Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:09:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!  (Read 203077 times)
Yeso

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:23:19 PM

Great project!
I,m just bought some WTT for my coming mining life .
Question: Should i ships my miners to giga watt and mining now so i can apply WTT token immediately once its issues ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenocyde

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:44:13 PM

As for me, the project is not original. Already there were similar. And the maximum capitalization is very large.

Care to elaborate on what other projects have done this before? Also, why isn't it good if the capitalization is large?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:52:36 PM

True, I am still doubting on purchasing some panda miners. However, ETC is not switching to POS soon and is almost equal in profitability. My only concern is that all hashing power now used for mining ETH will switch to ETC and will reduce profitability in mining ETC significantly. Is there a fixed date on which ETH will switch to POS?

I doubt that a lot of it will switch to ETC - ETC is fairly small.

A LOT will switch to ZEC.

Some will switch to XMR.

Smaller amounts will switch to smaller coins like ETC and ZEN and such.

Some will see the drop in profitability, say "no more" because they are in high-price electric areas and just sell out or turn their mining rigs into gaming rigs or some such.

The thing about GPU miners is that they can easily be adapted to a new coin that is GPU mineable. Bitcoin went CPU ➜ GPU ➜ FPGA ➜ ASIC. The same for Litecoin. I mined some LTC back in late 2011/early 2012 using older computers and heating a room in my house for a couple of months. That LTC has funded my current cryptocurrency adventures. My only wish is that I had held it until now, but hey, that's life. I have a low-end GPU miner (see my sig) that I use to play with GPU coins. I currently switch back and forth between ETH and ZEC, but can mine any coin that has miner software written to take advantage of my GPU.

GPU mineable coins require a relatively small amount of money and some software smarts to be able to optimize the hashing algorithms to run efficiently on a variety of GPU architectures (there are several different architectures for each of the two big player's GPUs). The end-users will have, or will build, their own mining rigs which can double as gaming machines. The costs to design, build, and sell an FPGA miner at scale (more than just code running on a widely available dev board) are significantly more than GPU rigs, and ASIC miners are significantly more expensive than FPGA rigs.

I like the idea of the PandaMiner machines (custom motherboard with off the shelf GPUs). It was just a matter of time before someone made the effort to do that. Think about it. There are a bunch of people who are building and selling (at a premium) five, six, or seven GPU mining rigs based on consumer motherboards. It was just a matter of time before a company took advantage of their resources to build a dedicated GPU miner.

Cheers,

- zed

No mining at the moment.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 08:09:06 PM

Really interesting, must add a referral link to my Minera project

https://cryptonomos.com/?r=T0UpKufPvJ5Ob1sT6MA8irsS
I remember using Minera, best mining dashboard ever! Wish it could be adapted to use on GPU rigs, miss using Minera with my old Gridseeds even if they never turned a profit. I'll use your link just as another donation for some really solid software!

Liquid71

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 08:16:13 PM

Find it odd they did ICO on ETH when ETH is going POS when they could have chosen ETC. Does anyone know a reason why they couldn't have used ETC?

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 09:26:38 PM

Find it odd they did ICO on ETH when ETH is going POS when they could have chosen ETC. Does anyone know a reason why they couldn't have used ETC?

Because ETC has a much smaller market cap and is somewhat harder to trade?

Also, ETH isn't going POS real soon - they're planning a "phased-in" multi-stage transition starting around end of the year.

I don't remember any Scrypt (Litecoin) FPGA miners, seems to have skipped straight from GPU to ASIC.

X11 (Dash etc) definitely skipped FPGA.

I do agree that GPU rigs are a lot more flexable - it's the tradeoff for them being less efficient than an ASIC.

Panda wasn't the first "custom GPU" type rig, more like 3'd I think - they do seem to have become the most popular though due to good marketing and *relatively* reasonable pricing compared to the earlier entries.
 It's too bad they insist on using the "mobile" type boards rather than standard boards, but they can cram those mobile boards in tighter.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:16:11 PM

I don't remember any Scrypt (Litecoin) FPGA miners, seems to have skipped straight from GPU to ASIC.

I do agree that GPU rigs are a lot more flexable - it's the tradeoff for them being less efficient than an ASIC.

Hmmm, could have sworn that there were FPGA LTC miners. No biggie. ASICs are where it's at today for sure.

Panda wasn't the first "custom GPU" type rig, more like 3'd I think - they do seem to have become the most popular though due to good marketing and *relatively* reasonable pricing compared to the earlier entries.
 It's too bad they insist on using the "mobile" type boards rather than standard boards, but they can cram those mobile boards in tighter.

Hmmm, I must have missed the other ones. The mobile vs. standard GPU is yet another trade-off. But, as you said, it allows them to cram more of them into a given space.

No mining at the moment.
Liquid71

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:25:32 PM

Because ETC has a much smaller market cap and is somewhat harder to trade?

Also, ETH isn't going POS real soon - they're planning a "phased-in" multi-stage transition starting around end of the year.

LTC definitely had FPGA they were sold by a guy who ended up creating Litecoin Gear which turned out to be a cloud mining ponzi. The x11 FPGA were kept secret, but the hashrate showed they must have existed since it was unprofitable for long periods of time to mine DASH but it had massive amounts of hash power. This was when it was called Dark Coin. The Litecoin Gear ponzi sold x11 FPGA "shares" so no idea if he actually did build them or not. So no hard evidence of FPGA in x11 but there were community member that purchased and used FPGA for Litecoin, it was on their old forums. The guy selling them went by "beekeeper" and was also on bitcointalk. I'm sure there were other FPGA but thats the one I'm aware of. His legitimate FPGA he sold is what allowed him to create the cloud mining ponzi and get a lot of people to invest.

ETH will get a wider audience so will attract more investment into the ICO but ETC is just as easy to invest with. Just surprised a company whose business is based on PoW would chose a coin planning to go PoS

Liquid71

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:09:35 AM

It's not as secure, you can read this article for an example 8 Million Vericoin Hack Prompts Unplanned Hard Fork to Recover Funds

But if Ethereum can pull off a new system that is secure then maybe the price won't be hurt. I was just saying I would think a company whose business is proof of work crypto currency would hold their ICO on a proof of work version of Ether. I guess they chose the wider audience, nothing wrong with that just found it curious considering the business they are in, mining.

michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 06:31:16 AM

I remember using Minera, best mining dashboard ever! Wish it could be adapted to use on GPU rigs, miss using Minera with my old Gridseeds even if they never turned a profit. I'll use your link just as another donation for some really solid software!

Hey thank you man! Unfortunately Minera still lacks on GPU support, many are asking for that and may be I will find the time to do something, can I ask you what miner software do you use to manage yours?

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:34:57 AM

Sounds like an interesting project, not sure the saving for mining is real, seems there are misc fees to do mining, might mine at home if the electricity fee is low.
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:12:25 AM

A new update on the Toke Sale page:

https://cryptonomos.com/wtt/

I was looking for a refund to buy a l3 miner and split the amount with wtt. Would have been a great idea, even now, to make the option of buying equipment with wtt. In my case I'd like to profit from the availability of the equipment right away and the bonus of wtt. if I would ship to my country, the effort would be greater and the wait about the same I think.
Xenocyde

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:03:27 AM

Can I reserve Romanian translation? Haven't seen anyone reserving it here, but maybe they reserved via email.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:01:04 AM

The x11 FPGA were kept secret, but the hashrate showed they must have existed since it was unprofitable for long periods of time to mine DASH but it had massive amounts of hash power.

Keep in mind that a lot of major farms pay less than 3c/kwh for electric - back in the Darkcoin days even with 8c I was break-even at WORST (but summer rate at 14 convinced me to move to something else, and I never looked back).

No need for hypothetical FPGA-based X11 miners to explain why it got unprofitable for many small miners.

I doubt that ETH going to PoS will affect it's price as such - it WILL kill the ability of miners to mine it once it goes 100% PoS, but miner profitability does NOT drive price - price drives profitability.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
emmettoc

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:51:07 PM

Still no response regarding withdrawal of deposited coins, BTC/ETH. I think that they can not support miners well after ICO even if this is not a scam. Poor support.
tristan1960

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:20:44 PM

do you provide only electricity and facility area? or do you also provide mining equipment if we pay for it? i really wonder this question.
Liquid71

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:50:37 PM

Hey thank you man! Unfortunately Minera still lacks on GPU support, many are asking for that and may be I will find the time to do something, can I ask you what miner software do you use to manage yours?
lately i've been lazy using nicehash. They should hire you to do UX upgrades, they do pay bounties. If they were able to get Minera level user experience they would totally dominate. Even if you could make more mining somewhere else you wouldn't want to leave the Minera interface so you'd stay on Nicehash  Grin
I'm using Nvidia GPU also so there aren't many software to manage farms, although I read PiMP added nvidia support. I just use ccminer and bat files. You really did an amazing job with the entire layout and design of Minera, if Nicehash or anyone else wanted to upgrade their design they'd be crazy not to hire you.

Liquid71

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:04:42 PM

The x11 FPGA were kept secret, but the hashrate showed they must have existed since it was unprofitable for long periods of time to mine DASH but it had massive amounts of hash power.

Keep in mind that a lot of major farms pay less than 3c/kwh for electric - back in the Darkcoin days even with 8c I was break-even at WORST (but summer rate at 14 convinced me to move to something else, and I never looked back).

No need for hypothetical FPGA-based X11 miners to explain why it got unprofitable for many small miners.

I doubt that ETH going to PoS will affect it's price as such - it WILL kill the ability of miners to mine it once it goes 100% PoS, but miner profitability does NOT drive price - price drives profitability.

No there were definitely x11 miners, there were single nicehash addresses with 30+ GH mining which in GPU days was pretty massive. the reason it was unprofitable was because of the difficulty not so much the coin price. The hashrate kept growing despite the price not growing and other coins being more profitable. it was a bear market for all coins but people would rotate to whatever was turning a profit, yet the hashpower being thrown at x11 always went up even if the coin price dropped. FPGA aren't hard, they sell kits for them. I'm not smart enough to do it but it's not rocket science. Anyway nobody was publicly selling them except for the scam cloud mining guy so no hard proof but there were people on bitcointalk claiming to have seen x11 fpga farms in China.
Only two other coins have ASIC, Bitcoin and Litecoin and both of them had FPGA before ASIC so it would actually be odd if X11 didn't have FPGA. The kits are cheap and design is easier than ASIC. It would be pretty odd if nobody did FPGA before jumping to ASIC.
One reason FPGA aren't sold publicly is they are easy to copy, so all the work put into design if somebody got their hands on it they could buy a kit and reproduce it easily. I'm not an FPGA expert, just a forum lurker but from what I read there are FPGA that can protect from copying but they are expensive. Those with the skills to program the FPGA make more mining for themselves building up a farm rather than selling a couple and having their deisgn copied and then they have to compete with others, so it makes economic sense to keep FPGA secret.
Decred algo was a good algo for FPGA, if the devs were smart they designed some FPGA before releasing the coin so they could mine super efficient. ANd actually I remember Vanilla coin or something similiar to that the dev actually did build FPGA and had videos of it. I wasn't into that coin so not sure if he sold or shared his design or what but I remember seeing it and it wasn't so fast it made GPU unprofitable but it was super efficient using very little power compared to GPU.
Anyway they are more common than most think, and if a coin made it all the way to ASIC I'd be willing to bet it had an FPGA along the line.

Liquid71

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:08:27 PM

A new update on the Toke Sale page:

https://cryptonomos.com/wtt/

I was looking for a refund to buy a l3 miner and split the amount with wtt. Would have been a great idea, even now, to make the option of buying equipment with wtt. In my case I'd like to profit from the availability of the equipment right away and the bonus of wtt. if I would ship to my country, the effort would be greater and the wait about the same I think.
Reading the whitepaper it says if you don't have enough tokens you pay the retail rate for whatever power you are using over the token amount. So I would think if you setup an l3 now at regular prices once the tokens are released your hosting fees would be lowered to the token level. And you can send them or have your miner shipped to them you don't have to buy it from them. I'd contact them to make sure you can apply your tokens to your hosting plan once they are released but my guess is it should work.

darkblitzrc

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:30:03 PM

do you provide only electricity and facility area? or do you also provide mining equipment if we pay for it? i really wonder this question.

do you even read the first post? yes they do provide that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: