Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:43:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can cryptocurrency make real money disappear?  (Read 28795 times)
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:40:51 PM

100% there is a chance. Because we already have bitcoin and altcoins which we called cryptocurrencies.

And what is the proof or theories that it will happen? Bitcoin and other crypto currencies will never make real currency or money we commonly call fiat disappear. Bitcoin is very volatile, how can it support the economy of a country, if bitcoin price falls, the economy of one's country do too and that will be very bad for that country. Bitcoin also will be hard to control since it is decentralized.
There's no possibility even in the near future that digital currency will replace or worst make a real money disappear not even in world market but of course in their country. And its true that it would be very risky if digital currency or bitcoin to be used in their economy because of being inconsistent of its price and being volatile of any kind of cryptocurrency today.
valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:45:19 PM

What are the chances of living in a world with no actual money ?  Shocked

It'll be more convenient for us not to carry such Cash on hand.

I agree to that, It was really nice to buy anything without carrying any cash anywhere because it was easier in that way and since it is a digital currency it was also a fast transaction but this kind of idea's will be always depending on the government if they will implement it or not so lets just wait for their decisions about bitcoins.
deango

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:09:31 PM

Dont think so.
In the end fiat currency will always be here, crypto currency will another way to use money but it will not make the fiat currency disappear.
Wolf of Btrex

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:10:12 PM

This isn't even a possibility mainly because we should remember that all these so called cryptocurrencies (most of them) are decentralized meaning there is no power of authority within the system. With different types of governments in different countries, it just wouldn't be possible to go up against fiat which is a centralized currency and has been in the circulation ever since the beginning of modern trade.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:11:17 PM

Low. I think personally that cryptocurrencies wont make FIAT useless, but I think that cryptocurrencies will work hand-in-hand with FIAT money. Especially in countries like the United States, and the other first-world countries; I don't see FIAT going anywhere soon.

I agree. I am not saying cryptocurrency does not have the potential to make it big, or at least, as big as money. However, I think that fiat money has proven itself as a major, if not, the main player in the market, which has been widely accepted by many and are being used more comfortably in making deals all around the world. So, instead of phasing money out, I foresee that if cryptocurrency would continue its rise and recognition from people, it could have the change to fight toe to toe and interplay with fiat money instead of killing the latter out. This would help in making the market even more active and vibrant.

Woodies

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:14:32 PM

I think there will be a mix of cryptos and fiat while cryptos become the most important in the future.
Skroojee

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:20:48 PM

Now almost everywhere in the world there is a non-cash payment. So I do not see any problems living in a world without cash. Basically, that's all for the last 10 - 15 years.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:08:29 PM

Now almost everywhere in the world there is a non-cash payment. So I do not see any problems living in a world without cash. Basically, that's all for the last 10 - 15 years.

One good thing about real money disappearing based on an online post is that it can eliminate black market. But in my own opinion, cryptocurrency can just increase over the value of cash but not literally eliminate it and make it disappear in the global market. First of all, electricity and internet connection is very important to maintain the use of digital currency and it is quite hard to assure the presence of this two in all places around the world.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
sailordgold

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:10:33 PM

I think that in the next few years, the encrypted currency will occupy a certain market, and in the next twenty or thirty years, people will use the encrypted currency widely. But the paper money should not disappear, some transactions must have paper money, they should be very good combination, convenient for our life Smiley
Sheltor

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:20:46 PM

There are several reasons it cannot be possible but let me mention few, real money is very essential in a society where internet is poor and level of illiteracy is high. Another reason why crypto currency cannot make real money disappear is because banks and government will not have access over tyeccontrol of how we spend and keep money. No tax, no charges so they will put laws that will not be friendly to cryto currency
maikelujang

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:23:19 PM

Crypto currencies have just been introduced few years before.Internet is a must for using digital currencies.Internet is not available widely all over the world.Most people are even illiterate in many countries.Most of them only know paper money as the real money which they could feel in their hands.More over,digital currencies are decentralized and there is no authority to give assurance to their value.So,these drawbacks would not allow crypto currencies to make real money disappear
Xzhyte

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:44:38 PM

I think its not possible. I would be very hard for all the people to adopt to cryptocurrency. Not all places has internet connections and not all people have smartphones or laptops. Also cryptocurrencies are so volatile that it may drastically affect the economy of a country that solely relies on it.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

The probability of it is actually very low because there are people who are still creating black propaganda on bitcoins and they are telling that cryptocurrency is a scam and we should not invest our money on it. I hope that they will get the right information about bitcoins soon because there are a lot of people already who earn money on this industry.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
czhy20

Activity: 129
Merit: 3

bitrace® | JOIN NOW

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:50:56 PM

Having an everyday life that solely relies on cryptocurrencies as  way of payment is very expensive and would take time. Some platforms charges almost 0.001 btc as the transation fee, in which will make payments of low amount become too expensive, it will not be reliable. Also it takes about 8 minutes to complete a bitcoin transaction, in which is a long time specially when you're in a rush.

bitrace®
[ PRE-ICO | Jan 25th - Feb 25th ]
[    ICO    | Feb 25th - Mar 25th ] (http://bitrace-token.com)
ljm8888

Activity: 163

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:51:53 PM

Bitcoins do not make the physical money disappear. This is impossible, because the currency is bound to the state power. Bitcoin will not disappear unless the Internet is closed. Ha ha ha ha, this is the world can not bear. The future role of bitcoin will be enhanced. Let's wait and see.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:55:38 PM

Already the fact that you call it "real" gives you an answer to your question. Nope. But soon I guess governments will find a way to transform their FIAT shit into some sort of cryptocurrency.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
RiskySanchez

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:56:12 PM

impossible, as long as the government and a country still there I think it will be difficult to eliminate real money which means is a symbol of a nation especially crypto currency is still not legalized in some countries as world currency. I think it will be very difficult because crypto currency is not as money to transact but as an investment

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:55:45 PM

I think that in the next few years, the encrypted currency will occupy a certain market, and in the next twenty or thirty years, people will use the encrypted currency widely. But the paper money should not disappear, some transactions must have paper money, they should be very good combination, convenient for our life Smiley

Probably will be like that that if comes to that to be used both paper and crypto. Both will have market that can be bought and sell and maybe only reason that this is not yet set in motion is cuz government dont want this cuz they can control this. But probably in next few decades this can be set in motion and we will see something like happening.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:05:24 PM

Already the fact that you call it "real" gives you an answer to your question. Nope. But soon I guess governments will find a way to transform their FIAT shit into some sort of cryptocurrency.
It is possible that some cryptocurrency will only remain in the form of guardians of value, such as gold. You will not be able to buy coffee with them, but you can buy a house. Other cryptocurrency may remain in circulation for smaller payments.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:07:01 PM

It'll be more convenient for us not to carry such Cash on hand.
I think if you are talking about other crypto so then there is no chance but if you are taking about bitcoin so then its possible for bitcoin because bitcoin is the only leading currency in market which can do anything bitcoin price is very high than any other currency and in this year its price will go more high and I’m sure very soon bitcoin will be able to replace paper money and will also end poverty from world so my best wishes are with bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: