Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:44:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ?  (Read 35054 times)
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:43:50 AM

Knowing that there are lots of investors and large companies who are in to bitcoin, I think its gonna be hard for bitcoin to lose its value. We can say that bitcoin might go down a bit, but it will definitely make its way back and might be with a spike! Thinking that its gonna be christmas soon.
Bitcoin's price can drop anytime, it may drop tomorrow, next week or next month. No one actually knows. But for sure, it will recovered in no time because their is still demand and supply. As long as people are still interested in bitcoin, its value will never lose unless there's a new cryptocurrency that is greater than bitcoin and as of now, there is none.
Tsuyuri

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:05:43 AM

I also believe that it's possible that bitcoin loses ist value. It may go down to any Price again. There is just nothing that makes btc a safe heaven.

Yes its true. Bitcoin can lose his value easily. If a country bans bitcoin it will go down very hard as we can see by the ban of china on icos. Bitcoin is not safe it can go down in a few days very hard.

As we can see bitcoin was nearly at 4000 dollars, but if you look now bitcoin is at 3600-3700 price. It was even 3200 dollars !
theunbeatable

Activity: 546
Merit: 258

I could either watch it happen or be a part of it

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:14:21 AM

no it will go other side till now bitcoin to reach it is real value it is about 7500$

the answer will be yes only if bitcoin system hacked

There are altcoins that are not being hacked but they are losing their value. I think this is a matter of trusts by it users because if that coins losses its market cap the price will eventually go down. Other thing is that BTC came for about a cent so there are possibilities that it can go that deep again ( for example : natural disaster, war, internet malfunction and the whole system failure for whatever reason. )

Definitely not. It may dump but will not totally lose its value since no one can stop it.

When it goes down to the real thing the CHINA stopped bitcoin regulation and Im hoping for the sake of its future, other government and big companies will backed it up.
Rindtom

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:33:48 AM

It is impossible to lose it price because as long as there are many traders that trade bitcoin the price of bitcoin will keep increasing until it will worth a million.
if we will continue to hold our bitcoin and hope for the increasing demand then the price of bitcoin will either continue to go to the top or just become stable at the current price range.

It is not impossible my friend remember that we live in this world. Everything can happen here its like a dream. Even bitcoin can fall nothing will last forever, but i hope that it will increase his value of course. I would then sell my coins and convert my altcoins to bitcoins in order to sell them also. Bitcoin is a bit of stable but not much as you can see on the ban of China.
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:37:09 AM

In bitcoin, nothing is impossible. Yes its possible, it depends on the user if the bitcoin lose it's value. In everything that you do? You should know your limitations and know the real value of a thing. Becquse if you abused or over used bitcoin? In the end you are the one who would suffer.
Yes maybe it will.because bitcoin is flactuating and its increasing and decreasing we did'nt know what happens next in the value of bitcoin in the coming future.And its depends on the situation of the expanding of bitcoin .but if many people will invest in bitcoin it will not lose is value and im always hoping for being stable of bitcoin.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 08:43:44 AM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.
Yes, quite possible I believe, if countries like China and the like continue to apply more and more regulations to bitcoin, then people might jot be interested in bitcoin anymore and then they will choose the crypto currency that will be in their favor, because let's admit it, we only use bitcoin because of the fact that it's beneficial to us and not to the society. Come what may, bitcoin should survive and rule the cryptos forever is what I want to happen.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:30:37 AM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Yes, quite possible I believe, if countries like China and the like continue to apply more and more regulations to bitcoin, then people might jot be interested in bitcoin anymore and then they will choose the crypto currency that will be in their favor, because let's admit it, we only use bitcoin because of the fact that it's beneficial to us and not to the society. Come what may, bitcoin should survive and rule the cryptos forever is what I want to happen.
I don't agree to that. Bitcoin is very beneficial to the society because it will help the community to have a faster way of making payments and doing transaction so i think that is the benefit that the society will get if they will enable bitcoin into their life and fully adopt it too like what we did and somehow they can get the things that they wanted through working in bitcoin.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:46:21 PM

In my own opinion, bitcoin could really lose it's value due if the government started to banned bitcoin or removed it in the internet. But as i see bitcoin today, it is very impossible to lose bitcoins value because bitcoin's price is now recovering and increases its price. Bitcoin also getting more famous.
We are talking about present and future of the bitcoins and in my opinion, rather majority will support this stance of bitcoins not losing their value in the near future. Bitcoins are highly increasing in value now a day and I believe that soon they are going to be legal around the globe, making them the best currency.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:09:07 AM

Bitcoin can lose its value, but it's hard for bitcoin to lose even 50% its value. If there's a new technology that's better than bitcoin, then that will make bitcoin lose its value.

According to advertising concept; it reflects the fact that something is similar, it is actually a good thing, there are many subcodes right now, many of them are really naughty.

Nope, this can't happen if you look at the market cap of bitcoin. Don't think it too technical way just think it on practical way. What I mean by that is, bitcoin has so much investment already circulating into market that it will always push it up even in the bad times. Forming a new tech and then pumping the value of same would take lot of time and off course investment which is long term and trusted. There have been so many but none of them really crossed bitcoin. I don't think bitcoin it will loose its value so easily.

Agreed on you to that, though nowadays everything is possible to be happen anyway. But at this point of time even bitcoin price now was 3800$ something it doesn't mean it will straight forward to go down, of course its not like that, due to bitcoin established a lot investors in the entire world. So to lost its  value is not going to be happen in our generation now.
Yes of course, it is definitely possible for any currency to lose its market value.  Majority of business setbacks have been resulted from the currency going down. As bitcoin is much more valued, the chances are definitely less than others. But still you cannot predict it to be safe enough to go down.
setupbounds

Merit: 509

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:38:41 AM

Such doubts would definitely come for newbies as they don't have adequate knowledge about bitcoin.More over,lots of FUD spreading in the market would also make them panic about their bitcoin investment.Bitcoin is a decentralized currency uncontrolled by any authority and hence its price is uncontrolled y any one.Its price just increases and decreases with increase and decrease in demand for it.But,we could see that today bitcoin is getting legalized in many countries and more companies are accepting bitcoin payments day by day.Mass adoption is taking place all over the world.so,the chance is very less for decrease in demand for bitcoins and hence its price also.So,in this stage,we could believe that bitcoin would not lose its value.
In 2022 there are high chances of bitcoin been seen everywhere. The way it is increasing in its demand can make anyone believe that the bitcoin is going to rule the world in the coming years. Still ruling the world in 2022 may be a little tough but i expect it to make a great success in future.
Dheo

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:45:48 AM

It may be posible to lose the value of bitcoin but I think not for now, the value for now is sometimes increase and sometimes decrease but I'm sure this year it wouldn't be happen because at this time the value of bitcoin Will be high.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:55:16 AM

Reduction of value happens with bitcoin in terms of the capital circulation quite often. This happens when the price fluctutes going low and once after a short when the price increases automatically the capital volume increases. So I don't think at present or in the future the value drops low.
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:41:55 AM

Bitcoin can lose its value only if it loses the interest of users, but now a lot of people are interested in bitcoin and there is no reason for a panic that he can die. You need to invest and make a profit.
Bitcoin is now making more users as the time being passed. It is not possible to loss the value of the bitcoin now, the currency of the bitcoin will the future of the money now it is being legal in many countries. Bitcoin can loss the value only if it will be stop using by the people who are investing the huge amount of money in bitcoin.
Bitcoin can lose value thanks to speculators but since bitcoin adoption keeps growing everyday it is impossible for the price to stay down for long, just look at the previous FUD by China and yet the price recovered after just a few days and now is above 4k once again.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:47:30 AM

It may be posible to lose the value of bitcoin but I think not for now, the value for now is sometimes increase and sometimes decrease but I'm sure this year it wouldn't be happen because at this time the value of bitcoin Will be high.

Its value goes up and down due to demand and supply. But its price is not backed by any other assets just based on people demand so its prices can fluctuate in both directions very much based news. If bad news comes out then everyone will sell in a panic and its prices go down a lot within a day or two and any good news comes out it will go high. No one can tell what will be the price of bitcoin in future but we all think that its demand will grow and prices can go up.
streazight

Merit: 502

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:35:34 PM

Definitely not. It may dump but will not totally lose its value since no one can stop it.
I hope you know that bitcoin in itself is not the one controlling its own price. We are the ones and it is based on the usual demand and supply. The more the demand of people who are ready to buy at a certain price are, the more valuable it becomes and that is why it is called a digital asset as well. So I do not understand what you meant by saying no one can stop it. Sure! No one can single handedly do, but if there is no support for it, then it becomes nothing and even the devs will not be able to do anything about it.
annylawrence

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:45:29 PM

I would say its is very unlikely to happen ,because bitcoin has a very large base of Most network effect and supporters
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:33:03 AM

Yes it is possible. In dumps, bitcoin and any other coins lose some of its value then goes back slowly. In normal conditions, there are times that bitcoin going up and down as time changes. In extreme conditions like what happened way back then, bitcoin's price goes down real low, looks like its vanishing. But still, they were to recover that and now bitcoin is stable,  going good for business.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:57:28 AM

I don't think Bitcoin will lose its value. As seen from its development bitcoin values continue to increase over time despite accompanied by some decline. Let's we see the value of bitcoin from previous years, it is much lower than bitcoin value at the moment. Not to mention bitcoin will still continues to be developed / still on process of maturation, which seems in the future its value will be even higher from now and will be increasingly used by many peoples i guess.
It is not possible at all for the bitcoins to lose their value in the upcoming years or so. This is because it is a decentralized economy and most of the trading nowadays is done in the form of bitcoins whether it comes to the import and export process or some personal business .From the present status of the bitcoin compared with the past market value ,it could be clear that the price would rise even higher.

Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:32:40 AM

Yes, it is possible. Think about what happened previously when China banned bitcoin some of the value have lost because of the bad news and investors and traders can not use bitcoin anymore.
It happened last week but i think they will use the same scenario soon with other news like Japaneses banned Bitcoin.Like what happen to China that before. By the way, Jamie Dimon is trying to low the valuable of Bitcoin all the time.
Though this person is trying best to devalue bitcoins but I believe that he is not going to be successful in his mission.

Bitcoins have very large market and those who are holding bitcoins at present; they should not be deceived by these fake news and make sure to make these efforts go fruitless so that bitcoins keep ruling the world. Bitcoins are going to rule crypto kingdom forever.
nelsledma

Activity: 572

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:44:15 AM

no it will go other side till now bitcoin to reach it is real value it is about 7500$

the answer will be yes only if bitcoin system hacked
No I don’t think so bit coin will lose its value as it is the most secured, stable and exponentially growing crypto currency. People from all over the world are investing in bit coin because of its amazing sustainability characteristics. Traders are getting benefits from it these days while investors keep investing in it for long term.
Yes I agree with you. Bitcoin will never drop its value, because it is a growing crypto digital currency of the future and of today as well. If bitcoin lose its price and value then may be many people withdraw their investment and will turn to altcoin. Because nobody wants to lose his gard earning money. Loosing and growing is all about the circumstances around the globe and the situation tells that it will rise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: