Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:28:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ?  (Read 35058 times)
Batang Hambog

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:17:38 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.
Just look at the past few days. The price of the bitcoin went down half a thousand in like a day. The thing that you must know when you get involved with bitcoins is that everything is possible and the price might go as low as back to 300 dollars in a few days easily if the massive dump starts. The price is fluctuating all the time.

I remember the day when mtgox scam happened, that was terrible. All people suddenly understood that they might lose all their savings on the exchange so they started selling it massively. Other people who saw that the price is going down started fomoing and selling it as well in order to take as small loss as possible.

To be honest at the moment, ethereum seems to be way better investment option short term. A lot of people are jumping in order to make as much profit out of it as possible, so I wouldn't be surprised if the price started going up again. Bitcoin is becoming weaker and weaker with time as eth market cap is going up.
I dont think so. Because investors never stops to give or to owe their money here. Theyre are really trusting bitcoin as their good path of their money as they invested their money here. Yes bitcoin is becoming weaker sometimes but it is really unbelievable to lose its value in just a quick moment.
darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:44:32 AM

i am agree with people who saying about that bitcoin prize is going low but it's all about the volatility if we want to get something then we have to keep some hold on it until the good prize i have also invested i btc for sure it will increase in 2018 that is my opinion the value of bitcoin  is lower then before so keep hold.
There was a time Bitcoin isn’t worth up to a dollar, but fortunately it gained value through the investments that were made into it, and now, the current price rate is $13,816. The price is volatile, if it can gain value, it can also lose the gained value, that’s a normal thing with stocks and assets and Bitcoin is no different.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Derrick

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:53:18 AM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?

I think the only scenario that could push bitcoin to lose it's value is by the internet to be totally gone all over the world. I've read something about people disregarding it's value. No matter how many or even all people decide not value it anymore, there will always be people who are opportunist who will take it as an advantage and could cause others who already abandoned bitcoin to go back.
It is now not possible that bitcoin lost its value. It is only possible when everybody left the use of the bitcoins and reverse all the investment that have been done in the bitcoin. But these step are impossible now because bitcoin is the strongest and highest value’s currency in world market.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:14:42 AM

Yes, it is quite possible. Bitcoin has no security, so its value depends entirely on its popularity. As a currency, Bitcoin is not backed by anything to ensure its value, so Bitcoin's price can not be predicted. However, it seems to me that Bitcoin is so popular right now that it is too early to talk about its collapse. More and more people are becoming interested in crypto-currencies, which means that Bitcoin's price will grow.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:26:40 AM

Will its noy posible that bitcoin price lose but as long as many user invest in bitcoin. I dont think the price will lose.Bitcoin price fall its here natural many user eait for it so they can buy and hold.as long as your country didnt not banned bitcoin you will not lose it..
Bitcoins are not predictable, if someone is saying bitcoins will be of this price next month and this price next week, he is just lying. Seriously he doesn’t know anything. Bitcoins are just making the world astonished that you can predict and you can’t even think of what will be the next step by bitcoins. So better is to keep updated with events and information’s about it.
royale143

Merit: 36

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:35:30 AM

Bitcoin lost %80 of its value after the GoX crash in late 2013. People panic sold their coins in despair. The price fell from over 1k$ to as low as 200$ in time. The recovery took very long time but those who hold their coins won the jackpot. Even the top buyers made at east %100 profits since then.

Can bitcoin lose its value? Yes. Only for a time.

In the long run, there will be a recovery as always.

The Solution: If you won't be able to deal with the pain of holding bitcoins for long years, only hold the amount you can afford to lose.

It can. As bad as it may sound, and even if bitcoin actually holds a very commanding price point at the moment, it is still very much possible. Some brought about by market changes and trends, others are brought by people and developers like forks. There are times, especially during the younger years of bitcoin when there are so few people supporting it, it was the time when bitcoin already amounted to less than a dollar and it stayed that way for a long time. If that is the case now, I don't think many people would give notice because that is such a meager amount to invest in. However, fortunately, bitcoin boomed, and now, even if there are so many market changes that may prompt for its value to decline, it has the capacity to easily adjust and regain it's strength back.

PIR

Activity: 322

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:01:17 AM

I don't think it will totally fall or lose it value Bitcoin is bitcoin and they are now widely known globally and is being use internationally more and more people specially the rich one and businessman are getting interested  it may fall to some degree like for example in the scale from the scale of 1-100 the least they fall is I guess 20% the most but to some extent I don't think so, no one knows what will happen next we cannot simple predict Bitcoin what matter is we keep updated and interested in in no matter what

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
Rono

Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:19:43 AM

Yes, it is possible.But it will need more time to lose its value I think.Bitcoin is now popular in the world and Valuable.Bitcoin is Decentralized cryptocurrency and it is blockchain technology.Bitcoin system is so good and safe for people.Hacking is not so Easy.I really like blockchain technology.Everything Has his Own Value.Nothing is in this world is Everlasting.But I believe Bitcoin is remaining longlasting.

══════════════☛MORBEX.FINANCE☚═════════════
Giving Your Savings The Opportunity To Grow
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:36:24 AM

I don't think that would happen in near future. Bitcoin will remain the main cryptocurrency. It wouldn't lose its value. Its price has been relatively stable for the past several weeks. I believe it will pump again in three months time.
badungs

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:41:42 AM

i dont know exactly, but someday bitcoin will die.
if see history of bitcoin price, it cant replace by other cryptocurrent but it can lose the value. when all people not interest and when the all government banned bitcoin and all other coin from this world
Gondwanaland

Activity: 354

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:15:14 PM

In my opinion yes it may, because for me i believe that nothing is impossible in this world. so that it is not impossible that bitcoin value will lose. Because if there is no investors or businessman involve in bitcoin of course the bitcoin has no value also, or in a worst thing bitcoin will be not exist.

RATEONIUM              Twitter       Telegram     Reddit   
GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██ SERVICE RATING PLATFORM Gothic ██  ██
Sophia29

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:55:04 PM

Everything is possible to happen and it will also happen in Bitcoin and other cryotocurrency if people feel its relevancy is loss, we can't prevent what future can bring but we can act faster now as the demand for buyers is growing faster weekly
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:08:19 PM

The only way for it to lose it's value is if it gets banned all over the world. When that happens, people will lose interest and get all their money out. Miners will close shop and all that's left will be a dead coin with no value. But let's get real. Since when did the whole world have a united decision against anything?
Thinking about the banning of bitcoin is similar as thinking about a snowfall in Dubai. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency it its price can never get stable. It is expected to rise eventually. So, it’s great opportunity to invest and gain high profits from bitcoin. Bitcoin is basically a service and it eases the modes of transactions. Therefore it is a child wish to ban bitcoin.
lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:28:11 AM

It could happen bitcoin lost its value but not for now. The jump in bitcoin prices and the more it invests in bitcoin, it will make the bitcoin stronger and will last longer.

shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:01:27 AM

Anything is possible with BTC. Price can be up only if BTC is showing their performance excellent and get interest of more and more people and that is the main aim of BTC. while if performance of BTC is down then people will lose their interest in BTC and as BTC lose their customers then price will be start falling more and more. So it totally depend on the performance of BTC
Harley29

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:29:08 PM

It is impossible to loss it's value even if it started to decrease it's price.. Btc is become more popular in the world, it also become a payment method in some areas, i guess it is very impossible to lose it's value.
It’s very hard that bitcoin can lose its value if bitcoin price stay remain on its one place so then I think there is a chance that bitcoin can lose its value and I’m sure bitcoin will not do so because bitcoin don’t compromise on its price bitcoin is still going high and as everyone know that new year begin so there are a lot of countries who want to join bitcoin and when they join bitcoin so its users will be increased automatically.
Activitycoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:35:05 PM

It could happen bitcoin lost its value but not for now. The jump in bitcoin prices and the more it invests in bitcoin, it will make the bitcoin stronger and will last longer.
I don’t think so bitcoin can lose its value because bitcoin is now very strong and stable in market and there is also a very big support to bitcoin by some countries so bitcoin is then best currency for countries and day by day its users are increasing there is one thing if that happen so I think bitcoin can lose its value and that is if bitcoin price stay remain on one place and it stop move so then I think that can be the reason to lose its value.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 08:38:24 PM

I don’t think bitcoin can lose its value because bitcoin is now very strong and stable in market

What? the exchange rate is actually going up and down everyday with atleast $500 margin. Thats not what people called as stable

and there is also a very big support to bitcoin by some countries

Some countries do support it but some dont, the majority is still neutral for the moment

so bitcoin is then best currency for countries

Not really as of now because the transaction fees are quite high

and day by day its users are increasing there is one thing if that happen so I think bitcoin can lose its value and that is if bitcoin price stay remain on one place and it stop move so then I think that can be the reason to lose its value.

It doesnt matter if people keep using it because there is nothing certain in the crypto world. You could wake up one day just to see it become a worthless bag of coin, it is a possibility although the chances for it to happen is pretty low

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
inlovewith

Activity: 257
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:39:44 PM

I don't really think so, because as soon as it goes down there are going to be lots of people like me who will buy and buy.
CryptoCelebritiesTreasure

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:45:37 PM

No, it's impossible. It's just only a basement of the pyramid if we look on it as a global scale. It's jet rather small community involved in crypto, comparecing to fiat global finance structure.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: