Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:31:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 455 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NULL  (Read 456063 times)
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:16:35 AM

Have had a very small amount of these I bought a while ago.  I just decided to buy 2K worth seeing the ATH was 4X where it is now and the fact they have a VISA Card now.  Isnt that a pretty big deal to have a card you can use anywhere?  I would think price would really surge after such an announcement. 
It would've surged if they didn't can the asset contract, which was the only reason a lot of investors joined in the first place.

Still think this has any legs ?  Saw a recent pump.  Seems like hitting 2X would be pretty doable if not more over time. 
Probably. Most people don't care about honesty or good products in crypto. If MonaCo was a company on the stock market it would plummet into the ground after its announcement of dropping dividends without even trying to find a replacement until investors complained about it. But in crypto it will probably go back up soon, because people don't even know what they are buying. They see big names like "VISA" and think they'll get rich if they buy it. Complete and utter lunacy if you ask me.

Definitely. I do like that consumers and investors, through selling off the token, forced the company to come up with other ways to generate value (even if it was after the fact). Obviously I would have preferred if it didn't take a sell off for this to happen, but the extra cashback on some cards and investigation of smart contract (probably token burn) is a good start.

So even if there aren't 'shares' in a company, they still respond to price signals on the token and community sentiment.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
backstreetboy6

Activity: 79
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:09:49 AM

question , monaco cant issue visa cards now?
rajravind

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:42:52 AM

Have had a very small amount of these I bought a while ago.  I just decided to buy 2K worth seeing the ATH was 4X where it is now and the fact they have a VISA Card now.  Isnt that a pretty big deal to have a card you can use anywhere?  I would think price would really surge after such an announcement.  
It would've surged if they didn't can the asset contract, which was the only reason a lot of investors joined in the first place.

Still think this has any legs ?  Saw a recent pump.  Seems like hitting 2X would be pretty doable if not more over time.  
Probably. Most people don't care about honesty or good products in crypto. If MonaCo was a company on the stock market it would plummet into the ground after its announcement of dropping dividends without even trying to find a replacement until investors complained about it. But in crypto it will probably go back up soon, because people don't even know what they are buying. They see big names like "VISA" and think they'll get rich if they buy it. Complete and utter lunacy if you ask me.

Doesn't matter anyway bcos the MCO still be converted into fiat before being used as a legal tender.
The way u r posting is like saying MCO token is useless.
Perhaps you should go thru their twitter again on the uses of the MCO tokens other than to reserve the cards.
Once the company started to lock in the tokens, then, the price will surge slowly which will happen soon.
Ur hatred towards the company decision on abandoning their initial plan ain't gonna influence anybody's decision, homie.
It doesn't matter if the tokens get locked up. Once the period is over there's no reason to hold them.
And even if there was, and the token price surged, it would become impossible for most people to pick up cards.

The only way to work around that is to change the amount of tokens required to reserve cards, which would have a direct influence on the token price and thus be market manipulation which is illegal.

And yes, I'm aware that greedy clowns like you won't care about whatever it is that MonaCo does as long as you can make some profits in the short term. That's precisely what I've pointed out in my posts before. Nonetheless, any serious investor has jumped ship, as you can clearly see in the token price.
But keep shilling for dishonest and lazy tactics for some spare change. Seems like you need it, so good luck with that.

P.S. There is no "other use of MCO tokens" right now. So you're either a clueless shill or a blatant liar. Pretty much what I've predicted already in either variant.

Keep shilling for short term profits ?
So, what you are here for ?
10 yrs long term investments?
Well, most probably thats the period u need to wait if you wanna fully enjoy the dividend sharing given if you got some decent amount of MCO tokens.
Previously , when they couldn't show up with their VISA, you were condemning on their capabilty on making a deal wit VISA.
And now when the VISA is out, you were f*cking talking abt the smart contract's dividends sharing.
Seriously ?

And what do u meant by there is no any other uses of MCO tokens ?
They already mentioned it is possible to convert it to fiat before using it with the cards.
Are you illiterate ?
Please show me where I did that.

And wow, you've really convinced me. We'll be able to use the card meant for spending cryptographic tokens and currencies to spend the MCO token? That's unheard of and will surely drive the price up and simultaneously solve the problem that I've mentioned in my last post!

It's quite amusing that someone with as little understanding of basic economics as you would question people's literacy by the way.

You're a very special person aren't you?

I am going thru every posts of you.
Will gt back to you abt it..
Seems like you r still nt answering my questions.
So, u r here for some kinda of charity if not for profit ?
I am here for profit for sure.
I dont need any clarification frm you to say that I am here for profits.

question , monaco cant issue visa cards now?

Approval done
Pls check https://mobile.twitter.com/monaco_card for more infos
Jeantheboy

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

I love argumentation.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 08:47:35 AM

Have had a very small amount of these I bought a while ago.  I just decided to buy 2K worth seeing the ATH was 4X where it is now and the fact they have a VISA Card now.  Isnt that a pretty big deal to have a card you can use anywhere?  I would think price would really surge after such an announcement.  

Still think this has any legs ?  Saw a recent pump.  Seems like hitting 2X would be pretty doable if not more over time.  

Doesn't matter anyway bcos the MCO still be converted into fiat before being used as a legal tender.
The way u r posting is like saying MCO token is useless.
Perhaps you should go thru their twitter again on the uses of the MCO tokens other than to reserve the cards.
Once the company started to lock in the tokens, then, the price will surge slowly which will happen soon.
Ur hatred towards the company decision on abandoning their initial plan ain't gonna influence anybody's decision, homie.
It doesn't matter if the tokens get locked up. Once the period is over there's no reason to hold them.
And even if there was, and the token price surged, it would become impossible for most people to pick up cards.

The only way to work around that is to change the amount of tokens required to reserve cards, which would have a direct influence on the token price and thus be market manipulation which is illegal.

And yes, I'm aware that greedy clowns like you won't care about whatever it is that MonaCo does as long as you can make some profits in the short term. That's precisely what I've pointed out in my posts before. Nonetheless, any serious investor has jumped ship, as you can clearly see in the token price.
But keep shilling for dishonest and lazy tactics for some spare change. Seems like you need it, so good luck with that.

P.S. There is no "other use of MCO tokens" right now. So you're either a clueless shill or a blatant liar. Pretty much what I've predicted already in either variant.

"It would become impossible for most people to pick up cards."
What does this mean? Please explain. Otherwise any argument is pointless. Why would most people should be unable to have their cards? Would the company impede the acquisition of the cards because the company is unable to comply with delivering the cards?
Why would there be no reason to hold the tokens after the lock-in period? The statements you made are not trivial. You need to elaborate. How can you know what is going to happen? How can you know about the progress of the company and the services provided by it?

"The only way to work around that is to change the amount of tokens required to reserve cards, which would have a direct influence on the token price and thus be market manipulation which is illegal."
What you are saying is that if the amount of tokens required to reserve cards is modified, then this is market manipulation. Your argument is useless because you are proposing an absurd solution to a problem that you still need to address, which is the worthlessness of the token. Why are you even employing market manipulation and alleged illegality as arguments?
Stay on task, and tell us why the MCO token must be worthless.

People jumped the ship because they didn't like the change made by Monaco regarding the asset contract. Jumping is legitimate. But the elimination of the asset contract cannot possibly mean that the token will have no value. How can you make such deduction? No asset contract means no future token value. Why?

Use Binance for day trading, and for buying-and-holding blockchain assets. Exchange fee is only 0.1%.
https://www.binance.com/?ref=10262180
lonesomestranger

Activity: 770
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:04:18 AM

Have had a very small amount of these I bought a while ago.  I just decided to buy 2K worth seeing the ATH was 4X where it is now and the fact they have a VISA Card now.  Isnt that a pretty big deal to have a card you can use anywhere?  I would think price would really surge after such an announcement. 

You're right, price could pump a little according to VISA approval, and could pump even more when the cards will start to be issued, due the tokens locking in mobile app! Smart move Smiley

fajarkus12

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:40:05 AM

You're right, price could pump a little according to VISA approval, and could pump even more when the cards will start to be issued, due the tokens locking in mobile app! Smart move Smiley
If token will locked in mobile app it mean people will need more mco token to having monaco card. Sooner or later demand will bigger than supply and this MCO price can going up
Alexbt

Activity: 542
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:40:58 AM

Singapore residents first to get new cryptocurrency credit card

The Visa-branded Monaco pre-paid card will allow users to convert cryptocurrency like Bitcoin into legal tender to be used at more than 40 million merchants.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/videos/singapore-residents-first-to-get-new-cryptocurrency-credit-card-9370318
fajarkus12

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:51:13 AM

The Visa-branded Monaco pre-paid card will allow users to convert cryptocurrency like Bitcoin into legal tender to be used at more than 40 million merchants.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/videos/singapore-residents-first-to-get-new-cryptocurrency-credit-card-9370318

Singapore is central of business in asia that's why the team targeted to this country first. Also asia market have big potential for growing fast. If all people have received monaco card and use it for purchasing, i think sooner or later MCO coin price can grow
pumz

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:48:03 AM

Those two thing will cause of next rise in the value of MCO now. First the issuance of debit cards and second the locking of tokens in mobile app that will reduce supply and increase demand. This the point about what everyone is talking so we need to have patience to see this happening.
fajarkus12

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:23:03 AM

Those two thing will cause of next rise in the value of MCO now. First the issuance of debit cards and second the locking of tokens in mobile app that will reduce supply and increase demand. This the point about what everyone is talking so we need to have patience to see this happening.

I agree with you, so my conclusion is hold this coin for long term investment, because if monaco card holder rise it mean demand for MCO coin also rise, and then sooner or later this coin price also can rise
mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:26:31 AM

How comes the Asian market is being served first with cards?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Xandan

Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:30:02 AM

Probably Asian countries generally and Singapore specifically are tech friendly countries for blockchain and other startups. Lot of companies have focused on those markets because potential is there. Once Monaco team established setup there it will be helpful to extend it to western countries more easily in my opinion.
emuLOAD

Activity: 328
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:30:37 AM

That's where they got all ducks in a row sooner. As was originally planned, it's worth noting.
If your question is why they chose that strategy, then it's more speculative, but I'd say they chose to wisely start where they were closest to... geographically, in terms of experience, and most likely in terms of contacts, too.
fajarkus12

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:20:36 PM

Probably Asian countries generally and Singapore specifically are tech friendly countries for blockchain and other startups. Lot of companies have focused on those markets because potential is there. Once Monaco team established setup there it will be helpful to extend it to western countries more easily in my opinion.

As i know economic growth on Asian country more than expectation than western and the growth of Asian country still can growth rapidly. That's why Asia potential market and monaco team targeting to Asia first
Warung Jambu

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:07:02 PM

MCO Vs. Centra Card, who is worthy to win? I can not wait next year who will lead.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:38:27 PM

Of course I am here for profits, but I only invest in projects that are genuine and seek to create real value without fucking people over with lies or very bad excuses. It's very easy to make money without supporting shady schemes. So if you actually support scams just to make profits - even though there are ways to make significant profits without supporting such people - it speaks volumes about your character.

What does this mean? Please explain. Otherwise any argument is pointless. Why would most people should be unable to have their cards? Would the company impede the acquisition of the cards because the company is unable to comply with delivering the cards?
Why would there be no reason to hold the tokens after the lock-in period? The statements you made are not trivial. You need to elaborate. How can you know what is going to happen? How can you know about the progress of the company and the services provided by it?

"The only way to work around that is to change the amount of tokens required to reserve cards, which would have a direct influence on the token price and thus be market manipulation which is illegal."
What you are saying is that if the amount of tokens required to reserve cards is modified, then this is market manipulation. Your argument is useless because you are proposing an absurd solution to a problem that you still need to address, which is the worthlessness of the token. Why are you even employing market manipulation and alleged illegality as arguments?

People jumped the ship because they didn't like the change made by Monaco regarding the asset contract. Jumping is legitimate. But the elimination of the asset contract cannot possibly mean that the token will have no value. How can you make such deduction? No asset contract means no future token value. Why?
Not sure what your problem is, I've already explained the issue in detail. If the token price goes up it will cost too much to get a card (even if you get it back in 6 months) and most people are not interested in such modalities. The only counteraction to this problem poses a significant risk of market manipulation, which could have very serious legal implications.

Because see above. Locking up tokens doesn't create value without creating problems that will inevitably create market manipulation scenarios which are illegal.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:43:49 PM

Every single person in here is in it to make money just like any stock whether you love the company or not. I can admit I am a bit of a alt coin junkie with 80 different types now. 

So what do you think the best and worst case scenario is with this one? Or most likely scenario ?  Seems like they have some solid development despite screwing people on the dividends.
In the short term, all the greedy and clueless people will end up pumping the token for sure.

Perhaps even in the medium term.

In the long run there'll be serious problems if the asset contract and the token locking mechanism aren't properly addressed due to a lack of inherent value of the tokens and potentially illegal market manipulation by changing the required amount of tokens for card reservation (which will directly impact the token price).

If you only care about short term profits and don't care about shady excuses like "sharing profits is pointless anyways" or risks regarding legal compliance (price manipulation) feel free to stay. You'll make some money.

But there are projects that create value without these types of charades.
Jeantheboy

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

I love argumentation.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 04:10:59 PM

Of course I am here for profits, but I only invest in projects that are genuine and seek to create real value without fucking people over with lies or very bad excuses. It's very easy to make money without supporting shady schemes. So if you actually support scams just to make profits - even though there are ways to make significant profits without supporting such people - it speaks volumes about your character.

Not sure what your problem is, I've already explained the issue in detail. If the token price goes up it will cost too much to get a card (even if you get it back in 6 months) and most people are not interested in such modalities. The only counteraction to this problem poses a significant risk of market manipulation, which could have very serious legal implications.

Because see above. Locking up tokens doesn't create value without creating problems that will inevitably create market manipulation scenarios which are illegal.

Hey, I have no problem. You've got one. You can't stay quiet. I have only asked for answers which you may be even able to give, but they are subjective. They don't describe the situation in absolute terms. If you think that the company is going to manipulate the price, whatever it may mean, then just stay away from it, sell the tokens you don't believe in, and embrace other initiatives.
If you don't like the rules, then you are not obliged to maintain a position in supporting Monaco. You seem to spend a lot of time in here just to express opinions without considering that the project is evolving and is going to evolve. Things change. Have you ever thought about that, wiseacre millionaire?

Use Binance for day trading, and for buying-and-holding blockchain assets. Exchange fee is only 0.1%.
https://www.binance.com/?ref=10262180
WE.MISAYA

Activity: 271

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:12:08 PM

But this would then also make me wonder about VISA. Wouldn't they do their due diligence and try everything they can to not partner with a company that might get sued for shady operations?

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
Gooffy

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:12:54 PM

Not bad devs... what are the odds?
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 455 »
  Print  

Jump to: