Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:39:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!  (Read 203076 times)
ilostmyface

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:04:15 PM

When will space be available to rent to those miners who are not tokenholders?

Unless you purchased a miner previous to our policy change- you now have to be a token holder to buy a miner or use our facilities to host your equipment- then you won't be able to rent our space out.

If you are unable to host miners without owning WTT, then where will the demand to rent WTT come from? All miners will have WTT and not need to rent with this policy. Leaving owners of WTT without hardware unable to rent their tokens.

Maybe I'm confused..
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jambo110
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:25:17 AM

Unless you purchased a miner previous to our policy change- you now have to be a token holder to buy a miner or use our facilities to host your equipment- then you won't be able to rent our space out.

If you are unable to host miners without owning WTT, then where will the demand to rent WTT come from? All miners will have WTT and not need to rent with this policy. Leaving owners of WTT without hardware unable to rent their tokens.

Maybe I'm confused..

A good question
Mr Frog

Activity: 168

Bitcoin is the King

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:47:18 PM

Maybe I'm confused..

A good question

They already have enough miners without token for the token holders. That is why I believe they change their policy.
They need to find the balance. Logic.

I did not post this message, The Russians did it !
Gaster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:31:05 PM

Another ICO that wants millions and at the end there will probably be no data center for all of the token users.

Keep draining your money people  Lips sealed
Gaster

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:32:14 PM

Maybe I'm confused..

Token holders are already fucked Cheesy
Mrbates

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:01:25 PM

Maybe I'm confused..

Token holders are already fucked Cheesy

From telegram:
We can't guarantee that all WTT will be rented out but we have really high demand on miners.

I know thats not a direct answer but it is what was given when the same question was posed.

rafzalan

Activity: 714
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:15:21 PM

One of the best tokens ever, I'm very hopeful.
A real problem, with a fast solution, right way, from professionals and well experienced stuff.
This is the future of mining, must extend to more algos.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
mikerudie

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:51:16 PM

I've just learned about Giga Watt in the last few days, and I'm very interested, but I have a few questions!  Have been looking things over here, but I'm still unsure of a few things.

I understand that by purchasing WTT Tokens now, I can host miners at Giga Watt "rent free" for 50 years.

I understand if I want to actually MINE, I would need WTT Tokens AND Miners.

I understand that miners are incredibly hard to come by right now whether purchasing directly from Giga Watt or elsewhere.

I understand that if I purchase WTT Tokens, but cannot get any miners of my own, I can "rent" out my WTT Tokens to people with miners, but no tokens.

I hope "my understanding" is correct on all the above points.

My DESIRE would be to purchase 1,760 WTT Tokens, (2) Antminer L3+ miners, and host them "rent free" at Giga Watt and mine Litecoin for the next 50 years.
I presume this would be a very optimal setup, is that correct?

THE PROBLEM is finding and purchasing (2) Antminer L3+ miners.

Questions:

If I purchase 1,760 WTT Tokens in the ICO, can I "rent" them out UNTIL I can secure (2) Antminer L3+ miners?
(I'm really NOT INTERESTED in merely renting out my WTT Tokens as I don't like the ROI time by renting only.  I am also concerned with some of the things I've read here about having any demand from miners to even rent WTT tokens!  If that were the case, I'd be sitting with 1,760 WTT Tokens that only have speculative value.)

Speaking of speculative value, it appears that WTT Tokens WILL appear on crypto exchanges - IS THAT CORRECT?

If so, has it been announced which crypto exchanges WTT Tokens will appear on?

If someone has miners, but no WTT Tokens, I see that they could either rent WTT Tokens or wait to purchase their own WTT Tokens when they appear on an exchange - IS THAT CORRECT?

Is there any commitments required when renting in regards to length of time/duration?  If I'm renting WTT Tokens, I may at some point acquire miners, and not want to rent my WTT Tokens out anymore - am I locked into a time commitment? For those that start out with miners, and renting WTT Tokens, what if they want to later purchase WTT Tokens off an exchange, are they in a time commitment with their initial rental agreement of WTT Tokens?

Is it true you need to be a WTT TOKEN HOLDER to even purchase miners directly from Giga Watt?

Ideally, it would appear my best bet would be to wait until I can secure a couple of Antminer L3+ miners, and at that time hope I can pick up some WTT Tokens off an exchange, or just pay rent to a WTT Token Holder to host my miners - IS THAT CORRECT?

WHY would I purchase 1,760 WTT Tokens in advance if I DON'T have any miners yet, and I'm NOT interested in renting out WTT Tokens (because I don't like the ROI time)?

Is there any speculation of whether WTT Tokens will go up/down once they get listed on a crypto exchange?

If the speculation is that they would hold value or even go UP in value, then purchasing 1,760 WTT Tokens during the ICO would make sense.

If the speculation is that they will go DOWN in value once they list on an exchange, it would make most sense to WAIT and just acquire WTT Tokens at a lower price from an exchange when I can acquire a couple Antminer L3+ miners.

Will Giga Watt allow me to host my miners rent free with them if I purchase my WTT Tokens at a later date from an exchange versus buying them now during the ICO?

I'd appreciate any answers/thoughts/opinions anyone would like to offer to my post here.

Thanks
Mike Rudie (NEW Member of the Bitcoin Forum)
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:27:49 PM

I've just learned about Giga Watt in the last few days, and I'm very interested, but I have a few questions!  Have been looking things over here, but I'm still unsure of a few things.

I understand that by purchasing WTT Tokens now, I can host miners at Giga Watt "rent free" for 50 years.

There is the charge for electricity and maintenance, as a holder of WTT tokens you are guaranteed space in the facility for your miners.

They are indeed in demand. Keep an eye on the Giga Watt web to see when they become available. Also, send an email to Giga Watt sales/support and tell them that you want two L3+ miners. Before you do that, at least buy the WTT tokens and make sure that you have enough to pay for the miners.

When I ordered my L3+ a while back I had purchased WTT tokens (hopefully in batch 1), and had bitcoin ready to pay for the miner. I understand that things have changed since then. Giga Watt can tell you the new requirements if you contact them.

Questions:
Speaking of speculative value, it appears that WTT Tokens WILL appear on crypto exchanges - IS THAT CORRECT?

That's what has been communicated.

No. That will come sometime after the ICO has completed. I seem to recall seeing an estimated date earlier in this thread.

Ideally, it would appear my best bet would be to wait until I can secure a couple of Antminer L3+ miners, and at that time hope I can pick up some WTT Tokens off an exchange, or just pay rent to a WTT Token Holder to host my miners - IS THAT CORRECT?

WHY would I purchase 1,760 WTT Tokens in advance if I DON'T have any miners yet, and I'm NOT interested in renting out WTT Tokens (because I don't like the ROI time)?

If you know you want to have Giga Watt host your miners, buy the WTT now during the ICO. Worst case is that you hold the WTT until you can order miners from Giga Watt or somehow secure your own miners that you can then send to Giga Watt.

Is there any speculation of whether WTT Tokens will go up/down once they get listed on a crypto exchange?

If the speculation is that they would hold value or even go UP in value, then purchasing 1,760 WTT Tokens during the ICO would make sense.

If the speculation is that they will go DOWN in value once they list on an exchange, it would make most sense to WAIT and just acquire WTT Tokens at a lower price from an exchange when I can acquire a couple Antminer L3+ miners.

Well, it is speculation. Prices could move higher or lower, depending on demand and supply of WTT on the exchange(s). If you buy in now you know the price you will be paying. If you wait until they are trading on an exchange, your guess is as good as anyone's as to what price you will pay at that time.

The value proposition for me, personally, is the availability of inexpensive electricity. Giga Watt's electricity plus maintenance cost is roughly 33% of what I pay now for electricity, and that doesn't include my cooling costs.

Will Giga Watt allow me to host my miners rent free with them if I purchase my WTT Tokens at a later date from an exchange versus buying them now during the ICO?

Try reading older messages in this thread. I believe that this question was already answered. You could also contact Giga Watt directly and ask.

No mining at the moment.
daylateandadollarshort

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:40:00 PM

You have a good understanding of everything, from what I know so far.

NOTE: These are not official answers as I am not related to the project. But I thought you had good questions and I wanted to provide the answers for you.

I hope "my understanding" is correct on all the above points.

Yes, it is.

I presume this would be a very optimal setup, is that correct?
"very" is a relative term. It might be more optimal to have 20 L3's and 18000 token. Who knows?
But two L3's with 1760 tokens will work great.

I pre ordered a couple of them a few months ago, and recently sold them on ebay. There are more available on ebay, but for a serious premium.

If I purchase 1,760 WTT Tokens in the ICO, can I "rent" them out UNTIL I can secure (2) Antminer L3+ miners?
Yes.

This is what we have been told, but detail have been scarce.

Not that I know of.

If someone has miners, but no WTT Tokens, I see that they could either rent WTT Tokens or wait to purchase their own WTT Tokens when they appear on an exchange - IS THAT CORRECT?
This is my understanding.

Is there any commitments required when renting in regards to length of time/duration?  If I'm renting WTT Tokens, I may at some point acquire miners, and not want to rent my WTT Tokens out anymore - am I locked into a time commitment? For those that start out with miners, and renting WTT Tokens, what if they want to later purchase WTT Tokens off an exchange, are they in a time commitment with their initial rental agreement of WTT Tokens?
I have not seen this be clarified.

Is it true you need to be a WTT TOKEN HOLDER to even purchase miners directly from Giga Watt?
Yes. (This did not used to be the case, but it is now.)

That is a matter of opinion and psychic powers. It depends how much you are able to buy the token for on the exchanges and their availability. And it assumes that renting out the tokens is a bad thing to do in the interim.

Maybe you think the ICO price is a good (low) price. Or maybe you're concerned about available supply on the open market post ico.

We're all speculating, to some extent. But I have not seen any super thorough analysis form anyone.

Answering your own questions now Smiley

Yes, that is my understanding. The token's value is intrinsic, regardless of where/how you get the token.

If/when you decide to buy your tokens, you can do so here: https://cryptonomos.com/?r=1lv0eNDlOmhWNTu18ev35yyLJ

killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 04:14:03 AM

The Greek translation is now updated here

https://bitcoingarden.org/forum/index.php?topic=15337.msg180741#msg180741

and here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954941.msg20481063#msg20481063
cryptovn83

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:28:43 AM

I will take another L3 when it comes to available again.
booze

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:49:14 PM

I'm really interested in this project, but:

Can I send you my personal miners to host at your facility?
Or do I need to buy the ones you are reselling (with a premium)?

Sure the power is cheaper, but if the miners costs 600$ more for each machine, it suddenly doesnt look so good anymore.

Cheers,
Tore

Seriously? By the time you worry about shipping and possible taxes for an A5, its next to nothing in the scheme of things.
kaevandus

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:21:13 PM

I have not seen this be clarified.

Vlad and Vladimir Pulkhrov, who I assume are Cryptonomos representatives, have said in the WTT Token Offering Telegram channel that rentees can take back their tokens at any time.  They haven't said that renters can stop renting at any time, so that isn't clear to me yet.

Here are a few of their messages from the past week: https://imgur.com/a/JFH7I

I would prefer being able to lock WTT rental in for a specific term, both as a renter and rentee, but maybe Giga Watt will implement that feature later.  Predictability and stability are positive attributes in any market, but a lack of lock-in would be attractive for renters.  Two sides of the same coin, if you'll forgive the pun.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:58:25 PM

Can't believe this hasn't sold out yet. Most honest legit ICO ever, and has real long term opportunities to profit unlike others that are pump and dump or buy a bunch of hype and pray that the devs are miracle workers and can pull it off..

Seriously anyone involved in crypto, miner or not, Bitcoin maximalist or alt enthusiast, should all give this ICO a serious look. I know I'm preaching to the choir in this thread but I am selling off some of my crypto to buy more even if it is .20c higher than when I first bought in. Fact it hasn't sold out means more demand for rentals so I don't have any worries about there not being enough demand to rent tokens out and earn good returns.
I do wish/hope you guys get more miners in stock sooner than later but in the meantime I'm changing my plan from having a few extra to rent out to dumping most of my crypto holdings to buy WTT to rent out not just power my miners.  Cool

ZedZedNova

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:23:56 PM

Can't believe this hasn't sold out yet. Most honest legit ICO ever, and has real long term opportunities to profit unlike others that are pump and dump or buy a bunch of hype and pray that the devs are miracle workers and can pull it off..

Investing in warehouses is rarely exciting, even if those warehouses are being leased/sold to the big "A" e-tailer, and let's face it, these are warehouses with lots of fans and an excess of (cheap) power.

Giga Watt and Cryptonomos didn't push any crazy hype, or at least what I saw wasn't crazy hype. They promoted what it was that they have for sale, and that's access to a managed hosting site with cheap hydro-power and an experienced team.

The WTT tokens I bought and the L3+ miner I ordered are a small percentage of my overall portfolio, and something that if it goes to zero, will not radically impact me. I'll not be thrilled if the investment does go to zero, of course, but this is a rational way to build on a new type of asset class (crypto currencies) that seems to have significant upside. In the short term we'll have to put up with the huge volatility, but that's life on the edge.

In fact the output of the L3+ will be used to buy more mining HW until I have purchased enough to consume all the WTT I have without having to rent WTT. At that point I will use the output of the miner to buy WTT, assuming I can buy more WTT, until such time as I have enough WTT for the next chunk of mining hardware. Once I have enough WTT for the next miner the output of the miners will be pooled to buy the next miner.

I'd like to see Giga Watt offer miners from other brands and other coins, but I understand that they need to be able to support those things.

No mining at the moment.
TheFriends

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:48:26 PM

I bought 3 L3 + and the difficulty is up 2x. I think in September the difficulty will be 4x above the difficulty of when I bought it.

If interested in high quality translations English-Portuguese please contact me via privat message or send an email to thefriendspt@gmail.com
Telegram: @thefriendspt
ZedZedNova

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:23:06 PM

I bought 3 L3 + and the difficulty is up 2x. I think in September the difficulty will be 4x above the difficulty of when I bought it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of crypto-currency mining. I think you are probably correct in your assessment of the increase in difficulty.

Just think, when your three miners arrive you will be contributing to the difficulty rise.  Grin

I see rising difficulty as necessary, in that if the difficulty to mine a coin is not rising, then the coin is not likely in demand, and likely not especially valuable to the broader market. Look at Bitcoin and Ethereum as two examples. Their difficulty is shooting to the moon as is their coin's value. The demand for the coins and their increasing value is driving more miners (HW and people like us) to mine them. As more miners are entering the game they are driving up the difficulty which is necessary to keep the block generation rate within the desired range.

As long as the coin's value rises at or above the same rate as the difficulty to mine the coin rises, then mining is profitable and the equipment purchased to mine eventually will return that investment (ROI). If you want ROI in a very short time, then you have to take a big risk as a very early adopter (like the April buyers of the L3+) on an untested device. Buying in now has a far reduced risk, but at the cost of a longer time to ROI. You also have to buy a sufficiently powerful miner. For example, my Gekko Science Compac USB stick miner will never achieve ROI, unless it finds a block, which is why I have it pointed at ck's solo pool. My S7LN with sidehack's power mod has returned my investment because the amount of Bitcoin it has found when converted to fiat is more than what I paid for it in fiat, but it has taken about a year.

No mining at the moment.
smoky

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:49:27 AM

i got some WTT  Cool Grin
fckltx

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:57:51 AM

id like to ask if any US citizen visited their facilities ? We have seen the photos in GW instagram acc but id like a confirmation that the facilities actually exist.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: