Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:15:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52062 times)
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:03:19 AM

As my strategy for selling bitcoins, it would be practical and less risky if the price is high, I sell half of my hold bitcoin and invest 1:4 of it or trade and hold the remaining bitcoin. And continue to do that strategy when I have profit. Sounds literally not profitable but you should know that it's a self regulating transactions, so it's better stake of doing what makes you comfortable with.

That strategy sounds good, but, with a straight forward logic, we can also say that holding bitcoins provides you benefit forever. Imagine people thought it's a ceiling price when btc was $2,000. Then look at the current price, almost more than doubled it.
Everyone should tell people around you that you will never sell it unless if there is a real panic selling causing chaos in the market.
Which i personally it won't happened now or later , so the answer is simply to hold it as long as possible.
Never withdraw it unless if you really urgently need it.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:07:34 AM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
I decided to sell my other coins in the near future. I know that the HODL is very effective way to earn more money. I have a lot of patience and I can wait to the right time to sell my coins.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:05:04 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

I decided to sell my other coins in the near future. I know that the HODL is very effective way to earn more money. I have a lot of patience and I can wait to the right time to sell my coins.
HODL for altcoins that have good potential in the future is the right decision, but if you do not know whether that atlcoins have good potential or not, you will lose a good profit because you hold that altcoins for long time.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:12:55 AM

HODL for altcoins that have good potential in the future is the right decision, but if you do not know whether that atlcoins have good potential or not, you will lose a good profit because you hold that altcoins for long time.
Yes hodl is very good move in order to avoid missed profit in trading because trading is unpredictable job no one can predict the exact price where it came and also you can support the coin by investing on it

marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:29:54 AM

It depends upon the profit I made but I used to hold as long as possible because in long term we can make some decent amount of the money because the price of Bitcoin is kept increasing, so in future, the value of altcoin will also increase.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:20:32 PM

Holding altcoins are the best decision but should be remembered that it is not be hold for a long time. Personally i think that holding coin is a such like of predict. When you got 30%-40% profit, you should sell it and buy again for continuing. If you want to sell it 100% profit, you will be failure.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 650

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:01:54 PM

Holding altcoins are the best decision but should be remembered that it is not be hold for a long time. Personally i think that holding coin is a such like of predict. When you got 30%-40% profit, you should sell it and buy again for continuing. If you want to sell it 100% profit, you will be failure.
There are really exact points on where you would need to sell out your coins on a specific percentage of profits you do target. 100% might really be hard to achieve depending on the value of the coin. Once you hit the peak price of a certain pump you will surely regret later on. This is why we should really be vigilant and observant on the price movements and we can do make decision on when to sell.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:04:01 PM

You sell when you are in profit, If you are holding a short position, You sell as soon as you hit your stop loss, otherwise the longer you wait for the price to correct itself, the bigger your risk. When in profit, you don't have to sell all if you believe the price will spike further, but you must sell enough to recover some of your capital in case the price reverses.
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:25:38 PM

You sell when you are in profit, If you are holding a short position, You sell as soon as you hit your stop loss, otherwise the longer you wait for the price to correct itself, the bigger your risk. When in profit, you don't have to sell all if you believe the price will spike further, but you must sell enough to recover some of your capital in case the price reverses.
It's very interesting to listen really to the opinion of a professional, but since I do, it's really wrong. I sell only when I need to settle accounts. And all my selling is very unprofitable for me. At some point it happens, when I want to sell the price as if it falls on purpose.
Luis34

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:36:34 PM

Buy btc in low and sell in high
efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 09:09:57 PM

most time i trade altcoins i have some target where i am going to sell
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:27:47 PM

Holding altcoins too longer is always as big risk as you never know when the price will crash so its always good to sell them when you have already made good profits from it and wait for the price to go down again as altcoin market is an combination of ups and downs so you should never miss an opportunity of buying at low price and selling at an higher price.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:40:06 AM

Holding altcoins too longer is always as big risk as you never know when the price will crash so its always good to sell them when you have already made good profits from it and wait for the price to go down again as altcoin market is an combination of ups and downs so you should never miss an opportunity of buying at low price and selling at an higher price.

Good point.. Trading with altcoins is really different to trading with stocks and forex - it is just different. I know someone who is good with trading stocks and has been doing it for 15 years says, trading cryptocurrency is just different. That is why we should learn the crypto market and create a system on how to profit.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:10:22 AM

I do sell my coins when I see that I gain profit, whether it is high or low as long as I can see and feel  Grin that I gain profit, because I know once the coin peaks its higg surely there will be panic sellers will pop up which is so annoying now, so I prefer to be wise. I think that is enough reason for me. But also I hold coins for long time.
iancortis

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:30:33 AM

for me, i sell my coins when personally needs it and to pullout. but, i usually sell when i got 30 -50% profit in a short and 100 to 250% in a longterm.
Rostchild

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:01:31 AM

I sell more of it with 10% margin,
to much may be dangerous. It is fun when we have to sell it. I sell and buy quite lots
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:32:20 AM

to much may be dangerous. It is fun when we have to sell it. I sell and buy quite lots
Doing the selling when the price pump is always good and of course you have to buy when there is a dump that is coming, I guess by doing the same method again and again will make you rich because it is expected that bitcoin will rise overtime. Patience is necessary in investing and since the norm now of the price is volatile, with great patience you'll be profitable.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
erick94

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:12:37 AM

I sell when there are 2 of interest, such as 1 when the price was spiking up and number 2 when there is an urgent need. because however we also sell to gain profit

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:25:34 AM

Currently the price of bitcoins are going down, we're down from $4,400 to right now, as of writing, the price is down to $3700. And looking like the price will even go down a lot further. But when it does reach $3500 or less, I think that would be the best time to buy. So it is not yet the time to sell, probably this si the best time to buy more and more of every cryptocurrency there is.
leyton11

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:29:48 AM

This is margin trade, and profit 10% per order is very good, do not greedy because it will make you loss a lot of money in future. My strategy is take profit when my order have profit 3-5% depends the situation of market in that time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: