Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:33:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain  (Read 131127 times)
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:09:44 PM

It is crafted beautifully.

It’s almost like Libra, but then done right  Grin

Nimiq

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:10:20 PM

That means there are 10 * 9 * 8 * 21⁴ = 140,026,320 different identicons that can be generated, so Nimiq is capable of generating more than 100 million highly differentiated and instantly recognizable identicons. This protect users against malware and clipboard hijacking.

Yeah sure. It takes 5 minutes to do a full vanity search of 140,026,320 taking into considerations all possible colors and body parts. So, any "hacker" can generate an identical (identical!!!) identicon in a few minutes.

On bitcoin, a Core i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz (very old cpu), it scan (CPU only) 1.10 mkey/s. So, it would take 2 minutes to generate an identical identicon.

So your identicons really really suck breaching its security than any other solution.

Your FUD is just a joke at this point. Identicons are a way to visualize addresses and provide an extra layer of protection to users. The address is derived using BIP44 which is a standard among cryptocurrencies. You are clearly trying to confuse address derivation with identicon generation.

According to you, this is the vulnerability.

1- Hacker has to guess who I am going to send NIM to. Nimiq Identicon Protection  Cool
2- Hacker tries to find an identicon that looks the same as the recipient he had to guess before. And hopes that's the one recipient I actually use. Nimiq Identicon Protection  Cool
3- Hacker infects my device with clipboard hijacking. All cryptocurrencies are vulnerable
4- Hacker executes clipboard hijacking and hopes I don't check the address. All cryptocurrencies are vulnerable

When compared to other cryptocurrencies (like Bitcoin or Ethereum), Nimiq provide steps from 1 and 2 as an extra layer of protection without adding complexity to the user. After that Nimiq is just like another cryptocurrency.

So your point is either:

- Nimiq provides more security to users than other cryptocurrencies  Smiley
- You have a feud against all cryptocurrencies  Huh
- You have a feud with Nimiq and are just making up BS to confuse users  Roll Eyes

*Image Removed*  (http://safe.nimiq.com/#_request/NQ17YTX4X5U65BUXHN5JV6VV260V9UP1D39S_)
nimiqshitcoin

Activity: 329
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:15:20 PM

That means there are 10 * 9 * 8 * 21⁴ = 140,026,320 different identicons that can be generated, so Nimiq is capable of generating more than 100 million highly differentiated and instantly recognizable identicons. This protect users against malware and clipboard hijacking.

Yeah sure. It takes 5 minutes to do a full vanity search of 140,026,320 taking into considerations all possible colors and body parts. So, any "hacker" can generate an identical (identical!!!) identicon in a few minutes.

On bitcoin, a Core i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz (very old cpu), it scan (CPU only) 1.10 mkey/s. So, it would take 2 minutes to generate an identical identicon.

So your identicons really really suck breaching its security than any other solution.

Your FUD is just a joke at this point. Identicons are a way to visualize addresses and provide an extra layer of protection to users. The address is derived using BIP44 which is a standard among cryptocurrencies. You are clearly trying to confuse address derivation with identicon generation.

1- Hacker has to guess who I am going to send NIM to. Nimiq Identicon Protection  Cool
2- Hacker tries to find an identicon that looks the same as the recipient he had to guess before. And hopes that's the one recipient I actually use. Nimiq Identicon Protection  Cool
3- Hacker infects my device with clipboard hijacking. All cryptocurrencies are vulnerable
4- Hacker executes clipboard hijacking and hopes I don't check the address. All cryptocurrencies are vulnerable

When compared to other cryptocurrencies (like Bitcoin or Ethereum), Nimiq provide steps from 1 and 2 as an extra layer of protection without adding complexity to the user. After that Nimiq is just like another cryptocurrency.

So your point is either:

- You have a feud with Nimiq and are just making up BS to confuse users  Roll Eyes

Definitely, you must be smoking pot in Costa Rica. Your identicon is making it less secure to the user. Simple because it takes only 2 minutes to generate an identical identicon. A hacker if he knows the original address/identicon  he can generate an identical (100% identical fake address) in less than 2 minutes (number proved above). Your clipboard protection using this identicon is way less secure than in Ethereum. For ethereum to make an identical identicon would take years and to make one similar would take days or weeks, while in nimiq generating a fake identicon (identical) it takes 2 minutes.
Nimiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:16:01 PM

This is simply not true and shows you have no idea about what you are talking about. You are just embarrassing yourself at this point.
- Nimiq is completely client-side and non-custodial so your information (encrypted keys) are stored only in your device, like MyEtherWallet does. Do you also have a problem with them?
- Users have multiple ways to interact with the Blockchain, Nimiq Safe is just one option provided by Team Nimiq. If you are concerned about security you can always run a Nimiq Full Node, it's very easy with Docker.
- The minimum character count on Nimiq passwords is 8, not 6. There are numerous client-side checks done on the password to help the user be secure (like avoiding 12345678 and such).
- Users are welcome to choose a longer password but for usability-sake 8 characters safe enough considering the file encrypted by the password is only stored in your device.

I think you must be stupid. I quote again what I fucking said.

So much buzz here about this shitcoin. The beauty of this shitcoin is that they can install at any given time a honeypot js script (1 line of code) to sniff all private keys used in browser by users and crack them in a few minutes as the password is really weak ( 6 letters ) by default. What a fucking joke. This is exactly how you would make a blockchain insecure, just like Nimiq.

Regarding your stupid identicons, anybody can crack your identicon making an identical clone in 2 minutes. I proved it with real numbers. so your security is fucked up. I think I can get you. You smoked to much crack.
Let's crack.

Please go ahead and try to "crack" Nimiq. There is a Bug Bounty Program managed by HackerOne where anyone that finds a real vulnerability can cash out up to $20'000. We encourage all serious programmers and researchers to join  Cool

*Image Removed*  (http://safe.nimiq.com/#_request/NQ17YTX4X5U65BUXHN5JV6VV260V9UP1D39S_)
Nimiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:19:51 PM

So your point is either:

Definitely, you must be smoking pot in Costa Rica. Your identicon is making it less secure to the user. Simple because it takes only 2 minutes to generate an identical identicon. A hacker if he knows the original address/identicon  he can generate an identical (100% identical fake address) in less than 2 minutes (number proved above). Your clipboard protection using this identicon is way less secure than in Ethereum. For ethereum to make an identical identicon would take years and to make one similar would take days or weeks, while in nimiq generating a fake identicon (identical) it takes 2 minutes.

Identicons are used as a protection when you send NIM to somebody else. To successfully hack someone you need to guess to whom that person is going to send NIM, generate a similar Identicon and try to change it via clipboard hijacking.

Why would I want to generate a similar identicon of the sender (original) identicon? What is your point here ignorant FUDDER?  Grin

nimiqshitcoin

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:55:45 PM

This is simply not true and shows you have no idea about what you are talking about. You are just embarrassing yourself at this point.
- Nimiq is completely client-side and non-custodial so your information (encrypted keys) are stored only in your device, like MyEtherWallet does. Do you also have a problem with them?
- Users have multiple ways to interact with the Blockchain, Nimiq Safe is just one option provided by Team Nimiq. If you are concerned about security you can always run a Nimiq Full Node, it's very easy with Docker.
- The minimum character count on Nimiq passwords is 8, not 6. There are numerous client-side checks done on the password to help the user be secure (like avoiding 12345678 and such).
- Users are welcome to choose a longer password but for usability-sake 8 characters safe enough considering the file encrypted by the password is only stored in your device.

So much buzz here about this shitcoin. The beauty of this shitcoin is that they can install at any given time a honeypot js script (1 line of code) to sniff all private keys used in browser by users and crack them in a few minutes as the password is really weak ( 6 letters ) by default. What a fucking joke. This is exactly how you would make a blockchain insecure, just like Nimiq.

Regarding your stupid identicons, anybody can crack your identicon making an identical clone in 2 minutes. I proved it with real numbers. so your security is fucked up. I think I can get you. You smoked to much crack.
Let's crack.

Please go ahead and try to "crack" Nimiq. There is a Bug Bounty Program managed by HackerOne where anyone that finds a real vulnerability can cash out up to $20'000. We encourage all serious programmers and researchers to join  Cool

Do I get a bounty for my vulnerability report, that in 2 minutes you can vanity generate any identicon ? This would not be possible with Ethereum identicons. I guess you are just ignorant and don't care about these, as you are just promoting the shitcoin to get some quick buck.
Nimiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:12:27 PM

Let's crack.

Do I get a bounty for my vulnerability report, that in 2 minutes you can vanity generate any identicon ? This would not be possible with Ethereum identicons. I guess you are just ignorant and don't care about these, as you are just promoting the shitcoin to get some quick buck.

The way it works is you Send it to HackerOne and let them decide. They are an unbiased external Bug Bounty and Vulnerability Validation company trusted by more than 1'000 software companies like Ethereum, Monero and GitHub.

Post the link to the vulnerability report here and until then stop spamming about something that is really not a vulnerability.

FYI If you consider Ethereum and identicons check this blog post.

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:23:16 PM

By following this thread, I learn more and more how carefully and diligently the Nimiq team has put all of this together  Shocked

CryptoNeed

Activity: 504
Merit: 137

Nope.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 04:34:07 PM

It’s almost like Libra, but then done right  Grin

Will be interesting to see how fast other people make the transition to Nimiq for "text-messenger-funds-transfers" once the noticed that Libra is a centralized sh*tcoin.

Nevertheless, I think Libra will be good for the crypto ecosystem as a whole.

Great minds discuss ideas,
average minds discuss events,
small minds discuss people. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
nimiqshitcoin

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:37:43 PM

Let's crack.

The way it works is you Send it to HackerOne and let them decide. They are an unbiased external Bug Bounty and Vulnerability Validation company trusted by more than 1'000 software companies like Ethereum, Monero and GitHub.

Post the link to the vulnerability report here and until then stop spamming about something that is really not a vulnerability.

FYI If you consider Ethereum and identicons check /weakicons]this blog post.

Philipp, you must have smoked way to much pot.

https://i.imgur.com/nnzKdXh.png

45 fucking minutes to get something that doesn't even look like the original. Your stupid identicon can be cracked in 2 minutes on an average computer. IDENTICAL IDENTICON. If we make some tweaks to avoid some similar colors, you can crack the nimiq identicon in 1 sec on a normal computer.
Nimiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:40:45 PM

45 fucking minutes to get something that doesn't even look like the original. Your stupid identicon can be cracked in 2 minutes on an average computer. IDENTICAL IDENTICON. If we make some tweaks to avoid some similar colors, you can crack the nimiq identicon in 1 sec on a normal computer.

Nimiq has never claimed that identicons have 160-bit security and replace addresses. They exist to help identify your own accounts and defend against clipboard hijacking, that's it.

You said you were going to submit a serious vulnerability report to HackerOne. Do that, post the link and stop spamming, talking non-sense and insulting people.

I asked you before why you think this is a vulnerability and you didn't answer.

Why would I want to generate a similar identicon of the sender (original) identicon? What is your point here ignorant FUDDER?  Grin

boltalka

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:11:56 PM

Let's crack.

FYI If you consider Ethereum and identicons check /weakicons]this blog post.

Philipp, you must have smoked way to much pot.

If you can hack, why don't you hack?
Scamiq

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:13:01 PM

No one in the corporate world is going to take this kiddie icons seriously.

You're all a bunch of stupid moonkids. Except nimiqshitcoin, thanks to him I learned how insecure their identicons are.
boltalka

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:18:23 PM

You're all a bunch of stupid moonkids. Except nimiqshitcoin, thanks to him I learned how insecure their identicons are.
This is your account nimiqshitcoin?
Scamiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:32:35 PM

This is your account nimiqshitcoin?

The truth is we are not just one person but many.
We have come to exact retribution on this scam ICO which has robbed people of millions of dollars.
Nimiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:52:34 PM

Sounds like an alt talking to himself  Roll Eyes

Companies that Nimiq is already working with:

- WEG Bank
- Trinkler Software, publishing a cutting-edge consensus algorithm that is potentially the highest performance in the crypto space.
- Bidali a Canadian Crypto Payment Processor
- KuCoin Exchange
- TrustWallet the official wallet of Binance
- Totalcrypto, researching on cryptocurrency adoption
- Stanford University’s Applied Cryptography Group
- Imperial College’s Centre for Cryptocurrency Research and Engineering
- Liquidity Network

And the list keeps growing. I'll take those Companies/Universities opinion over yours (an aggressive random SPAMMER with no credibility or public work as developer to share) any time.

Scamiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:59:33 PM

Trinkler software just a shitty startup company with only 3 people.

WEG bank a tiny regional bank in Bavaria.

Imperial College because Gervais did some work for you pre-ICO and then you used the ICO money to fund his postdoc. Just using each other, is no real collaboration.

Oh yeah, looks like Gervais is behind Liquidity Network. So not an independent point.
Nimiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 06:00:42 PM

The Nimiq Wordpress Plugin is now Live!

The WooCommerce plugin v2.7 is out!
You can also find it in the WordPress Plugin Registry searching for "Nimiq": https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-nimiq-gateway/

New automatic currency conversion to $NIM on checkout - thank you @brantje for the initial work!

More details here: https://github.com/nimiq/woocommerce-gateway-nimiq/releases

Nimiq answer FUDDERS
Giving them the attention they deserve

What is this all about?
Nimiq is the first browser blockchain.
That means apps based on Nimiq can run directly in the browser of the user, locally, without the need of a server-side application.

Since its launch, this have been an informative/discussion thread for Nimiq-related topics.
In January these group of users were created with the sole purpose of spreading FUD in this thread:

nimiqshitcoin, coinfanatic, andrewjaxx, john.btc, sasha.new, Scamiq, Scamiq2, matthewgpu

As you might have noticed they always use unnecessarily aggressive language, huge red bold fonts and empty claims instead of serious questions.

Team Nimiq have answered here their non-factual claims. Also held a live Reddit AMA session recently where all questions were answered.
There is also a blog post with a  summary of the AMA.

Nimiq welcome all newcomers, invite them to ask questions, and would like to apologize for these users behavior and any inconvenience they might cause.

vj1977

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 06:23:33 PM

I heard about NIMQ partnership with WEG BANK: https://www.coindesk.com/a-small-bank-in-germany-is-now-nearly-30-owned-by-crypto-companies
I see LISK is involved too,
I would like to ask if  there is any direct cooperation between  LISK and NIMQ or there are  just separate partnerships?..

Direct cooperation between Lisk and Nimiq would be amazing!

I have found Lisk CentralAmerica blog  - https://medium.com/liskcentralamerica/innovation-finds-a-home-at-the-beach-31c896108f8c

Nimiq seems to be too shady for me and I hope it won't cooparate with Lisk as I have significant amount of money invested (wasted :|) in LISK
There was too much doubt spread here in this topic about Nimq - and I can't find any reliable explanation unfortunatelly

Shady?! Lol! Everything is cristal clear in this thread.

FUDers are back, it is good sign for Nimiq.
Scamiq

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 06:24:08 PM

I will add that Nimiq team is not capable of generating its own partnerships.
All Nimiq's existing partnerships were formed by outside parties coming to them. In that way Nimiq is like a freeloader that accepts free shit from other people, but is incapable of providing enough value to initiate partnerships it desires itself. To be clear, this means that all existing exchanges which Nimiq is on was a result of the exchange coming to Nimiq, but if Nimiq initiates the contact with an exchange e.g. Bittrex, the exchange is not interested since Nimiq is not bringing much value to the table itself. I hope I make myself clear.
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: