Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:20:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 455 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NULL  (Read 456072 times)
nick1492

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 03:09:25 AM

Did all of you "To the moon" here noticed smart contract removal?

Did you notice why it was removed and how that is to our benefit and how they are working on implementing an alternative that works within legal boundaries to not be delisted and how Monaco already  increased cashback on all purchases from 0.75% up to 2%?

Yeah I don't think so. Otherwise you wouldn't be here trying to disinform people.

I dont have time to explain to you how naive you are, but in short, the removal of the smart contract means that Monaco is not legally responsible for anything associated with the "Monaco token".

Saying they did it to avoid de-listing from exchanges, is the magic excuse for them to decouple the token away from the company entirely.

Simple examples of random scenarios:

Monaco gets a 1 billion dollar investment from whoever -> Monaco token is not tied to the company in any legal way shape or form, so it wont benefit from anything like that.

Monaco sells more cards than they have "available tokens" -> Monaco token is not tied to the issuing of credit or debit or gift cards in any practical way. No company needs a "token" to be "held" to issue a card. Monaco can issue an infinite number of cards at will, without using the Monaco token in any way. There's no laws, nor are there any binding contracts (hello!) that says they must use Monaco tokens for anything going forward.

The actual "token" has no practical use, only an artificially made up one
-> It is not a "system" that does anything. The BIN from VISA is important, and is an actual "system" without which Monaco would not be able to function as a card issuer. The "token" system from Monaco is literally a useless guise to raise money without selling company shares. Its essentially like going on "Dragon's Den / Shark Tank" tv show and saying "I need 25 million dollars from you guys, and instead of company shares, i will give you these keychains that i may, or may not,  buy back (depending on demand), once people start buying my product"

The "token" is not a company share - Success for Monaco is great for company owners. Token holders are not company owners, and rely on the company, without any sort of regulation or binding contract, to somehow make them "rich" out of the goodness of their hearts and keep their promise (track record in regards to that is not very good at the moment)

Most investors are well aware of an attempted work around, but falling short of a legally binding contract that would expose them to government regulation (which it wont be, no matter what they come up with, because they're not stupid) the token is based on a faux system that has absolutely no use in the real world. (what other crypto cards require to artificially "hold" tokens to get a card? When's the last time you heard VISA ask you for $500 to "hold" for 6 months to give you a card?)

For even more fun, you need to realize that only specific current metal cards, not their basic (or future) Monaco cards, require holds on tokens, and the majority of people will have the cheapest one, requiring 50 tokens. Add to that the hold cycle of the tokens, add to it the total number of tokens including those not in circulation, and you'll see that unless they have an absolute constant number of hundreds of thousands of people signing up every few months, they'll never even get close to hitting the token cap, in order for you to have a high scarcity of said token.

People waiting for this to "moon" are delusional. Even current pricing of $6 USD is ridiculous for what it offers in return and how de-coupled from company success, it is, at the moment.

If Monaco comes out tomorrow and says they'll buy out the tokens at the IPO price, or not at all, while also having their un-needed ecosystem go dead, there's no legal recourse for you.

Also, if Monaco ever goes public with a legit IPO in the future, they'll completely have to get rid of any possibility (even perception of such a thing is damaging) of being legally exposed in any way, to a class of "non-investors", which means the death of the token.

Monaco is only good for day traders to sell on news, or for card holders, who legit want a metal card. If you're one of those "to the moon" people, you'll have a better chance buying a lottery ticket, as the token itself is not tied to company growth or success over the long term, and it also lives in an unnecessary ecosystem that only hinders Monaco as a company, going forward, growing from its infancy stage.

On a final note, I dont believe any of the changes were done maliciously, but, given the timing, delays, magnitude, and delivery of the news, it makes me believe that, either the people in charge dont know what they're doing and learning as they go along, or that they're very smart and pulled the proverbial rug from under non-ico holders, before they were legally tied into the token and under government regulation as a result.
Glad to see some more people stepping up to the game of shedding some light in this zombie-like "to the moon" darkness. Was starting to get a little lonely.

Wow, this enlighten me and I guess some other coin holders. Monaco having the contract on Visa, made real money from investors. It is true that with real life contract, they should not associate their company that will put them on situation that governments will run after them. Thank you.

rajravind

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:53:46 AM

Did you notice why it was removed and how that is to our benefit and how they are working on implementing an alternative that works within legal boundaries to not be delisted and how Monaco already  increased cashback on all purchases from 0.75% up to 2%?

Yeah I don't think so. Otherwise you wouldn't be here trying to disinform people.

I dont have time to explain to you how naive you are, but in short, the removal of the smart contract means that Monaco is not legally responsible for anything associated with the "Monaco token".

Saying they did it to avoid de-listing from exchanges, is the magic excuse for them to decouple the token away from the company entirely.

Monaco gets a 1 billion dollar investment from whoever -> Monaco token is not tied to the company in any legal way shape or form, so it wont benefit from anything like that.

Monaco sells more cards than they have "available tokens" -> Monaco token is not tied to the issuing of credit or debit or gift cards in any practical way. No company needs a "token" to be "held" to issue a card. Monaco can issue an infinite number of cards at will, without using the Monaco token in any way. There's no laws, nor are there any binding contracts (hello!) that says they must use Monaco tokens for anything going forward.

-> It is not a "system" that does anything. The BIN from VISA is important, and is an actual "system" without which Monaco would not be able to function as a card issuer. The "token" system from Monaco is literally a useless guise to raise money without selling company shares. Its essentially like going on "Dragon's Den / Shark Tank" tv show and saying "I need 25 million dollars from you guys, and instead of company shares, i will give you these keychains that i may, or may not,  buy back (depending on demand), once people start buying my product"

The "token" is not a company share - Success for Monaco is great for company owners. Token holders are not company owners, and rely on the company, without any sort of regulation or binding contract, to somehow make them "rich" out of the goodness of their hearts and keep their promise (track record in regards to that is not very good at the moment)

Most investors are well aware of an attempted work around, but falling short of a legally binding contract that would expose them to government regulation (which it wont be, no matter what they come up with, because they're not stupid) the token is based on a faux system that has absolutely no use in the real world. (what other crypto cards require to artificially "hold" tokens to get a card? When's the last time you heard VISA ask you for $500 to "hold" for 6 months to give you a card?)

For even more fun, you need to realize that only specific current metal cards, not their basic (or future) Monaco cards, require holds on tokens, and the majority of people will have the cheapest one, requiring 50 tokens. Add to that the hold cycle of the tokens, add to it the total number of tokens including those not in circulation, and you'll see that unless they have an absolute constant number of hundreds of thousands of people signing up every few months, they'll never even get close to hitting the token cap, in order for you to have a high scarcity of said token.

People waiting for this to "moon" are delusional. Even current pricing of $6 USD is ridiculous for what it offers in return and how de-coupled from company success, it is, at the moment.

If Monaco comes out tomorrow and says they'll buy out the tokens at the IPO price, or not at all, while also having their un-needed ecosystem go dead, there's no legal recourse for you.

Also, if Monaco ever goes public with a legit IPO in the future, they'll completely have to get rid of any possibility (even perception of such a thing is damaging) of being legally exposed in any way, to a class of "non-investors", which means the death of the token.

Monaco is only good for day traders to sell on news, or for card holders, who legit want a metal card. If you're one of those "to the moon" people, you'll have a better chance buying a lottery ticket, as the token itself is not tied to company growth or success over the long term, and it also lives in an unnecessary ecosystem that only hinders Monaco as a company, going forward, growing from its infancy stage.

On a final note, I dont believe any of the changes were done maliciously, but, given the timing, delays, magnitude, and delivery of the news, it makes me believe that, either the people in charge dont know what they're doing and learning as they go along, or that they're very smart and pulled the proverbial rug from under non-ico holders, before they were legally tied into the token and under government regulation as a result.

Couldn't agree more with ur statement
Only way to make the dev take note of this is by dump the coin drastically .
The question is
Hw r u up to this ?
Jeantheboy

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

I love argumentation.

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 07:50:59 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 08:25:00 AM by Jeantheboy

If you don't have to explain, why do you explain anything?
If you are so sure that the MCO token will be worthless, just stay away from the project.
You are so preoccupied with the legal matter that you don't even understand that it is the legislator that has to adapt and evolve legally, and NOT the other way round. Why don't you counter the Ethereum project with the same intensity? It was just a token, and the ICO created out of it may have even been met with perplexities, and yet what happened is still contributing to having the rules changed. JUST A TOKEN, MY ASS. What happened to the legality of it? The legality is dictated by the people holding and trading tokens. The more people there are around animated by these intentions, the more the legislator will have to elaborate on this reality and produce rules that reflect the reality itself.

You are so arrogant and stuck in your mental rigidity that you don't even think that an IPO doesn't mean anything. It's not the legality of it that makes it legitimate. It's the people that started using such instrument and participation modalities.
You are just dedicating some of your time to spread fear.

Lawmaker's task is to stay put and observe the goings of a new reality coming into existence. After collecting all the necessary pieces of information, he will, if he is able, form a legal environment for market tokenization to work more smoothly than it is at the moment. The lawmaker just has to have the skills and critical mind to describe how the situations involving tokens are working out.

If you are not interested in the Monaco project, please stay away and stop predicting the future. You are not able to.

Use Binance for day trading, and for buying-and-holding blockchain assets. Exchange fee is only 0.1%.
https://www.binance.com/?ref=10262180
Ally@monaco

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:50:02 AM

The token value is strongly correlated to the number of users on Monaco platform. Every single holder of Monaco Platinum card needs to hold tokens and will also earn MCO through up to 2% cashback on all transactions. Utility of the token will increase over time - an example cited in the recent Q&A is discounts on fee when paying with MCO.

All of the above has much bigger impact that the Asset Contract. It's our view that the sell off on the day of Visa announcement was driven by technical trading, i.e. people waiting to sell on the day of the Visa announcement, rather than the news of Asset Contract removal. Having said that, we understand this is an important matter for the community and are looking into rolling out a replacement that will be fully compliant and not carry any legal risks that would potentially negatively impact token holders. 
mrRen_

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:49:47 AM

Lol, buy name monaco and sell false promises Cheesy Tenx already have working card (and it was race together), while monaco just false promises, soon it will be 1 dollar !!
delpiero10

Activity: 270
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:09:03 AM

Lol, buy name monaco and sell false promises Cheesy Tenx already have working card (and it was race together), while monaco just false promises, soon it will be 1 dollar !!

only advantage of tenx is that they have sent few cards and that's all. Monaco is still better in any other aspects
gruto

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:54:22 AM

LOL. A "legally binding contract"? Are you joking? Cheesy Cheesy Offering an asset contract is in no way, shape, or form legally binding. Buying a token does not enter you into a legally binding contract with a company. What a ridiculous thing to imply.
BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 12:29:11 PM

Most people do not take the time to read the fine print. Pretty much by buying tokens you expressly agree to have 0 rights or connection to the company. ICOs are the ultimate safe haven for fund raising since users who participate sign away their life when they get the coins.

Hence why due diligence is so vital...

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:28:22 PM

hence why this project is a huge vaporware piece of shit LOL

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
exkopter

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:37:21 PM

Did you notice why it was removed and how that is to our benefit and how they are working on implementing an alternative that works within legal boundaries to not be delisted and how Monaco already  increased cashback on all purchases from 0.75% up to 2%?

I know exactly what they did as I was with monaco since ico and as early investor, I'm dissapointed by their move. Telling the truth here doesn't mean i'm trying to fud for mco competitors. Smart investors knows, what I'm talking about and if that doesn't fit to you as a daily based trader, then I'm sorry. People will do what's best for them anyway and I don't see any reason why we should not mention contract removal and talk about it....this is still crypto forum site...
RoHoss

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:47:56 PM

Soon we see what is happend with Monaco.

I expect a rise of he price after the first people got their cards and the system works.

Monaco have and this is my opinion,  a very good future.
GGEZcrypto

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:02:18 PM

It sent and support in thailand?
buggy166

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:45:14 PM

LOL. A "legally binding contract"? Are you joking? Cheesy Cheesy Offering an asset contract is in no way, shape, or form legally binding. Buying a token does not enter you into a legally binding contract with a company. What a ridiculous thing to imply.

Offering dividend payouts would have brought the tokens under government oversight and regulations, so yes, it would be a legally binding contract much like owning company shares and getting payouts based on the number you own, is also a binding contract.

Buying a "token" of course does not enter you into a contract with a company. Nor does a random "smart contract" have any legally binding implications.

nanselmo

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:17:48 PM

Anyone sending $ to an ico anymore is an idiot, me included.  20 pages of white paper just to say we have a plan with your money like going to conferences around the world so all us icoholes can talk to each other and give pats on the back,, total crap.  I gave money to a real estate ico and first thing they do is get an office.   They have no income stream but hell y not start spending it and accumulating monthly expenses an obligations. Like getting a headquarters. 
You know what would be the best idea.  Take the money put it in a a wallet and a few years later give it back.  thats it   that is all you have to do.   people would line up around the block to invest next time.  But these dumbtards keep tripping over their own junk and cant grow an idea for the life of them. 
AmandaMcneil

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:19:35 PM

Following for future update
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:07:37 PM

Just going to quote myself here for this noob:

MCO is the only company with Visa Program Manager status, which means they operate on their own BIN (first 6 digits of a CC number is the BIN). This is a huge HUGE deal, as it allows significantly more control over the card program.  All the other companies (e.g. TENX) are using someone else's BIN and are subject to their controls.
balajisi

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:18:42 AM

Just going to quote myself here for this noob:

MCO is the only company with Visa Program Manager status, which means they operate on their own BIN (first 6 digits of a CC number is the BIN). This is a huge HUGE deal, as it allows significantly more control over the card program.  All the other companies (e.g. TENX) are using someone else's BIN and are subject to their controls.

Bro

Very rightly quoted the reply which is well said. If someone is not happy with Monaco they can sell their tokens why come on this forum and create FUD. Go to their competitors and be happy there. Ultimately all markets are risky and one should understand that if a token moved up does not mean it is going to keep going up ever like Bitcoin as that was the first cryptocurrency and it created the blockchain concept which is excellent hence it keeps moving up and up

regards
Balaji
Rowland Okoli

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:44:38 AM

Why now many credit card-based projects?
I have not seen any successful projects so far
Such as TokenCard, Exscudo and now MONACO, I am very pessimistic with this kind of project

I do understand your pessimism as it's not unusual as regarding the subject matter. Nonetheless, i believe it is the right step in the right direction towards the exponential adoption of 'actual usage' of crypto currencies commercially.

from 2009 till date the commercial adoption isn't at par with the popularity of cryptocurrency within the commercial eco-system.

My personal experience is my yardstick in this assumption: I have gone through hundreds of shops in mall and none accepted cryptocurrency payment. You have a few businesses like Delta Airline, Virgin Airlines and a few others i've heard of encouraging people to pay with cryptocurrency. 

But with the MONACO's Visa card platform card i personally think the revolution within our reach. this would encourage wider adoption and acceptability amongst payer and payee.

I know with more sensitization a lot of people would adopt it. Also in addition, if i may mention this: that most persons dealing with cryptocurrencies do not actually use them in any commercial transaction but are storing them. This is the mindset the Card projects should tilt, actually having people swiping their cards in malls would show a great sign of mainstream adoption and then you'd see the value of cryptocurrency surge.

This is my 2 cents.

The1crypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:22:50 AM

I do need help. I can find any roadmap in the monaco web page.

Please, can someone put a link to their roadmap?

Thanks
fajarkus12

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:11:17 PM

Soon we see what is happend with Monaco.

I expect a rise of he price after the first people got their cards and the system works.

Monaco have and this is my opinion,  a very good future.

I think so, i have been waiting for a news about feedback from users who received monaco card and use it. If people giving monaco positive feedback, seem for long investment this coin will profitable
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 455 »
  Print  

Jump to: