Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:14:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cashless society  (Read 36220 times)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:14:57 PM

Everybody that doesn't live in a third world country must have noticed that we already use e-money.We are paid with money that we can't see,we are trading without cash money(POS for example),we are using atm,paysafecards,paypal etc.
There is obviously more easy to transfer money, but I think there are still problems suchs us criminality,interest rates, and generally the feeling of insecurity.
As far as I know there are no third world countries anymore they are replaced by "developing countries" because it is really offensive for people living in those countries. Also the E-Money you are talking about are not absent to these developing countries as they are even preferred by other countries. Even poor people have credit cards this day in which they have the mindset of Buy Now, Pay Later. So I guess it is not about your countries rank but how popular is that payment method in that country is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stac

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:00:05 PM

The convenience of financial transactions worldwide is a motivation to the people to prefer digital currency. There is no need to carry any cash cards like debit/credit cards, solid money on hand, cheque and there is no need ti wait for your chance to go to the atm's but only with a simple click we can buy or sell bitcoins from any part of the world. The bitcoins can be stored in your wallet which is one of the biggest advantage of this cryptography, the digital currency will be secure in your own hands as there is no regulatory control over the bitcoin technology.

reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:10:42 PM

Everybody that doesn't live in a third world country must have noticed that we already use e-money.We are paid with money that we can't see,we are trading without cash money(POS for example),we are using atm,paysafecards,paypal etc.
There is obviously more easy to transfer money, but I think there are still problems suchs us criminality,interest rates, and generally the feeling of insecurity.
As far as I know there are no third world countries anymore they are replaced by "developing countries" because it is really offensive for people living in those countries. Also the E-Money you are talking about are not absent to these developing countries as they are even preferred by other countries. Even poor people have credit cards this day in which they have the mindset of Buy Now, Pay Later. So I guess it is not about your countries rank but how popular is that payment method in that country is.

Kind of trump mind set you have. There are nearly 1:3 people in the world are illiterate and some of the don't to put the signature also by their. Those people how can move to cashless society. Government should take action to learn or create the software in the citizens language and let them learn to understand it. Then they can use bitcoin or even online banking and all.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:37:05 PM

A cashless society would be nice if it was based on crypto, if I hear cashless society mostly I think about western people having a chip on theyr arm or on something on theyr body making payments, that thought is scary though.
But now on crypto it would be good since we would be early players in the game, on the other hand having value in physical form is the best way of life, something you can hold, something thats in your possession and you can do anything with it, based on crypto its only digital numbers you see on your screen, you could lose all in a split second and your life would be throwed away if your internet is broken, worse if all the internet is down !

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:39:23 PM

Kind of trump mind set you have. There are nearly 1:3 people in the world are illiterate and some of the don't to put the signature also by their. Those people how can move to cashless society. Government should take action to learn or create the software in the citizens language and let them learn to understand it. Then they can use bitcoin or even online banking and all.

You should not be equating Bitcoin with internet banking. They are miles apart. But that said, what we need is a killer application, which makes it very simple to use for the layman. It should be no different from using internet banking.
taktik

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:45:41 PM

A cashless society would be nice if it was based on crypto, if I hear cashless society mostly I think about western people having a chip on theyr arm or on something on theyr body making payments, that thought is scary though.
But now on crypto it would be good since we would be early players in the game, on the other hand having value in physical form is the best way of life, something you can hold, something thats in your possession and you can do anything with it, based on crypto its only digital numbers you see on your screen, you could lose all in a split second and your life would be throwed away if your internet is broken, worse if all the internet is down !
if you remember, I will not give you the extra problems that were in some countries, when hackers started the virus and into the state systems and at the same time disabled many institutions and financial structures. Such situations can affect the fact that people will not be able to use their funds that are in electronic form. No computer can not work or even a terminal.
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:24:48 PM

With all the advancements of the wirldcand technology I'm convinced we are going to have a cashless society somehow one day but as to the kind of technology and which era it will happen nobody can tell .

Yes maybe not in our lifetime  but sure will be in cashless society in future. Technology progress very fast now with each passing day we have some new innovation in any field that can bring cashless society to be reality not just talks or concept at any point.

I think some cashless societies may exist but I do not think the whole world is going to be able to make that transition, we are in the 21 century and half of the population of the world do not have access to water so it is difficult for me to believe that we could do all of our transactions online when things like that still are happening around the world.
Yes it is the case around the world. We have more underdeveloped and developing countries than developed ones. Majority of the world population are unaware of such fantastic facilities. How could we suppose to believe that world will be doing everything online? No, it will not that easy.
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:57:21 PM

Abiky i believe a paper currency less society is possible but not in the recent future. First of all this will require universal free internet access which will not be possible until probably thirty years time that is even if the developed world is ready to make sacrifice to help the less endowed get to that le
If you want to have a cashless method of transaction you need to also consider other people. Because in terms of the movement of fiat in the market there are still a large portion of people prefer on using paper money on transaction. But still there are opportunity for people ti develop for them to get to know the future of  Bitcoin more and for them to have a opportunity to earn with used of Bitcoin.
Absentis

Activity: 129

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:29:54 AM

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this.  Wink

Yes cashless will be full of advantages as if we dont bring physical money we will not worry anymore about losing our money in our  everyday travel in the streets, not to worry anymore too from pick pocketing and hold up. Full of bad guys are roaming now in the streets but indeed it will reduce criminality because you only bringing your username, pin and password which are hard to steal from us.
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:39:52 AM

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Government will not allow it, Cash is still the standard money of each country, digitizing fiat currencies will not make a country cashless, Government will not allow that. Even if we say that we are thinking that future is technology enabled cash will still be there Physically and Virtually.

Scallywag

Activity: 249

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:02:35 AM

Well if i look at my own life 95% of my payments are electronic , it is much more convenient.
So i think it is inevatible we will go there, but it brings alot of problems . if you look just at privacy and a power shortage for example. But people won't care for that because they aren't caring for it now. Nobody holds big amounts of cash and most money is already online. So i think we are going there.
Freshmen

Activity: 334

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:44:16 AM

I'm sure fiat will still exist in the future. Not every people in this world has the money to buy a cellphone and they will buy food instead.
You can never expect to see a society having digital currency only. Both paper money and crypto currency has their own places. Yes, this might be possible that usage of paper money become less. But you cannot say that there will be no more existence of paper money.
I second your thought. It would be pretty difficult to make the world go digital in all aspects. There are millions of people who are not willing to use digital currencies even when it is latest trend in the market. According to them, digital currencies are not trustworthy. What I see in the near future is that we will be utilizing both types of currencies.
It will take developed countries almost a score to go digital and I think countries like Japan, USA, Korea etc will do so because they are ones who have legalized bitcoins. Developing countries are all at least one century behind these countries in technology so they will need a complete century or more to go cashless.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:27:03 AM

I'm sure fiat will still exist in the future. Not every people in this world has the money to buy a cellphone and they will buy food instead.
You can never expect to see a society having digital currency only. Both paper money and crypto currency has their own places. Yes, this might be possible that usage of paper money become less. But you cannot say that there will be no more existence of paper money.
I second your thought. It would be pretty difficult to make the world go digital in all aspects. There are millions of people who are not willing to use digital currencies even when it is latest trend in the market. According to them, digital currencies are not trustworthy. What I see in the near future is that we will be utilizing both types of currencies.
It will take developed countries almost a score to go digital and I think countries like Japan, USA, Korea etc will do so because they are ones who have legalized bitcoins. Developing countries are all at least one century behind these countries in technology so they will need a complete century or more to go cashless.

Yes. Legalization is first step. Japan made second when they accepted bitcoin as payment in every day. For me Japan solution is test to see how will it be to pay with bitcoin and for them to see if this is worth the time. Off course everything that is new requires massive speculation and fear from the new users that never use or see bitcoin as concept. So think that for this will take much more time to see some effect and some result. For fully cashless society it will take much more time.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:27:50 AM

The cashless initiative is paying off though it has brought with it a lot of more frauds since there are lots of transactions that are now being done on the internet, fraudsters now have access to lots of information that can be cashed
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:40:17 PM

We are already in the cashless world and plastic money is already being used by the developed and developing countries much commonly. But we are using all this with the support of fiat. Without them all these cards etc are useless. I don’t think so cryptos will eliminate fiat forever even buying bitcoin is too hard in many part of this globe.
TheGreatPython

Activity: 2520
Merit: 329

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:39:46 AM

The possibility of the cashless society that you are saying is 30%. I think the 30% is very small possibility because I think in the future many people will still prefer fiat than digital currency.
I don’t even think that there are 30% chances of this thing to happen. In fact it will be very much odd if we’ll see this scenario in the future. Digital currency and paper money are entirely different and had no effect on each other. So we cannot expect a society without paper money.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
Duelbits
███████████████████████████████████████████████    ████    ████    ████
████    ████    ████

THE MOST REWARDING CASINO
████    ████
███████████████    ████    ████
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
     +4,000     
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
  $500,000 
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
    $10,000   
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:54:07 AM

The possibility of the cashless society that you are saying is 30%. I think the 30% is very small possibility because I think in the future many people will still prefer fiat than digital currency.
I don’t even think that there are 30% chances of this thing to happen. In fact it will be very much odd if we’ll see this scenario in the future. Digital currency and paper money are entirely different and had no effect on each other. So we cannot expect a society without paper money.

This may be true, but think little off the grid, figuratively speaking. It would be great to see cashless society no question about it in any way possible.
But this is just concept and maybe concept is much bigger then anything else but still would like to see this. Maybe they will test on some small country or something.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

wowanstrong

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:07:23 PM

I think that the world will not completely give up cash, because in case of failure, a person will not be able to sell or buy anything. Cash will probably be less, but they will exist.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Attaman

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:37:21 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 08:53:02 AM by Attaman

More like the future because i don't think in the future people will pay with cash but instead of cash all people will pay with cards and you will have a card of bitcoin and all your other coins.

That will attract more users to bitcoin, and bitcoin will grow more.
Stac

Activity: 419

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:45:30 PM

When the whole world change to cryptography the world will move to a cashless society where there will not be any chance for theft and the financial transactions can made easily 24*7 without have to think of going to bank for financial transactions.  We ourselves have the sole right our cryptocurrency without any central authority and the best part of this is the public ledger called the blockchain technology which records all the bitcoin transactions throughout the world. Infact this technology can be called the greatest inventions of the century.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: