Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:11:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cashless society  (Read 36229 times)
BETnaBET

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:45:33 PM

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this.  Wink

Because of expensive price of bitcoin and it's volatile value bitcoin now is getting ready to a cashless society. While it's getting popular to all the world bitcoin will be our currency to all the world. Cashless society makes all easy transaction especially in electronics payments.
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:41:08 PM

Anything is moving fast, we are going toward the new world order, and a centralized electronic cash is mandatory for who is in charge.
Bitcoin - as a decentralized one - can be what will save us. We'll see.
Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:49:52 PM

Cashless society is a nightmare for any free person. Of course, if we mean this as a centralized accounting of cash. If you drop this assumption, then there is nothing terrible. I do not think that in the future there will be some problems with electricity or Internet access. Modern realities by the way are very similar to cashless society. You do not control even the amount of money you have - the government can turn them into dust with the help of inflation. Or just pick up half of your own money. Even if you keep them in cash.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:37:14 AM

It could be a great thing that will happen if everyone could accept these changes but it is not possible right now because our current technology is not that yet advanced and some people doesn't really know how to use computers, so it will be down to a huge debate.
It will really be too good to see things happening in that way. This concept of cashless society is indeed a very good concept and it is very much possible to see such kind of thing in the future. However, until and unless this bitcoin and all other crypto coins don’t get recognized as legal currencies, it is little difficult to make things happen that way. It will take time and after that we really can expect cashless society.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:26:58 PM

There are two kind on cashless society: one with a decentralized cryptocoin, than means freedom. The other with a centralized elecronic fiat money, that will be a pure dictatorship wiht absolute control.
WE need to understand the difference.

19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:24:24 AM

Cashless society is a very sad thing, the difference in current wealth status is very high and make us have to work hard to make the lower social strata can enjoy prosperity and this is the job of all of us.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Goldwin27

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:55:16 AM

i believe the cashless society will come, if you believe in the bible , in revelation chapter 13:16-17 says" also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead (17) so that no one can buy or sell he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:31:25 PM

It could be a great thing that will happen if everyone could accept these changes but it is not possible right now because our current technology is not that yet advanced and some people doesn't really know how to use computers, so it will be down to a huge debate.
Going cashless will make us live in a true global village in the true spirits but as you have mentioned, it will take some time, probably a score or more because for this, we need everyone to be able to use internet and have computer. But the way, things are changing rapidly and technology is making advancement rapidly, things will change soon. I am also in favor of going digital with little use of cash as a backup currency.
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:50:20 AM

There are two kind on cashless society: one with a decentralized cryptocoin, than means freedom. The other with a centralized elecronic fiat money, that will be a pure dictatorship wiht absolute control.
WE need to understand the difference.

I agree, there is a big misunderstanding about "cashless".
And I'm afraid that governments will profit of this confusion just to invent some kind of "Government coin", (as in Venezuela) just to say "here is your cryptocurrency".

Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:43:29 PM

The existence of a cashless society brings goodness in life, if all the same then there will be no life, some are rich and poor then the economy can go well and but with this fact then we should care more for those less fortunate.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:47:12 PM

This will be a great idea. But the problem is, banks can easily manipulate us, can freeze your funds immediately and unable to use it.

And why is that? I think banks has some reasons to do things in their services but I think they will not do anything unreasonable like freezing our funds that easily. If there will comes a time that no one is using cash and just use digital currencies, I think there will be a lot of time where you will be sending a lot of money and i think that will be really unreasonable to freeze your account that easily..
Red Fire

Activity: 189
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:33:53 PM

Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this.  Wink
Cashless society will be like being controlled by technology because of course being cashless it mean being into technology. People will use more and more technology by that time if the world become cashless but I don't think it will happen because there are no country that doesn't have poor people.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:25:04 PM

Casheless society would be great, because transactions would be easier and faster.  But i think it would be very difficult to establish. We've been using fiat for thousands of years, and is widely accepted form of payment by the government. It would be a very long process to convert everything into a cashless society. IT CAN BE POSSIBLE, but it will definitely take a very long time for it to happen.
Internet is also necessary for a cashless society. Without it, there will be no transactions. Other thab that, some areas in different part of the world do not have internet, or some people (especially the low earners) do not have mobile phones or gadgets to download app so cryptocurrency's transaction would be feasible.
Many people think that a cash less society will be great but I disagree, there will be a way to track every single transaction that you make something not possible now if you use cash, even if I like bitcoin I will not like a society that only accepted bitcoin since that will mean that everything you do in the blockchain will be visible for everyone to see.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:39:28 PM

Casheless society would be great, because transactions would be easier and faster.  But i think it would be very difficult to establish. We've been using fiat for thousands of years, and is widely accepted form of payment by the government. It would be a very long process to convert everything into a cashless society. IT CAN BE POSSIBLE, but it will definitely take a very long time for it to happen.
Internet is also necessary for a cashless society. Without it, there will be no transactions. Other thab that, some areas in different part of the world do not have internet, or some people (especially the low earners) do not have mobile phones or gadgets to download app so cryptocurrency's transaction would be feasible.
Many people think that a cash less society will be great but I disagree, there will be a way to track every single transaction that you make something not possible now if you use cash, even if I like bitcoin I will not like a society that only accepted bitcoin since that will mean that everything you do in the blockchain will be visible for everyone to see.
I want the set up now that bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are widely used by making it as an investment but not as making it as  our currency in the future I don't think that it was wise enough to make a cashless society because some countries can't afford to due to lack of knowledge about technologies.

developeX

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:10:59 PM

I only agree if Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency will meet the population demands, the reason why we use cash and not soo precious metal because gold and silver can't meet the demads of the populations
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:08:05 PM

I hate the idea of cashless society..... i provokes some of my worst nightmares. But just imagine that situation when governments will have complete control of our earnings (each member of your household).....we won't be able to buy different stuffs,keep some savings.
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:22:39 PM

If cashless means to use electronic money supplied by governments, all you have is the same society as today, but with absolute control from authority and no benefit for people.

darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:49:09 AM

The existence of a cashless society brings goodness in life, if all the same then there will be no life, some are rich and poor then the economy can go well and but with this fact then we should care more for those less fortunate.
Having a cashless society will be a very bad thing if it ever happens, cause we will all be required to use money with the help of devices like smart phones, computers etc. Such a society won’t be in favor of the poor, so it’s not a good idea, and is very bad. Not everyone can afford these devices. So cash is very important.
gua86402

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:20:44 AM

Cashless society "saves social resources. Monetary form, has always been attached to some kind of real objects, whether ancient gold ingots, pieces of silver, copper, or steel COINS and paper money today, has been used in this form. It is also a huge waste of material. As with the widely used paper money, there are many pieces of paper money that have to be withdrawn and destroyed every year. The "cashless society" has changed the form of money, which is a resource saving society.
Agaton

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:33:28 AM

A cashless society is similar to extreme poor. It is economically out balance, without income support, without agricultural, industrial, social and information.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: