, nodes running at that particular time, and the current value of the coin in comparison to the actual price you paid.

At current prices you should be able to accumulate enough Wagerr to set up a node for less than 2000USD. When this takes off, your ROI will be a 3 if not 4 figure percentage based on current buy price.

then, coming back to my question. I am very interested to make bets with big money. then for me, each 0.01 in the coefficient has a value. from where does wagerr will take the line?

patmcc88

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:52:35 PM

then, coming back to my question. I am very interested to make bets with big money. then for me, each 0.01 in the coefficient has a value. from where does wagerr will take the line?

Yes I have been pondering this question for some time too.

It would be very useful to know how the odds compilation will work for on-chain betting. If the Wagerr team cannot put out accurate prices for the markets it will cover then the whole operation will just be the same as a soft bookie that is going to get torn apart by shrewd punters.

I'm mostly invested in Wagerr because I want to use the actual betting service (I'm also invested because i think this could be a very valuable crypto ecosystem in the future). But unlimited bet sizes at a bookie that doesn't restrict accounts is unheard of... and there's a reason for that. A bookie that doesn't protect itself from smart bettors will get destroyed. So my question is how will Wagerr protect itself from bettors that know how to beat the book? If bettors aren't restricted then the only way to protect yourself as a bookie is to put out accurate odds and that is very very hard to do.
Pechalka

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:07:46 PM

It would be very useful to know how the odds compilation will work for on-chain betting. If the Wagerr team cannot put out accurate prices for the markets it will cover then the whole operation will just be the same as a soft bookie that is going to get torn apart by shrewd punters.

I'm mostly invested in Wagerr because I want to use the actual betting service (I'm also invested because i think this could be a very valuable crypto ecosystem in the future). But unlimited bet sizes at a bookie that doesn't restrict accounts is unheard of... and there's a reason for that. A bookie that doesn't protect itself from smart bettors will get destroyed. So my question is how will Wagerr protect itself from bettors that know how to beat the book? If bettors aren't restricted then the only way to protect yourself as a bookie is to put out accurate odds and that is very very hard to do.

how are you going to attract players? the best odds, I do not believe in this, I'm still waiting for a clear answer

lotuspod

Activity: 225
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:51:13 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 10:09:12 AM by lotuspod

There will most likely be some sort of restrictions of course, especially for small-market bets against the chain.  You guys are completely right in that running on-chain bets will be extremely complex with massive amounts of potential risks, especially if not managed properly.  This is why h2h and multi-user will be implemented first (and are lower fees) - there will always be someone on the other side taking the risk for these types.

For the on-chain bets we've brought in a few of these same smart bettors that you're talking about, Jason(MMAforMoney) and Sean(SuparTipstar).  They will review all of the processes from as many angles as possible, and make recommendations for a more secure and efficient system.  These two are the real deal and I'll see about maybe getting one or both to come here and answer some of the more technical questions from you all, you can check them out on twitter where they post a lot of their own solid picks for free.  Then there are quite a few other long-time bettors that aren't a part of the team, but still make solid contributions.  David has honestly done a great job in listening to these experienced bettors and in trying to implement their suggestions.  Some people will try to say "Oh he's just a doctor, what could he really know about blockchains and gambling?", but it's pretty clear he's quite intelligent and could learn just about anything if he has enough motivation.

I can't really go into too much detail yet about how we plan to handle on-chain betting initially, but we're well aware of the points you guys are making.  It's actually good to see a bit more serious talk around here, which is why I wanted to respond.  What I can say for sure though is that the network of masternodes/oracles will eventually run the network, so a better question might be how would you (or a group of users) handle these issues?  Developers would really only be able to submit proposals, it would ultimately be up to you guys to decide on which one(s) to implement.  

I'm not sure the community realizes just how much control they will have over the network.  It's pretty much impossible to see which ways this thing will go and a great deal is subject to change due to our decentralized nature.  This is a fairly unique project which we hope will be disruptive to the gambling industry because it has been failing its users more and more in recent years...especially with the global patchwork of regulations further complicating things.  With that said though, Wagerr will still try to do its best to work with existing structures of the industry.

Edit - When I said restrictions above, I mainly meant overall limitations on bet sizes that apply to everyone...not restrictions on winning bettors.  We actually want those types of people, their achievements should be promoted instead of trying to restrict them unfairly or even outright ban them.  I'm sure many of them would eventually get interested in running a masternode and using their knowledge to improve the network, there would certainly be a lot of incentive to do so....more than pretty much any other network at least.
lotuspod

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:00:51 AM

how are you going to attract players? the best odds, I do not believe in this, I'm still waiting for a clear answer

Like I was saying above, the current industry isn't exactly a prime model of efficiency and thankfully we've already built up a great deal of support from our community.  We've got a lot planned on the marketing/promotion side later on, but what we'd really like to see more of right now are highly technical users who are very forward-thinking.  Once everything is up and running fairly stable, then when we can really begin to formally introduce Wagerr to the gambling world.  We're already making preparations for this, we just need to make sure we get plenty of people who can run a high-quality masternode(s).

It's also important to note that a lot of our marketing concerns are common to cryptos in general really.  We realize that we will need to have something that is simple and practical, which is certainly much easier said than done for blockchain technology especially.  This will surely take significant time to develop and refine, getting helpful feedback from the community during these stages will be important for us.

We have to be realistic though, it will take a lot of time and effort to build up a sizable amount of traffic.  It simply won't just happen overnight.  We will likely need a year or two, in order to cycle through all of the major sporting events once or twice.
SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:59:55 AM

Is there actually a limit to the number of masternodes in the network?

lotuspod

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:41:27 AM

Is there actually a limit to the number of masternodes in the network?

2000 masternodes is the planned limit, however it could change if the network reaches a consensus on something else.  One thing to be aware of though, is that masternodes probably won't generate much wgr during the earliest months.  Those who are only concerned about profit should consider just staking at first, and maybe running a single masternode simply to learn.

I don't think we will hit that 2000 limit for quite some time, so nobody should be worried about being left out  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 241 »
  Print  

Jump to: