Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:35:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can cryptocurrency make real money disappear?  (Read 28795 times)
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:38:58 AM

What are the chances of living in a world with no actual money ?  Shocked

That's a nice day though, where their wouldn't be any cash and people would only used cards or something like that. Seems pretty impossible though making fiat no being used.
It is still considered money even if it's in card form or if you are using modern technology to pay for something. What you might be thinking is a cashless society where no one needs to bring paper money and every transaction would be done digitally, be it online or offline. That day might not come soon enough as paper money is being produced more today.
A cashless society seems impossible to me, there is simply no way to not use cash, in first world countries this may be possible but the standard of living in other countries is not as high so people still need to use cash since they do not have access to bank accounts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5917

Meh.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:16:06 AM

That's a nice day though, where their wouldn't be any cash and people would only used cards or something like that. Seems pretty impossible though making fiat no being used.
It is still considered money even if it's in card form or if you are using modern technology to pay for something. What you might be thinking is a cashless society where no one needs to bring paper money and every transaction would be done digitally, be it online or offline. That day might not come soon enough as paper money is being produced more today.
A cashless society seems impossible to me, there is simply no way to not use cash, in first world countries this may be possible but the standard of living in other countries is not as high so people still need to use cash since they do not have access to bank accounts.

It all comes down to what you define as "cash". If you think about it we are more or less already in a cashless society with all these numbers on bankaccounts and gov's. and banks wanting ro remove paper money. Here in Sweden I barely ever hold any money in my hands anymore. Sometimes it sucks because it makes me feel like I lose control of the value of money. And if we only use numbers on a screen telling us how much we have and how much something costs we will lose sense of it.

I recently started collecting silver and it feels like that is one form of "real cash" as I can hold it and exchange it anywhere in the world for stuff. Let's see what the future holds though.

amacl1n

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:33:11 AM

No, because cryptocurrencies are in all ways, money, hence if they replace fiat and other offline currency it would still be "real money"..
The fact that bitcoin is digital doesn't change it's value as money at all, considering it being defined as something that can be used to obtain items and services and bitcoin fit in that category.
Cryptomillionaires

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:35:18 AM

I think FIAT is too big to be removed for at least 100 years. Anything is possible in the future though!
Maccus

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:39:40 AM

No of course it can not ! States will never let their money control right disappear. This is a conditions for the states to be called states.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:40:10 AM

I think FIAT is too big to be removed for at least 100 years. Anything is possible in the future though!

"At least 100 years"? How cute.. FIAT as we know it will probably be gone within the next 15 years. Economic collapse is imminent and that will change our monetary system for a long while, perhaps forever.

As you've stated anything is possible in the future and what I just wrote could very well be proven wrong and the complete opposite could happen. Time is the only thing that is certain in this world.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:52:16 AM

"At least 100 years"? How cute.. FIAT as we know it will probably be gone within the next 15 years. Economic collapse is imminent and that will change our monetary system for a long while, perhaps forever.

As you've stated anything is possible in the future and what I just wrote could very well be proven wrong and the complete opposite could happen. Time is the only thing that is certain in this world.
I agree with you, i think that it will just need more than a decade to makes things up because the fiat now is getting worse and people are realizing it and other countries already realized it too and they already adopted or accepted bitcoin to their country as a currency because they believe that bitcoin is the future of money and if it is not bitcoin then other cryptocurrencies can really make the real money disappear because of the advanced features and how convenient to use them.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:56:44 AM

I agree with you, i think that it will just need more than a decade to makes things up because the fiat now is getting worse and people are realizing it and other countries already realized it too and they already adopted or accepted bitcoin to their country as a currency because they believe that bitcoin is the future of money and if it is not bitcoin then other cryptocurrencies can really make the real money disappear because of the advanced features and how convenient to use them.

Exactly! The only shame and issue with this is that 90% of the population doesn't realize that this is happening right now. We are getting fucked by both gov's. and banks and we have been for a while now. FIAT is basically worth nothing as it stands. All it takes is for a couple of things to happen and we could be back to the 19th century. I sure as hell would never put any savings in the bank in FIAT. I'd call that a slow suicide.

AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:01:19 AM

But i doubt government of each and every country would adopt cryptocurrencies because every country have their own challenges and most of the government are not ready to rely on a decentralised financial system completely. Bitcoin can be a part of a financial system but not exclusively. I don't think that bitcoin or any cryptocurrency will make real money disappear soon.
Maccus

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:14:54 AM

I doubt so. Like I explained in my post just above yours, since the beggining of the times monetary power was tied with ruling power, and that will never change !
davids

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:24:01 AM

cryptocurrency will never make the real money disappear, real money can not disappear because supported by citizen and controlled by the government. some people have the belief that online transactions makes them prone to hackers. Moreover not all places have internet connection
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:25:04 AM

I doubt so. Like I explained in my post just above yours, since the beggining of the times monetary power was tied with ruling power, and that will never change !

That's just an outright lie. Since the beginning of times monetary power has NOT been tied to ruling power. However! Since the beginning of times money has been backed by and associated with something that is considered to be worth it. For example we used to have silver & gold coins that were used to purchase or trade things with. That is no longer the case, FIAT of most countries no longer holds any ties to something actually worth what it tells us it is worth. Which is why it will collapse very soon.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:05:10 PM

cryptocurrency will never make the real money disappear, real money can not disappear because supported by citizen and controlled by the government. some people have the belief that online transactions makes them prone to hackers. Moreover not all places have internet connection

Fiat currencies are only supported by the governments and not the people who use it because they don't have a choice on what currency to use because they are controlled by being centralized of the government and if they will find out that there is bitcoin that is decentralized then for sure they will migrate to bitcoin and it will make the real money almost worthless because of its flaws that most of the people are really sick of.
CryptonomyCapital

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:19:14 PM

I think that the answer is "Yes", but it will take a lot of time. Blockchaine based currencies are more convinient and safe.
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:34:27 PM

yes that is in fact looking difficult. although bitcoin is become more popular and its community is also increasing from time to time but still  we cannot ignore the importance of fiat currency, fiat will also continue with bitcoin for a long time until every person of the world know about the use of bitcoin which will i take decades even century/
lecongnhan123

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:53:01 PM

Yes but not in the near future. Real cash will disappear as soon as e-currencies become international currencies, everything can be paid with e-currencies with no fee or small fees so that it's suitable to pay for daily life so that everyone will usee-currencies instead of real cash, they will not need real money anymore.
gentlem3n

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:04:14 PM

Of course there would be money, the only time when there was no money was when people's fiance was done by exchanging items, the question is what will be "money" at that time. I think bitcoin will coexist with traditional payments for a long while before completely replacing them.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:10:09 PM

According to the present scenario, I can't see that day coming unless the humanity gets involved in a nuke war where majority of the earth will be destroyed. Then only we all have to go for a barter system instead of money. Bitcoin or any other crypto currency doesn't have power to simply negate the need of money or they simply can't replace money in any way.

Real money is controlled by the government and it is so deep-rooted, it can't be simply destroyed. However, crypto currency has created a parallel economy where a lot of people have become financially independent and living a good life. So just take crypto currency the way it is, instead of thinking of making it a mainstream currency.

BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:14:55 PM

No of course it can not ! States will never let their money control right disappear. This is a conditions for the states to be called states.

Well cryptocurrency can possibly make paper money obsolete but it will never make real money disappear because if the money we are using now become obsolete and replaced by cryptocurrency then, the cryptocurrency itself will become the real money.  So how can cryptocurrency make real mone disappear when times come that cryptocurrency itself is the real money?
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:16:06 PM

I don't think we will see fully cashless world anytime soon. Many people are still illiterate or still don't have access to good internet connection around the world, for them bitcoin or internet banking is like extraterrestrial technology so they will always rely on cash deals.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: