Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:02:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner USB group buy- orders closed, pay for extra!  (Read 165540 times)
Klestin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:13:57 PM

Yes I do know that, but PPcoin is a viable option, although currently Bitcoin is more profitable. blah
Ok, didn't know PPCoin had become profitable. Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nuggium

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:38:55 PM

Will this order be the first batch to go through, or was there a group buy that already went 300+ before us ?

Idk but its starting to look like by the time we get these units difficulty will be between 13 and 15 million. Good bye roi. Sad
How upsetting..
 :' (

i'm gonna do everything in my power to get these out the door as fast as i can guys, promise.

Thanks Arklan. You and John have been doing a great job with communication and we all appreciate the work.
Henchman24

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:18:58 PM

Thanks Arklan. You and John have been doing a great job with communication and we all appreciate the work.
+1
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:24:39 PM

You know what?  I always felt that $200+ for this item was a total rip-off and I never expected to have it pay off in a traditional sense.

I knowingly overpaid because I expected that in doing so, it might induce Bitfountain/~friedcat to service this account rapidly and reliably and thus I would get my unit in a relatively rapid manner.  This does not seem to be happening and I'm starting to wish to bail.

Other USB devices are probably going to be coming out and at a much much much reduced price-point.  These build on Avalon 110nm chips, Bitfountain 130nm chips if released in raw, or who knows what other chips which may be in the pipe-line.

If I have to wait for a lot of delays in units which are supposedly done and be at the mercy of a supplier who is either not honest or not reliable, it is simply not a wise decision to overpay.

I would be interested in a discussion about revoking the order and paying both John K and Arklan appropriate fees for the time, risks, and costs they have incurred.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:35:07 PM

You know what?  I always felt that $200+ for this item was a total rip-off and I never expected to have it pay off in a traditional sense.

I knowingly overpaid because I expected that in doing so, it might induce Bitfountain/~friedcat to service this account rapidly and reliably and thus I would get my unit in a relatively rapid manner.  This does not seem to be happening and I'm starting to wish to bail.

Other USB devices are probably going to be coming out and at a much much much reduced price-point.  These build on Avalon 110nm chips, Bitfountain 130nm chips if released in raw, or who knows what other chips which may be in the pipe-line.

If I have to wait for a lot of delays in units which are supposedly done and be at the mercy of a supplier who is either not honest or not reliable, it is simply not a wise decision to overpay.

I would be interested in a discussion about revoking the order and paying both John K and Arklan appropriate fees for the time, risks, and costs they have incurred.

Based on the number of late responders to the original offering, you could always try to auction off your "shares" in the auction forum.  If Arklan and John agree in advance of course.
TiuraZ

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:38:40 PM

In the original announcement thread, dated 4th May friedcat said this: "The Sapphire Batch. This is the first batch under production in quantity. Its lead-time is conservatively 15-20 days."

So they never promised to deliver anything right after somebody gathers order for 300 units. Only after around 19th to 24th day of May it is appropriate to start accusing them dishonest or unreliable.
LazyOtto

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:51:28 PM

So far there has been no delay.

Perhaps you did not do your homework before making your commitment?
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:53:11 PM

Based on the number of late responders to the original offering, you could always try to auction off your "shares" in the auction forum.  If Arklan and John agree in advance of course.

That was hardly my initial intent, but it might be a workable idea.

A dis-advantage would be that it would reduce the effect of 'punishing' the supplier for failure to perform adequately in business arrangements and that is an important aspect to me.

---

Arklan and John K:  Would you entertain the idea of transferring my 'stake' in all ways to another individual?

- If so, what would be your fees?

- Would you run an auction using this thread to communicate results?  Especially for a cut of the winning bid?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:58:12 PM

According to someone's post of a Bitfountain shareholders report from the 8th, the organization was 'taking orders'.

According to our escrow agent's report, our order has not yet happened in spite of noble attempts.

If we don't get queue'd up according to the order in which we got our shit together and produce the funds, or if there are any artificial delays for this vastly overpriced hardware, we are getting fucked.  And I don't like getting fucked.

finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:02:40 PM

I am kind of feeling the same way.  I initially planned on reselling most of mine through ebay, hoping to recoup at least my cost out of it (pocket around $210 per device after fees) so they would need to sell for around $250-300 per device.  that could potentially be possible for the next week or so, given the small power usage.  guess there is really no way to know until these are received.
CommanderVenus

Activity: 258

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:08:52 PM

I was just saying that it is kinda upsetting that were ready but cant get them just yet is all. I never really thought i would make my full btc back and its just unfortunate that the difficulty is skyrocketing for whatever reason. I just want to get my hands on this usb miner since its gonna be my first real reason to start mining again. Toying around on mtgox is too stressful so i wanna get back into the mining game. Im excited! haha. Oh, and i still want my unit even if it takes a little more time!

arklan and John, you guys have been amazing and part of the most positive experiences ive had with bitcoin. Wish i could say the same about some other mining hardware dealers.
 ; D

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:13:22 PM

According to someone's post of a Bitfountain shareholders report from the 8th, the organization was 'taking orders'.

According to our escrow agent's report, our order has not yet happened in spite of noble attempts.

If we don't get queue'd up according to the order in which we got our shit together and produce the funds, or if there are any artificial delays for this vastly overpriced hardware, we are getting fucked.  And I don't like getting fucked.

BTW, here's the info and where I got it.  I'm not a shareholder and cannot vouch for it's authenticity.

The latest news up to 8 May 2013.
> 200 TH/s has been ordered for 2-3mo deployment timeframe.
> USB devices fully tested, 10,000 units ready for order at 1.99 BTC each.
> ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204244.msg2138586#msg2138586

Klestin

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:32:24 PM

A dis-advantage would be that it would reduce the effect of 'punishing' the supplier for failure to perform adequately in business arrangements and that is an important aspect to me.
Sorry, I still don't get this. The original estimate from the supplier is still in the future.  There are no indications (confirmed or otherwise) that any order has been taken ahead of ours.  All this angst over an unconfirmed report that the units are tested and ready to be ordered?

Honestly, there's no delay here yet.  Far be it from me to diminish a customer complaint, but this has so far been as smooth as glass.  If you value your sanity, please for the love of God never EVER order from Avalon or BFL. I can only imagine your response to the 9+month order lead time those poor saps have incurred.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:35:05 PM

The Sapphire Batch

This is the first batch under production in quantity. Its lead-time is conservatively 15-20 days.

That was posted in the 04-May announcement.

I'm expecting delivery to Arklan sometime during "the week of the 19th", to use BFLspeak, with delivery to me later that week or early the next.

I understand ASICMINER has been pretty good about meeting delivery schedules so far, with their blade sales.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
wa4hsh

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:41:07 PM

I ordered a Jalapeno back in August 2012 from BFL. I figure I will get these 2 Block Erupters in this order before I see the unit from BFL.
twobits

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:42:38 PM

...oh. well then, since we don't need the CE mark and have 429 paid for, looks like we're in the lead. yay us!

course we're ALSO waiting on friedcat to make the official announcement that he's taking orders.

They may say you need an FCC reg. though.   If they do, you need to remember these are parts and not complete in and of themselves.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:43:33 PM

Sorry, I still don't get this. The original estimate from the supplier is still in the future.  There are no indications (confirmed or otherwise) that any order has been taken ahead of ours.  All this angst over an unconfirmed report that the units are tested and ready to be ordered?

Honestly, there's no delay here yet.  Far be it from me to diminish a customer complaint, but this has so far been as smooth as glass.  If you value your sanity, please for the love of God never EVER order from Avalon or BFL. I can only imagine your response to the 9+month order lead time those poor saps have incurred.

IMHO, ~friedcat should take orders which are funded (as he indicated was the plan) and should deliver in the order in which he took orders.  And he should provide enough transparency to ensure that this is happening.

Further, he should make sure that procurement of this particular class of equipment is given priority on the basis of it's cost on a per-hash basis.  And again, provide info that that is occurring.

Neither of these things should be either unreasonable or especially time consuming.

---

Oh, and there was not a snowball's chance in hell that I was ever going to order from Avalon.  At least not assembled rigs.

And as for BFL, I considered them a likely scam from before they missed their first delivery 7 months ago.  They are unbelievably slimy, and I would not piss in Josh's mouth if his tongue was on fire.

twobits

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:50:34 PM

You also said you did not mind paying more in fees, since it was a insignificance amount to you.

It was stated in the posting by friedat they would not be taking orders for 15-20 more days.    I always expected to now see my unit till June most likely, or end of May if very lucky.  This is why I thought it important to trim the costs since there was no way to get it faster

Likely in Aug/Sept timeframe.  In August the difficulty looks very likely to explode as well.

If [I have to wait for a lot of delays in units which are supposedly done and be at the mercy of a supplier who is either not honest or not reliable, it is simply not a wise decision to overpay.

Only the preproduction dev units were done, it was stated it would be 15-20 days or so till these were done.  These were never supposedly 'done' for the batch we ordered from, hence my earlier comments about it being silly to feel in such a rush.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:28:56 PM

You also said you did not mind paying more in fees, since it was a insignificance amount to you.

It was stated in the posting by friedat they would not be taking orders for 15-20 more days.    I always expected to now see my unit till June most likely, or end of May if very lucky.  This is why I thought it important to trim the costs since there was no way to get it faster

Where?  I missed it.  If you can find that statement, I stand corrected and retract most of my complaints.

Note that 'taking orders' is not nearly the same thing as 'shipping'.  Obviously shipping cannot happen until the items are done.  But I do expect a pipeline process where orders are shipped simultaneously with pieces being produced.  IOW, it would make little sense to get a batch of 10,000 built and tested, and only then start taking orders and shipping.

---

Look at it this way.  If I'm paying 5-star hotel prices, I don't want to have to make a special request for freeze-dried coffee.  ~friedcat's failure to act in a manner I consider appropriate to John's query, with money in hand, is analogous to walking into the hotel room and seeing a roach scurry across the floor.

There will be ample opportunity to find a Motel-6 in the coming weeks and months, and I love bargain shopping for cheap hotels, but that is not what I am interested in right now.  Mostly because it isn't an option.

Given the choice between a noisy and dangerous hotel room at 5-star prices, and sleeping in my car, I personally am inclined to opt for the latter.  It's coming into focus that that is the option we are looking at here.

Klestin

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:49:06 PM

They are unbelievably slimy, and I would not piss in Josh's mouth if his tongue was on fire.
Don't be shy, tell us how you really feel!  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: