Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:01:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★ PandaCoin [PND] ★★★ 2021 Network Update  (Read 64919 times)
UserNoOne

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 05:42:46 PM

Hi,

Newb question but with the new chain, its appears we can mine again for a time. I dont see a command in the wallet for that. Is there an easy way to do that, or can you direct me to an updated resource. All my searches pull information from the old chain.

Thanks,

PTDbaU8ppj9oP57F9cddbrGDKkSRbSZrW2
pandacoin-official

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2021, 01:00:24 PM

Hi,

Newb question but with the new chain, its appears we can mine again for a time. I dont see a command in the wallet for that. Is there an easy way to do that, or can you direct me to an updated resource. All my searches pull information from the old chain.

Thanks,

Mining is indeed possible again, but currently the block reward is tiny (some 8 PND per block), to deter profit oriented miners.
Once PoS is able to mint, and markets are up and stable again, we'll consider raising rewards at some point.

mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 11:40:59 AM

Hey so

is amDOGE back?

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
pandacoin-official

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 12:30:54 PM

Hey so

is amDOGE back?

Possibly :^)

mtrycz

View Profile
June 14, 2021, 02:08:49 PM

pandacoin-official

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 09:52:34 PM

You can now gamble your pandacoins on our telegram channel: https://t.me/pandacoin

UserNoOne

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 21, 2021, 04:25:13 AM

Hi,

Thanks,

Mining is indeed possible again, but currently the block reward is tiny (some 8 PND per block), to deter profit oriented miners.
Once PoS is able to mint, and markets are up and stable again, we'll consider raising rewards at some point.

I would love it to take less than 4 days to deposit coins (need 100 confirmations). How could I mine, and help speed that up?

thanks,

pandacoin-official

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 12:26:08 AM

I would love it to take less than 4 days to deposit coins (need 100 confirmations). How could I mine, and help speed that up?

thanks,

More people mining will not help speed up your transaction, as there is only so many PoW blocks that are allowed to be generated in a given time frame.

If you're unhappy with the amount of confirmations it takes for the receiver of your transaction to verify it, you should ask them to lower that amount.

Right now there is no updated guides I can offer. You should be able to find a pool with one of the more recent posts we have put out on medium. Keep in mind still that there are no payouts being processed by it currently.

pandacoin-official

View Profile
June 24, 2021, 08:48:24 PM

Our website (https://pandacoin.tech) has gotten a major rework. Please take a look.

pandacoin-official

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 05:32:53 AM

I'm looking for testers for the release candidate of the next core client upgrade:
https://github.com/DigitalPandacoin/pandacoin/releases/tag/v4.9.1.pnd.rc1

Do note that this is a pre-release. Do not download this if you value stability.

DigPanda

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 01:04:01 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2021, 01:25:31 PM by DigPanda

how to stop staking / minting in new PND wallet. guide me.
mtrycz

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 03:14:59 PM

I'm looking for testers for the release candidate of the next core client upgrade:
https://github.com/DigitalPandacoin/pandacoin/releases/tag/v4.9.1.pnd.rc1

Do note that this is a pre-release. Do not download this if you value stability.

Works for me. I also did a full IDB (since it's so fast).

pandacoin-official

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 10:00:57 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2021, 12:21:37 AM by pandacoin-official

Start the wallet with
Code:
minting=0
in your pandacoin.conf.

pandacoin-official

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 10:04:16 PM

The new mobile wallets (for ios and android) are available for testing now.
If you would like to test, please pm me for details.

paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2021, 04:32:20 PM

Does anyone know how many PandaCoins one needs to get about 2 stakes a week?
There are a number of variables, but even when you are not actually getting a stake or minting payout, you are gaining coin age.  Coin age times your Pandacoin input amount or staking balance is your stake mining or minting power and the bases for rewards. So basically if you are running your Pandacoin wallet constantly, your  chances of more frequent rewards and sooner rewards are the best.  The others staking their Pandacoin also make a difference as well as some luck or randomness is involved. If you are not getting rewards your Pandacoin staking and minting power increases with age.

You can check the Minting tab for estimations of when you are likely to get rewards, it allows you to display your minting probability for a selected time frame.  It does take 30 days for new Pandacoin transactions to fully mature for staking. You can expect 2 1/2% annually as a target and it is paid out as you find blocks with your staking and minting powers vs the network difficulty and block targeting parameters. Your rewards once mature are also eligible to engage in staking so all in all your minting rewards are much like getting compound interest payments.

What are these rewards?  Pandacoins?  I'm not very nictpicky about exact balances because I run a few wallets but I see the age increase but not sure any balance is shown as increasing. 

jommy99

Activity: 575

PND DevTeam

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2021, 04:45:13 PM

Does anyone know how many PandaCoins one needs to get about 2 stakes a week?
There are a number of variables, but even when you are not actually getting a stake or minting payout, you are gaining coin age.  Coin age times your Pandacoin input amount or staking balance is your stake mining or minting power and the bases for rewards. So basically if you are running your Pandacoin wallet constantly, your  chances of more frequent rewards and sooner rewards are the best.  The others staking their Pandacoin also make a difference as well as some luck or randomness is involved. If you are not getting rewards your Pandacoin staking and minting power increases with age.

You can check the Minting tab for estimations of when you are likely to get rewards, it allows you to display your minting probability for a selected time frame.  It does take 30 days for new Pandacoin transactions to fully mature for staking. You can expect 2 1/2% annually as a target and it is paid out as you find blocks with your staking and minting powers vs the network difficulty and block targeting parameters. Your rewards once mature are also eligible to engage in staking so all in all your minting rewards are much like getting compound interest payments.

What are these rewards?  Pandacoins?  I'm not very nictpicky about exact balances because I run a few wallets but I see the age increase but not sure any balance is shown as increasing. 
The target is 2 1/2% annually, yes in Pandacoin to your Panda wallet.  Proof of stake mining / minting is ongoing from a PC Panda wallet the rewards are paid out much like regular mining as PoS blocks are found.  Rewards are  much like compounded interest as once mature your rewards too can earn rewards..  It takes 500 confirmations for new coins to mature.   Coin age plus amount of Pandacoin in an unspent output is the staking / minting power, coin age must by 30 days old.  The key to getting frequent rewards is having a number of qualifying unspent outputs with varying coin ages.  Check your minting tab for a view and guesstimation  of your current minting status.

♝ Pandacoin    ♝ Earn Pandacoin ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Seeking Dev Team Help ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Android Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
DigPanda

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 04:06:23 PM

Start the wallet with
Code:
minting=0
in your pandacoin.conf.
can you please guide in detail (step wise) coz i have no idea ............
DigPanda

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 04:43:26 PM

Start the wallet with
Code:
minting=0
in your pandacoin.conf.
and how would i know it has been done coz status of coins is still "immature". how long it will take to make available for free transfer of coins
jommy99

Activity: 575

PND DevTeam

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2021, 07:09:40 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2021, 08:13:13 PM by jommy99

Start the wallet with
Code:
minting=0
in your pandacoin.conf.
and how would i know it has been done coz status of coins is still "immature". how long it will take to make available for free transfer of coins
Your pandacoin.conf file is in your Pandacoin data folder, you can view it from your Pandacoin wallet.  Use the Settings menu then select Open Configuration File.   You should then be able to edit and save it, at the top for instance add a line reservebalance=20000 or minting=0 then save the file.

Exit and restart your Pandacoin wallet.

500 confirms are required for maturity.  There is a capability as hinted too above to reserve some balance from stake mining / minting also you can disable minting altogether by editing your pandacoin.conf

If you think you will need to spend your coins in the near future, then it is best not to mint for that time in case you solve a block and have them unavailable for a short period. It is also possible to set a “reserve balance” of coins that won’t be used for minting by using the
Set reserve amount not participating in network protection.  using an entry like   reservebalance=20000  in your .conf file

♝ Pandacoin    ♝ Earn Pandacoin ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Seeking Dev Team Help ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Android Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
DigPanda

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 01:24:19 PM

Start the wallet with
Code:
minting=0
in your pandacoin.conf.
Your pandacoin.conf file is in your Pandacoin data folder, you can view it from your Pandacoin wallet.  Use the Settings menu then select Open Configuration File.   You should then be able to edit and save it, at the top for instance add a line reservebalance=20000 or minting=0 then save the file.

Exit and restart your Pandacoin wallet.

500 confirms are required for maturity.  There is a capability as hinted too above to reserve some balance from stake mining / minting also you can disable minting altogether by editing your pandacoin.conf

If you think you will need to spend your coins in the near future, then it is best not to mint for that time in case you solve a block and have them unavailable for a short period. It is also possible to set a “reserve balance” of coins that won’t be used for minting by using the
Set reserve amount not participating in network protection.  using an entry like   reservebalance=20000  in your .conf file

thanks buddy.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: