Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:07:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... 455 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NULL  (Read 456063 times)
Ally@monaco

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:07:08 AM

Hey guys! I already reserved my Ruby Steel. I just want to ask about the $500,000 travel insurance. How does it work? How long will it last? Is there a contract? I'm just newbie when it comes to fintech. I hope somebody will answer my question. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for your concern. The Terms and Conditions will be available when the cards are shipped.

we will recieve our cards this year?

We can't give exact date for now. Rest assured we are working as fast as physically possible to deliver the card to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ally@monaco

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:15:29 AM

Sorry to say I am out and just sold the 900 tokens I had Sad  .  I made 10% on them atleast.   I hope this succeeds for investors sake.  I feel for the people who paid top dollar for it.

Personally I think that the competition might be too much from Tenx (PAY) already having a working card.  Members in the U.S. are already receiving cards and they look very good.

Best of luck to those that remain.  Its always sad to see an investment not perform. Doesnt mean it wont in the future. For me I just prefer to put my money elsewhere.
This is how I feel too.

MonaCo was one of my absolute favourite ICOs and I was very disappointed about how they treated the AC issue and tried to just shrug it off.

If not for that I would be doubling down right now, but given the situation I chose to exit as well in favour of projects like SONM.

We hear you and understand your emotion. In fact, the token value is strongly correlated to the number of users on Monaco platform. Every single holder of Monaco Platinum card needs to hold tokens and will also earn MCO through up to 2% cashback on all transactions. Utility of the token will increase over time - an example cited in the recent Q&A is discounts on fee when paying with MCO.

All of the above has much bigger impact that the Asset Contract. It's our view that the sell off on the day of Visa announcement was driven by technical trading, i.e. people waiting to sell on the day of the Visa announcement, rather than the news of Asset Contract removal. Having said that, we understand this is an important matter for the community and are looking into rolling out a replacement that will be fully compliant and not carry any legal risks that would potentially negatively impact token holders.
Ally@monaco

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:28:47 AM

I don't know much about this VISA industry but can they start mass producing cards without the approval of VISA?

Yes Monaco do have an agreement with Visa. Announcement was end October, further detail on their twitter and website.

If you're interested I've gone through some of the backstory here, but in answer to your question, they are producing cards, with Singapore the first location for rollout.

We are the VISA program manager.
The benefits are:
- pricing – we can offer better terms to our customers
- freedom to innovate – we can structure the program the way we think is best for our customers
Ally@monaco

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:38:32 AM

Do you have a detailed plan of Monaco card issue stages by countries?

There are different compliance in different countries, so it would be difficult to tell specifically.
Our planning is to rollout in Asia, Europe and the North America.
Ally@monaco

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:41:49 AM

I am looking for this kind of icos. Wit visa cards so i am in.

Thank you. We are so excited in bringing our cards to you soon. We are working on bringing the coolest perks to the Monaco card holders.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:03:14 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 09:26:26 AM by BTCMILLIONAIRE

Sorry to say I am out and just sold the 900 tokens I had Sad  .  I made 10% on them atleast.   I hope this succeeds for investors sake.  I feel for the people who paid top dollar for it.

Personally I think that the competition might be too much from Tenx (PAY) already having a working card.  Members in the U.S. are already receiving cards and they look very good.

Best of luck to those that remain.  Its always sad to see an investment not perform. Doesnt mean it wont in the future. For me I just prefer to put my money elsewhere.
This is how I feel too.

MonaCo was one of my absolute favourite ICOs and I was very disappointed about how they treated the AC issue and tried to just shrug it off.

If not for that I would be doubling down right now, but given the situation I chose to exit as well in favour of projects like SONM.

We hear you and understand your emotion.
In fact, the token value is strongly correlated to the number of users on Monaco platform. Every single holder of Monaco Platinum card needs to hold tokens and will also earn MCO through up to 2% cashback on all transactions. Utility of the token will increase over time - an example cited in the recent Q&A is discounts on fee when paying with MCO.
You apparently haven't heard me and there really is no emotion involved. It's simply an objective analysis of what has happened so far.
All of the above has much bigger impact that the Asset Contract. It's our view that the sell off on the day of Visa announcement was driven by technical trading, i.e. people waiting to sell on the day of the Visa announcement, rather than the news of Asset Contract removal. Having said that, we understand this is an important matter for the community and are looking into rolling out a replacement that will be fully compliant and not carry any legal risks that would potentially negatively impact token holders.
As you're apparently a community/PR type of manager, I doubt you're grasping the impact of the asset contract since even Kris himself claims this to be the case.

But it's patently false that the asset contract would have less of an impact for investors returns. And the fact that MonaCo still claims that the asset contract, which was meant to directly share the potential billions of annual revenue with investors makes this whole endeavour seem either extremely immature or outright dishonest.
Only someone who doesn't understand the value of the asset contract or someone who straight up benefits from the removal of it would taint it as impactless or even worthless as Kris put it.

I am actually shocked that MonaCo still hasn't rectified its stance on this matter and keeps going with the ridiculous "worthless" narrative.

I do agree that the dump was in part due to technical trading, and I don't see why MCO should care since the company will make more profits by removing the asset contract simply because MCO already has its ICO money and doesn't need to concern itself with the token price as long as people start using the cards.

And traders would trade anything regardless of fundamentals as long as it makes them money, they care about nothing else after all.

So sure, from MCO's perspective the asset contract is worthless, MCO will make more money without it since it won't have to share any of its profits. But from any investor's perspective that actually knows what he's doing it's the last nail in the coffin.
Refer to my conservative calculations based on current card orders in a previous post for details. In the mid to long term the asset contract was the value of the token.
codemanX

Activity: 658
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:24:40 AM

I agree to BTCMILLIONAIRE, Monaco has broken the promise with the asset contract, we all hope you guys will make something similar to get trust from the investors back. What about a Token split, I've already explained how other projects handle it:

I think a revised version of the asset contract, whenever that is announced, will help with uptake, as it helps given more inherent value (even if it is only marginal) to MCO.
Absolutely, and I still hope they will bring back the asset contract in any form.

As an example, DCORP and Spectre.io are splitting their Token to be conform with SEC. Both of them will have one Utility Token, and one for Dividends. The Utility Token will have other advantages to compensate not paying dividends.

At DCORP mostly the Utility Token will be listed on the bigger exchanges who don't list Dividend Tokens, but every Tokenholder will be able to convert between Utility/Dividend anytime with a small fee. How great is that, something similar could be the solution for MCO. I can't expect how much the MCO price will rise if they announce something like that.

At Spectre.io the ICO Investors have to choose between Utility and Dividend Token some days after the ICO.
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:00:31 PM

Do you have a detailed plan of Monaco card issue stages by countries?

There are different compliance in different countries, so it would be difficult to tell specifically.
Our planning is to rollout in Asia, Europe and the North America.
Yup, I understand this problem, however, I hope Monaco's devs team can release Monaco to countries in Asia soon. In my country, almost investors in this project and TenX project always comparison together, I heard TenX - an ICO project also has same idea as Monaco - had plan for Asia and got confirmed for their Visa.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████