Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:57:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain  (Read 131108 times)
saminer

Activity: 71
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 07:38:17 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2019, 09:24:22 AM by saminer

New to the Nimiq World?
Here is a quick tour to learn everything you need to know to get started!

Nimiq: Easiest cryptocurrency!
Try it: https://safe.nimiq.com
Summary: https://nimiq.com/en/#onepager
Whitepaper & Roadmap: https://nimiq.com/whitepaper/

NImiqNews

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 05:31:40 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2019, 01:32:03 PM by NImiqNews

The new whitepaper provides insight on how #Nimiq is addressing

four key challenges of #cryptocurrency adoption: scalability, accessibility, usability, and interoperability.

Read the new Nimiq Whitepaper here!

adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 03:11:02 PM

I heard about NIMQ partnership with WEG BANK: https://www.coindesk.com/a-small-bank-in-germany-is-now-nearly-30-owned-by-crypto-companies
I see LISK is involved too,
I would like to ask if  there is any direct cooperation between  LISK and NIMQ or there are  just separate partnerships?..

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
vj1977

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:54:02 AM

I heard about NIMQ partnership with WEG BANK: https://www.coindesk.com/a-small-bank-in-germany-is-now-nearly-30-owned-by-crypto-companies
I would like to ask if  there is any direct cooperation between  LISK and NIMQ or there are  just separate partnerships?..

Direct cooperation between Lisk and Nimiq would be amazing!

I have found Lisk CentralAmerica blog  - https://medium.com/liskcentralamerica/innovation-finds-a-home-at-the-beach-31c896108f8c
NImiqNews

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 02:23:39 PM

Nimiq is excited to announce a collaboration with the Canadian crypto payment processor Bidali.

As an immediate outcome, this collaboration allows #Nimiq users to buy items and services

from known brands using gift cards from Bidali’s website or NimiqGiftCards

Learn more about it here!

adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:07:25 AM

I have found Lisk CentralAmerica blog  - https://medium.com/liskcentralamerica/innovation-finds-a-home-at-the-beach-31c896108f8c

Nimiq seems to be too shady for me and I hope it won't cooparate with Lisk as I have significant amount of money invested (wasted :|) in LISK
There was too much doubt spread here in this topic about Nimq - and I can't find any reliable explanation unfortunatelly

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:44:18 AM
Merited by nimiq.cafe (1)

What does your gut tell you?

If you surf to www.nimiq.com and create a wallet, how does the UI feel?

If you obtain some NIM and pass some to your friends within 30 seconds.

No install needed. No PhD required. Just URL, a few taps and ready to pay worldwide. Easy. Effortless.

Does your gut tell you that you are looking at something nice?
Something that Libra could suck a point to?
Something that a scammer would build with a lot of attention to detail?
Something included in major shopping plugins like Woocommerce?

I can then you what my gut tells me: undervalued and massive potential.

nimiq.cafe

Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 01:20:12 PM

I would like to ask if  there is any direct cooperation between  LISK and NIMQ or there are  just separate partnerships?..

I have found Lisk CentralAmerica blog  - https://medium.com/liskcentralamerica/innovation-finds-a-home-at-the-beach-31c896108f8c

Nimiq seems to be too shady for me and I hope it won't cooparate with Lisk as I have significant amount of money invested (wasted :|) in LISK
There was too much doubt spread here in this topic about Nimq - and I can't find any reliable explanation unfortunatelly

The "doubt" you speak about is merely one or two bad actors using multiple accounts to astroturf the discussion and defame the developers.
If you want reliable explanations I invite you to come ask questions on Telegram or Discord, the community will be more than happy to provide answers.
Nimiq

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 01:42:28 PM

I would like to ask if  there is any direct cooperation between  LISK and NIMQ or there are  just separate partnerships?..

I have found Lisk CentralAmerica blog  - https://medium.com/liskcentralamerica/innovation-finds-a-home-at-the-beach-31c896108f8c

The doubt and trolling is spread by one single user with alts, don't be fooled by that.

If you have any specific questions you can post them here and we will answer you right away with all the reliable explanations and proofs you've ever dreamed of  Wink

*Image Removed*  (http://safe.nimiq.com/#_request/NQ17YTX4X5U65BUXHN5JV6VV260V9UP1D39S_)
Nimiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 01:56:02 PM

Regarding the relationship between Nimiq, LISK and WEG Bank:

- Nimiq owns stake in WEG bank. Lisk created an enterprise account in the same bank
- Nimiq and Lisk are both based in JavaScript (although a new high performance implementation of Nimiq in Rust is also being tested right now)
- Lisk focuses on Smart Contracts for Companies, allowing them to spin up their own Blockchain. Nimiq focuses only on payments
- Team Nimiq is a personal acquaintance of Lisk's Latin American Manager, that's the reason of this blog post.

In summary: there are indeed some similarities and synergies between Nimiq and Lisk. Right now there is no specific cooperation announced other than brainstorming possible ways to collaborate.

*Image Removed*  (http://safe.nimiq.com/#_request/NQ17YTX4X5U65BUXHN5JV6VV260V9UP1D39S_)
Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 01:56:19 PM

Greetings. And what is the main purpose of the platform? Curious to know more about it

Hi!

The purpose is payments. Try it our here and you'll see is the easiest payment experience while at the same time enabling you to connect directly to the blockchain network from your browser, running a Nimiq node.

You are just lying. Running a Nimiq pico/nano node. Not a full node.

Show me the one who wants to connect to something from their browser, and Ill spit in that dumbass' face. Hey everyone behold my virtual power, bla bla I can connect to somewhere from my browser yay Im the embodiment of universal power and absolution. I connected! Wow what the hell, this is the dumbest thing to waste ur time on. If u got 24h of spare time per day u can still waste it more effectively than doing this.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 01:59:50 PM

Are you spitting in the face of billions of Internet users?

Nimiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 02:18:08 PM

Greetings. And what is the main purpose of the platform? Curious to know more about it

Hi!

The purpose is payments. Try it our here and you'll see is the easiest payment experience while at the same time enabling you to connect directly to the blockchain network from your browser, running a Nimiq node.

Show me the one who wants to connect to something from their browser, and Ill spit in that dumbass' face. Hey everyone behold my virtual power, bla bla I can connect to somewhere from my browser yay Im the embodiment of universal power and absolution. I connected! Wow what the hell, this is the dumbest thing to waste ur time on. If u got 24h of spare time per day u can still waste it more effectively than doing this.

I imagine people thought the same when Web Mail (AOL, Hotmail, Gmail) came out and they were still using local Email Clients. Or when people first saw Wikipedia... why do you need that if you already have Encarta  Wink

I appreciate your honest (and a bit aggressive) opinion. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and if you search opinions about WebApps I think you can find a lot about their potential in the future. If you actually think about it, how many of the apps that you use daily are Web Apps (or are based in a Web App already) like Wikipedia, Google, Spotify, Youtube, Gmail, etc.

Now let me ask you something. Can you think of any popular app that has no WebApp and works only as a Native App?  Smiley

nimiq.cafe

Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 02:23:38 PM

Nothing to see here people. This is just a blockchain designed by kids, for kids.
Look how childish the avatars are.

These avatars serve a purpose, they are meant to be easy to recognize in the blink of an eye.
As for the art in itself a lot of people seem to appreciate it as they use them as profile image on their social media accounts.  Wink
nimiqshitcoin

Activity: 329
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 02:27:32 PM

Hi!

So much buzz here about this shitcoin. The beauty of this shitcoin is that they can install at any time a honeypot js script to sniff all private keys and crack them in a few minutes as the password is really weak ( 6 letter ) by default. What a fucking joke. This is exactly how you would make a blockchain insecure, just like nimiq.
Nimiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 02:31:57 PM

Nothing to see here people. This is just a blockchain designed by kids, for kids.
Look how childish the avatars are.

Yes! This is how Nimiq Identicons look:

There is a reason why they are so cheerful and different between each other. You can try them out here.

Each Nimiq Identicon has five different elements, bottoms, faces, sides, tops body, and background color. Each element has a distinctive color. In total, identicons are made up of a combination of:

• 21 bottoms
  • 21 faces
  • 21 sides
  • 21 tops
  • 8 colors for parts
  • 9 body colors
  • 10 background colors

That means there are 10 * 9 * 8 * 21⁴ = 140,026,320 different identicons that can be generated, so Nimiq is capable of generating more than 100 million highly differentiated and instantly recognizable identicons. This protect users against malware and clipboard hijacking.

If a Nimiq user is subject to a clipboard hijacking attack and the malware replaces the Nimiq address on the clipboard with an account address controlled by the attacker, then the user will paste this fraudulent address into the send field and the receiving addresses identicon will be shown instantly. If you are sending NIM to a friend and you see an identicon different from their usual one, then you instantly know that someone has launched a clipboard hijacking attack against you.

Nimiq is not the only blockchain with itenticons. This how Ethereum's identicons look:

Not so nice and easy to identify.

If you want to read more about Nimiq Identicons check out this blog post.

nimiqshitcoin

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 02:40:18 PM

That means there are 10 * 9 * 8 * 21⁴ = 140,026,320 different identicons that can be generated, so Nimiq is capable of generating more than 100 million highly differentiated and instantly recognizable identicons. This protect users against malware and clipboard hijacking.

Yeah sure. It takes 5 minutes to do a full vanity search of 140,026,320 taking into considerations all possible colors and body parts. So, any "hacker" can generate an identical (identical!!!) identicon in a few minutes.

On bitcoin, a Core i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz (very old cpu), it scan (CPU only) 1.10 mkey/s. So, it would take 2 minutes to generate an identical identicon.

So your identicons really really suck breaching its security than any other solution.
Nimiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 02:50:26 PM

Hi!

So much buzz here about this shitcoin. The beauty of this shitcoin is that they can install at any time a honeypot js script to sniff all private keys and crack them in a few minutes as the password is really weak ( 6 letter ) by default. What a fucking joke. This is exactly how you would make a blockchain insecure, just like Nimiq.

This is simply not true and shows you have no idea about what you are talking about. You are just embarrassing yourself at this point.
- Nimiq is completely client-side and non-custodial so your information (encrypted keys) are stored only in your device, like MyEtherWallet does. Do you also have a problem with them?
- Users have multiple ways to interact with the Blockchain, Nimiq Safe is just one option provided by Team Nimiq. If you are concerned about security you can always run a Nimiq Full Node, it's very easy with Docker.
- The minimum character count on Nimiq passwords is 8, not 6. There are numerous client-side checks done on the password to help the user be secure (like avoiding 12345678 and such).
- Users are welcome to choose a longer password but for usability-sake 8 characters safe enough considering the file encrypted by the password is only stored in your device.

nimiqshitcoin

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 02:59:01 PM

This is simply not true and shows you have no idea about what you are talking about. You are just embarrassing yourself at this point.
- Nimiq is completely client-side and non-custodial so your information (encrypted keys) are stored only in your device, like MyEtherWallet does. Do you also have a problem with them?
- Users have multiple ways to interact with the Blockchain, Nimiq Safe is just one option provided by Team Nimiq. If you are concerned about security you can always run a Nimiq Full Node, it's very easy with Docker.
- The minimum character count on Nimiq passwords is 8, not 6. There are numerous client-side checks done on the password to help the user be secure (like avoiding 12345678 and such).
- Users are welcome to choose a longer password but for usability-sake 8 characters safe enough considering the file encrypted by the password is only stored in your device.

I think you must be stupid. I quote again what I fucking said.

So much buzz here about this shitcoin. The beauty of this shitcoin is that they can install at any given time a honeypot js script (1 line of code) to sniff all private keys used in browser by users and crack them in a few minutes as the password is really weak ( 6 letters ) by default. What a fucking joke. This is exactly how you would make a blockchain insecure, just like Nimiq.

Regarding your stupid identicons, anybody can crack your identicon making an identical clone in 2 minutes. I proved it with real numbers. so your security is fucked up. I think I can get you. You smoked to much crack.
boltalka

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:05:04 PM

I think you must be stupid. I quote again what I fucking said.

So much buzz here about this shitcoin. The beauty of this shitcoin is that they can install at any given time a honeypot js script (1 line of code) to sniff all private keys used in browser by users and crack them in a few minutes as the password is really weak ( 6 letters ) by default. What a fucking joke. This is exactly how you would make a blockchain insecure, just like Nimiq.

Regarding your stupid identicons, anybody can crack your identicon making an identical clone in 2 minutes. I proved it with real numbers. so your security is fucked up. I think I can get you. You smoked to much crack.
Let's crack.
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: