Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:49:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cashless society  (Read 36231 times)
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:28:49 PM

Cashless society? I think it is impossible to achieve there are a lot of consideration to make it happen even cryptocurrencies are actively used in digital world. If you notice not all establishment/business are open to cryptocurrencies transaction. Some societies have no idea what is bitcoin and it uses. For me cashless society is impossible to make it happen.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:03:37 PM

Cashless society? I think it is impossible to achieve there are a lot of consideration to make it happen even cryptocurrencies are actively used in digital world. If you notice not all establishment/business are open to cryptocurrencies transaction. Some societies have no idea what is bitcoin and it uses. For me cashless society is impossible to make it happen.

Not really impossible but it will take a whole lot to make this a reality. Some.countries perhaps can support a society without cash entirely but there will be setbacks that would have to be hurdled at the start. It may take a hundred years if we're all even alive by then to seriously think about removing physical money transactions

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:18:29 PM

Not really impossible but it will take a whole lot to make this a reality. Some.countries perhaps can support a society without cash entirely but there will be setbacks that would have to be hurdled at the start. It may take a hundred years if we're all even alive by then to seriously think about removing physical money transactions
Modern technology is constantly speed up the development of society. Of course to use non-cash easier and for people and for the state. There are contactless credit cards. I think that it won't be long until the same bitcoin cards. The speed of the transition to cashless payments can be very high. For this you need only desire.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:46:27 PM

Modern technology is constantly speed up the development of society. Of course to use non-cash easier and for people and for the state. There are contactless credit cards. I think that it won't be long until the same bitcoin cards. The speed of the transition to cashless payments can be very high. For this you need only desire.

There are already Bitcoin cards. There are companies like BitPay where you deposit Bitcoin and you can get a VISA card to make purchases automatically with Bitcoin from your account. It is amazing. Shocked
Shomeare1932

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:54:19 AM

I consider there will not be a great deal alter to what we are seeing in modern economic system. Crypto currencies nevertheless will be traded on higher rates than the current one. But implementing them in true planet (other than digital) would be hard. In straightforward words and phrases, fiat will even now lead the planet although crypto's still be traded on the virtual info centre.
lixer

Activity: 2548
Merit: 586

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:02:39 PM

I'm sure fiat will still exist in the future. Not every people in this world has the money to buy a cellphone and they will buy food instead.
You can never expect to see a society having digital currency only. Both paper money and crypto currency has their own places. Yes, this might be possible that usage of paper money become less. But you cannot say that there will be no more existence of paper money.

BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:44:33 PM

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this.  Wink

It's already become a reality. Sweden is nearly 100% cashless. Stores are aloud to legally deny it, most banks don't carry it, and ATM's have disappeared like phone booths.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
WinBeast

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:47:38 PM

A cashless society would be far more efficient, both economically and logistically, and it's certainly the direction we're moving in.
Emitdama

Activity: 1778
Merit: 328

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:51:25 AM

I'm sure fiat will still exist in the future. Not every people in this world has the money to buy a cellphone and they will buy food instead.
You can never expect to see a society having digital currency only. Both paper money and crypto currency has their own places. Yes, this might be possible that usage of paper money become less. But you cannot say that there will be no more existence of paper money.
I second your thought. It would be pretty difficult to make the world go digital in all aspects. There are millions of people who are not willing to use digital currencies even when it is latest trend in the market. According to them, digital currencies are not trustworthy. What I see in the near future is that we will be utilizing both types of currencies.
farwellbit

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:54:02 PM

I consider there will not be a great deal alter to what we are seeing in modern economic system. Crypto currencies nevertheless will be traded on higher rates than the current one. But implementing them in true planet (other than digital) would be hard. In straightforward words and phrases, fiat will even now lead the planet although crypto's still be traded on the virtual info centre.
Such cards has been out for some years now, and I think Xapo Was The first to release,  based on my understanding. Yes they make things easy, but I don’t think I’m going to be using them.  I’m  better off with selling to my favorite exchanger, than use those cards,  because they cost a lot.
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:49:56 PM

You are very much right. We can hardly see a cashless society even after a couple of decades or more.There is one important thing which we need to understand and that is both the paper money and digital currency have their own places and no one out of both can entirely take the place of other. Yes it can happen that number of people will start showing their interests in Crypto, but even then you can’t wipe out paper money from this society.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:35:02 AM

With all the advancements of the wirldcand technology I'm convinced we are going to have a cashless society somehow one day but as to the kind of technology and which era it will happen nobody can tell .

Yes maybe not in our lifetime  but sure will be in cashless society in future. Technology progress very fast now with each passing day we have some new innovation in any field that can bring cashless society to be reality not just talks or concept at any point.

I think some cashless societies may exist but I do not think the whole world is going to be able to make that transition, we are in the 21 century and half of the population of the world do not have access to water so it is difficult for me to believe that we could do all of our transactions online when things like that still are happening around the world.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:52:22 AM

I think some cashless societies may exist but I do not think the whole world is going to be able to make that transition, we are in the 21 century and half of the population of the world do not have access to water so it is difficult for me to believe that we could do all of our transactions online when things like that still are happening around the world.

I am also positive that there would be a cashless society in the future but then it would not be implemented worldwide cause there are still places in the world that have not even transitioned yet to information age because they even lack the basic necessities. It would be hard to implement something that not everyone can participate on cause they lack the basic tools to do it. Maybe for us who are already in it and have access to it can easily say that its possible but there are still so many who are not aware of it and when you pitch to them something about being cashless in the future, they would think otherwise.

I think cryptos would co-exist with fiat money since there are so many things that should be done to implement the cashless society. It's co-existing now and it would continue for decades cause technology is so slow especially on developing countries.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:22:30 AM

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this.  Wink
The possibility of the cashless society that you are saying is 30%. I think the 30% is very small possibility because I think in the future many people will still prefer fiat than digital currency.
ongels

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:47:18 AM

In my own speculation, cashless society extracted based on vast ideas of people governs by the expansion of technologies and continue's flow of innovations. The existence of bitcoins boost the significant of having a cashless society in the future, One good reason is a tendency  of making our life runs much easier and it is more effecient in processing transactions compared to paper currency..
IAMYOURLEADER

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:29:46 AM

Just think that not everybody has the money to buy a mobile device and having the internet when they couldn't even afford to buy the food they need to eat everyday. It is only possible in a city where most of their citizens are filthy rich.
Wittycoin

Activity: 696

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:08:08 AM

I think cashles society is not yet possible even in the next 20 years because the government are really supporting the fiat money or traditional money and the volume of transactions that we are using and its been supported by the government, I think the government will not let cryptocurrency become the volume of transactions that easy.
Aprijhunot

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:46:23 AM

Unfortunately for now we still have to bring cash cash everywhere, though in small quantities. Infrastructure in Indonesia is not evenly distributed, yes times in big cities like Jakarta ATM or EDC machine scattered everywhere. Well, if that is in a small town or remote part of the village?

In the past, people whose wallet could be proud because they looked a lot of money. Now? The more cards I think the more proud, the thin wallet is not the problem yes .. #eh
suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:48:38 PM

most modern people living in big city cities, rarely use cash to make payments for financial activities. Like me, more often use creditcard as payment option while cash as a grip when traveling and no facilities for creditcard. Very nice, if will be digital fiat currency like bitcoin. So i think, tx fee btc still lower than interest on my creditcard.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
superplus

Activity: 475
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:04:19 PM

Everybody that doesn't live in a third world country must have noticed that we already use e-money.We are paid with money that we can't see,we are trading without cash money(POS for example),we are using atm,paysafecards,paypal etc.
There is obviously more easy to transfer money, but I think there are still problems suchs us criminality,interest rates, and generally the feeling of insecurity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: