Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:20:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423215 times)
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:05:23 PM

Hey steamboat, I remember there being some mention of K1 boards being sourced.  Any information on that?  I'd buy a few more chips if there were plans for the K1.  Those are easier to produce en masse right?  Less stuff on the board?  No PSU required?

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:26:24 PM

Hey steamboat, I remember there being some mention of K1 boards being sourced.  Any information on that?  I'd buy a few more chips if there were plans for the K1.  Those are easier to produce en masse right?  Less stuff on the board?  No PSU required?

Depends on what you mean. In terms of density, ie; hashing power/production time, almost certainly not. You have to produce sixteen K1 boards to equal one K16.

For populating boards and getting these chips out the door, the K16 is the best compromise between hashing power, production time, and not pricing many people out of the mkt.

The K1 is more of a hobbyist toy, and the design is simple enough that most hobbyists can probably pull off their own assembly.

If not, there are a few threads by people who are intending to sell complete K1 units, chips included.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:06:41 PM

Depends on what you mean. In terms of density, ie; hashing power/production time, almost certainly not. You have to produce sixteen K1 boards to equal one K16.

I see.  That makes sense.

For populating boards and getting these chips out the door, the K16 is the best compromise between hashing power, production time, and not pricing many people out of the mkt.

The K1 is more of a hobbyist toy, and the design is simple enough that most hobbyists can probably pull off their own assembly.

Makes sense; I'm just not that into moving tiny things around, my hands are too fat.

If not, there are a few threads by people who are intending to sell complete K1 units, chips included.

I'll take a look around.  Thanks.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1837
Merit: 2830

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 03:37:10 PM

I just used an existing address that I could sign from instead of the "sending address" off blockchain.info.  Technically, a Bitcoin transaction doesn't really have a sending address.  It's just easier to understand it that way.
Please do not do this. The sending address from the TX is what is used to verify the signature.

I may have done this as well... can someone explain to me how to get the sending address, or point me to a thread??  Huh
I am looking at the blockchain.info on my TX, but see plenty of addresses, and none saying 'sending address'... I just used an address I knew I could sign with.

LaserHorse

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:54:11 PM

I may have done this as well... can someone explain to me how to get the sending address, or point me to a thread??  Huh
I am looking at the blockchain.info on my TX, but see plenty of addresses, and none saying 'sending address'... I just used an address I knew I could sign with.

I had trouble with this at first as well, this should help:

If you see multiple sending addresses on the left, choose the one in the same row as the amount you sent on the right

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1837
Merit: 2830

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 04:04:10 PM

I may have done this as well... can someone explain to me how to get the sending address, or point me to a thread??  Huh

--snip image--

If you see multiple sending addresses on the left, choose the one in the same row as the amount you sent on the right

Interesting... yes, I do see multiple on the left, each one with a different amount of BTC (when viewing in 'advanced' mode)... I may have to wait until I get home, so I can actually see the multiple addresses I have on my client. I assume I should be able to match up one of these addresses with an address I see on my bitcoin client/wallet?

Thanks for the help

LaserHorse

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:18:28 PM

Interesting... yes, I do see multiple on the left, each one with a different amount of BTC (when viewing in 'advanced' mode)... I may have to wait until I get home, so I can actually see the multiple addresses I have on my client. I assume I should be able to match up one of these addresses with an address I see on my bitcoin client/wallet?

Well, using Bitcoin-qt, I'm unable to locate the sending address at all.  The only way I've been able to find it is by taking the transaction ID and pasting it into blockchain.info.

hmmm … should probably do up a "how to find your sending address" post once we have this sorted out.

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:39:37 PM

Thanks for the help

All the sending addresses are your addresses.  You have the private keys to all of them, so you can sign a message from all of them.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:51:37 PM

What happens if our board is assembled and fails testing because one or more chips are bad?  Does Avalon warranty the chips, so that they can be immediately replaced?  Should I order a couple extra chips just in case?

What happens if 1/16 chips are bad on the board -- will it hash at 15/16 capacity, or not work at all?

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
jasinlee

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:08:25 PM

What happens if our board is assembled and fails testing because one or more chips are bad?  Does Avalon warranty the chips, so that they can be immediately replaced?  Should I order a couple extra chips just in case?

What happens if 1/16 chips are bad on the board -- will it hash at 15/16 capacity, or not work at all?
My EE informed me that the fail rate of chips or board is pessimisticly 15% so yes it would be a good idea.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
dentldir

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:12:08 PM

I just used an existing address that I could sign from instead of the "sending address" off blockchain.info.  Technically, a Bitcoin transaction doesn't really have a sending address.  It's just easier to understand it that way.

Please do not do this. The sending address from the TX is what is used to verify the signature.

For clarity, should we send you the first sending address in the email when the transaction has multiple sending addresses?

I can send updated emails if you need them for bookkeeping purposes.

Thanks.

1DentLdiRMv3dpmpmqWsQev8BUaty9vN3v
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:18:20 PM

For clarity, should we send you the first sending address in the email when the transaction has multiple sending addresses?

Thanks.

Just send the transaction id, it contains all the information.

Adamlm

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 06:24:50 PM

Could you give more details about hosting option please?
I assume it would be hosting and maintenance 24/7. Do you have any special room or something for that purpose? What are estimated electricity costs for one board per month in your location?

sokol815

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:41:22 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2013, 07:01:27 PM by sokol815

do the k16's require a raspberry pi, or will a desktop PC be able to run them?

BTC: 1DGoGCg93igczMttDQn5SAE9x6zn4KZ8bv
LTC: LiP6Pskxa5tdDAhdwYeqszRFBMQev2ndBr
FTC: 6efcHwHYG3rk8SP37odyCrKqdxWom8rsen
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:26:29 PM

Any computer capable of runnning CGminer should do it (windows or Linux).

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
steamboat (OP)

Activity: 648

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:33:15 PM

Hello! I have a couple of questions:
1. I want to order 160 chips. For these chips I have to order 10 PCB with assembly of each. That's right? Will I get 10 *ready-to-work* complete mining devices?
2. How long the assembly&shipping date? For example, If I'll make my order today when I get these devices?
Thank you.

Each board contains 16 chips. 10 boards would be required to use all 160 chips. There are(will be shortly) several options to choose from, ranging from chips only (current) to full turnkey(coming soon).

The chips are scheduled to arrive 9-10 weeks from the 5/22/2013 purchase date. Turnaround should be no more than 72 hours. As this is the third batch, I expect the protocols used to be very fine tuned by then and take even less time.

K1 and K16 talks will begin once the K16 is prototyped and working.

In a hobbyist perspective, the K1 is "easier" as you only have to plug n play in the USB slot. It is however less efficient in every regard.

Thanks for the help

Any of the sending addresses used in the transaction will suffice.

Board testing is to ensure the component parts are functioning properly. Neither I, nor the assembly house, can be responsible for dead Avalon chips as we have no control over the manufacturing process. That being said, I do not believe this will be a significant number of chips, but do advise purchasing extras. From what I understand from BkkCoins design, one faulty chip will most likely not take out the other 8 chips in it's series, so worst case 8/16, most likely 15/16.

Thanks.

Any of the sending addresses used is fine.

Could you give more details about hosting option please?
I assume it would be hosting and maintenance 24/7. Do you have any special room or something for that purpose? What are estimated electricity costs for one board per month in your location?

More details on the hosting option will be coming soon. The miners will be secured in a climate controlled room in a secure location, with remote access and switched PDUs.  The high estimate is $.115368 per day, or $3.47 per month.

The K16s do not require a Raspi. Any desktop, laptop, or netbook, and certain routers will work as hosts.

All purchases received, recorded, and replied.

I would like to thank those of you who have taken the time to answer questions. I would like to answer each of you immediately, but one of the ways I'm keeping costs low is by running a skeleton crew with low overhead, and have to process emails, pm's, and questions in this thread as batches.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:58:06 PM

I may have done this as well... can someone explain to me how to get the sending address, or point me to a thread??  Huh

--snip image--

Thanks for the help

Don't know if this relavent to your situation,but scroll down the 1st post on this thread.The "tutorial" is pretty good:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195052.0

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:53:53 PM

All purchases received, recorded, and replied.

I would like to thank those of you who have taken the time to answer questions. I would like to answer each of you immediately, but one of the ways I'm keeping costs low is by running a skeleton crew with low overhead, and have to process emails, pm's, and questions in this thread as batches.

Thanks steamboat; appreciate the attentiveness.  A single daily update is more than enough, especially since no one has chips in hand yet.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:07:34 AM

Quick question, does anyone have an indication on what the yield is expected to be on Avalon's bulk orders?

Does Avalon pre-test the chips and only send 10,000 known-good-die? Or do they simply cut up the wafers and ship, so some group buy purchases may end up with 9,900 working chips out of 10K, whiles others yield 5,000 working chips out of 10K?

For PCB board assembly there is an additional yield lost. Even if all 10K die work in a shipped batch, post assembly some die will fail. How will that be handled?

I am VERY interested in this and think steamboat is doing a great job putting this project together.

But that said, it seems we might be rolling the dice a bit. If you order 20 boards, maybe 100% will work, but maybe only 50% will.

eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 12:17:56 AM

Quick question, does anyone have an indication on what the yield is expected to be on Avalon's bulk orders?

Does Avalon pre-test the chips and only send 10,000 known-good-die? Or do they simply cut up the wafers and ship, so some group buy purchases may end up with 9,900 working chips out of 10K, whiles others yield 5,000 working chips out of 10K?

For PCB board assembly there is an additional yield lost. Even if all 10K die work in a shipped batch, post assembly some die will fail. How will that be handled?

I am VERY interested in this and think steamboat is doing a great job putting this project together.

But that said, it seems we might be rolling the dice a bit. If you order 20 boards, maybe 100% will work, but maybe only 50% will.

According to Avalon, chips are tested and working prior to shipping.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: