Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:20:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] [WGR] | Wagerr | The Betting Blockchain | Bounties  (Read 237303 times)
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:57:21 PM

patience best be rewarded here nicely.............................................................!

$ADK ~ watch & learn...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 11:13:41 PM

patience best be rewarded here nicely.............................................................!

Just hold! That's the best strategy in cryptocurrency!!

From my personal opinion, you should never cash out before some value multipliers!! You will regret it later!  Grin

Firstly, I have invested in Wagerr because I thought it has potential! And it still have… Just need to wait...
steve2507

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:35:51 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 09:20:47 AM by steve2507

So I have been planning on setting up a masternode since the ICO. It was a high risk investment for me at the beginning, not knowning what it would turn out to be.
I do however see great potential. For me this is one the first true useful implementations of the blockchain.

Over the past few days I have taken the time to have a thorough look at the whitepaper. My prime interest is to see what it takes to setup a functioning masternode.
I'm not talking about the 25k WGR investment, that's a given. This is about the technology requirements behind the masternode.
It's good to see that others (@Spartaneous) are also asking technical questions. From what I read, Wagerr is relying heavily on the implementations of masternodes to become a success.

Another thing I'm interested in is the progress by the development team and the supposed 15jan mainnet release. But I will dedicate a seperate post on that topic.

So, I have a couple of technical/implementation questions;

1)
@Spartaneous started of with a good one;
2) Does every masternode get the same requests or are some masternodes responsible for certain results and some others for other results?
Answered by @lotuspod with;
It's still a bit early for some specifics, ... these sources most likely will be randomly assigned to each MN.

One of the risks with WGR is that if someone has sufficient funds, they could get the 75% majority and decide the outcome for each game on the WGR network. In the whitepaper this is downplayed by the fact that making abuse of such a majority would probably have negative effects for the investor that holds 75% or more masternodes. Nonetheless, this is a potential risk.
With the answer provided by @lotuspod however, this potential attack vector suddenly becomes a lot bigger. Although from a technical standpoint I do understand that you may not need or want to have all results polled against every masternode, not doing so would inherintely increase the risk that someone has a 75% majority on a given result.
I wonder what the thoughts of the Wagerr team are on this.

2)
I'm planning on writing a NodeJS scraper, or possibly implementing something using https://xible.io.
So, to implement this, some kind of API docs must be available which explains the interface to the masternode.
This question will also be part of my next post on that 15jan release; but how can those docs not already be available if the release is so close?

3)
Will every masternode be expected to return results on every league as part of WGR right now? That's a fairly long list already and from a developer standpoint it would be nice to be able to opt-in or opt-out for some leagues. Especially in the beginning, where a developer will probably implement a scraper league-by-league or site-by-site (where a single website may hold multiple leagues).
But, although this would be nice from a developer point-of-view, the earlier mentioned majority risk becomes an issue yet again...

4)
What will the interface look like for manual input into the masternode? Any screenshots of current beta's? (again part of my next post on development progress)

5)
Since I'm afraid that no docs will be available until the 15th, or perhaps even after that, we cannot expect that masternode developers have their end of the spectrum ready to go.
Manual input probably won't be an option as no one will have someone 24/7 behind a desk and results are expected to roll in within the hour after an event.
So will masternodes also be dropped in the early beginnings of the Wagerr (test?)net if they do not comply to the rules as they are currently set?

That's it for now.
Thanks!
marcelocoin

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

hi =D

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 10:14:02 PM

I see the volume and price of Wagerr go up gradually, this be a good sign, I hope that in 2018 the altcoins have their moment of high.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:40:48 PM

WGR starting its journey ahead of the altcoin bull market of 2018! Great that we are rewarded this early.

I guess its the perfect timing for WGR to release the mainnet in Q1 2018. The rally will surely start before that, but the release will accelerate it more and catapult WGR to new heights.
Azkabal

Activity: 389
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:57:08 AM

WGR starting its journey ahead of the altcoin bull market of 2018! Great that we are rewarded this early.

I guess its the perfect timing for WGR to release the mainnet in Q1 2018. The rally will surely start before that, but the release will accelerate it more and catapult WGR to new heights.

Is there any official date of starting the mainnet?

But hte price of wgr in usd is very depending on BTC grows, i am really scareed that BTC could go down and then all altcoins too=(
lotuspod

Activity: 225
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:41:54 PM

@steve2507

1)  The majority issue is true for pretty much any blockchain, however accumulating 75% of the masternodes just to change some bet results and essentially ruin the chain...would simply be very impractical to the point of being nearly impossible.  Besides that, I have a lot of trust and respect for the newly established Wagerr community as a whole.  During the few rough months awhile back, a lot of the weak hands sold off and we were left with a solid core of very supportive members and many of which aren't very easily swayed by financial gain alone.  Some of us have even been victims of all sorts of pretty shady practices by some of the centralized gambling networks, personally this has been my main motivation for wanting this project to succeed.

I also think I wasn't clear enough on how I explained it in the previous post, and it may have caused you to misunderstand.  My main point wasn't that a subset of the masternodes would be randomly polled for results(I don't have details on that part yet but I made a note to try to get you all some), I meant that the actual results sources could be randomly assigned to masternodes so that everyone isn't using the same source or few sources...such that certain sources aren't too unfairly weighted.  This is much more likely to pose a realistic security issue with the results, rather than someone buying out 75% of the masternodes.  But even this isn't much of an issue, since if too many of the major results sources are incorrect a meaningful % of the time...then the sportsbetting industry as a whole would be having some serious issues  Shocked

2)  The reason that docs like you're referring to aren't out yet is that h2h and other types of betting won't be included in the initial mainnet release on Jan 15th.  Instead, the masternodes will get at least half of the staking rewards and at least half of the transactions fees until mainnet h2h betting is implemented.  We will have a few months to get familiar with the testnet first, and bring h2h over to mainnet when we all are feeling comfortable with it. I do agree with you that getting some of these related docs out as early as possible will be very helpful to the community and we'll try to get you the relevant info as soon as it becomes available to us.

3)  I don't think you'll need to post every single league worldwide, there will likely be some sort of minimum requirements though to make sure each masternode contributes its fair share of the work.  Sorry for having to give the same response so many times, but it's yet another set of details that I'm going to make sure to annoy the devs about for you guys and try to get back to you ASAP.

4)  I really (really!) tried on this one to get some screenshots in the most recent email/news update, but I can't talk about these things specifically just yet Sad  However I can say to keep an eye on this thread and our Discord/Telegram servers as we inch our way closer to mainnet release.

5)  I wouldn't rule anything out quite yet, let me see what I can do Wink

*Remember none of this is exactly set in stone yet, certainly not until I get some confirmations on those specific details that I'm unsure on and also hopefully get some documents and/or screenshots for you all within a reasonable time.

**The best place by far for you and others who are interested in running masternodes is the #masternodes-oracles channel on the Wagerr Discord server, if you aren't already there.  Be sure to check the pinned messages in that channel for lots of interesting tidbits of info you may not have caught.  
Fabriz

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:59:21 PM

But will be possible bet for real football match or only for esports ?
bribed

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:00:27 PM

But hte price of wgr in usd is very depending on BTC grows, i am really scareed that BTC could go down and then all altcoins too=(

No I dont think that there is an specific date already scheduled. But it should happen in Q1 2018.

Dont worry about the price of BTC, the market is volatile thats for sure, if BTC crashes, alts will likely suffer a lot too, but they will recover! I just hold WGR for the long run and dont care much about the current pricing, sure its nice to be in profit, but all in all, it will be worth much more in some years. Just hold!
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:07:08 PM

can't wait to see this fucking moon in 2018

lol if anyone fell for the fud as work happens behind the scenes on real projects

but...devs you HAVE to get this coin on trex or at least binance or polo!

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
harimauagam

Activity: 410

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:16:49 PM

the project is very smoothly made by the manager ,, but there must have been an unexpected, though little, error, but I will still support it until it succeeds, I'm very interested but I still follow other signatures.
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:48:46 PM

lol if anyone fell for the fud as work happens behind the scenes on real projects

I agree. Wagerr should appear on stock exchanges with large volumes. Then the token will be well raised in price. Participated in the first round of the ICO. According to Fiat, wgr has risen well in price.
We are waiting for January.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
hannusolo

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:18:16 PM

No I dont think that there is an specific date already scheduled. But it should happen in Q1 2018.

Dont worry about the price of BTC, the market is volatile thats for sure, if BTC crashes, alts will likely suffer a lot too, but they will recover! I just hold WGR for the long run and dont care much about the current pricing, sure its nice to be in profit, but all in all, it will be worth much more in some years. Just hold!

15th January is the scheduled date for both main and testnet
lotuspod

Activity: 225
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:52:46 AM

Once we have mainnet up and rolling we would be able to better justify sinking some resources into trying to get listed on large exchanges.  As many of us know, the large centralized exchanges are highly pay-to-play...among other things.  It likely wouldn't be as efficient to pay a sort of double-tax along with allocating extra time/effort to those guys just to try and get our temporary token listed for only a few months.  Yes it means we have to delay our potential gratification a bit - but the silver lining is that our loyal supporters have extra time to accumulate and to get familiar with the team, the community, and the project itself.

I'm not saying the team will jump for the top centralized exchanges right away after mainnet either, things like these could take some time and even then nothing can be certain about it.  Also, the crypto industry moves fast and new solutions are arriving constantly.  
ChromaticStar

Activity: 217

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:55:07 AM

I know there are a few other sports betting projects at the moment, but I have not been following their progress. Has anyone else been following them? Is Wagerr really going to have the first mover advantage with this?
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:34:32 AM

I'm sure after the January 15th release, we will see Wagerr getting listed on larger exchanges since it will no longer be on the Waves platform.  Bittrex, Poloniex and Binance would be great additions. 
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:09:51 AM

Awesome work devs. The project is looking good.  Nice price increase this last week.  Will be trading at $10 before we know it.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
bribed

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:48:22 PM

Awesome work devs. The project is looking good.  Nice price increase this last week.  Will be trading at $10 before we know it.

I cant say that I wouldnt love this pricing for WGR, but I think $10 is a lot. I dont really think that we will see this forecast become a reality anytime soon. But hopefully this market proves me wrong again and it will become a reality. I would be more than happy to see WGR trading at $2 after the mainnet is released. That would be awesome!
elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:14:21 PM

I cant say that I wouldnt love this pricing for WGR, but I think $10 is a lot. I dont really think that we will see this forecast become a reality anytime soon. But hopefully this market proves me wrong again and it will become a reality. I would be more than happy to see WGR trading at $2 after the mainnet is released. That would be awesome!
prices may change over time and are difficult to predict, but with the advancement and development of these coins all can happen at a price that will make good progress. we know that all has worked well and we'll see next
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:03:58 PM

Awesome work devs. The project is looking good.  Nice price increase this last week.  Will be trading at $10 before we know it.

It is important that after each bet, the number of wgr tokens will be burned. In the world there will be less and less tokens. If the wagerr platform is popular, the wgr tokens will be very expensive.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 241 »
  Print  

Jump to: