Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:26:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner USB group buy- orders closed, pay for extra!  (Read 165540 times)
turtle83

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:28:48 PM

Would you ship to Asia?

Ill wait a few days to see if an Asian group buy pops up or not. if not then I would need to participate in a US/EU group.

id like ~20 pcs... (a mini group buy in itself)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:30:21 PM

I propose a solution to the distribution problem: Payment.

Essentially, the group buy total would figure in a percentage that Arklan decides is fair for his labor in divvying up the packages. JohnK will receive all the funds, and place the group order shipped to Arklan. The leftover amount should be remaining individual shipping costs and Arklan's fee which will be released as soon as he shows JohnK receives of shipment of these orders from Arklan (via delivery conf #'s). Since John is asking 2% I think this would be a fair service to ask of him, to place a group order and to pay the bounty to Arklan upon success.

We need a total group buy price. Currently each is estimated at 2.0808 which includes John's fee and an assumed shipping cost of 0.05 per unit = 624.24 Shipping assumes all these buys stay in domestic USA, which I believe it was intended to at some point.

Arklan, how much time/money do you need to make sure get all these out? Since JohnK is highly repped and charging 2% I think maybe 1% is fair for this group buy, about 6 btc.

At these terms:

cost           =       units          +       shipping     *    fees
630.36 BTC = (300*1.99btc)    + (300*0.05btc)  *   (1.03)

Grand Total of 2.1012 BTC per device. A price difference of 0.0204 but motivates everyone to play more fair?

Feel free to take shits all over this, I am sure it could be improved and modified but maybe something like this could work....

Uh, you've nailed what I'm offering here as the escrow.  Smiley

As per what I'm doing the previous group-buys, I am also holding the operator's fee until the end of everything including the documents above.
purplesquid

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:44:24 PM

Uh, you've nailed what I'm offering here as the escrow.  Smiley

As per what I'm doing the previous group-buys, I am also holding the operator's fee until the end of everything including the documents above.

Excellent!

So, Arklan, what will be your operating fee that motivates you to mail these out before being paid?

Also, put me down for 10 devices total. (Double original order)
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:54:11 PM

This is shaping up! Please increase my commitment from 2 to 3. (and add an 'h' to my name, if that matters: hephaist0s)

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
twobits

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:56:29 PM

Feel free to take shits all over this, I am sure it could be improved and modified but maybe something like this could work....

Would that not only work if the payment amount was more to gain then doing a runner would be?

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
lostmach

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:57:34 PM

5, west coast us
arklan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:04:11 PM

currently we have:
arklan 1( +3 as fee)
bigbeninlondon 1
hephaist0s 3
BlackLilac Grant 10
johnny5 15
Stevenrm87 1
AForceNinja 5
DPoS 4
CanaryInTheMine 1
Bogart 10
Oaxaca 10
Photon939 2
purplesquid 5
zapeta 5
GreatBug 5
thoughtcourier 1
Herbalconfusion 5
Pez 1
finalmoney 10
cchan 5
el3ctrophile 4
logicbomb666 1
win07 1
bitcoinmike 4
noitev 1
DeveloperFish 5
chaxattack 2
muyuu 2
shep80 1
ensign_lee 5
wa4hsh 2
silverbox 1
Klestin 2
Timzim 4
CommanderVenus 1
twobits 3
purplesquid 10
lostmach 5

for a total of 153. 147 remaining!

i have no problems showing my scanned id and all that to john. i'll get going on that. gotta go snap a pic, etc.

as to my fee: i'd be ecstatic with the suggested 1%. which, really, i'd just turn around and use to buy more miners... so i'll just up my order to 4 and we'll call it good, yea?

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:21:50 PM

http://www.pastebin.ca/2374270

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=HWHjiWp8

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The escrow address for Arklan's(the operator) Group buy transaction for ASICMiner USB Miners would be:

1FFyoorSfwQC15Xv7zNZ4Lv5yZcM6WFKuF

Please state and agree to the conditions (if item is received damaged, item lost with tracking, customs fee etc) beforehand.

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on and please ship with tracking to prevent problems during delivery. GPG signing is not a requirement, and any verbal exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, or email is effective as a statement of condition.

The fine print:
This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer, which refers to the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.
The escrow holder, John, assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arises, he will release the escrow to whichever party that presents him with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion with others or theymos. 
The verbal acceptance by both parties (or the failure to reject) and the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.

Please understand that I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction.   
I am imposing a fixed fee of 2% for this transaction, pre-paid to 1NB1KFnFqnP3WSDZQrWV3pfmph5fWRyadz .

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
6 May 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (MingW32)
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=lGUV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Perhaps provide the identification information directly to John and he can verify here?

I can do this escrow as what I did in the last here where I held various identifying information by the OP:

I have received the email from OP and I'll verify it when I get home. I'm on mobile currently. Thanks.
I confirm I have received the following from OP
:

1. A scan of my driver's license.
2. A picture of me holding and showing my driver's license.

In addition to the docs above, I also received a utility bill scan (with the address confirmed as the shipping address, and the operator's full legal name), exterior photo of the house with OP within, and a photo where the house's number is clearly in place.

Arklan, I will PM you my email - please send the documents there. Also, I'd suggest you to make a spreadsheet to keep everything in track and easily updated - an example of spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiYcEqkgyjc_dGU0VzhHRGpOOUxudWkxdWpDN3RmbFE#gid=0 (what I used previously for another group buy)

Thanks,
John
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:43:49 PM

there's another group buy I have setup in US: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195647.0
if you want to diversify your orders and have them shipped insured, take a look.
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:44:29 PM

Consideration will need to be given for what these will be shipped in. While a bubble envelope could be used for smaller groups, these devices will be weak where the USB plug joins the board and could be broken off in transit. A box would be better. This needs to be factored in.

Also, a first-class package to Canada is $10.55 . Priority mail is $20. I could reimburst the extra cost once shipped.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:00:36 PM

http://www.pastebin.ca/2374270

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=HWHjiWp8

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The escrow address for Arklan's(the operator) Group buy transaction for ASICMiner USB Miners would be:

1FFyoorSfwQC15Xv7zNZ4Lv5yZcM6WFKuF

Please state and agree to the conditions (if item is received damaged, item lost with tracking, customs fee etc) beforehand.

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on and please ship with tracking to prevent problems during delivery. GPG signing is not a requirement, and any verbal exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, or email is effective as a statement of condition.

The fine print:
This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer, which refers to the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.
The escrow holder, John, assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arises, he will release the escrow to whichever party that presents him with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion with others or theymos. 
The verbal acceptance by both parties (or the failure to reject) and the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.

Please understand that I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction.   
I am imposing a fixed fee of 2% for this transaction, pre-paid to 1NB1KFnFqnP3WSDZQrWV3pfmph5fWRyadz .

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
6 May 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (MingW32)
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=lGUV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Perhaps provide the identification information directly to John and he can verify here?

I can do this escrow as what I did in the last here where I held various identifying information by the OP:

I have received the email from OP and I'll verify it when I get home. I'm on mobile currently. Thanks.
I confirm I have received the following from OP
:

1. A scan of my driver's license.
2. A picture of me holding and showing my driver's license.

In addition to the docs above, I also received a utility bill scan (with the address confirmed as the shipping address, and the operator's full legal name), exterior photo of the house with OP within, and a photo where the house's number is clearly in place.

Arklan, I will PM you my email - please send the documents there. Also, I'd suggest you to make a spreadsheet to keep everything in track and easily updated - an example of spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiYcEqkgyjc_dGU0VzhHRGpOOUxudWkxdWpDN3RmbFE#gid=0 (what I used previously for another group buy)

Thanks,
John

group buy for 300 (minimum) ASICMINER usb miners at 1.99 each, plus john's 2% fee, an additional .05 BTC for shipping and handling when i get them and mail them out, and 6 btc (paid as 3 miners) as my fee.

customs duties, if applicable, paid by me, arklan, when i receive the package of 300.
items will be shipped insured with tracking using the then-current BTC price for their purchase price. thus, if any arrive damaged or otherwise nonfunctional/lost the insurance shall cover the cost.
tracking info will be provided immediately after shipping them.

i'll email john shortly with the ID stuff.

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:01:47 PM

Consideration will need to be given for what these will be shipped in. While a bubble envelope could be used for smaller groups, these devices will be weak where the USB plug joins the board and could be broken off in transit. A box would be better. This needs to be factored in.

Also, a first-class package to Canada is $10.55 . Priority mail is $20. I could reimburst the extra cost once shipped.

you'll note that there's a shipping fee of .05 btc per unit. that, i think, will cover the need for boxes, insurance, tracking, etc for the bigger orders as well as the smaller.

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:07:17 PM

for all you people complaining about price(count me in as one of them, 300mh for 200$ is a ripoff).... the only way to make it go lower is for everyone to request refund and refuse to order at these prices. But, because u guys are so impatient to get the slightest increase in hashing power at no matter the cost...they will continue to sell at such prices(pathetic)

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:09:41 PM

for all you people complaining about price(count me in as one of them, 300mh for 200$ is a ripoff).... the only way to make it go lower is for everyone to request refund and refuse to order at these prices. But, because u guys are so impatient to get the slightest increase in hashing power at no matter the cost...they will continue to sell at such prices(pathetic)

just a clarification: no money has been paid in any form to me, john, or friedcat for this group buy. to my knowledge, asicminer hasn't accepted any orders for these yet, therefore there can BE no refunds.

obviously, if anyone wants to cancel their order here, please do so.

tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:12:51 PM

i want to buy 1 for fun only Smiley ,
SilentSonicBoom

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 06:13:02 PM

Essentially, the group buy total would figure in a percentage that Arklan decides is fair for his labor in divvying up the packages. JohnK will receive all the funds, and place the group order shipped to Arklan. The leftover amount should be remaining individual shipping costs and Arklan's fee which will be released as soon as proof of delivery is shown to JohnK of these orders from Arklan (via delivery conf #'s). Since John is asking 2% I think this would be a fair service to ask of him, to place a group order and to pay the bounty to Arklan upon success.

We need a total group buy price. Currently each is estimated at 2.0808 which includes John's fee and an assumed shipping cost of 0.05 per unit = 624.24 Shipping assumes all these buys stay in domestic USA, which I believe it was intended to at some point.

Arklan, how much time/money do you need to make sure get all these out? Since JohnK is highly repped and charging 2% I think maybe 1% is fair for this group buy, about 6 btc.

At these terms:

Grand Total of 2.1012 BTC per device. A price difference of 0.0204 but motivates everyone to play more fair?

arklan,
  Is the new price 2.1012 btc per unit? If so, please update on the first post. Thank you.

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:15:42 PM

Essentially, the group buy total would figure in a percentage that Arklan decides is fair for his labor in divvying up the packages. JohnK will receive all the funds, and place the group order shipped to Arklan. The leftover amount should be remaining individual shipping costs and Arklan's fee which will be released as soon as proof of delivery is shown to JohnK of these orders from Arklan (via delivery conf #'s). Since John is asking 2% I think this would be a fair service to ask of him, to place a group order and to pay the bounty to Arklan upon success.

At these terms:

arklan,
  Is the new price 2.1012 btc per uni?. If so, please update on the first post. Thank you.

because i'm choosing to take my fee as miners, the total amount to be paid is 624.24, which is the .05 btc shipping and the 2% fee to john. my fee isn't nay btc, but rather more miners for me. thus ,the price remains 2.0808 per unit.

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:15:55 PM

put me down for 2.
thanks

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:19:13 PM

currently we have:
arklan 1 (+ as fee for organizing the group buy)
bigbeninlondon 1
hephaist0s 3
BlackLilac Grant 10
johnny5 15
Stevenrm87 1
AForceNinja 5
DPoS 4
CanaryInTheMine 1
Bogart 10
Oaxaca 10
Photon939 2
purplesquid 10
zapeta 5
GreatBug 5
thoughtcourier 1
Herbalconfusion 5
Pez 1
finalmoney 10 - canceled. Sad
cchan 5
el3ctrophile 4
logicbomb666 1
win07 1
bitcoinmike 4
noitev 1
DeveloperFish 5
chaxattack 2
muyuu 2
shep80 1
ensign_lee 5
wa4hsh 2
silverbox 1
Klestin 2
Timzim 4
CommanderVenus 1
twobits 3
lostmach 5
tigerfree 1
Kushedout 2

for a total of 141. 159 remaining!

johnny5

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:19:51 PM

Please +5 to my 15, for a total of 20.  tyvm!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: