Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:23:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should random jackpot blocks be added , as found in : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg40891040#msg40891040 ?
YES
NO
Yes, but the probabilities and or multipliers must be changed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN] Las Vegas coin. Masternode cost only $250!! Only 400,000 coins total!  (Read 78862 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nico205

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 10:00:30 AM

Hey guys,

I've just setup a pool for VGS at https://vgs.game-news.io/, feel free to join (:

The pool fee is 1%.

For mining, I recommend to use stratum+tcp://stratum.game-news.io:3032 (auto-adjusting difficulty), for fixed difficulty servers check the "Getting started" page.

As username just use your VGS address and the password can be anything!

There is also a block explorer at https://explorer.game-news.io/
and there are also 2 new nodes:
Code:
addnode=188.68.43.83
addnode=46.38.255.177

Friendly Regards
- Nigho[/size]

great getting pool up, I'm in.. One thing, anyway to enable stats for our workers? I cannot click on my worker and see stats at all or add address on a page to get stats.

thanks

Sorry, but the pool software doesn't support advanced stats per worker. I'll maybe upgrade the software to MPOS in the future, this would allow extended statistics for each worker.

its ok, thanks. It doesn't say on the page but what's they payout threshold?

The payout threshold is 1 VGS (currently) and payouts are proceeded every 20 seconds

Anyway to get a read on our stats? Been mining since you opened pool, haven't a clue how much I've earned especially with extremely slow block confirmations. Any way to see that?

I'll setup a new pool with a other software (more advanced stats) within the next few hours. You won't see the earning you mined until now, but all future earnings. I'll let the "old" pool running until all payments are sent out.
sparker327

Activity: 462

Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:17:10 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 11:32:27 AM by sparker327

Hey guys,

I've just setup a pool for VGS at https://vgs.game-news.io/, feel free to join (:

The pool fee is 1%.

For mining, I recommend to use stratum+tcp://stratum.game-news.io:3032 (auto-adjusting difficulty), for fixed difficulty servers check the "Getting started" page.

As username just use your VGS address and the password can be anything!

There is also a block explorer at https://explorer.game-news.io/
and there are also 2 new nodes:
Code:
addnode=188.68.43.83
addnode=46.38.255.177

Friendly Regards
- Nigho[/size]

great getting pool up, I'm in.. One thing, anyway to enable stats for our workers? I cannot click on my worker and see stats at all or add address on a page to get stats.

thanks

Sorry, but the pool software doesn't support advanced stats per worker. I'll maybe upgrade the software to MPOS in the future, this would allow extended statistics for each worker.

its ok, thanks. It doesn't say on the page but what's they payout threshold?

The payout threshold is 1 VGS (currently) and payouts are proceeded every 20 seconds

Anyway to get a read on our stats? Been mining since you opened pool, haven't a clue how much I've earned especially with extremely slow block confirmations. Any way to see that?

I'll setup a new pool with a other software (more advanced stats) within the next few hours. You won't see the earning you mined until now, but all future earnings. I'll let the "old" pool running until all payments are sent out.

I see the new pool is up and it wont let me create an account, it says " Unable to create account: Unable to request email confirmation: Connection to tcp://mail.nigho.me:465 Timed Out "  
then it tells "Unable to create account: Coin address is already taken" , then it says I'm locked out when it wouldn't let me make an account because it gave me an error message when I tried. Since it said my wallet address already taken I then tried to log in and get this message the first time I tried "Unable to login: Account locked. Please Check your Email for instructions to unlock." FYI, I haven't received any emails...

sparker327@gmail.com was the email I tried creating account with.

when tried to reload pool I get this  "Unable to load your global config from [/var/www/html/MPOS/public/../include/config/global.inc.php] - Quick Start Guide"
Nico205

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 11:37:43 AM

Yea, the pool isn't fully setup yet. Need to fix a problem with the mail server first.
sparker327

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:46:34 AM

Yea, the pool isn't fully setup yet. Need to fix a problem with the mail server first.

Ok was just letting you know about the errors. I appreciate the hard work your doing setting up the pool, don't want you to think I'm just bitching. I was thinking of trying to start a pool as well, your running it on Linux?
Nico205

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 02:05:35 PM

Okay, the new pool is setup at https://pool.game-news.io - stratum port is 3333 (variable difficulty).

You'll need to register and create a worker in order to authentificate your miner!

The old stratum will remain running in order to complete all past payouts.

Friendly Regards
- Nigho
sparker327

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:34:31 PM

Okay, the new pool is setup at https://pool.game-news.io - stratum port is 3333 (variable difficulty).

You'll need to register and create a worker in order to authentificate your miner!

The old stratum will remain running in order to complete all past payouts.

Friendly Regards
- Nigho

got it working, thank you. Other question about first pool. you said payout was set to 1 VGS. I see from hashrates I may not have made 1 so are you going to release whatever it is we made on that pool if its under 1 once all confirmations completed?
sparker327

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:59:14 PM

I closed the VGS wallet to restart my system and when I re-started the wallet it will not sync now. It says 13 hours behind when it was synced and open all night until the point when I closed it. Was closed for about 5 minutes. I have 20 active connections and it says processed block 750. Nothing wrong with my connection and I have the latest version v2.2.100.0-6e27778 (64-bit). Not sure why it wont sync, showing network traffic and peer connections.
Nico205

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 03:03:49 PM

Actually your wallet is fully synced, but there wasn't any new block since this time.

sparker327

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:13:02 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 03:35:18 PM by sparker327

Actually your wallet is fully synced, but there wasn't any new block since this time.

ok, its still saying 13 hours behind, synchronizing with the network so must just be a little glitch..thanks

Nico205

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 03:33:21 PM

Seems like there is an error with ALL my nodes and my local wallet.

https://gyazo.com/61f956328edc85b94c7559bb856bcd5d

I've stopped the stratum server for now, until this is fixed.

Friendly Regards
- Nigho
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:46:50 PM

Nico, is one of our team members, and will be handling a lot of important tasks. He is a very close friend of mine, and does beautiful work. His tasks will be handling the pool, Android wallets (staking), IOS mobile wallets, and then multipool in the coming months. Las Vegas coin, is an enormous project that will require a strong team that continues to push forward.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:34:33 PM

Just looking over everything. I think our current pow block reward is too low. Those of you that know me, know, I like a very low coin supply. I think we can increase the current pow reward to the following schedule:

So, looks like if we went with 1 coin block reward for pow for 1 year, It adds about 262,000 coins a year. Because the current supply is so low, I think this is ok. Also masternodes will get 50% of the pow AND POS rewards. So im ok with pow for 1 year @ 1 coin block reward, then year 2 is .5 VGS pow block reward, then year 3 is .25 VGS block reward. .25 VGS pow block reward infinite starting year 3 and on.

This will keep VGS very interesting and I feel its a more attractive POW schedule, but I am just a small part of the equation. Plz let me know if you like what I am proposing above. The key to winning at VGS is the masternodes. @1000 VGS per masternode, it is attainable by most people, and then when you win a masternode, you get 50% of the block, either POW or POS.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:50:45 PM

Just looking over everything. I think our current pow block reward is too low. Those of you that know me, know, I like a very low coin supply. I think we can increase the current pow reward to the following schedule:

So, looks like if we went with 1 coin block reward for pow for 1 year, It adds about 262,000 coins a year. Because the current supply is so low, I think this is ok. Also masternodes will get 50% of the pow AND POS rewards. So im ok with pow for 1 year @ 1 coin block reward, then year 2 is .5 VGS pow block reward, then year 3 is .25 VGS block reward. .25 VGS pow block reward infinite starting year 3 and on.

This will keep VGS very interesting and I feel its a more attractive POW schedule, but I am just a small part of the equation. Plz let me know if you like what I am proposing above. The key to winning at VGS is the masternodes. @1000 VGS per masternode, it is attainable by most people, and then when you win a masternode, you get 50% of the block, either POW or POS.

Vegas
This is fine, if we keep masternode at 1000 VGS per masternode.

I hope that it will be possible to have multiple masternodes per ip address.

Another question - some of us use broadband that randomly changes our ip address. What happens to the masternode if an ip address is randomly changed?

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:53:31 PM

Vegas
This is fine, if we keep masternode at 1000 VGS per masternode.

I hope that it will be possible to have multiple masternodes per ip address.

Another question - some of us use broadband that randomly changes our ip address. What happens to the masternode if an ip address is randomly changed?

If your IP changes, then your masternode will stop working temporary. You will need to go into your roaming file, and open up your .conf file and update your ip address.  Right now it looks like we are staying with 1000 VGS per masternode. I like this as it is attainable by most people. The new POW schedule will keep the buzz about VGS going.

Vegas

GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 06:51:10 PM

Hello everybody. First of all, congrats Vegasguy for this new coin; I think it will be great!.

I'm trying to compile the source code in Ubuntu 15.04 (x86_64), but I'm getting this error:
/usr/local/include/google/protobuf/arena.h:633: undefined reference to `google::protobuf::Arena::AllocateAligned(std::type_info const*, unsigned long)'

I have all the dependencies up to date, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:42:31 PM

Hello everybody. First of all, congrats Vegasguy for this new coin; I think it will be great!.

I'm trying to compile the source code in Ubuntu 15.04 (x86_64), but I'm getting this error:
/usr/local/include/google/protobuf/arena.h:633: undefined reference to `google::protobuf::Arena::AllocateAligned(std::type_info const*, unsigned long)'

There is a precompiled version on the git. https://github.com/keesdewit82/LasVegasCoin/releases/tag/v2.2.100.0 . For your security you can hash it against the source. Plz try that and let me know.

Vegas

keesdewit
Copper Member

Activity: 1024
Merit: 513

txbit.io - cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 07:47:54 PM

Did you follow these instructions: https://github.com/keesdewit82/LasVegasCoin/tree/master/depends

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:04:14 PM

This style wallet is completely different than anything we have ever seen. Using the latest technology has its pros and cons. Every dev that looks at this wallet knows instantly that its not as easy as a "copy and paste". This one is VERY different. But I love how "feature rich" it is. Anyway we are going to update the POW reward schedule as follows, and put out an update to raise the rewards as follows:

Pow reward:

Year 1 : 1 VGS per block
Year 2: .5 VGS per block
Year 3- infinate: .25 VGS per block.

POS is POS V3 and the reward is .5 VGS.

So what this does is keeps the buzz going about Las Vegas coin. Its a balancing act, not to inflate the coin too fast. After 2 years we will be around 1 million coins +/- , which in Crypto is a tiny amount. Pow + POS + Masternodes = a strong chain, fast tx, and an excited community.

A countdown to "end of swap" has been added to the OP. I reset it to 30 days from today to enure all fly users get to swap their coins. Its great to see some old faces from fly Smiley

An update will be released very soon.

Vegas

sparker327

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:10:56 PM

This style wallet is completely different than anything we have ever seen. Using the latest technology has its pros and cons. Every dev that looks at this wallet knows instantly that its not as easy as a "copy and paste". This one is VERY different. But I love how "feature rich" it is. Anyway we are going to update the POW reward schedule as follows, and put out an update to raise the rewards as follows:

Pow reward:

Year 1 : 1 VGS per block
Year 2: .5 VGS per block
Year 3- infinate: .25 VGS per block.

POS is POS V3 and the reward is .5 VGS.

So what this does is keeps the buzz going about Las Vegas coin. Its a balancing act, not to inflate the coin too fast. After 2 years we will be around 1 million coins +/- , which in Crypto is a tiny amount. Pow + POS + Masternodes = a strong chain, fast tx, and an excited community.

An update will be released very soon.

Vegas

this looks good for rewards... you guys are doing a great job..however,  I'm still having issues with the wallet. First it said 13 hours behind when I only closed it for 5 minutes, then I restarted and it said 1 hour behind, now its 9 hours behind even though its synced up to block 750 which is the current block..red "out of sync" on available , obfuscation and recent transactions.. I am connected, can see peers and network traffic in console

GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 08:12:08 PM

Did you follow these instructions: https://github.com/keesdewit82/LasVegasCoin/tree/master/depends

I'm upgrading Qt to 5.6, maybe that's why. Thanks a lot!

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: