Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:11:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 455 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NULL  (Read 456065 times)
lonesomestranger

Activity: 770
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:27:03 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 08:37:16 AM by lonesomestranger

My bet is... there will be another promise of asset contract!

Then the price will pump!

Then after a while, they will take it away againa

Hahahah!!

One wave after one wave, there will still be people falling for this big mother trap

Nope, if they promised this time, they won't remove it bcos that would severely damage the investors' trust on them.

Yep, I think the same, is their last chance to repair some of the damage they did in the last months Smiley

You guys should all be a bit more thankful and patient though. I bet a lot of you commenting were the same people doubting that Monaco has Visa in the first place.
I don't mean anyone in specific, just in general.
So far they have kept their word all the way every time. Don't forget that removing the asset contract was a strategic move to not be delisted in the future.

Monaco takes no short cuts and focus on compliance.
If you remember that's another reason why they didn't go via China for their ICO even though they could have raised a lot more money taking that short cut. Good move in hindsight. Same as asset contract.

Monaco could also have done a TenX move and gone via a third party like Wavecrest and take short cuts in terms of territory. But they chose not to. You can see the consequences TenX had to suffer for opting for the faster route making them much slower in the end.
Do you see a pattern?

edit: typo

I am not totally against MCO, but, since you put it this way, how much did you lose investing in it? I have lost a lot! Dont take me with "thankfull and patient" , they have promissed VISA since last week of August, and there is almost 3 months since. I understand your point of view, but dont forget that many of us lost a lot beeing "thankfull and patient" to MCO!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ally@monaco

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:12:47 AM

Hey guys! I already reserved my Ruby Steel. I just want to ask about the $500,000 travel insurance. How does it work? How long will it last? Is there a contract? I'm just newbie when it comes to fintech. I hope somebody will answer my question. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for your question. Detailed terms & conditions of the travel insurance plan are going to be available for users to accept before cards are ready to ship.
memii
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:20:55 AM

Some good things also are in MCO just see the news and updates. Best strategy to come out as winner in this project is to keep some reasonable number of tokens in holding for long term. This is what I have planned for all three stage from short to long because can't hold large amount for long time.
Ally@monaco

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:23:27 AM

Hahahah!!

One wave after one wave, there will still be people falling for this big mother trap

Nope, if they promised this time, they won't remove it bcos that would severely damage the investors' trust on them.

Yep, I think the same, is their last chance to repair some of the damage they did in the last months Smiley

You guys should all be a bit more thankful and patient though. I bet a lot of you commenting were the same people doubting that Monaco has Visa in the first place.
So far they have kept their word all the way every time. Don't forget that removing the asset contract was a strategic move to not be delisted in the future.

If you remember that's another reason why they didn't go via China for their ICO even though they could have raised a lot more money taking that short cut. Good move in hindsight. Same as asset contract.

Monaco could also have done a TenX move and gone via a third party like Wavecrest and take short cuts in terms of territory. But they chose not to. You can see the consequences TenX had to suffer for opting for the faster route making them much slower in the end.
Do you see a pattern?

I am not totally against MCO, but, since you put it this way, how much did you lose investing in it? I have lost a lot! Dont take me with "thankfull and patient" , they have promissed VISA since last week of August, and there is almost 3 months since. I understand your point of view, but dont forget that many of us lost a lot beeing "thankfull and patient" to MCO!

We’re still under NDA, but at least we can now say that we are a Visa program manager and that we were approved on Sep 22, i.e. we actually got it done on time, even though we couldn’t talk about it.
We are doing our best towards working our vision. Appreciate all the support all along.
Ally@monaco

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:31:45 AM

But this news didn't see appreciation and instead of picking up some rise price just went more down. Yeah from official tweeter they said approximately half an million so many cards already in production is one of biggest news for me. Let's wait and see what is next on road.

We are in full swing in speeding up the progress. Stay tuned for updates!
vinnieG

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:21:26 AM

Hahahah!!

Do you see a pattern?

You only loose when you sell low. If  you sold your MCO low, that was your own decision, not that from Monaco. I have around 500 MCO since the ICO (for a small invesment amount), I did not sell them at ATH, I also did not sell them after the smart contract removal news. I still believe in the long term potential.
strzelba

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:30:47 AM

WTF is with the price??!!
Some people always sell... dump and dump... 
emuLOAD

Activity: 328
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:26:26 AM

The price is perfectly fine.
Some "investors" are not... but the price is.
hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:39:13 PM

"VISA And Monaco Announce First Ever Pre-Paid Cryptocurrency Card For Singapore Users"

https://www.cryptocoin.news/news/altcoin/visa-and-monaco-announce-first-ever-pre-paid-cryptocurrency-card-for-singapore-users-3238/

Singapore users will soon have their very own pre-paid cryptocurrency card to use for payments, thanks to VISA and Monaco’s latest joint venture.

Last week Monaco and VISA announced their latest product, a cryptocurrency pre-paid debit card which will be made available for Singapore-based users. Monaco is a Switzerland-based card issuer, and VISA currently boasts being the world’s biggest payment network. The physical card will be used by Wirecard AG.

The physical cards are already available to Singapore-based users to register via the card’s app which is available to download for both iOS and Android. To register, a user is required to enter their email and phone number and verify these contact details, before they can be placed in line to receive their card.

The pre-paid cryptocurrency debit cards do not come attached with any service fees or minimum spend requirements. However, there are four different tiers linked to the card, and a user is placed in a tier according to their Monaco token stakes for a period of six months.

The highest tier in the four-tier system is the Obsidian Black tier. The card is noted for its rarity, as only 999 of these cards will be in circulation at any given time. The Obsidian Black card will provide its user with unlimited interbank exchange rates as well as free ATM withdrawal up to a limit of $1000. After the limit is reached, each withdrawal will come at a 2% charge. In addition, the card features a 2% cash back benefit.

To qualify for this tier, the user has stake a minimum of 50,000 Monaco Tokens for a period of six months. Currently, a single Monaco Token is valued at $6. This means that the user would have to stake Monaco tokens with a total value of $300,000.

The starting tier is the Midnight Blue tier which requires no Monaco Tokens stake and comes free of charge. A Midnight Blue user will be allowed a limited interbank exchange rate per month with the value of up to $2000. After the limit has been reached, each transaction will be subject to a surcharge of 0.5%. In addition, users can enjoy free ATM withdrawals up to the limit of $200.

Others tiers include the Ruby Steel and Precious Metal tiers. These require a stake of between 50 Monaco Tokens and 500 Monaco Tokens over a six month period. This equates to $300 and $3000 respectively.

Ok so this is the final confirmation about the deal? Will VISA itself also step forward and talk about the deal or will they remain silent?

how many confirmations do you need?  Huh

Oops my fault I got that wrong by watching too quickly over it Cheesy yeah it's the news we all were looking for beyond doubt. Good times ahead I hope.
WE.MISAYA

Activity: 271
Merit: 100

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:50:27 PM

"VISA And Monaco Announce First Ever Pre-Paid Cryptocurrency Card For Singapore Users". Finally!  Cool

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
mrRen_

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:34:07 PM

Wooow, after soo long time checking up here, Your still going to the moon all? heheheh
Punakawan

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:16:31 PM

"VISA And Monaco Announce First Ever Pre-Paid Cryptocurrency Card For Singapore Users". Finally!  Cool

Good news, hopefully this brings a positive impact especially to lift the price to a high level of $ 25 this year.
mrRen_

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:38:56 PM

Good news, hopefully this brings a positive impact especially to lift the price to a high level of $ 25 this year.
Good luck to you ! Cheesy
exkopter

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:29:37 PM

Did all of you "To the moon" here noticed smart contract removal?
Inspector_Cypto

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:34:14 PM

Did you notice why it was removed and how that is to our benefit and how they are working on implementing an alternative that works within legal boundaries to not be delisted and how Monaco already  increased cashback on all purchases from 0.75% up to 2%?

Yeah I don't think so. Otherwise you wouldn't be here trying to disinform people.
findshakil

Activity: 127

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:11:05 PM

Another competitor guys???
A London startup is launching a debit card that lets you spend bitcoin and ethereum,    http://uk.businessinsider.com/london-block-exchange-launches-prepaid-cryptocurrency-debit-card-2017-11

There are so many projects which are offering crypto cards (MCO, CTR, PAY, TKN, ..........)
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:21:08 PM

Another competitor guys???
A London startup is launching a debit card that lets you spend bitcoin and ethereum,    http://uk.businessinsider.com/london-block-exchange-launches-prepaid-cryptocurrency-debit-card-2017-11

There are so many projects which are offering crypto cards (MCO, CTR, PAY, TKN, ..........)

MCO is the only company with Visa Program Manager status, which means they operate on their own BIN (first 6 digits of a CC number is the BIN). This is a huge HUGE deal, as it allows significantly more control over the card program.  All the other companies you mentioned are using someone else's BIN and are subject to their controls.
buggy166

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:23:49 AM

Did you notice why it was removed and how that is to our benefit and how they are working on implementing an alternative that works within legal boundaries to not be delisted and how Monaco already  increased cashback on all purchases from 0.75% up to 2%?

Yeah I don't think so. Otherwise you wouldn't be here trying to disinform people.

I dont have time to explain to you how naive you are, but in short, the removal of the smart contract means that Monaco is not legally responsible for anything associated with the "Monaco token".

Saying they did it to avoid de-listing from exchanges, is the magic excuse for them to decouple the token away from the company entirely.

Simple examples of random scenarios:

Monaco gets a 1 billion dollar investment from whoever -> Monaco token is not tied to the company in any legal way shape or form, so it wont benefit from anything like that.

Monaco sells more cards than they have "available tokens" -> Monaco token is not tied to the issuing of credit or debit or gift cards in any practical way. No company needs a "token" to be "held" to issue a card. Monaco can issue an infinite number of cards at will, without using the Monaco token in any way. There's no laws, nor are there any binding contracts (hello!) that says they must use Monaco tokens for anything going forward.

The actual "token" has no practical use, only an artificially made up one
-> It is not a "system" that does anything. The BIN from VISA is important, and is an actual "system" without which Monaco would not be able to function as a card issuer. The "token" system from Monaco is literally a useless guise to raise money without selling company shares. Its essentially like going on "Dragon's Den / Shark Tank" tv show and saying "I need 25 million dollars from you guys, and instead of company shares, i will give you these keychains that i may, or may not,  buy back (depending on demand), once people start buying my product"

The "token" is not a company share - Success for Monaco is great for company owners. Token holders are not company owners, and rely on the company, without any sort of regulation or binding contract, to somehow make them "rich" out of the goodness of their hearts and keep their promise (track record in regards to that is not very good at the moment)

Most investors are well aware of an attempted work around, but falling short of a legally binding contract that would expose them to government regulation (which it wont be, no matter what they come up with, because they're not stupid) the token is based on a faux system that has absolutely no use in the real world. (what other crypto cards require to artificially "hold" tokens to get a card? When's the last time you heard VISA ask you for $500 to "hold" for 6 months to give you a card?)

For even more fun, you need to realize that only specific current metal cards, not their basic (or future) Monaco cards, require holds on tokens, and the majority of people will have the cheapest one, requiring 50 tokens. Add to that the hold cycle of the tokens, add to it the total number of tokens including those not in circulation, and you'll see that unless they have an absolute constant number of hundreds of thousands of people signing up every few months, they'll never even get close to hitting the token cap, in order for you to have a high scarcity of said token.

People waiting for this to "moon" are delusional. Even current pricing of $6 USD is ridiculous for what it offers in return and how de-coupled from company success, it is, at the moment.

If Monaco comes out tomorrow and says they'll buy out the tokens at the IPO price, or not at all, while also having their un-needed ecosystem go dead, there's no legal recourse for you.

Also, if Monaco ever goes public with a legit IPO in the future, they'll completely have to get rid of any possibility (even perception of such a thing is damaging) of being legally exposed in any way, to a class of "non-investors", which means the death of the token.

Monaco is only good for day traders to sell on news, or for card holders, who legit want a metal card. If you're one of those "to the moon" people, you'll have a better chance buying a lottery ticket, as the token itself is not tied to company growth or success over the long term, and it also lives in an unnecessary ecosystem that only hinders Monaco as a company, going forward, growing from its infancy stage.

On a final note, I dont believe any of the changes were done maliciously, but, given the timing, delays, magnitude, and delivery of the news, it makes me believe that, either the people in charge dont know what they're doing and learning as they go along, or that they're very smart and pulled the proverbial rug from under non-ico holders, before they were legally tied into the token and under government regulation as a result.
h3xal

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:47:45 AM

Did you notice why it was removed and how that is to our benefit and how they are working on implementing an alternative that works within legal boundaries to not be delisted and how Monaco already  increased cashback on all purchases from 0.75% up to 2%?

I dont have time to explain to you how naive you are, but in short, the removal of the smart contract means that Monaco is not legally responsible for anything associated with the "Monaco token".

Saying they did it to avoid de-listing from exchanges, is the magic excuse for them to decouple the token away from the company entirely.

Monaco gets a 1 billion dollar investment from whoever -> Monaco token is not tied to the company in any legal way shape or form, so it wont benefit from anything like that.

Monaco sells more cards than they have "available tokens" -> Monaco token is not tied to the issuing of credit or debit or gift cards in any practical way. No company needs a "token" to be "held" to issue a card. Monaco can issue an infinite number of cards at will, without using the Monaco token in any way. There's no laws, nor are there any binding contracts (hello!) that says they must use Monaco tokens for anything going forward.

-> It is not a "system" that does anything. The BIN from VISA is important, and is an actual "system" without which Monaco would not be able to function as a card issuer. The "token" system from Monaco is literally a useless guise to raise money without selling company shares. Its essentially like going on "Dragon's Den / Shark Tank" tv show and saying "I need 25 million dollars from you guys, and instead of company shares, i will give you these keychains that i may, or may not,  buy back (depending on demand), once people start buying my product"

The "token" is not a company share - Success for Monaco is great for company owners. Token holders are not company owners, and rely on the company, without any sort of regulation or binding contract, to somehow make them "rich" out of the goodness of their hearts and keep their promise (track record in regards to that is not very good at the moment)

Most investors are well aware of an attempted work around, but falling short of a legally binding contract that would expose them to government regulation (which it wont be, no matter what they come up with, because they're not stupid) the token is based on a faux system that has absolutely no use in the real world. (what other crypto cards require to artificially "hold" tokens to get a card? When's the last time you heard VISA ask you for $500 to "hold" for 6 months to give you a card?)

For even more fun, you need to realize that only specific current metal cards, not their basic (or future) Monaco cards, require holds on tokens, and the majority of people will have the cheapest one, requiring 50 tokens. Add to that the hold cycle of the tokens, add to it the total number of tokens including those not in circulation, and you'll see that unless they have an absolute constant number of hundreds of thousands of people signing up every few months, they'll never even get close to hitting the token cap, in order for you to have a high scarcity of said token.

People waiting for this to "moon" are delusional. Even current pricing of $6 USD is ridiculous for what it offers in return and how de-coupled from company success, it is, at the moment.

If Monaco comes out tomorrow and says they'll buy out the tokens at the IPO price, or not at all, while also having their un-needed ecosystem go dead, there's no legal recourse for you.

Also, if Monaco ever goes public with a legit IPO in the future, they'll completely have to get rid of any possibility (even perception of such a thing is damaging) of being legally exposed in any way, to a class of "non-investors", which means the death of the token.

Monaco is only good for day traders to sell on news, or for card holders, who legit want a metal card. If you're one of those "to the moon" people, you'll have a better chance buying a lottery ticket, as the token itself is not tied to company growth or success over the long term, and it also lives in an unnecessary ecosystem that only hinders Monaco as a company, going forward, growing from its infancy stage.

On a final note, I dont believe any of the changes were done maliciously, but, given the timing, delays, magnitude, and delivery of the news, it makes me believe that, either the people in charge dont know what they're doing and learning as they go along, or that they're very smart and pulled the proverbial rug from under non-ico holders, before they were legally tied into the token and under government regulation as a result.

Bravo! Finally, someone with sense and critical thinking!
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:55:57 AM

Glad to see some more people stepping up to the game of shedding some light in this zombie-like "to the moon" darkness. Was starting to get a little lonely.
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 455 »
  Print  

Jump to: